PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bennet

dannywpt
04-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Was the #1 pick in the draft almost 2 years ago :roll:

BlakFrankWhite
04-02-2015, 08:22 AM

bulky and a good rebounder for his size.....fools thought he was the next Charles Barkley.

El Gato Negro
04-02-2015, 08:28 AM
was huge in bringing over klove, thanx bennett :cheers:

navy
04-02-2015, 08:36 AM
bulky and a good rebounder for his size.....fools thought he was the next Charles Barkley.
:biggums:

FKAri
04-02-2015, 08:51 AM
He is a scar on humanity's legacy

hawksdogsbraves
04-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Probably my favorite joke player in the league.

Some people say you can still hear Cavs fans sticking up for him to this very day.

FatComputerNerd
04-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Probably my favorite joke player in the league.

Some people say you can still hear Cavs fans sticking up for him to this very day.

I still want him back.

He will be the next LJ, mark my words.

midatlantic09
04-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Whoever in the Cavs organization gave the green light to draft him should be banned from making any basketball personnel decisions ever again.

Nothing about the guy suggested that taking him even top 3 would be a great idea.

cuad
04-02-2015, 11:39 AM
:lol

bobopenguin
04-02-2015, 12:47 PM
and these tanking teams are acting like bunch monkeys on court to fight for the lottery pick for potential players like him..:facepalm

RightTwoCensor
04-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Bennett isn't even that bad, stop overreacting.

One season with Harden and he'd be in the running for Most Improved Player next year.

BurningHammer
04-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Could turn into Canadian ZBo.

Could turn into Canadian Michael Sweetney.

kwajo
04-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Still has potential to be a solid player in the L; whenever he is healthy and given minutes, he almost always produces.

GOBB
04-02-2015, 02:20 PM
He can't succeed in Minny where there was nothing but minutes, shots and no one to beat at the PF spot. Pretty sad.

CavaliersFTW
04-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Canadian Shaq

Dr Seuss
04-02-2015, 02:25 PM
There's so many serviceable PF's in the league, and even more with some 3's playing stretch fours, that hes going to have a hard time finding a starting gig somewhere, let alone consistent minutes off the bench.

hawksdogsbraves
04-02-2015, 02:49 PM
His fat ass can't even stay healthy to get those minutes where people claim he would 'produce' :oldlol:

Absolute scrub

dunksby
04-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Don't be afraid to call him a bust, a number one draft pick is expected to have at least star potential, now I can't see him being anything better than a regular backup PF.

midatlantic09
04-02-2015, 02:54 PM
His fat ass can't even stay healthy to get those minutes where people claim he would 'produce' :oldlol:

Absolute scrub

This.

I'd completely understand if he were doing everything possible to become a good player, but he can't even manage to get in excellent shape (which shouldn't be difficult to do since that's all he has to worry about...it's not like he has multiple jobs). That right there is a major sign that he's not going to improve much.

FreezingTsmoove
04-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Took a number pick out of mountain west conference :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

RightToCensor
04-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Don't be afraid to call him a bust, a number one draft pick is expected to have at least star potential, now I can't see him being anything better than a regular backup PF.
The 2013 draft had no star potential. The Cavaliers drafted out of need rather than potential.

Stretch PF who can run the floor and play above the rim. Bennett at UNLV played hard every game, if he didn't get injured and wasn't rushed to be on the floor he wouldn't be in this predicament.

Now he's on a Timberwolves team with no direction. He's played with three frontcourt players (Young/Pek/Dieng now Garnett/Pek/Dieng) who are more developed for the game than him.

If he gets fully healthy and conditioned back to the way he was at UNLV + some NBA Strength he'll be a great complement player.

Nets fan 93
04-02-2015, 03:12 PM
He can't succeed in Minny where there was nothing but minutes, shots and no one to beat at the PF spot. Pretty sad.
Thad had that spot on lock. Unless you're talking backup

oh the horror
04-02-2015, 03:17 PM
The 2013 draft had no star potential. The Cavaliers drafted out of need rather than potential.

Stretch PF who can run the floor and play above the rim. Bennett at UNLV played hard every game, if he didn't get injured and wasn't rushed to be on the floor he wouldn't be in this predicament.

Now he's on a Timberwolves team with no direction. He's played with three frontcourt players (Young/Pek/Dieng now Garnett/Pek/Dieng) who are more developed for the game than him.

If he gets fully healthy and conditioned back to the way he was at UNLV + some NBA Strength he'll be a great complement player.

Everyone had a big "wtf moment" when he was picked first. And as it stands now there are multiple players doing better than him from That class.

There shouldn't be any "well he can be okay" for a 1st pick. Cleveland just blew it massively.

RightToCensor
04-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Everyone had a big "wtf moment" when he was picked first. And as it stands now there are multiple players doing better than him from That class.

There shouldn't be any "well he can be okay" for a 1st pick. Cleveland just blew it massively.
He was supposed to be good, Larry Johnson good. Him spreading the floor and playing hard next to Kyrie Irving was supposed to be the plan before the injury.

If Bennett had the playing time as other players from that class he'd put up stats just as good. Sadly, last season he was in bad condition and plagued with injury and now this season he's stuck on the back of the bus with guys like Thad Young, Pekovic, Gieng, and Kevin Garnett getting minutes.

I've seen flashes of him being what he was at UNLV. With his size, length, and athleticism there shouldn't be a player in the league that could block his dunk in the open floor.

Milbuck
04-02-2015, 03:35 PM
The 2013 draft had no star potential.
What they thought at the time of the draft, or just in general?

RightToCensor
04-02-2015, 03:49 PM
What they thought at the time of the draft, or just in general?
At the time. That was a very weak draft class going in. Only Noel had first tier star defensive potential, but there was concern with his injured knee that kept him out in 2013-2014.

Nobody saw Oladipo, Noel (technically is his rookie season), Giannas, and Gobert breaking out their second season like the way they are now. With Giannas and Gobert their weakness heading to the draft was their low to unknown floor, but both had high ceilings (scouts didn't know how soon both would reach their potential).

The second tier of the 2013 NBA Draft was thought to be a bunch of role players, not franchise talents:

Otto Porter, Cody Zeller, Alex Len, Anthony Bennett, Ben McLemore, Kelly Olynyk.

Milbuck
04-02-2015, 04:17 PM
At the time. That was a very weak draft class going in. Only Noel had first tier star defensive potential, but there was concern with his injured knee that kept him out in 2013-2014.

Nobody saw Oladipo, Noel (technically is his rookie season), Giannas, and Gobert breaking out their second season like the way they are now. With Giannas and Gobert their weakness heading to the draft was their low to unknown floor, but both had high ceilings (scouts didn't know how soon both would reach their potential).

The second tier of the 2013 NBA Draft was thought to be a bunch of role players, not franchise talents:

Otto Porter, Cody Zeller, Alex Len, Anthony Bennett, Ben McLemore, Kelly Olynyk.Fair enough. Even if we forget Noel, Dipo was still a way better pick. It wasn't Lebron or Davis hype but he was getting a lot of attention as one of the best talents in the draft, he had clear star potential..even at the time. Even with Waiters, Dipo was the clear BPA outside of Noel imo.

RedBlackAttack
04-02-2015, 04:17 PM
I've lost interest in AB for obvious reasons, but if he never succeeds in the NBA, it will because he is not mentally strong enough to right his deficiencies. He has the talent to be a good NBA player.

Unfortunately, that and 50 cents will get you a pack of gum.

I hope he pans out some day. Seems like a genuinely nice kid.

For the record, I thought the pick should have been Noel at the time and I didn't think anyone else was particularly close. I was as confused by the pick as anyone, especially since we already had a good young PF in Tristan.

RightToCensor
04-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Fair enough. Even if we forget Noel, Dipo was still a way better pick. It wasn't Lebron or Davis hype but he was getting a lot of attention as one of the best talents in the draft, he had clear star potential..even at the time. Even with Waiters, Dipo was the clear BPA outside of Noel imo.
The only reason Cleveland didn't draft Oladipo was the fact that he would clutter the backcourt. How would he develop with Irving and Waiters taking 75% of his shots? If you drafted Oladipo then that says a lot about how much you trust Waiters as your franchise's SG.

They didn't draft Noel because of the spacing issues between him, TT, and Varejao that would create.

The must have liked Bennett more than Porter.

RightToCensor
04-02-2015, 04:25 PM
I've lost interest in AB for obvious reasons, but if he never succeeds in the NBA, it will because he is not mentally strong enough to right his deficiencies. He has the talent to be a good NBA player.

It's hard to see a player that plays as hard as Bennett does coped with his outgoing personality as someone who could be mentally weak.

He's suffering from being on the wrong team, I hope KG is mentoring AB to take his rotational minutes when he retires, because every game Garnett plays takes away from in-game knowledge Bennett could get.

RedBlackAttack
04-02-2015, 04:30 PM
It's hard to see a player that plays as hard as Bennett does coped with his outgoing personality as someone who could be mentally weak.

He's suffering from being on the wrong team, I hope KG is mentoring AB to take his rotational minutes when he retires, because every game Garnett plays takes away from in-game knowledge Bennett could get.
He was pretty much a full-blown basket case last year after he missed his first 17 shots as a pro or whatever the number was. You could see it written all over his body language on the floor. I really don't think he ever really recovered all last season from that loss of confidence and being a national joke.

The guy was missing layups and dunks... played hot potato with the ball much of the time, like he couldn't wait to get it out of his hands.

http://i.imgur.com/Gfwq2W7.gif

Then, MB made the (correct) decision to sit him out so that he could get healthy, into decent shape and get his mind right. I thought there was a chance he would be a new guy this season with expectations lowered so much, but without him in Cleveland I haven't been able to follow his progress (or lack thereof) much.

Just looking at the numbers, he doesn't seem to have taken the leap I was expecting. Whether that's due to his confidence, I couldn't say because I haven't watched him... but I can say without a doubt that it was weighing on him big time last year.

outbreak
04-02-2015, 04:33 PM
and these tanking teams are acting like bunch monkeys on court to fight for the lottery pick for potential players like him..:facepalm
You missed the part where Bennet was a reach and EVERYBODY had him going lower and EVERYBODY was shocked they took him number 1.

swagga
04-02-2015, 04:40 PM
He was pretty much a full-blown basket case last year after he missed his first 17 shots as a pro or whatever the number was. You could see it written all over his body language on the floor. I really don't think he ever really recovered all last season from that loss of confidence and being a national joke.

The guy was missing layups and dunks... played hot potato with the ball much of the time, like he couldn't wait to get it out of his hands.

http://i.imgur.com/Gfwq2W7.gif

Then, MB made the (correct) decision to sit him out so that he could get healthy, into decent shape and get his mind right. I thought there was a chance he would be a new guy this season with expectations lowered so much, but without him in Cleveland I haven't been able to follow his progress (or lack thereof) much.

Just looking at the numbers, he doesn't seem to have taken the leap I was expecting. Whether that's due to his confidence, I couldn't say because I haven't watched him... but I can say without a doubt that it was weighing on him big time last year.

too small and lacking a post game to play power forward.
too out of shape and too slow to be a small forward.

he is the definition of a bad tweener, he can be played only against certain matchups, that's why he'll never amount to anything. He was a horrible pick. The draft had some talent too: oladipo, noel, adams, mcw, giannis, dieng, gobert, plumlee ... not great but not horrible.

RedBlackAttack
04-02-2015, 04:40 PM
You missed the part where Bennet was a reach and EVERYBODY had him going lower and EVERYBODY was shocked they took him number 1.
Anyone using this to question the benefit of tanking for the No. 1 pick is just arguing for arguments sake. The last eight top picks were Anthony Bennett...

Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, John Wall, Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose.

That's a success rate of about 88%. That number drops significantly with the 2nd pick.

RedBlackAttack
04-02-2015, 04:43 PM
too small and lacking a post game to play power forward.
too out of shape and too slow to be a small forward.

he is the definition of a bad tweener, he can be played only against certain matchups, that's why he'll never amount to anything. He was a horrible pick. The draft had some talent too: oladipo, noel, adams, mcw, giannis, dieng, gobert, plumlee ... not great but not horrible.
That draft was god awful. Let's not mince words. It's looking like it was a horrendous pick that probably cost that particular GM his job, but that doesn't mean that draft had serious star power. The guys who were considered (by pretty much everyone) to be the consensus players in the conversation for the top pick were Noel, Oladipo, McLemore, Len and Porter.

...and Noel was hurt.

That is an AWFUL group when you compare it to previous years' drafts. Just terrible.

DMAVS41
04-02-2015, 04:59 PM
That draft was god awful. Let's not mince words. It's looking like it was a horrendous pick that probably cost that particular GM his job, but that doesn't mean that draft had serious star power. The guys who were considered (by pretty much everyone) to be the consensus players in the conversation for the top pick were Noel, Oladipo, McLemore, Len and Porter.

...and Noel was hurt.

That is an AWFUL group when you compare it to previous years' drafts. Just terrible.

Yea, but the Cavs were straight up stupid not to draft Noel. Let's not mince words. Why draft Bennett in an awful draft? If there is no clear cut guy...at least take the player with the highest upside.

Or at least take Oladipo...who everyone knew would be more of a sure bet than
Bennett.

The only reason Noel wasn't the consensus 1 was because he was hurt like you said. But what was the rush for the Cavs last year? I don't get it...

HomieWeMajor
04-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Fat man's Antoine Walker when it's all said and done.

Mawly-G
04-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Man...just thinking about how different this Cavs team would've been if they drafted Noel instead of Bennett.

A young core group of Kyrie, Wiggins, and Noel could've been entertaining. Obviously LeBron steps into the picture eventually but this team would probably be radically different with Noel in the middle.

RedBlackAttack
04-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Yea, but the Cavs were straight up stupid not to draft Noel. Let's not mince words. Why draft Bennett in an awful draft? If there is no clear cut guy...at least take the player with the highest upside.

Or at least take Oladipo...who everyone knew would be more of a sure bet than
Bennett.

The only reason Noel wasn't the consensus 1 was because he was hurt like you said. But what was the rush for the Cavs last year? I don't get it...
I said it was a terrible pick and I was all over this board touting Noel prior to the draft. Still, let's not pretend it was a decent draft... it wasn't. It was horrendous.

Man...just thinking about how different this Cavs team would've been if they drafted Noel instead of Bennett.

A young core group of Kyrie, Wiggins, and Noel could've been entertaining. Obviously LeBron steps into the picture eventually but this team would probably be radically different with Noel in the middle.

Noel would be wearing a Timberwolves jersey right now, so... I guess it was Minnesota that really lost out.

RightTwoCensor
04-02-2015, 06:19 PM
He barley shoots threes. He needs to though.

chips93
04-02-2015, 06:21 PM

and a reach in a shitty draft no less

scm5
04-02-2015, 06:29 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2013.html

To be fair, Cleveland needed a SF, Nerlens just tore his ACL, they had a better PG than any other PG in the draft, and who the **** knew Gobert would become the beast he is today?

Bennett was as good a pick as

RightTwoCensor
04-02-2015, 06:36 PM
One thing I'll say about Bennett is that he's better than Otto Porter.

Much rather have AB on my team.

Kobe_6/8
06-24-2015, 02:18 PM

Plenty of people play hard and have an outgoing personality. It doesn't mean they're mentally strong.

FireDavidKahn
06-24-2015, 02:31 PM
Bennet is a skidmark on the entire league. He is a lazy POS player.

NewYorkNoPicks
06-24-2015, 02:51 PM
Could turn into Canadian ZBo.

Could turn into Canadian Michael Sweetney.

Could turn into Canadian Bacon