PDA

View Full Version : clarkson going off

inclinerator
04-03-2015, 11:32 PM
18 points at the half

gts
04-03-2015, 11:43 PM
:lol too bad nobody else is.. Lin 0 for 7 in the half 0 assists

Wesley Johnson is doing ok but other than that... 0 points from the bench combined :wtf:

RRR3
04-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Damn it I had stopped watching and of course the rookie I'm loving watching goes nuts. Guess I have to get out of bed.

Eric Cartman
04-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Glad Lin back to full scrub form after he f*cked us out of a better pick.

F*ck him.

RRR3
04-04-2015, 12:06 AM
He and Black have good chemistry

gts
04-04-2015, 12:10 AM
He and Black have good chemistryClarkson seems to "get it" he actually works well with everyone and they all play off him a little differently

he's really solid at taking what the defense gives him and exploiting it

he's still got a ways to go but he's on the right road

RRR3
04-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Clarkson seems to "get it" he actually works well with everyone and they all play off him a little differently

he's really solid at taking what the defense gives him and exploiting it

he's still got a ways to go but he's on the right road
Dude is wet

gts
04-04-2015, 12:23 AM
1 TO through 3 quarters so far... 8 turnovers total in the last 6 games :applause:

Dude is wet

yeah he is... silver lining on a tough season

gts
04-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Buycks making his Lakers (NBA?) debut

RoseCity07
04-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Thread title should be changed to CJ McCollum is going off. He basically put the Lakers to bed by himself this 4th quarter.

qrich
04-04-2015, 12:32 AM
Dude's solid, just wonder if he can keep this up on a winning team.

gts
04-04-2015, 12:32 AM
Buycks in his first nba game makes his first shot ever taken... he currently is the all time nba leader in FG% :lol

Jameerthefear
04-04-2015, 12:33 AM
Blowout game. Empty stats.

J Shuttlesworth
04-04-2015, 12:41 AM
He got his stats and he got the L as always

Smoke117
04-04-2015, 12:45 AM

These laker fans/kobe stans looking for their next crush are pathetic. Anyone could put up stats on a team TRYING to lose. He's the best substitute teacher on a team of them.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/143/458/458143.gif

SpecialQue
04-04-2015, 12:48 AM

And thank god he did.

Ca$H
04-04-2015, 12:52 AM
He will finish higher than Bran on the GOAT list.

gts
04-04-2015, 12:52 AM
Damn some folks in this thread got some sand in their virginny's :lol

and jam the other two clowns are just that clowns but you know better, your team sucks this season too and you're finding the good in the bad... this ain't no different with Clarkson

Demon Lizard
04-04-2015, 12:53 AM
No love for Blazers' McCollum? Also 27 points, off 10-16 fg, 6 reb, 3 asts, 2 stls.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-04-2015, 12:55 AM
And thank god he did.
its too late for yall. Lost crucial tank battles to Minny and Philly
yall aint gettin towns or okafor

Ca$H
04-04-2015, 01:02 AM

:biggums:

They could still win the lottery. The Cavs won it last year with a much better record.

Eric Cartman
04-04-2015, 01:04 AM

There exist the chance we get those guys.

Still, we will probably get Mudiay or Russell.

What's wrong with that? :confusedshrug:

qrich
04-04-2015, 01:07 AM
Damn some folks in this thread got some sand in their virginny's :lol

and jam the other two clowns are just that clowns but you know better, your team sucks this season too and you're finding the good in the bad... this ain't no different with Clarkson

How do you see Clarkson meshing in with a winning team though? Can he translate it with more pressure on him to succeed/more focus?

gts
04-04-2015, 01:34 AM
How do you see Clarkson meshing in with a winning team though? Can he translate it with more pressure on him to succeed/more focus?

We'll see, he's just a rookie... Right now he looks promising and seems to have no problem making plays when the pressure is on... There haven't been tons of high pressure moments for the Lakes this season but enough to see Clarkson has no problem producing when he needs to...
and lord knows the price is right...lol

one thing we do know is as J Lin spends his time whining about Scott's system, brushing aside the coaches critics and complaining about how it isn't made for point guards to succeed in Clarkson has figured it out, taken Lin's job an ran with it

btw

Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Clarkson has been named Kia NBA Western Conference Rookie of the Month for games played in March, it was announced today, becoming the first ever Laker to be honored with the award (first presented in 1981-82).

In the March 30 contest, Clarkson joined Stephen Curry, John Wall, and Russell Westbrook as the only players in the NBA this season to record a game of at least 26 points, 11 assists, six rebounds, and three steals. On the road in Oklahoma City March 24, Clarkson set career-highs with 30 points and three blocks, becoming the first Laker rookie since Eddie Jones (2/4/95) to score 30 points in a game.

Since being named a starter 31 games ago, the 22-year-old is averaging a team-leading 15.0 points per game to go with 4.7 assists, 4.2 rebounds, and 0.87 steals.

Eric Cartman
04-04-2015, 01:38 AM
:biggums:

They could still win the lottery. The Cavs won it last year with a much better record.

2 very different scenarios.

On the one hand, the Cavs had a 1.4% chance of winning the lottery, second lowest in history of a team that won it.

The current Lakers, have about a 22% of getting a top 2 pick (Towns or Okafor), not great, but certainly not comparable to last years Cavs.

HOoopCityJones
04-04-2015, 02:46 AM
27 pts 7 rebs 5 asts

https://youtu.be/kY1jSe6XhYg

The Kid is nice. :applause:

SaltyMeatballs
04-04-2015, 02:48 AM
Easily the steal of the draft

dajadeed
04-04-2015, 03:13 AM
These laker fans/kobe stans looking for their next crush are pathetic. Anyone could put up stats on a team TRYING to lose. He's the best substitute teacher on a team of them.

Exactly. Look at all the other rookies. None of them play on bad teams. I can't wait until the non-empty stats Wiggings, Noel, Peyton, Gordon, and Exum propel their teams into the finals.

Look at his turnover numbers. That's a telling sign. A rookie with a decent usage rate on a bad team is NOT TURNING THE BALL OVER.

Whatever. Most people don't really know what the **** they're talking about on these forums.

SaltyMeatballs
04-04-2015, 03:15 AM
Reminds me somewhat of Monta

ImKobe
04-04-2015, 03:19 AM
Clarkson is LEGIT. He's been doing this for a while now, he's showed up time and time again against top tier PGs. Just because the rest of the team sucks doesn't mean that he couldn't be a solid player on a Playoff team. He can obviously score at will AND he's being mentored by none other than Steve Nash, who he's learning a lot from, and who people aren't really giving much credit to. He learned that scoop shot off Nash as well.

Dude's going to be a 15+ ppg scorer in this league. He's way too athletic and polished not to. And if his playmaking abilities keep improving like they have, you're looking at a future all-star.

HOoopCityJones
04-04-2015, 03:25 AM
I never thought he'd steal a Rookie of the month from Wiggins. Randle better win ROY next year, Clarkson out here putting him to shame. Hope he comes back strong.

Ca$H
04-04-2015, 09:09 AM
I never thought he'd steal a Rookie of the month from Wiggins. Randle better win ROY next year, Clarkson out here putting him to shame. Hope he comes back strong.

Randle played in one regular season game so he won't be considered a rookie next season.

HOoopCityJones
04-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Randle played in one regular season game so he won't be considered a rookie next season.

No he didn't. He got hurt midway through the very first game on opening night. All he played was summer league and pre season. He's definitely eligible.

Blake and Noel pretty much got the same treatment.

Mr.Kite
04-04-2015, 11:26 AM
No he didn't. He got hurt midway through the very first game on opening night. All he played was summer league and pre season. He's definitely eligible.

Randle played in the opener. Blake got injured in preseason

RRR3
04-04-2015, 11:26 AM

I agree with you that Randle SHOULD be eligible, but IIRC if you play at all in a season, you cannot qualify as a rookie the next season. So even though Randle played ~10 minutes this year, he won't qualify. Which is dumb. In the mlb, you can still qualify after your first season if you don't meet the minimum requirement of plate appearances (not sure what it is for pitchers). I could be wrong this is just from memory.

HOoopCityJones
04-04-2015, 11:29 AM
That's phucked up. Boozer got the starter minutes that game. All Randle did was fucc Dwight in the paint twice, then he got hurt. Oh well.

ImKobe
04-04-2015, 11:30 AM

This.

Ridiculous there isn't a minimum games limit for this. Getting injured 1st game of the season is basically the same as missing the entire season :hammerhead:

But Randle will come back and play with a chip on his shoulder, he's going to feast.

The future is bright.

RRR3
04-04-2015, 11:32 AM
That's phucked up. Boozer got the starter minutes that game. All Randle did was fucc Dwight in the paint twice, then he got hurt. Oh well.
Yeah it's pretty stupid. It should definitely be reviewed. Not sure who could change it, though, does it fall under Silver's jurisdiction?

HOoopCityJones
04-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Yeah it's pretty stupid. It should definitely be reviewed. Not sure who could change it, though, does it fall under Silver's jurisdiction?

I would think so. The kid has barely played legit NBA ball.

Summer league definitely shouldn't count. I guess playing the entire pre season might be the deal breaker.

wakencdukest
04-04-2015, 11:55 AM

Maybe not, but Russell or Winslow would be nice in the backcourt with Clarkson.

gts
04-04-2015, 12:37 PM
I would think so. The kid has barely played legit NBA ball.

Summer league definitely shouldn't count. I guess playing the entire pre season might be the deal breaker.

i believe the Lakers can and will petition the league for a special dispensation

I popped off a couple e-mails today looking for information

LakersForlife
04-04-2015, 12:57 PM
our future ***** lakers back in the playoffs next year

TheMarkMadsen
04-04-2015, 01:10 PM

Yeah how dare a team's fanbase get excited over a young talented player.

Fvck these assholes