PDA

View Full Version : Can you make a case for Justice Winslow as the number 1 pick?

IGOTGAME
04-05-2015, 08:36 AM
As much as we are in love with Okafor and Towns, Winslow seems to have the sick athletic package, good size, great motor, good defensive instincts and a solid foundation on a jumper.

I could see him moving up to one or two if he impresses in the workouts. Looks like this class is getting interesting. I'm starting to think Towns will end up number 1(I think he may end up being a knock down shooter) but this kid could be special. I think the increased spacing in the half court will really help him and I expect some sick baseline dunks from him.

DMAVS41
04-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Sure.

I'd take him number 1.

I think he's a lock to be a very good player as worst case scenario with the upside to be a guy like a hybrid between Leonard/Wade/Harden.

He could easily be a 20/5/5 good to great defense playing wing in the NBA for a decade.

Will that happen? Who knows, but he's got the size, strength, skill, and athleticism to make it work in the NBA. He also seems like he's tough as shit.

Eric Cartman
04-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Okafor and Towns are the undisputed top 2, regardless who drafts.

Still, he'll look fantastic in a Lakers jersey.

GOBB
04-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Zero case can be made for Winslow at #1.

Im Still Ballin
04-05-2015, 08:52 AM
Willie Cauley-Stein will have a better NBA career than Justice Is-slow

IGOTGAME
04-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Sure.

I'd take him number 1.

I think he's a lock to be a very good player as worst case scenario with the upside to be a guy like a hybrid between Leonard/Wade/Harden.

He could easily be a 20/5/5 good to great defense playing wing in the NBA for a decade.

Will that happen? Who knows, but he's got the size, strength, skill, and athleticism to make it work in the NBA. He also seems like he's tough as shit.

yea, I agree with easily. And his upside is an even better scorer who has the ability to get big time buckets due to his elite athleticism and slashing ability.

Winslow is the type of guy where it may be hard to project him over a talented big, but when he gets to the pros he shows out. But he could also just end up another guy. Okafor and Towns will at least be very good(Okafor an all star at min).

DMAVS41
04-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Zero case can be made for Winslow at #1.

????

The NBA has changed....wings are dominating. Winslow has the potential to be an elite two way wing in the NBA for a long long time.

Should he go 1? I'm not sure, but a team already with bigs set...why would they take Okafor or Towns?

Cocaine80s
04-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Yea if the knicks get the #1 pick and are dumb enough to draft him

Sportal
04-05-2015, 09:01 AM
????

The NBA has changed....wings are dominating. Winslow has the potential to be an elite two way wing in the NBA for a long long time.

Should he go 1? I'm not sure, but a team already with bigs set...why would they take Okafor or Towns?

Yeah but... These two could be the start of taking the power away from the wing players and bringing it back to the big men.

I don't think teams pass these guys up, those two could be franchise players, Winslow is more the "next tier down", imo.

GOBB
04-05-2015, 09:04 AM
????

Bigs hold more value than wings. Okafor was the top pick majority of the season, towns came along to compete with his play since Feb. Russell came from out of nowhere start of season and gradually positioned himself in the top 4. If you're in love with Winslow you don't take him 1 regardless you draft BPA and then trade back to get your guy and then some.

March madness is here and Winslow jumps to #1? How?

What teams in the lottery would take him 1? Let's use ur example and say they are set at bigs. So Winslow over russell and mudiay?

Seems like a knee jerk reaction to me

DMAVS41
04-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Yeah but... These two could be the start of taking the power away from the wing players and bringing it back to the big men.

I don't think teams pass these guys up, those two could be franchise players, Winslow is more the "next tier down", imo.

You remember a guy named Greg Oden? A guy better than both of these two guys?

Look...I'm not gonna argue and say there is a clear cut answer.

But absolutely a case can be made that with the clear changing of the NBA and the history of big men having injury problems...a guy like Winslow should go 1.

Would I? Sure...unless my team needed other things.

DMAVS41
04-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Bigs hold more value than wings. Okafor was the top pick majority of the season, towns came along to compete with his play since Feb. Russell came from out of nowhere start of season and gradually positioned himself in the top 4. If you're in love with Winslow you don't take him 1 regardless you draft BPA and then trade back to get your guy and then some.

March madness is here and Winslow jumps to #1? How?

What teams in the lottery would take him 1? Let's use ur example and say they are set at bigs. So Winslow over russell and mudiay?

Seems like a knee jerk reaction to me

I can't speak for everyone else, but I've had Winslow at the top since early on in the season.

As for your hypothetical...lets say the Pelicans get the number 1 pick someway. Yes, I'd take Winslow over everyone. I do love Mudiay though...not as high on Russell as you seem to be.

Jameerthefear
04-05-2015, 09:09 AM
I want him in Orlando.

Akrazotile
04-05-2015, 09:11 AM
As much as we are in love with Okafor and Towns, Winslow seems to have the sick athletic package, good size, great motor, good defensive instincts and a solid foundation on a jumper.

I could see him moving up to one or two if he impresses in the workouts. Looks like this class is getting interesting. I'm starting to think Towns will end up number 1(I think he may end up being a knock down shooter) but this kid could be special. I think the increased spacing in the half court will really help him and I expect some sick baseline dunks from him.

Ohh....?

BlakFrankWhite
04-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Willie Cauley-Stein will have a better NBA career than Justice Is-slow

Best case scenario for WCS:Ben Wallace

Superb defender and a perennial DPOY pick....garbage on offense

FreezingTsmoove
04-05-2015, 09:29 AM
He is moving up after workouts

Draft is

1. Jahlil
2. Mudiay
3. Winslow
4. Towns

Im Still Ballin
04-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Best case scenario for WCS:Ben Wallace

Superb defender and a perennial DPOY pick....garbage on offense
Sounds like a winner to me

He is Joakim Noah on steroids

IGOTGAME
04-05-2015, 09:34 AM
this is what intrigues me about Towns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyW9S0gDesc

he may develop into a great shooter. his form is pure and he is already a really good free throw shooter.

What sets KAT apart is his range. You won't see it much at Kentucky, but Towns can shoot the ball well from NBA 3-point range and even longer. He has a quick release and can get on a roll from the perimeter and just make them all. He's asked not to do that here - we have no need for a stretch 4 at Kentucky - but he will be doing it a lot in the NBA, where shooting big men are at a premium.

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2015/1/18/7629203/talkin-prospects-karl-towns

LoneyROY7
04-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Kid looks like Harden in the making. He probably won't go one, but he'll be the guy looking back that is at least one of the top 3 best players out of this draft.

GOBB
04-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I can't speak for everyone else, but I've had Winslow at the top since early on in the season.

As for your hypothetical...lets say the Pelicans get the number 1 pick someway. Yes, I'd take Winslow over everyone. I do love Mudiay though...not as high on Russell as you seem to be.

I'm mixed on Russell. Kid can shoot, craft with ball and a good playmaker. Not sure if he is a PG. But I said the same about Curry and well he proved me wrong.

I liked Winslow this season as well moreso than Stanley Johnson who was rated over him most of the season. His ability to create his own offense is what I liked more than Stanley who just didn't impress me in this area. Mudiay is hard to judge for me outside the fact he is a more explosive athlete than Russell.

For me I think best two players are the bigs and regardless who my team has I would always go BPA over need. Figure it out after the fact.

chips93
04-05-2015, 11:43 AM
i dont thik winslow is skilled enough, or will be able to create his own offense well enough in the nba, to justify taking him in the top 3.

he has looked much better in the ncaa tournament, but i just dont buy it. hes athletic, and plays hard, but it looks like he can only score in isolation when he can just ovepower his defender, and he wont have that advantage in the nba.

this is what intrigues me about Towns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyW9S0gDesc

he may develop into a great shooter. his form is pure and he is already a really good free throw shooter.

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2015/1/18/7629203/talkin-prospects-karl-towns

every year cal gets a great recruiting class, and the star bigman is forced to play inside, and when they get to the nba, they look as skilled as they were billed to be coming out of high school.

cousins, davis, randle (based only on summer league), terrence jones, nerlens to an extent, all came to kentucky with reputations as skilled bigs, but focused on dominating inside, then when they got to the nba, given more spacing, looked more like the skilled bigs recruiters projected them as.

id agree, its likely to be the case again with towns

QuebecBaller
04-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Nobody talks about the GOAT rookie name: Le'Bryan Nash? Why?

:oldlol:

IGOTGAME
06-25-2015, 08:55 PM
How did he fall that far?