PDA

View Full Version : True or False- A Healthy Durant Would've Been...

DonDadda59
04-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Hands down the best player in the league this season.

Discuss. :confusedshrug:

Paul George 24
04-05-2015, 02:20 PM

LEARN HOW TO PLAY DEFENCE FIRST

SugarHill
04-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Since some people claim Curry or Paul or Harden or Westbrook are viable spots for best player then yeah, healthy Durant would easily be the best player.

DonDadda59
04-05-2015, 02:24 PM
LEARN HOW TO PLAY DEFENCE FIRST

His defense actually improved noticeably last year IMO. Not all NBA caliber or anything, but solid, finally used his size to get some blocks.

Since some people claim Curry or Paul or Harden or Westbrook are viable spots for best player then yeah, healthy Durant would easily be the best player.

Exactly why I made the thread. Last year there was healthy debate over whether it was KD or Bron. This year Bron has taken a step back and has been overshadowed by those guys. Westbrook wouldn't even be the best player on his own team, let alone the whole league. I feel like KD would get to 32 PPG pretty comfortably like he did last year. Not like he needs 30 shots to get 30 points ala Russ.

sd3035
04-05-2015, 02:32 PM
More than likely, although Curry has been amazing

Knoe Itawl
04-05-2015, 02:36 PM
His defense actually improved noticeably last year IMO. Not all NBA caliber or anything, but solid, finally used his size to get some blocks.

Exactly why I made the thread. Last year there was healthy debate over whether it was KD or Bron. This year Bron has taken a step back and has been overshadowed by those guys. Westbrook wouldn't even be the best player on his own team, let alone the whole league. I feel like KD would get to 32 PPG pretty comfortably like he did last year. Not like he needs 30 shots to get 30 points ala Russ.

Uh, no. His team got off to a shaky start (which was to be expected due to how new everyone playing together was) and thus he's really been out of the MVP debates, regardless of how well Cleveland (and he) has played since his return from that hiatus.

Most pundits (and knowledgeable fans) still have him as the best player in the NBA overall. I fail to see what Harden or Curry or Westbrook have done to supplant him.

As far as Durant is concerned, if he were fully healthy it would still be the same kind of debate. A lot of it would boil down to how each fared in the playoffs, as per ususal.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-05-2015, 02:37 PM
LeBron definitely hasn't been the most valuable player this season but he's still the best, especially since returning from injury. Had Durant been healthy though he would've been better than LeBron imo.

DonDadda59
04-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Uh, no. His team got off to a shaky start (which was to be expected due to how new everyone playing together was) and thus he's really been out of the MVP debates, regardless of how well Cleveland (and he) has played since his return from that hiatus.

Most pundits (and knowledgeable fans) still have him as the best player in the NBA overall. I fail to see what Harden or Curry or Westbrook have done to supplant him.

As far as Durant is concerned, if he were fully healthy it would still be the same kind of debate. A lot of it would boil down to how each fared in the playoffs, as per ususal.

Can we agree at least that Bron's play has not been as impressive as it has been in the past, even as recently as last season? And whether or not they are actually better players, you can't deny that Curry and Harden, even Westbrook have overshadowed him this season.

Akrazotile
04-05-2015, 03:22 PM
I doubt it for a couple reasons. First of all with Durant winning MVP last year, Westbrook was bound to respond by trying to prove himself worthy of MVP rather than sit idly by and let Durant possibly win another one. It worked out for Westbrook that Durant hardly played but if he had, there could have been some awkward tension there with Westbrook trying to prove his own MVP case that might not have allowed Durant to really do his thing on a nightly basis. And we know Durant is a servant and is afraid of Westbrook so he probably would have been very passive in such a situation.

I also think if Durant was in the running to win a second MVP in a row, it might have motivated Bran to go harder after the award this year than he did. Hes got four, so if Durant gets one, and Curry gets one, yeah thats cute and all but its no threat to Bran's status as the game's dominant player. Durant winning the last two consecutively might have been somethin Bran wasnt even tryin to see.

Obviously these are speculative but just all in all I think its tough to say with surety that Durant would have won MVP, given that hes an established beta and he is the Servant. The end.

Akrazotile
04-05-2015, 03:26 PM
LeBron definitely hasn't been the most valuable player this season but he's still the best, especially since returning from injury. Had Durant been healthy though he would've been better than LeBron imo.

Actually he has, the fact that he has somewhat descended from his own ridiculous standards that we are all somewhat desensitized to, while Curry and Harden are making big splashes, its like one of those optical illusion where the circumstance makes it seem like one line is shorter than the other even if theyre the same etc.

Lebron was easily more valuable than any player in the league this year. But he doesnt have a good "story" for MVP and therefore wont win it.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Actually he has, the fact that he has somewhat descended from his own ridiculous standards that we are all somewhat desensitized to, while Curry and Harden are making big splashes, its like one of those optical illusion where the circumstance makes it seem like one line is shorter than the other even if theyre the same etc.

Lebron was easily more valuable than any player in the league this year. But he doesnt have a good "story" for MVP and therefore wont win it.

I disagree. His value since returning from injury has been incredible but before that it was questionable. If we're talking most valuable since the all-star break, or whenever it was when he returned, he has a shot, but it's the whole season.

Joyner82reload
04-05-2015, 03:37 PM

Uh...no he's not. Curry has better stats, a much better team record, has played virtually every game, and is playing in a better conference

Doranku
04-05-2015, 03:42 PM
This LeBron MVP nonsense needs to stop lol he hasn't even been the MVP of his own team this year.

Rose'sACL
04-05-2015, 03:46 PM

Curry has better stats, a much better team record, has played virtually every game, and is playing in a better conference

This LeBron MVP nonsense needs to stop lol he hasn't even been the MVP of his own team this year.
you are all idiots. i have made the reasons bold so that your small brains don't have to work too hard.

Heavincent
04-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Curry has been the best player in the game. The consistency cannot be denied.

Joyner82reload
04-05-2015, 03:53 PM
I disagree. His value since returning from injury has been incredible but before that it was questionable. If we're talking most valuable since the all-star break, or whenever it was when he returned, he has a shot, but it's the whole season.

It hasn't really changed, they just added Mozgov+JR and improved their chemistry.

He's been virtually the same player pre and post injury

pre 25.2 ppg 5.3 rpg 7.6 apg 3.8 TOV 58.4 TS% 26.1 PER
post 26.0 ppg 5.7 rpg 7.0 apg 4.2 TOV 57.7 TS% 25.9 PER

SugarHill
04-05-2015, 03:58 PM
That's ridiculous.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-05-2015, 03:58 PM
OFC but w/ the way CP has been playin he isnt that far behind

KD
CP3

Steph

would be the top 3 w/ a gap b/w the 2 and every1 else

greatest-ever
04-06-2015, 11:24 AM
True if he would've been at least the level that he was last season. But now with his ankle problems i don't see it as a sure thing that he'll ever be the best player.

scm5
04-06-2015, 11:27 AM
He would be up there with Curry.

Westbrook's big season would probably lower Durant's chances, but I think Durant is overall the better player.

It's strange though because it seems to me that Durant is easier for teams to defend than Curry is. Durant will have absolutely insane nights where it seems he can't miss, but he'll also have nights where it would be hard for him to buy a bucket. Curry seems to be Mr. Consistent.

red1
04-06-2015, 11:36 AM
just like pau was the mvp of the lakers?

Joyner82reload
04-06-2015, 11:42 AM
He would be up there with Curry.

Westbrook's big season would probably lower Durant's chances, but I think Durant is overall the better player.

It's strange though because it seems to me that Durant is easier for teams to defend than Curry is. Durant will have absolutely insane nights where it seems he can't miss, but he'll also have nights where it would be hard for him to buy a bucket. Curry seems to be Mr. Consistent.

:biggums:

Literally the exact opposite. Durant scores 30-35 almost every night

game3524
04-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Easily the best player in the league this year.

Megabox!
04-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Never post again

keep-itreal
04-06-2015, 12:46 PM
He'd be the 2nd best player in the league

chazzy
04-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Definitely. Even in the few games he played while injured he still looked really good

Budadiiii
04-06-2015, 02:43 PM
He was the best player on a broken ****ing foot. Higher PER than LeBron on a broken foot.

If he was healthy, ALL YEAR? ... Are you kidding? Not only would he be the best, but it would be the biggest gap from best player to second best in the history of the NBA.

Who would be close? Curry? Davis? Harden? LOL. Durant is in a different stratosphere than these guys.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-06-2015, 03:00 PM
It hasn't really changed, they just added Mozgov+JR and improved their chemistry.

He's been virtually the same player pre and post injury

pre 25.2 ppg 5.3 rpg 7.6 apg 3.8 TOV 58.4 TS% 26.1 PER
post 26.0 ppg 5.7 rpg 7.0 apg 4.2 TOV 57.7 TS% 25.9 PER

His numbers remained largely the same. There's more to value than raw stats, Cleveland's record since then should be indicative of that. Their new players have helped but I've seen a different LeBron out there post-injury compared to pre.

tmacattack33
04-06-2015, 03:02 PM
False.

Durant had a hot regular season last year, and came back down to earth in the playoffs and in the playoffs was definitely not the best player in the world.

There is no reason to think that that have changed this year if he was healthy.

By the way, Lebron was also injured this year. I wonder what would have happened if he never had that injury.

Fudge
04-06-2015, 03:04 PM
He was the best player on a broken ****ing foot. Higher PER than LeBron on a broken foot.

If he was healthy, ALL YEAR? ... Are you kidding? Not only would he be the best, but it would be the biggest gap from best player to second best in the history of the NBA.

Who would be close? Curry? Davis? Harden? LOL. Durant is in a different stratosphere than these guys.
:applause:

Pretty much.

tamaraw08
04-06-2015, 07:38 PM

IMO, KD still has to really improve on his handles and upper body strength.
The guy was minimized by Artest AND Tony Allen before.

Solefade
04-06-2015, 07:44 PM
i think after seeing what tony allen did to KD last year in the first round, we reserve judgement till playoffs are over

till then best player title still belongs to LBJ

imdaman99
04-06-2015, 08:09 PM
i think after seeing what tony allen did to KD last year in the first round, we reserve judgement till playoffs are over

till then best player title still belongs to LBJ
What is this delusional bran stan talking about? What did Tony Allen do to him? Play him tough and eventually lose the series? Yeah, he made Durant work hard but Durant lit him up in game 7 and won the series. What's worse? struggling in the middle of a series but coming out on top and having a great game 7? Or getting blown out 3 straight times by a hundred points and bowing out quietly? At least OKC won 2 against the Spurs. Best player title was Lebron in 2012 and 2013. But that was 2 years ago. Let it go.

Fudge
04-06-2015, 08:14 PM
^

He's da man.

He's been the best for 2 straight seasons now. Him being injured atm doesn't change that.

raprap
04-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Probably. Sad that Durant still hasn't had a season as the clear cut best player. AD will takeover next season.

tamaraw08
04-07-2015, 12:08 AM
What is this delusional bran stan talking about? What did Tony Allen do to him? Play him tough and eventually lose the series? Yeah, he made Durant work hard but Durant lit him up in game 7 and won the series. What's worse? struggling in the middle of a series but coming out on top and having a great game 7? Or getting blown out 3 straight times by a hundred points and bowing out quietly? At least OKC won 2 against the Spurs. Best player title was Lebron in 2012 and 2013. But that was 2 years ago. Let it go.

WOW, pick one game where he did great rather than the entire body of work.
52% in game 1
42% in game 2,
37%, 24% and 42% for games 3,4 and 5 respectively,
48% for game 6 before game 7 when their arguably their best low post scorer was suspended.
so makes sense for you to magnify ONE game and marginalize the 4 games where he shot under 42%.
btw forget KD's average against Artest too.

chazzy
04-07-2015, 12:36 AM
False.

Durant had a hot regular season last year, and came back down to earth in the playoffs and in the playoffs was definitely not the best player in the world.

There is no reason to think that that have changed this year if he was healthy.

lol what? No reason? And that's the first time I've heard someone refer to an entire f'n regular season as being simply "hot" to downplay it

SilkkTheShocker
04-07-2015, 12:33 PM

Agreed. That's why Cleveland won all those games LeBron missed, right?

The Macho Man
04-07-2015, 12:49 PM

Eat a butt dummy

Russ Is clearly better than durant has ever been

ShawkFactory
04-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Eat a butt dummy

http://www.gifbooster.com/wp-content/uploads/4951/harry-potter-you-liar-meme_63_paused.jpg

DonDadda59
04-07-2015, 01:20 PM
Eat a butt dummy

Poor man's Chuckbe with a dash of Jason Kidd mixed in at best. Healthy Durant 32/7/5 on 51% FG and top 3 seed.

Dave3
04-07-2015, 01:37 PM
As a LeBron fan who thinks he's been the best player in the league since 2009, this question is a no brainer. He hasn't looked as good as last year at all, and last year was close between him and Durant. This year it probably wouldn't have been.

DaOldLion
04-07-2015, 01:41 PM
very true