PDA

View Full Version : Will Enes Kanter be offered the max?

kenny817
04-06-2015, 02:22 PM
He's restrcted...will any team offer the max? He's been destroying teams (offensively) since he got to OKC

Thorpesaurous
04-06-2015, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't think so. All the advanced numbers are still pretty iffy. He's still a problem defensively. And his offense has come during a time when his PG is able to penetrate at will, so there's a lot of moving pieces on defense.

But he's made himself a fair amount of money.

HurricaneKid
04-06-2015, 02:31 PM
He's restrcted...will any team offer the max? He's been destroying teams (offensively) since he got to OKC

Whoever signs Enes loses. Doesn't even matter at what cost.

He could be the worst defender in the NBA. And you simply cannot be bad defensively at that position.

They have given up 115+ points in 7 of the last 11 games.

Can you imagine... OKC refused to give Harden 4/60 and two later signs a 15M deal for #73 rated C in DRAPM (out of 73). Ranked 67/73 overall.

T_L_P
04-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Need to play defense in the modern NBA, especially at his position.

Any team who gives him more than $8 million per year would be overpaying him.

Teanett
04-06-2015, 02:36 PM

Kevin Love...

Xiao Yao You
04-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Whoever signs Enes loses. Doesn't even matter at what cost.

He could be the worst defender in the NBA. And you simply cannot be bad defensively at that position.

They have given up 115+ points in 7 of the last 11 games.

Can you imagine... OKC refused to give Harden 4/60 and two later signs a 15M deal for #73 rated C in DRAPM (out of 73). Ranked 67/73 overall.

But the cap goes up after next year so it will only be max money for a year. Might look pretty good after that.

T_L_P
04-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Kevin Love...

What about him? He's an average defensive player, and he was an above average one last year.

Kanter is arguably the worst defensive big in the entire league.

Dr Seuss
04-06-2015, 02:43 PM

8 million for a potentail 15/9 guy?

damn. you drive a hard bargain.

chocolatethunder
04-06-2015, 02:46 PM
What about him? He's an average defensive player, and he was an above average one last year.

Sorry, this is ISH. White guys can't be good.

RightToCensor
04-06-2015, 02:46 PM
His production does not equal wins on his own. I can't believe there's actually a discussion on Kantar being worth the max.

If you think Kantar is worth the max then you'd have no problem with your team giving him than money.

T_L_P
04-06-2015, 02:47 PM
8 million for a potentail 15/9 guy?

damn. you drive a hard bargain.

I mean, I might be in the minority here (though I do see Kanter get a lot of hate), but wouldn't you rather have Tiago Splitter at $9 million than Kanter at, what, $12+ million?

Dude's been posting up efficient numbers since joining OKC, but it's not gonna last. When he comes back to Earth his mix of terrible defense and only slightly impressive offense won't be worth that much, imo.

Teanett
04-06-2015, 02:53 PM

Love is not average, he is bad.

Xiao Yao You
04-06-2015, 03:06 PM
I mean, I might be in the minority here (though I do see Kanter get a lot of hate), but wouldn't you rather have Tiago Splitter at $9 million than Kanter at, what, $12+ million?

Dude's been posting up efficient numbers since joining OKC, but it's not gonna last. When he comes back to Earth his mix of terrible defense and only slightly impressive offense won't be worth that much, imo.

He's 22. He's not going to improve as he has continually since he came into the league?

sd3035
04-06-2015, 03:09 PM
He's absolute shit, he's a product of Westbrick

CeltsGarlic
04-06-2015, 03:11 PM
He should be offered half for showing up only on one side of the court.

QuebecBaller
04-06-2015, 03:11 PM
He's absolute shit, he's a product of Westbrick

That's why Westbrook will ask the GM to sign Kanter and trade Durant

sd3035
04-06-2015, 03:13 PM

don't forget being scared to dunk

Budadiiii
04-06-2015, 03:16 PM
This team has really suffered defensively without Durant.

Durant's the best scorer, the best closer, and one of the best defenders in the league.

No surprise OKC is losing games left and right without the guy.

I hope we re-sign Kanter to a mega deal. I like him a lot better than Harden.

NugzFan
04-06-2015, 04:01 PM

That question doesn't exist at negotiation time. It doesn't work that way.

Kanter will easily get 10 million per year. Probably more than 12

Genaro
04-06-2015, 04:16 PM
I think someone will give it to him and OKC will match.

I don't think he deserves it though. He doesn't play defense and although he has a lot of offensive game, he's been boosted by Westbrook.

Kanter should look to stay in OKC, he's in the perfect situation. Westbrook and Durant can create easy shots for him and Ibaka can cover some of his defensive deficiencies.

swagga
04-06-2015, 04:19 PM
for the OKC frontoffice it seems that kanter has more value than harden.

qrich
04-06-2015, 04:20 PM
He easily will, though he may not deserve it. He'd be great next to a defensive big with a coach that can run a defensive gameplan.

HurricaneKid
04-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Kind of amazed that people want to give him credit for his efficiant lines but not penalize him for clogging the offense (he is an offensive negative) and being the worst defensive big in the league.

Look how much better Utah is without him. Look how much worse OKC is with him.

Why would anyone want to pay this guy?

StephHamann
04-06-2015, 04:42 PM
That's why Westbrook will ask the GM to sign Kanter and trade Durant

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

T_L_P
04-06-2015, 05:01 PM
That question doesn't exist at negotiation time. It doesn't work that way.

Kanter will easily get 10 million per year. Probably more than 12

I know. And as I said, they'd be overpaying for him.

Cone
04-06-2015, 05:19 PM
IMO, Enes is the white Al Jeff.. so no.

I wouldn't mind him at 10-11 mill tho. Everyone is getting overpaid these days

StrongLurk
04-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Why are people saying Enes is "white". Dude doesn't look anything close to White. He is of Turkish descent.

Mawly-G
04-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Kanter is about to get PAID this summer. His stats are super inflated, but someone is going to offer him WAY more money than he deserves and OKC is going to be forced to match.

HurricaneKid
04-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Kanter is about to get PAID this summer. His stats are super inflated, but someone is going to offer him WAY more money than he deserves and OKC is going to be forced to match.

I just don't think its going to happen.

Its going to be interesting this offseason because I think the advanced stats are finally going to overtake the traditional stats. Guys like Khris Middleton are going to get paid and guys like Enes aren't.

Xoush
04-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Doesnt deserve it, but will get it.

Cone
04-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Why are people saying Enes is "white". Dude doesn't look anything close to White. He is of Turkish descent.

close enough :confusedshrug:

el gringos
04-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Yes. Rather have him than Monroe

I<3NBA
04-06-2015, 09:16 PM
:yaohappy:

BlazerRed
04-06-2015, 09:38 PM
I would not give ***** Cancer the max.

CakeorDeath
04-06-2015, 10:31 PM
If they do, OKC will have $62 million locked up in 4 guys. They'll already have $83 million committed to next year. They'd better like those 4 as their core because they're not going to be able to afford any FAs, they don't look to have a high lottery pick anytime soon, and it doesn't look like they'll be able to package much in a trade without dumping one of the big 4.

OKC should be very careful about negotiating with Kanter. He and his agent are going to demand the max because of his offensive numbers, but his defensive problems and his poor passing are legitimate knocks against him. And I don't think his numbers will continue; Ibaka will take minutes from him and Durant will take shots from him, both rightfully so.

OKC has to ask itself, is this a max money guy on a championship team? Can he be an anchor on either side of the floor (definitely not both, probably not even on O). Is he mature enough to handle max money responsibilities (recent stunt in Utah, in a loss no less, says no). Is he a locker room leader (hell no). Would he be a max guy on teams like the Spurs, Cavs, Warriors, Clippers, Grizzlies? Can't see it.

So to me, he doesn't deserve it, and it would be a big risk giving it to him. That said, he'll probably get it.

BlazerRed
04-06-2015, 10:39 PM
I just don't think Kanter is the guy OKC needs. They need a complimentary guy at that position, someone who plays good D, doesn't clog the paint and can finish if the ball is put in his hands under the basket. They don't need a guy who can score big, they have Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and guys like Morrow and Augustine who can drop threes.. They should be paying 8mil a year for a guy like this, not the max. They'll ruin any flexibility they have going forward.

AirTupac
04-06-2015, 11:37 PM
If they do, OKC will have $62 million locked up in 4 guys. They'll already have $83 million committed to next year. They'd better like those 4 as their core because they're not going to be able to afford any FAs, they don't look to have a high lottery pick anytime soon, and it doesn't look like they'll be able to package much in a trade without dumping one of the big 4.

OKC should be very careful about negotiating with Kanter. He and his agent are going to demand the max because of his offensive numbers, but his defensive problems and his poor passing are legitimate knocks against him. And I don't think his numbers will continue; Ibaka will take minutes from him and Durant will take shots from him, both rightfully so.

OKC has to ask itself, is this a max money guy on a championship team? Can he be an anchor on either side of the floor (definitely not both, probably not even on O). Is he mature enough to handle max money responsibilities (recent stunt in Utah, in a loss no less, says no). Is he a locker room leader (hell no). Would he be a max guy on teams like the Spurs, Cavs, Warriors, Clippers, Grizzlies? Can't see it.

So to me, he doesn't deserve it, and it would be a big risk giving it to him. That said, he'll probably get it.

This is actually one of the best posts I've seen on this forum. Future repped when I can

imdaman99
04-06-2015, 11:43 PM
He shouldn't. He is putting up these stats as a product of Westbrook ball. He is a pathetic matador of a defender. Wait till Golden State runs that pick and roll with Curry and whoever Kanter is guarding, to death. Warriors could drop 50 points a quarter with him on the court.

And that's if OKC can make the playoffs.

navy
04-06-2015, 11:49 PM
yes they should pay him. Kanter is easily the missing piece to an OKC championship run. Might be costly when you look at tax dollars, but OKC clearly needs to be in win right now mode.

It's not like they have alot of money to pay free agents anyways.

Jameerthefear
04-06-2015, 11:50 PM
well
he's basically vooch without the jump shot and slightly worse defense and worse rebounding. orlando has vooch after this year for 11m/yr
so idk.

Jameerthefear
04-06-2015, 11:52 PM
yes they should pay him. Kanter is easily the missing piece to an OKC championship run. Might be costly when you look at tax dollars, but OKC clearly needs to be in win right now mode.

It's not like they have alot of money to pay free agents anyways.
no he isn't imo
people just don't realize how u can't play a big who's bad defensively down the stretch. if ibaka gets in foul trouble or something okc will be in trouble

navy
04-06-2015, 11:55 PM
no he isn't imo
people just don't realize how u can't play a big who's bad defensively down the stretch. if ibaka gets in foul trouble or something okc will be in trouble
That's going to be the case with or without Kanter.

Considering that he's 22 and 7 foot and that Durant and Westbrook are looking to win now you gotta pull the trigger. OKC doesnt have money to attract free agents anyways so if you are going to be hamstrung, at least be hamstrung with a legit 20/10 player.

Jameerthefear
04-07-2015, 12:00 AM
That's going to be the case with or without Kanter.

Considering that he's 22 and 7 foot and that Durant and Westbrook are looking to win now you gotta pull the trigger. OKC doesnt have money to attract free agents anyways so if you are going to be hamstrung, at least be hamstrung with a legit 20/10 player.
no bcuz u still have adams.

i just don't know if kanter defensively can work.

navy
04-07-2015, 12:04 AM
no bcuz u still have adams.

i just don't know if kanter defensively can work.
There is nothing wrong with having multiple guys. Nothing stopping them from having Kanter and Adams on the same team.

Defensively it might not work, if it doesnt sit his ass in crunch time.

Jameerthefear
04-07-2015, 12:13 AM
There is nothing wrong with having multiple guys. Nothing stopping them from having Kanter and Adams on the same team.

Defensively it might not work, if it doesnt sit his ass in crunch time.
then ur paying a guy a max just to sit on the bench. he's just not worth it

Dasher
04-07-2015, 11:13 AM
I don't think he's a max player. He's a platoon big that can give a bench unit some scoring punch. In today's NBA I don't think he gets the max. Steven Adams is more valuable to a winning team than he is.

keep-itreal
04-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Might as well give everyone the max then

Eric Cartman
04-07-2015, 11:19 AM
Lakers will offer him 15 million per year for like 5 years.

Next great Lakers big.

SilkkTheShocker
04-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Since when does OKC's hick ownership pay for anyone? They will sign and trade him to Toronto for Amir Johnson and two second pics. IN PRESTI WE TRUST!!! :oldlol: :oldlol:

AkronAngel
04-07-2015, 11:29 AM
He should come to the Cavs.

SilkkTheShocker
04-07-2015, 11:30 AM
I think someone will give it to him and OKC will match.

I don't think he deserves it though. He doesn't play defense and although he has a lot of offensive game, he's been boosted by Westbrook.

Kanter should look to stay in OKC, he's in the perfect situation. Westbrook and Durant can create easy shots for him and Ibaka can cover some of his defensive deficiencies.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

NugzFan
04-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Whatever happens, this I know is true:

If okc signs him, fudge and the other okc homers will claim it's a steal and a fair contract.

If okc doesn't sign him/let's him walk, they will claim he's over paid and the other team was stupid.

Fudge
04-07-2015, 12:04 PM
If we end up re-signing him for cheap, this will be the biggest steal in FA signing history.

Eric Cartman
04-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Whatever happens, this I know is true:

If okc signs him, fudge and the other okc homers will claim it's a steal and a fair contract.

If okc doesn't sign him/let's him walk, they will claim he's over paid and the other team was stupid.

Reggie Jackson all over again.

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2015, 12:46 PM
If we end up re-signing him for cheap, this will be the biggest steal in FA signing history.

Cheap will be the qualifying offer so he can become unrestricted when the cap increases in 2016.