PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs have been in the league for 44yrs and

Hey Yo
04-06-2015, 05:58 PM
in those 44yrs they have eight 50 win seasons. LeBron has been on 5 of those 8 teams. 2014-15, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006. The other years were 1993, 92 and 89. The closest they've been to 50 were three 47 win seasons and one 49 win season.

:biggums: :wtf:

dubeta
04-06-2015, 05:59 PM
How great is our God :bowdown: :bowdown:

qrich
04-06-2015, 06:00 PM
The Clippers have been in the league for 45 years (including the Braves) and have only won over 50 3 times.

DeAndre Jordan da gawdddddddddddd

Jud
04-06-2015, 06:02 PM
LeBron is one of the few reason why I'm an athiest.

dubeta
04-06-2015, 06:04 PM
LeBron is one of the few reason why I'm an athiest.

Prayed to God for your fav team to beat him, only to get royally f*cked by the King, and hence lost faith in any deity?

sportjames23
04-06-2015, 06:08 PM

Not great enough to bring a ring to Cleveland.

dubeta
04-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Not great enough to bring a ring to Cleveland.

Great enough to not end up a 1-9 :bowdown:

sportjames23
04-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Great enough to not end up a 1-9 :bowdown:

But not to be 6/6.

He can settle for 2/5 doe (probably 2/6 after this season).

Genaro
04-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Cavs FO always seems to screw up on draft and FA so it doesn't surprise me. Lebron and Kyrie were maybe the two good moves they made but they were the unanimous number 1 by the time they were drafted.
Just look at draft picks they made like Waiters, Bennett and TT (good player but wrong choice IMO)

Hey Yo
04-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Cavs FO always seems to screw up on draft and FA so it doesn't surprise me. Lebron and Kyrie were maybe the two good moves they made but they were the unanimous number 1 by the time they were drafted.
Just look at draft picks they made like Waiters, Bennett and TT (good player but wrong choice IMO)
Cavs problem is that they're not a destination for very good to great UFA's. So after LeBron was drafted, they sort of got to good to quick. Their highest draft choice was at #10 until James was traded in 2010. When you combine low draft picks and no great UFA's, it makes it hard to achieve the ultimate goal.

2009 1 30 Christian Eyenga DR Congo
2009 2 46 Danny Green University of North Carolina
2008 1 19 J. J. Hickson North Carolina State University
2006 1 25 Shannon Brown Michigan State University
2006 2 42 Daniel Gibson University of Texas at Austin
2006 2 55 Ejike Ugboaja Nigeria
2004 1 10 Luke Jackson University of Oregon
2003 1 1 LeBron James St. Vincent – St. Mary High School

RedBlackAttack
04-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Erm, the series of events that landed them Kyrie Irving should be viewed as one of the best front office coups of the last decade. Remember, that wasn't the Cavs' pick that netted Irving... it was the Clippers' pick.

They essentially got Irving for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon. Any other front office would be lauded to this day over that move and demanding that the pick remain unprotected. But, because it's the Cavs, people are hesitant to even acknowledge what really happened.

The only big miss for the Cavs in the draft over the last four years was Anthony Bennett. To be fair, that was a horrendous draft and other guys that were consensus "in the running" for the No. 1 pick weren't much better (McLemore, Porter, Len), but they should have taken Noel... which I said at the time.

Waiters didn't work out, but at least you could see his talent and the guy who was considered "best available" at No. 4 that year was Thomas Robinson. At the end of the day, Waiters got us Timofey Mozgov, JR Smith and Iman Shumpert, so things worked out. That's a hell of a lot more than we would have gotten for TRob.

Thompson has turned into a really good player and Irving was the best player in his class.

The Cavs spent the last four years accumulating assets, clearing cap space and tanking. That has resulted in one of the best teams in the league this year. It's safe to say things worked out for the organization.

I don't really see OP's point. A 18.2% rate of winning 50+ games seems reasonably good for an organization that has been around for 44 years. We don't subtract all the seasons the Bulls were really good because they happened to luck into Michael Jordan. That franchise was an unmitigated disaster before he came along.

NEWSFLASH: Great players help to make great teams.

Combat Wombat
04-06-2015, 08:00 PM
in those 44yrs they have eight 50 win seasons. LeBron has been on 5 of those 8 teams. 2014-15, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006. The other years were 1993, 92 and 89. The closest they've been to 50 were three 47 win seasons and one 49 win season.

:biggums: :wtf:

That's nice. It still doesn't change the fact that you couldn't give two shits about the Cavs until Lebron "went home".

Basically, you're a team-hopping f#ckwit with no credibility.

tontoz
04-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Erm, the series of events that landed them Kyrie Irving should be viewed as one of the best front office coups of the last decade. Remember, that wasn't the Cavs' pick that netted Irving... it was the Clippers' pick.

They essentially got Irving for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon. Any other front office would be lauded to this day over that move and demanding that the pick remain unprotected. But, because it's the Cavs, people are hesitant to even acknowledge what really happened.

I remember that. The Clippers were so desperate to unload Baron's contract that they gave up an unprotected pick. I couldn't believe it at the time and laughed when that pick ended up being number 1. But having a lot of capspace can allow you to make some interesting trades, something i have argued time and again among Wizards fans.

On the subject of franchise futility the Wizards/Bullets haven't had a 50 win season since the 70s. :banghead:

Hey Yo
04-06-2015, 08:14 PM
That's nice. It still doesn't change the fact that you couldn't give two shits about the Cavs until Lebron "went home".

Basically, you're a team-hopping f#ckwit with no credibility.
Not true whatsoever. Nice speculation though on your part.

Hey Yo
04-06-2015, 08:28 PM

The only big miss for the Cavs in the draft over the last four years was Anthony Bennett. To be fair, that was a horrendous draft and other guys that were consensus "in the running" for the No. 1 pick weren't much better (McLemore, Porter, Len), but they should have taken Noel... which I said at the time.

Waiters didn't work out, but at least you could see his talent and the guy who was considered "best available" at No. 4 that year was Thomas Robinson. At the end of the day, Waiters got us Timofey Mozgov, JR Smith and Iman Shumpert, so things worked out. That's a hell of a lot more than we would have gotten for TRob.

Thompson has turned into a really good player and Irving was the best player in his class.

The Cavs spent the last four years accumulating assets, clearing cap space and tanking. That has resulted in one of the best teams in the league this year. It's safe to say things worked out for the organization.

I don't really see OP's point. A 18.2% rate of winning 50+ games seems reasonably good for an organization that has been around for 44 years. We don't subtract all the seasons the Bulls were really good because they happened to luck into Michael Jordan. That franchise was an unmitigated disaster before he came along.

NEWSFLASH: Great players help to make great teams.
But when one guy is mostly responsible for 4 of the 7 50 win seasons (with a shit coach, revolving starting 5 basically each of his first 7 seasons and for a small market team that has no history of signing a great UFA), it's a point to make.

Yes, great players help make great teams. But in LeBron's case in 4 of the 7, it's singular "great player"....not players.

RedBlackAttack
04-06-2015, 08:44 PM
But when one guy is mostly responsible for 4 of the 7 50 win seasons (with a shit coach, revolving starting 5 basically each of his first 7 seasons and for a small market team that has no history of signing a great UFA), it's a point to make.

Yes, great players help make great teams. But in LeBron's case in 4 of the 7, it's singular "great player"....not players.
All you have to do is look at the team with the best record in the league this year to see that it's not much of a point. You know how many times Golden State had won 50+ games prior to the Steph Curry/Klay Thompson duo the last two years? Three times the previous 67 seasons.

Combat Wombat
04-06-2015, 09:06 PM
Not true whatsoever. Nice speculation though on your part.

Really?

Just a few examples:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342030

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343177

For such a dedicated Cavs fan, you were quick to defend Miami and Lebron while he was still there.

Not to mention I recall seeing you in Heat game threads and never defending the Cavs from the other Lebron stans.

Funny that.

Hey Yo
04-06-2015, 09:20 PM
All you have to do is look at the team with the best record in the league this year to see that it's not much of a point. You know how many times Golden State had won 50+ games prior to the Steph Curry/Klay Thompson duo the last two years? Three times the previous 67 seasons.
But it doesn't stop at Steph and Klay.

the last 3 seasons, GS has had Steph, Klay, Dramond, Harrison and Lee.

The 3 other seasons the Cavs had 50 win teams w/o Lebron, there were 3-4 very serviceable starters.

James' didn't have the luxury of being part of a duo his first 7 seasons, let alone 3 to 4 young / veteran starters / players together for 3 straight seasons.

Hey Yo
04-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Really?

Just a few examples:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342030

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343177

For such a dedicated Cavs fan, you were quick to defend Miami and Lebron while he was still there.

Not to mention I recall seeing you in Heat game threads and never defending the Cavs from the other Lebron stans.

Funny that.
Never said I was dedicated to the Cavs. I root for LeBron when he's not playing my favorite team.

Combat Wombat
04-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Never said I was dedicated to the Cavs. I root for LeBron when he's not playing my favorite team.

:rolleyes:

Nice try, c0ck jockey.

No loyalty and no balls, just like the rest of the Lebron stans.

coin24
04-07-2015, 12:01 AM
The most shameless bandwagon fans of all time.. Just like there ship jumping idol LeBaldo:oldlol:

kamil
04-07-2015, 06:44 AM

Meh, I think it's got more to do with lebron* making collusion an acceptable practice.

dubeta
04-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Meh, I think it's got more to do with lebron* making collusion an acceptable practice.

Collusion = going to a 33 win team? :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
04-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Is this really a surprise? The Cavs are a 4th rate, garbage franchise. They are the Clippers without the warm weather. They should get on their knees and thank LeBron everyday for coming back

sd3035
04-07-2015, 09:13 AM
The Clippers have been in the league for 45 years (including the Braves) and have only won over 50 3 times.

DeAndre Jordan da gawdddddddddddd

Deandre > Bran

Real14
04-07-2015, 09:13 AM
end thread.