PDA

View Full Version : YIKES, Okafor stinks

Knicksfever2010
04-07-2015, 12:17 AM
When he cant bully players bigger than him he gets shut down pretty easily. If the Knicks have the # 1 pick, they better take Towns.

Cocaine80s
04-07-2015, 12:20 AM
That Duke team would rape the Knicks

Okafor would drop 30/10 on you bitch ******

kurple
04-07-2015, 12:22 AM
:facepalm

navy
Phil Jackson will turn OKafor into Shaq. Just you wait.

Wally450
This thread has "this is the first game I've watched all year" written all over it.

FreezingTsmoove
Hes going to be beast in a bigger NBA court, with 1 on 1 coverage, shooters everywheew, and especially in transition

imdaman99
04-07-2015, 12:25 AM
He does have well-defined offensive game at such a young age. Personally I'd rather have Towns but I wouldn't complain if Knicks get the #2 pick and Towns goes #1 leaving them to draft Okafor. Even though then I'd have to wonder if Russell or Winslow are gonna be superstars and the Knicks missed out :oldlol:

plowking
04-07-2015, 12:28 AM
This reminds me exactly of the Favors vs Cousins debate. Everyone who was sane at the time could tell that Cousins was the better player, would be better, and was far more dominant, yet you still had people arguing for Favors.

Towns is Favors in this case. Though most likely the team picking ahead makes the right decision this time.

noob cake
04-07-2015, 12:31 AM
Yes, Okafor sucks.

Please let him drop to the Lakers.

Do not want him rotting way in Minnesota, in Hinkie's experimental lab or in perpetual losing New York.

el_locoteee
04-07-2015, 12:47 AM
Hes going to be beast in a bigger NBA court, with 1 on 1 coverage, shooters everywheew, and especially in transition

Since the NBA change the rules, big men are no longer dominating.

Pointguard
04-07-2015, 12:49 AM
The college game sucks. You can't touch players. You can't get near them. Reffing has killed the game. Its reallllly bad now.

Bosnian Sajo
04-07-2015, 01:03 AM
Yes, Okafor sucks.

Do not want him rotting way in Minnesota, in Hinkie's experimental lab or in perpetual losing New York.

I'd rather have D'Angelo Russell, I have a feeling he is the best guard in this draft class.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-07-2015, 01:33 AM
i really like Tyus Jones game, future allstar

Soundwave
04-07-2015, 10:50 AM
He seems like he could be a decent player ... but man I think it was a poor year to tank.

You're not going to turn around a franchise on a player like Okafor.

He reminds me of Rasheed Wallace but with less athleticism.

ZenMaster
04-07-2015, 11:08 AM
He seems like he could be a decent player ... but man I think it was a poor year to tank.

If you're not going to make the playoffs there is really no such thing as "a poor year to tank". The biggest reward you can get in the NBA after making the playoffs is a top pick.

AkronAngel
04-07-2015, 11:21 AM
If you're not going to make the playoffs there is really no such thing as "a poor year to tank". The biggest reward you can get in the NBA after making the playoffs is a top pick.

Or you could begin the process of making a winning culture rather than scaring any quality players you have into bolting during free agency.

ZenMaster
04-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Or you could begin the process of making a winning culture rather than scaring any quality players you have into bolting during free agency.

Not worth it if you have a team that is closer to one of the worst 3 records in the league than one of the 3 spots out of the playoffs.

Good players on rookie contracts is too valuable with todays CBA.

Ass Dan
04-07-2015, 11:59 AM
he will be fine.

but athletic wise, he and Towns are both disappointing.

niko
04-07-2015, 08:06 PM
This reminds me exactly of the Favors vs Cousins debate. Everyone who was sane at the time could tell that Cousins was the better player, would be better, and was far more dominant, yet you still had people arguing for Favors.

Towns is Favors in this case. Though most likely the team picking ahead makes the right decision this time.
Towns is a better prospect than Okafor. He has better defensive instincts, his body looks like he can grow into it, and he can also shoot jumpers.

He's also probably a better kid than Okafor, he's easily a better student, and i'm not disparaging Okafor here, he just is.

Maybe you think Okafor is better but it's not clear cut and while I'd take either one without a hint of dissapointment I want Towns first easily. I think most teams would.

To me #3 is more interesting, and Winslow has moved into that spot for me. Kid is sick.

niko
04-07-2015, 08:08 PM

There's five really good prospects on top of the draft. How many would need to be there for it to be a good year to tank?

oarabbus
04-07-2015, 08:14 PM
Yes, Okafor sucks.

:applause:

Also Minnesota has a decent future.

RonSwanson
04-07-2015, 08:17 PM
he will be fine.

but athletic wise, he and Towns are both disappointing.

http://nextimpulsesports.com/2015/02/26/kentuckys-karl-anthony-towns-threw-savage-dunk-mississippi-state/

Cocaine80s
04-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Towns is a better prospect than Okafor. He has better defensive instincts, his body looks like he can grow into it, and he can also shoot jumpers.

He's also probably a better kid than Okafor, he's easily a better student, and i'm not disparaging Okafor here, he just is.

Maybe you think Okafor is better but it's not clear cut and while I'd take either one without a hint of dissapointment I want Towns first easily. I think most teams would.

To me #3 is more interesting, and Winslow has moved into that spot for me. Kid is sick.
Id take the kid that goes to Duke over the one at Kentucky if were judging them academically...

niko
04-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Id take the kid that goes to Duke over the one at Kentucky if were judging them academically...
Kid at Kentucky is a straight A student, doesn't drink, doesn't party, spends his summers doing charity work. He works on his game and he studies. That's it.

You basically assuming the 1 and done at Duke is a better kid when Cal and Coach K recruit THE SAME KIDS.

Cocaine80s
04-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Kid at Kentucky is a straight A student, doesn't drink, doesn't party, spends his summers doing charity work. He works on his game and he studies. That's it.

You basically assuming the 1 and done at Duke is a better kid when Cal and Coach K recruit THE SAME KIDS.
Pretty much every top recruit is like that.

Yea I'd pick the one that wanted to go to a school that's much better academically over the one that wanted an easy path to the NBA

ThickassGlasses
04-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Pretty much every top recruit is like that.

Yea I'd pick the one that wanted to go to a school that's much better academically over the one that wanted an easy path to the NBA

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard... Most top recruits are not like that at all.

That said, neither Towns nor Okafor impressed in the tournament, but Towns looked better.

Dave3
04-07-2015, 10:48 PM

It completely slipped my mind that Favors was picked before Cousins.

This thread is likely going to be on the level of "AD is a complete bust" or "Dirk will never win a championship"

Skilled offensive bigmen will always have a future in this league, and even if they fail at first, they'll continue to get chances, because size and low post scoring will always be needed on about 25 of the 30 NBA teams.

Ass Dan
04-08-2015, 12:01 AM
http://nextimpulsesports.com/2015/02/26/kentuckys-karl-anthony-towns-threw-savage-dunk-mississippi-state/

not even remotely impressive.

A 7-footer with a long run does a one hander off one foot with very little elevation.

thanks for video-proofing my point! Repped

IGOTGAME
04-08-2015, 12:15 AM

A better kid than Okafor...now you've drinking the damn kool-aid.

As far as it comes to the game of basketball, one has a temper issue, one doesn't.