PDA

View Full Version : i like Kenneth Faried, can Lakers/net get him?

bobopenguin
04-08-2015, 09:59 PM
what's up with this dude, he suppose to have a break out season, but was bit of let down tbh..
but nonetheless, i still like him. what's his max ceiling level? LMA? Griffin? Chris Webber? KG? Amare?
hmm.. u think it's a gamble to trade Randle for Faried?

bigt
04-08-2015, 10:10 PM
what's up with this dude, he suppose to have a break out season, but was bit of let down tbh..
but nonetheless, i still like him. what's his max ceiling level? LMA? Griffin? Chris Webber? KG? Amare?

Massive gamble. Faried's a nice player but I think Randle should become noticeably better as long as he doesn't keep getting injured.I think peak Faried is honestly what we saw at the Olympics, he's not going to get any better than that.

I do love Faried's game though

el gringos
04-08-2015, 10:14 PM
Never going to be a primary option like the guys you listed. His highest ceiling is something he is pretty close to already. The better the team is around him the better he will look.

NugzFan
04-08-2015, 10:24 PM

Put that first rounder on the table and you will most certainly get our front office attention.

NugzFan
04-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Btw: shaw completely ruined farieds season. He's been much better since shaw left.

bobopenguin
04-08-2015, 11:00 PM
just checked, u guys have him locked until 2019, with salary of 12mil from next year~ hmm~ do u guys want jeremy lin? :P

AkronAngel
04-08-2015, 11:07 PM
Overpaid.

QuebecBaller
04-08-2015, 11:09 PM

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/jerry-seinfeld-kramer-pocker-face-Newman-winner-laugh.gif

NugzFan
04-08-2015, 11:15 PM
Overpaid.

In 2 years he will be cheap.

gts
04-08-2015, 11:27 PM
just checked, u guys have him locked until 2019, with salary of 12mil from next year~ hmm~ do u guys want jeremy lin? :P

Nuggets can just sign Lin in the offseason if they want him... he's not going to be getting a contract close to Faried's..

Lakers won't be trying to hard to retain him, maybe offer for something in the 5 mill range if he's not signed by anyone else by late august and they still need a point guard

kurple
04-08-2015, 11:32 PM
i would trade kenneth for a TE and the houston pick and lakers 2nd

also like ed davis

bobopenguin
04-08-2015, 11:42 PM
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/jerry-seinfeld-kramer-pocker-face-Newman-winner-laugh.gif

fat one with glasses is the funniest one. :lol

hawksdogsbraves
04-09-2015, 12:05 AM
You've already got Randle, why would you want the exact same guy just 5 years older?

SwishSquared
04-09-2015, 12:17 AM
i would trade kenneth for a TE and the houston pick and lakers 2nd

also like ed davisYou'd trade Faried for a first that's in the 24-28 range, a second that's like #34 , and a big TPE? I'm not big on him, but that's not a homerun deal or anything imo. Also Ed Davis can become a FA this summer, which he likely will. If he opts-in, then he's making the minimum or something.

bobopenguin
04-09-2015, 01:03 AM
You've already got Randle, why would you want the exact same guy just 5 years older?

yeah sure, except Randle only played 1 game, and got himself injured. on other hand, u have someone who was beasting in FIBA..

RedBlackAttack
04-09-2015, 04:54 PM
yeah sure, except Randle only played 1 game, and got himself injured. on other hand, u have someone who was beasting in FIBA..
...while surrounded by All-Star caliber players.

Faried would be a fantastic garbage man on the right team, at least offensively. He's the kind of guy who would be superb as the 4th or 5th best guy on the team, but not who you want as a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd option.

Faried is at his best -- like in the FIBA tournament -- when defenses have to focus elsewhere and he's left to roam around the rim.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Again, there are a lot of guys in the league who'd be far superior first or second options, but not nearly as good at being the garbage man.

It's the same reason you're seeing Tristan Thompson be so consistently effective this season. He's finally playing the role his game was meant for... the guy teams have to ignore because of all the other talent, but whose motor, energy and athleticism feasts on opponents when they leave him.

Faried is probably a little better offensively, but not as good defensively.

kurple
04-09-2015, 05:41 PM
You'd trade Faried for a first that's in the 24-28 range, a second that's like #34 , and a big TPE? I'm not big on him, but that's not a homerun deal or anything imo. Also Ed Davis can become a FA this summer, which he likely will. If he opts-in, then he's making the minimum or something.
I would have easily taken this deal at the deadline. But he's been playing much better since Shaw got axed

But i think the nuggets need to move in a different direction. More defensive oriented. And it would be nice to shed his salary while getting a couple picks and a chance to hit an home run

I wouldnt mind keeping him either, but i think he would be better suited playing off the bench (still playing 25+ mpg)- Backing up a player like Taj Gibson would be perfecr