PDA

View Full Version : Paul George 2014 vs Kawhi 2015

Suguru101
04-08-2015, 10:45 PM
I would take George. I feel as if people are living in the moment with Kawhi a bit. It's not a huge difference, but my reasoning for taking George is:

George played in one of the worst offenses in the league, with no spacing or even average 3-point shooters apart from Hill to take defensive attention from him. He was the star in that team.

He put up 23-8-4 in the playoffs and got his team to the 1st seed in his conference.

Kawhi is really close to George. He is a bit better defender, though not as quick. Offensively George is a better shooter, slasher, creator. Much more consistent.

An Kawhi plays on a team with weapons, where he has the luxury of taking possessions off offensively, there are shooters everywhere, and the offensive system is amazingly fluid thanks to Pop and the personnel. Not the garbage offense George had to carry.

So yeah, George is better. Put 2014 George on this Spurs team and they are runaway the best team in the league.

r0drig0lac
04-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Kawhi is the defender that PG will never be, it has a post game better than 95% of the league players, definitely Kawhi

ABfor3
04-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Paul George

SCdac
04-08-2015, 10:58 PM
I feel like the version of Kawhi Leonard we'll see in about 2-3 years will be a better comparison because it'll be more of "his team" like the Pacers seemed George's last season (filling the role that Danny Granger seemed to have at the height of his career), and that's a scary thought because Kawhi's already very good. PG averaged 17 shot attempts (including 6+ three point attempts per game) @ .42 FG%. I get a feeling Kawhi could average a similar rate/% provided he got the green light but idk about the results. PG is very smooth offensively, Kawhi is solid on offense yet arguably the best perimeter defender in the league.

Cold soul
04-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Paul George

Suguru101
04-08-2015, 11:29 PM
I feel like the version of Kawhi Leonard we'll see in about 2-3 years will be a better comparison because it'll be more of "his team" like the Pacers seemed George's last season (filling the role that Danny Granger seemed to have at the height of his career), and that's a scary thought because Kawhi's already very good. PG averaged 17 shot attempts (including 6+ three point attempts per game) @ .42 FG%. I get a feeling Kawhi could average a similar rate/% provided he got the green light but idk about the results. PG is very smooth offensively, Kawhi is solid on offense yet arguably the best perimeter defender in the league.

I don't know, George was 23 last year, Kawhi is 23 this year. But i get it, they are in different circumstances. Though i feel that being in the Spurs system is what has aloud Kawhi to have this recent run of games.

I don't expect Kawhi being the only star to put up better numbers than George. His game is not as consistent or as versatile. His off the dribble shooting isn't as good. Though yes, that can improve on those aspects a bit.

George was also a 1st team All-Defense last year, so the difference between their defense isn't as big as the difference between their offense.

Anyways, good post. Thanks.

Genaro
04-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Give me George if I'm starting a team.

Lensanity
04-08-2015, 11:55 PM
2014 Paul George is/was so unbelievably overrated. Just a glorified athletic 3 and D player that got hot the first month or 2 of the season. Not an elite offensive player at all.

Kawhi all day

greatest-ever
04-09-2015, 12:22 AM
2014 Paul George is/was so unbelievably overrated. Just a glorified athletic 3 and D player that got hot the first month or 2 of the season. Not an elite offensive player at all.

Kawhi all day
This isn't an argument for Kawhi, it's just you calling George overrated and then saying his season was based on a hot month or 2, well the same has been true for Leonard this season except he played less games that George.

CarlosBoozer
04-09-2015, 01:20 AM
I would take PG13, I remember seeing him flying through lebron's defense and dunking on birdman in the playoffs.

Spurs m8
04-09-2015, 01:22 AM
I would take George. I feel as if people are living in the moment with Kawhi a bit. It's not a huge difference, but my reasoning for taking George is:

George played in one of the worst offenses in the league, with no spacing or even average 3-point shooters apart from Hill to take defensive attention from him. He was the star in that team.

He put up 23-8-4 in the playoffs and got his team to the 1st seed in his conference.

Kawhi is really close to George. He is a bit better defender, though not as quick. Offensively George is a better shooter, slasher, creator. Much more consistent.

An Kawhi plays on a team with weapons, where he has the luxury of taking possessions off offensively, there are shooters everywhere, and the offensive system is amazingly fluid thanks to Pop and the personnel. Not the garbage offense George had to carry.

So yeah, George is better. Put 2014 George on this Spurs team and they are runaway the best team in the league.

:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

24-Inch_Chrome
04-09-2015, 01:25 AM
:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

Thanks for that response, you made a great argument. :rolleyes:

My heart says Kawhi but my head says PG13. Give me George, at least for now.

Spurs m8
04-09-2015, 01:50 AM
Thanks for that response, you made a great argument. :rolleyes:

My heart says Kawhi but my head says PG13. Give me George, at least for now.

haahaah well there's your main mistake.

ALWAYS, go with your heart/gut.

ALWAYS

Rob123
04-09-2015, 01:58 AM
Look the truth is 2014 Paul George passes the eye test of what you consider when you think of great players much better than kawhi. But kawhi is just impacting games in so many different ways that even if he's sitting after 25 mins with 26 pts he's had a major hand (pun intended) in propelling the spurs to huge leads with his just absolutely out of this world defense, court vision, and hustle.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-09-2015, 02:00 AM
haahaah well there's your main mistake.

ALWAYS, go with your heart/gut.

ALWAYS

So don't use your brain? Gotcha, your posting habits make much more sense now.

Paul George 24
04-09-2015, 02:19 AM
I don't know, George was 23 last year, Kawhi is 23 this year. But i get it, they are in different circumstances. Though i feel that being in the Spurs system is what has aloud Kawhi to have this recent run of games.

I don't expect Kawhi being the only star to put up better numbers than George. His game is not as consistent or as versatile. His off the dribble shooting isn't as good. Though yes, that can improve on those aspects a bit.

George was also a 1st team All-Defense last year, so the difference between their defense isn't as big as the difference between their offense.

Anyways, good post. Thanks.
LOL..so PG is consistent than Leonard ,don't u remember how the Pacers struggles in the 2nd half season ??????:facepalm

oarabbus
04-09-2015, 02:55 AM

Put 2015 Kawhi on the 2014 Pacers....

George can't stop LeBron for shit compared to Kawhi.

Castor Troy
04-09-2015, 04:23 AM
Kawhi's D is better than George's, but PG has better offence.

Both potential superstars and looking forward to seeing their battles down the years, hopefully in the Finals.

keep-itreal
04-09-2015, 04:38 AM
Can the Spurs get Paul George?

Spurs m8
04-09-2015, 04:47 AM
Not for another 3-4 years I don't think.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-09-2015, 05:27 AM
The best 2-way SF's in the NBA.

:applause:

scm5
04-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Kawhi.

Seems to be extremely coachable from all accounts. No personal issues that we've seen. Seems to be a good dude that plays within himself and not selfish at all.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-09-2015, 11:34 AM
No personal issues that we've seen.

Not having to pay child support/getting catfished is definitely something my boy Kawhi can be proud of.

:applause:

I<3NBA
04-09-2015, 11:57 AM
i would go with the one who beat Lebron. srs.