PDA

View Full Version : Why does Pop tell Kawhi to study Mj Post moves

juju151111
04-11-2015, 02:05 PM
If they wouldn't work in this era. I thought MJ moveset would be in effective this era. Why would the top coach of this era let him to that.

navy
04-11-2015, 02:07 PM
What's with all the 3ball like threads on MJ these days? Find me one post of someone saying MJs post moves would be ineffective.

juju151111
04-11-2015, 02:13 PM
What's with all the 3ball like threads on MJ these days? Find me one post of someone saying MJs post moves would be ineffective.
I seen it plenty of times that Zone would stop him somehow and they would double him.

sportjames23
04-11-2015, 02:17 PM

Just look for dubeta/his alts posts. I'm sure you'll find some there.

GimmeThat
04-11-2015, 02:18 PM
Because of Ryu and Ken.

Duh

Hey Yo
04-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Jordan was making an impassioned plea before the competition committee that had gathered to consider rules changes to enliven the NBA game. Jordan spoke passionately. If teams were able to play zone defenses, he said, he never would have had the career he did.

navy
04-11-2015, 02:23 PM
I seen it plenty of times that Zone would stop him somehow and they would double him.
Stop him from posting up and shooting a fadeaway? Show me.

navy
04-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Just look for dubeta/his alts posts. I'm sure you'll find some there.
Dubeta is a known troll, what are you trying to say?

sdot_thadon
04-11-2015, 02:52 PM
These dudes give those trolls life. I've never seen that claimed either. And if it comes from a troll? Cmon son.

3ball
04-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Jordan was making an impassioned plea before the competition committee that had gathered to consider rules changes to enliven the NBA game. Jordan spoke passionately. If teams were able to play zone defenses, he said, he never would have had the career he did.
NBA Official Statement: "Remember, if the players are spaced wider and using more of the court, then defenses have to play those players closely because they're good shooters. The style actually serves to open up the middle of the floor. If a team has an effective post player, he would have more room to operate in the post."

NBA Official Statement: "There are distinct differences in the international game vs. the NBA game. The international game utilizes a pure zone defense (as opposed to the defensive three-second rule), which allows frontcourt players to stand in the middle of the lane and discourage cutting, passing and dribble penetration."

the bolded above is what today's defensive 3 seconds rule prevents