PDA

View Full Version : Has the "jump out the gym" experiment for bigs officially failed?

Akrazotile
04-12-2015, 01:39 PM
I remember people here salivating about anthony randolph and brandan wright. Theyre so mobile! Imagine how theyll run the floor!

Yeah, turns out not to be that important for a center.

Wasnt Andre Drummond supposed to be "beasting the league" by now? DeAndre Jordan became a nice player, but not a great one. Javale McGee is... Javale McGee. I remember hearing lots and lots of hype about these guys' potential at one time or othed.

Best froncourt bigs are still the ones who play like Duncan, Gasol, KG, Randolph, Noah, etc. Guys who, you know, have some skill.

Are people still going to salivate next time their team reaches for an offensively raw, "7 footer who can jump out the gym!!!!" prospect at like #11 or something? Any time a team takes a guy like this we have to hear for four or five years straight about what a monster hes going to develop into, and then it doesnt happen. Usually results in fans wanting to get rid of the coach for not developing him with a magic wand :oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
04-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Hey Chris

It's Josh

warriorfan
04-12-2015, 01:44 PM
:biggums:

IGOTGAME
04-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Hold up...are you dumb? Dandre and Drummond are playing well and were great values for where they were picked. Obviously people understand Duncan, kg and Gasol are different level prospects....that is why they were number 1 picks.

warriorfan
04-12-2015, 01:52 PM
wilt

AkronAngel
04-12-2015, 02:39 PM
What experiment? People use whatever traits give them advantages. Those first 2 players just weren't talented enough, whether it was due to intelligence or commitment. Drummond is fine btw.

UK2K
04-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Id say Drummond and Jordan are pretty good.

Akrazotile
04-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Hold up...are you dumb? Dandre and Drummond are playing well and were great values for where they were picked. Obviously people understand Duncan, kg and Gasol are different level prospects....that is why they were number 1 picks.

Not talking about relative to where they were picked. Talking abot the fans who told me theyd be "beasting the league." Its not happening.

I myself thought when DJ was drafted hed be some dominant force eventually bc of all that athleticism, and I wasnt alone.

And go look at what people were saying about Drummond last year and the year before. Their predictions were that he would be one of the league's best bigs soon, just a total stud and a nightmare of domination.

People just assume guys are gonna develop an offensive game and perfect their free throw shooting.

But yeah, doesnt just magically happen too often.

Akrazotile
04-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Id say Drummond and Jordan are pretty good.

Theyre literally average.

Theyre not as good as gasol, gasol, duncan, aldridge, davis, bogut, noah etc.

Theyre better than Perkins, McGee, Gray, etc.

Jameerthefear
04-12-2015, 02:55 PM

what

SugarHill
04-12-2015, 02:58 PM

DJ leads the league in rebounds, field goal percentage and is one of the best shot blockers. How is that even remotely average?

Dresta
04-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Drummond is beasting and he's only 21...

AkronAngel
04-12-2015, 03:05 PM
DJ leads the league in rebounds, field goal percentage and is one of the best shot blockers. How is that even remotely average?

Because that poster is dumb.

brownmamba00
04-12-2015, 03:13 PM
OP:lol

chips93
04-12-2015, 03:17 PM
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/843719260.gif?w=1000

Dasher
04-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Anthony Randolph was always a jumper away from greatness. He'd have been a nice stretch four.

Drummond and Jordan are both better than Bogut.

Zach Randolph was considered a stat-padder for years. His success is one of those instances that shows how important teammates are for a player's reputation.

Im so nba'd out
04-12-2015, 03:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1rlHlYK.png

Marchesk
04-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Chamberlain

ILLsmak
04-12-2015, 07:51 PM
deandre is a monster. I think you gotta be a real big tho.

Like Randolph plays like a SF and Brandon Wright plays pretty small, too.

-Smak

gyu
04-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Drummond has been in the league, 3 years? He's been averaging a double double last two seasons (13/13) while only playing around 30 minutes a game. He's coming along I'd say.