PDA

View Full Version : The Next Yao Ming but with a jumper. 7'2 Nba draft prospect

imnew09
04-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Link (http://ilpvideo.com/video/NjUwMjM/7-2-zhou-qi-nba-draft-prospect-7-footer-with-a-jumper)

Come to the Lakers :bowdown:

sammichoffate
04-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Link (http://ilpvideo.com/video/NjUwMjM/7-2-zhou-qi-nba-draft-prospect-7-footer-with-a-jumper)

Come to the Lakers :bowdown:Misleading title, Yao's jumper was solid af :biggums: That guy is also way too skinny atm compared to Yao

bballnoob1192
04-12-2015, 04:24 PM
nope don't want.

JimmyMcAdocious
04-12-2015, 04:29 PM
He's built similar to Gobert. 7-2, 7-6.5 wingspan, 9-6.5 reach.

Gobert measured 7-2, 7-8.5 wingspan, 9-7 reach.

Only players in the NBA who have the same or taller standing reach are Gobert and JaVale (9-6.5).

He's skinny tho.

FKAri
04-12-2015, 04:29 PM
But Yao Ming had a jumper unless you're talking about 3pt range.

BigNBAfan
04-12-2015, 04:30 PM
hes got the triangulation down... end of the ming dynasty, time for the Zhou dynasty to rise

can the cavs get him?

bigkingsfan
04-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Wang Zhizhi

CavaliersFTW
04-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Asian/Chinese so automatically called "the next Yao" by OP despite probably having more in common with other 7 footers that have played in the NBA of other races. Not malicious, but like how 99% of white prospects are advertised discussed as "the next Larry Birds/Dirks/Steve Nashs" as opposed to being compared to other players that might have actually played more similarly due to their appearance/background. Low-key racism. That guy's game looks more like a potential Pau than a Yao to me.

RightTwoCensor
04-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Remember when that Indian dude was supposed to be the next Shaq and was supposed to run all over the league? Yeah me neither.

LosBulls
04-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Yao had a jumper dumb ass.

Mr.Kite
04-12-2015, 05:24 PM
This dumbass is 7 foot.

Get in the paint and bang

QuebecBaller
04-12-2015, 05:27 PM
More like a taller and not happy Yi :lol

avonbarksdale
04-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Asian/Chinese so automatically called "the next Yao" by OP despite probably having more in common with other 7 footers that have played in the NBA of other races. Not malicious, but like how 99% of white prospects are advertised discussed as "the next Larry Birds/Dirks/Steve Nashs" as opposed to being compared to other players that might have actually played more similarly due to their appearance/background. Low-key racism. That guy's game looks more like a potential Pau than a Yao to me.

unsure if you know what racism is

Kvnzhangyay
04-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Yao had a jumper dumb ass.

this lol...

kennethgriffin
04-12-2015, 05:36 PM
neither yao nore this guy have or had jumpers

since the word "jumper" is slang for "jump shot" and neither man gets more than 2 inches off the ground

they both have set shots though

L.A.Showtime
04-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Misleading title, Yao's jumper was solid af :biggums: That guy is also way too skinny atm compared to Yao

Yeah, Yao was taller, could also shoot, and was thick. This guy may have potential, but I highly doubt he will be as good as Yao, and if he is, it will likely be due to different styles in play. Essentially, the Yao comparison comes in because he is Asian.

Sakkreth
04-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Poor's man Big Z ?

RedBlackAttack
04-12-2015, 06:10 PM
The kid looks like he has some skill. He needs to add some weight or he'll get banged around down low in the NBA.

He's really nothing like Yao Ming, though. The kid is very tall and very long. He'd be amongst the tallest guys currently in the league... but Yao was 7-freaking-6.

YouGotServed
04-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Confirmed, idiot OP is 10 years old. Yao Ming had a deadly jumper.

Akrazotile
04-12-2015, 06:20 PM

:facepalm :lol

jzek
04-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Tall Chinese dude with a jumper? Wang Zhizhi and Yi Jianlian entering the draft again?

CavaliersFTW
04-12-2015, 06:30 PM
:facepalm :lol
You know what I mean. Obviously OP isn't trying to create a racial divide and discriminating against anyone but I always get a kick out of people still instinctively keeping "races" separated when comparing NBA talent. Like a great up and coming white or Asian center prospect can never be the next "Patrick Ewing" or "David Robinson" no matter how much more similar their games might be to those players as opposed to some other players more similar to their own physical appearance. You know what I mean? It's always got to be the next Sabonis, Walton or Yao Ming or something. 99% of the time. Steve Nash was the "next Stockton/Maravich".

Smook A.
04-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Yao didn't have a jumper? OP probably never saw him play :oldlol:

imnew09
04-12-2015, 06:35 PM
You guys are dumb af. This guy can shoot 3s and got a better range than Yao... Stop circle jerking each others

Smook A.
04-12-2015, 06:39 PM
You guys are dumb af. This guy can shoot 3s and got a better range than Yao... Stop circle jerking each others
Yao wasn't a 3 pt shooter, but does that automatically mean he didn't have a jumper? Yao's mid-range shot was solid AND he had ability to make tough fadeaway shots.

navy
04-12-2015, 06:44 PM
You know what I mean. Obviously OP isn't trying to create a racial divide and discriminating against anyone but I always get a kick out of people still instinctively keeping "races" separated when comparing NBA talent. Like a great up and coming white or Asian center prospect can never be the next "Patrick Ewing" or "David Robinson" no matter how much more similar their games might be to those players as opposed to some other players more similar to their own physical appearance. You know what I mean? It's always got to be the next Sabonis, Walton or Yao Ming or something. 99% of the time. Steve Nash was the "next Stockton/Maravich".
How many white boys look like they could be the next Ewing or Robinson? '

Now that I think about it....How many players in general look like that lol

Cocaine80s
04-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Reminds me of Jeremy Lin

He doesnt have the same handles or court vision but something about their games is similar to me

Dave3
04-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Maybe you should have been a little more clear and said "with a 3 pointer" instead of jumper then...

Just admit it, you never saw Yao play and had no idea he had a very good shot. No shame in that. You can't control when you were born.

ISHGoat
04-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Reminds me of Jeremy Lin

He doesnt have the same handles or court vision but something about their games is similar to me

:lol

To me, his game reminds me of a taller but skinnier Yi Jian Lian. Cant quite put my finger on it either, but they have striking similarities