PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics has a chance to upset the Cavs in first round

imnew09
04-12-2015, 06:40 PM
This team has gone 7-3 in the last 10 games. Have a solid bench and good role players. I have a good feeling that they are going to upset the Cavs

SouBeachTalents
04-12-2015, 06:41 PM
This team has gone 7-3 in the last 10 games. Have a solid bench and good role players. I have a good feeling that they are going to upset the Cavs

No you don't

Jud
04-12-2015, 06:43 PM
They have a chance to take them to 7 games. I don't think they'll beat them though.

MMM
04-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Boston is 25-16 in their last 41
Only Atl and Cle have been better in the East
But Boston would be lucky to win more than 1 game
But so would most East opponents
How many games would Toronto, Washington, Milwaukee, or Chicago win vs. Cle????

Eric Cartman
04-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Shouting that bullsh*t loud and proud you wanker.

inclinerator
04-12-2015, 07:02 PM
just like pelicans/thunder have a "chance" to do the same to gsw

aj1987
04-12-2015, 07:02 PM
They have a chance to take them to 7 games. I don't think they'll beat them though.
:oldlol:

Nope. The Cav's are gonna steamroll through them.

imnew09
04-12-2015, 07:14 PM
If Kyrie or Lebron struggle, of course Celtics will be able to pull off the wins

RedBlackAttack
04-12-2015, 07:16 PM

http://i.imgur.com/EcsisqH.gif

outbreak
04-12-2015, 07:17 PM
If the celtics win more games than the Cavs through out the series than I think they could upset the Cavs.

k0kakw0rld
04-12-2015, 07:17 PM
:oldlol:

Genaro
04-12-2015, 07:19 PM
I can see them winning 2 games tops. Everything above this would surprise me a lot.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Theyre a decent team (which means good in the Least) but the cavs were missing 4 of their top 5 players. lets relax

Boston could take a game, maybe 2 at home but thats it

MP.Trey
04-12-2015, 07:23 PM
They might push it to 5...

Wally450
04-12-2015, 07:53 PM
They'll be legitimately lucky to win 1 game. They'll get swept or best lose 4-1.

MJistheGOAT
04-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Yes, they have a chance ...

The detail is this chance is about 0,00001%

I hate Cavs but please don

bigt
04-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Let's not act like the Cavs team that they fielded the last two games will resemble their playoff game.

Rolando
04-12-2015, 08:21 PM
The great thing is is that the Celtics can play with zero pressure because they have already surpassed all expectations by frikken miles. Anything from here on out is gravy. The guys are heroes.

The Cavs, on the other hand, need to win it all. The moment things get tough, watch for Lebron to mentally start cracking again or just give up.

nzahir
04-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Would you bet your life on it?

SouBeachTalents
04-12-2015, 08:47 PM
The great thing is is that the Celtics can play with zero pressure because they have already surpassed all expectations by frikken miles. Anything from here on out is gravy. The guys are heroes.

The Cavs, on the other hand, need to win it all. The moment things get tough, watch for Lebron to mentally start cracking again or just give up.

They probably won't even have a tough moment in the series. And lol at a team finishing 4 games under .500 being considered "heroes"

Im so nba'd out
04-12-2015, 08:50 PM
i think a couple games will be close but i see a sweep i hope celtics fall to 8 so cavs have to play pacers

SouBeachTalents
04-27-2015, 12:24 AM

OP is Nostradamus :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dr.J4ever
04-27-2015, 12:51 AM
These kids....so much delusion on this board..

When will fans realize that there are only 3-4 teams yearly that have any chance at all of being in the Finals? The others are mere pretenders, and others like the Celtics don't even belong. The harsh reality of the NBA, in contrast to other sports, is that upsets in a 7 game series between unequal teams in talent happen much rarer than in other sports.

The Celtics would have been better served in the lottery to get needle movers and game changers. This is why I like what my 76ers are doing. We get another top 5 pick this season. This could be Mudiay or Rusell. They will join Embiid and Noel. In another season, we get Saric, another lottery pick.

Being in the playoffs can be detrimental, if the current nucleus of your team is not foreseen to be the projected nucleus for a future title team.

So what the heck is being in the playoffs for? Being delusional and thinking you can beat a stacked Cavs team? LOL.

ihoopallday
04-27-2015, 11:16 PM
:roll: :roll: OP

Hittin_Shots
04-27-2015, 11:18 PM
They probably won't even have a tough moment in the series. And lol at a team finishing 4 games under .500 being considered "heroes"

They were only one game under .500

Derka
04-28-2015, 12:01 AM
These kids....so much delusion on this board..

When will fans realize that there are only 3-4 teams yearly that have any chance at all of being in the Finals? The others are mere pretenders, and others like the Celtics don't even belong. The harsh reality of the NBA, in contrast to other sports, is that upsets in a 7 game series between unequal teams in talent happen much rarer than in other sports.

The Celtics would have been better served in the lottery to get needle movers and game changers. This is why I like what my 76ers are doing. We get another top 5 pick this season. This could be Mudiay or Rusell. They will join Embiid and Noel. In another season, we get Saric, another lottery pick.

Being in the playoffs can be detrimental, if the current nucleus of your team is not foreseen to be the projected nucleus for a future title team.

So what the heck is being in the playoffs for? Being delusional and thinking you can beat a stacked Cavs team? LOL.
Not nearly as delusional as the idea that Philly has been drafting needle movers and game changers with the multiple shots at the lottery they've had in the last several years :oldlol:

Dr.J4ever
04-28-2015, 01:34 AM
Not nearly as delusional as the idea that Philly has been drafting needle movers and game changers with the multiple shots at the lottery they've had in the last several years :oldlol:

Last several years? You mean last couple of years. This is year 2 of the Plan. In 2 years, we have drafted a defensive game changer in Noel, who was one of top rim protectors in the NBA this year. He also averaged around 13ppg and 10 rebounds after the all star break.

Next year, he will be joined by Embiid, who is reputed to have as much upside as a young Duncan or Hakeem. It's all over Google, not from me.

In the 2015 draft, we are likely to draft in the top 5, which could land Russel or Mudiay or Mario Hezonja. In 2016, 4 more 1st rounders, possibly 2 in the lottery are likely. Dario Saric, another lottery pick from 2014, will join us in 2016 after playing very well this year in the Euroleague playoffs.

The more top tier talent you draft, the likelier you end up with needle movers and game changers. It 's really simple.

Again, I like our prospects better now than if we made the playoffs in the weak east by signing a couple of mediocre free agents at the beginning of this season only to have absolutely 0% chance of defeating a stacked team in the 1st round.

imnew09
04-28-2015, 02:56 AM
:roll: :roll: OP

How was I wrong? Celtics took out Kevin Love, got Jr Smith suspended for 2 games. Thats one hella UPSET!

pauk
04-28-2015, 03:02 AM
Its a sweep, but Celtics roughed Cavs up more than any team will.... physically... so much so it will dramatically affect their success in the playoffs... some other team will beat Cavs, but it will be all thanks to Celtics....

imnew09
04-28-2015, 03:43 AM
Its a sweep, but Celtics roughed Cavs up more than any team will.... physically... so much so it will dramatically affect their success in the playoffs... some other team will beat Cavs, but it will be all thanks to Celtics....

Never thought I would agree with Pauk but you are one knowledgable man :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bigsmoke
04-28-2015, 03:46 AM
Y'all want LeBron to lose that bad:lol

Eric Cartman
04-28-2015, 04:16 AM
At least the Celtics injured Love.

Moral victory.

Random_Guy
04-28-2015, 04:52 AM
lol its definitely like russ;s injury because of bev, all the other teams are secretly thanking the celtics as they were the rockets lol