PDA

View Full Version : 1 on 1 challenge - Chicago area

jongib369
04-13-2015, 02:01 AM
We'll start it off by shooting around...Once the camera starts rolling we'll play a game of horse, and then play 1 on 1

(Few days ago)
https://youtu.be/_1FHm8XFa94

Wilt like numbers- 102 Points shooting 57% - 86 boards

http://youtu.be/z4kIeoG4YTE

oxoxox/oooo/xx/oooooooo/xooxooxo/xxxx/ooo/xxoxoxooxx/ooooooo/xx/ooooo/xo/xxxxx/oxx/ooo/xxx/ooxoxoxxoxx

O=Make
X=Miss
Bold 3+ makes or misses in a row

1:40

7:06

Are the two longest stretches of makes, any visible difference between the missed shots noticeable in form?

https://36.media.tumblr.com/fe08fb04272132d5ad10ef68bcfcea8c/tumblr_nmqfbqUhSI1td15w4o1_400.jpg

SugarHill
04-13-2015, 02:03 AM
why were you shooting like rick barry and have the oldtimey effects? lol

http://i.imgur.com/3kGP2Ln.gif

Rose'sACL
04-13-2015, 02:06 AM
no one wants to go to Chiraq.

jongib369
04-13-2015, 02:09 AM
why were you shooting like rick barry and have the oldtimey effects? lol

http://i.imgur.com/3kGP2Ln.gif
Just for shits n gigs....I'll upload the short unedited version now...When I miss that back to the basket fingerroll, if you can call it that....It's a hilarious sight to see :lol

Plus I'm more accurate like that for freethrows. Tried it out and actually liked it more

jongib369
04-13-2015, 02:10 AM
no one wants to go to Chiraq.
No worries, I'm from the burbs haha. Hilary Clinton and Harrison Ford went to a highschool down the street from me

kennethgriffin
04-13-2015, 02:14 AM
dat 2 handed release tho

jongib369
04-13-2015, 02:20 AM
dat 2 handed release tho
Haha yeah I really need to work on my release. Might try shooting around with just one hand for a bit to correct it.
I'm streaky, but can somehow get really hot shooting like that...once I'm tired though I can't make shit :lol

It'll be fun nevertheless, and I'm sure it'll crack you guys up...Im raw as can be...But if I happen to make one of my whacky shots the other guy won't hear the end of it from you guys haha

jongib369
04-13-2015, 02:37 AM
dat 2 handed release tho
Got any tips?

jongib369
04-13-2015, 09:18 AM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/7434ee375d0de20fff05550854bab68b/tumblr_nmqf3bbNl81td15w4o1_400.jpg

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/itsalwayssunny/images/9/9b/Mac_(3).jpg

Who wouldn't want to ball against Mac from always sunny?

:lol

nathanjizzle
04-13-2015, 09:22 AM
i might consider it, but i havent played in 2-3 years. definitely no horse though. Theres alot of folks in chicago, maybe we can get a bigger game at foster beach.

jongib369
04-13-2015, 09:29 AM
i might consider it, but i havent played in 2-3 years. definitely no horse though. Theres alot of folks in chicago, maybe we can get a bigger game at foster beach.
Honestly wouldn't matter man, I'm not any good. With some real D, getting me tired my Mechanics get even worse :lol. But you cant leave me open, especially from an angle in which I can bank it in

Not sure where foster beach is but I'll check it out

dunksby
04-13-2015, 09:39 AM
Got any tips?
Don't lean your off-hand on the ball, while shooting try to focus on every muscle in your shooting hand and use your off-hand just to keep the ball steady.

jongib369
04-13-2015, 09:45 AM
Don't lean your off-hand on the ball, while shooting try to focus on every muscle in your shooting hand and use your off-hand just to keep the ball steady.
I'll try it out, it's hard to break old habbits. Last year I got used to shooting with one hand...But it's been a half year between those videos so I need to work on it a lot

https://youtu.be/xBqUuSxB_zE

Wasn't playing seriously, but still cracks me up. Usually set my feet better, jump higher, and have better posture when I'm seriously shooting

dunksby
04-13-2015, 12:24 PM
I'll try it out, it's hard to break old habbits. Last year I got used to shooting with one hand...But it's been a half year between those videos so I need to work on it a lot

Wasn't playing seriously, but still cracks me up. Usually set my feet better, jump higher, and have better posture when I'm seriously shooting
The biggest problem when trying to correcting your shooting form is finding an empty court, you got that covered so no excuses :no:

UK2K
04-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Haha yeah I really need to work on my release. Might try shooting around with just one hand for a bit to correct it.
I'm streaky, but can somehow get really hot shooting like that...once I'm tired though I can't make shit :lol

It'll be fun nevertheless, and I'm sure it'll crack you guys up...Im raw as can be...But if I happen to make one of my whacky shots the other guy won't hear the end of it from you guys haha

In 9th grade I shot two handed and could probably drop in ~50% from the volleyball line.

After that, coach had me shoot like a normal person and totally ruined my shot.

Shoot how you feel comfortable. Just because someone says there's a right way to do it, doesn't mean its a better way.

jongib369
04-14-2015, 07:15 PM
The biggest problem when trying to correcting your shooting form is finding an empty court, you got that covered so no excuses :no:
Oh no worries man, I'll be putting in some work. Expect a drastic change

hiphopanonymous
01-27-2019, 03:46 PM

Just browsing more old shooting threads looking for more ISH baller footage and found this - looks like you have/had access to the nicest court any of us had a chance to practice in how'd you get access there when it's empty, is that a school? I'm stuck shooting in a warehouse to practice at work and outside if the weather is nice :oldlol: I gotta know how you got access to a place like that do you just know the right people?

Even my leagues game courts aren't real hardwood wherever that is that's a nice facility :cheers:

superduper
01-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Damn this is a good idea. I'm gonna make a Toronto one when the weather's better.

superduper
01-27-2019, 04:00 PM
Just browsing more old shooting threads looking for more ISH baller footage and found this - looks like you have/had access to the nicest court any of us had a chance to practice in how'd you get access there when it's empty, is that a school? I'm stuck shooting in a warehouse to practice at work and outside if the weather is nice :oldlol: I gotta know how you got access to a place like that do you just know the right people?

Even my leagues game courts aren't real hardwood wherever that is that's a nice facility :cheers:

The court definitely looks fresh and big but I don't like the way the rim sounds. I don't know if it's just the mic or what.

hiphopanonymous
01-27-2019, 04:07 PM
The court definitely looks fresh and big but I don't like the way the rim sounds. I don't know if it's just the mic or what.
Man compared to what I have to settle for I like it all

The rim is a single rim and sounds sprung. Backboards are glass. Good combo.

I get to play on single rim sprung with a glass backboard in my league but the floor is fake wood - it's that plastic tile it's terrible. That's a nice facility plus everything looks new.

What do you prefer for a rim, double rim with no spring? (lot of playgrounds like this or really old high school gym setups can also be unsprung, you have to swish or almost nothing goes in)

superduper
01-27-2019, 04:12 PM
Man compared to what I have to settle for I like it all

The rim is a single rim and sounds sprung. Backboards are glass. Good combo.

I get to play on single rim sprung with a glass backboard in my league but the floor is fake wood - it's that plastic tile it's terrible. That's a nice facility plus everything looks new.

What do you prefer for a rim, double rim with no spring? (lot of playgrounds like this or really old high school gym setups can also be unsprung, you have to swish or almost nothing goes in)

That looks like it might be a college/university gym or one in a high end fitness gym. Definitely similar to what my uni gym looked like when I went to uni.

Which area do you live in?

When I play with my friends weekly we rent out certain gyms but none look as good as the one in the OP. Some school boards here rent/contract out their gyms to people for one day a week for the entire school year and you can use it for whatever rec activity, pretty cool for friend groups to group up, pitch in, and run weekly ball.

Nothing like that in your area?

nathanjizzle
01-27-2019, 04:15 PM
Did you say horse???ill play you if you come to the south suburbs. no horse though, and I haven't played in years

hiphopanonymous
01-27-2019, 04:27 PM
That looks like it might be a college/university gym or one in a high end fitness gym. Definitely similar to what my uni gym looked like when I went to uni.

Which area do you live in?

When I play with my friends weekly we rent out certain gyms but none look as good as the one in the OP. Some school boards here rent/contract out their gyms to people for one day a week for the entire school year and you can use it for whatever rec activity, pretty cool for friend groups to group up, pitch in, and run weekly ball.

Nothing like that in your area?
I'm in Cleveland area

For convenience sake I recently asked the warehouse manager at the company I work for if I could shoot on my lunch breaks and he was cool with it so I do that way in the back of my companies warehouse. When the weather is good I also just use my driveway hoop.

As far as I've been aware it isn't an option to rent indoor hardwood floor courts in my area. Schools have them but as far as I know it's strictly for the schools. Only way to get access to private facilities would be like a club membership at like, YMCA's near by or another club of similar setup. But those are always filled with competitive pick up games - so again I wouldn't have an ability to use it solo like I'd prefer anyways. Possibly some churches might have a court but I'm not a church goer so I wouldn't know about that avenue

I can get shots in between the warehouse and my driveway but man would it be nice to be in a big gym like that I envy anyone who's found a way to get shots in at a place like that :applause:

nathanjizzle
01-28-2019, 11:14 AM
op scared

hiphopanonymous
01-28-2019, 11:19 AM
op scared
He prob didn't see it yet I learned a long time ago not everyone has the subscribe feature enabled and when my old account was retired and I went to this one it was auto-disabled I had to find it to reenable it

jongib369
01-28-2019, 11:19 AM
op scared
:lol Nah I'm just seeing this now, we can do it sometime this year if you like? I'd want to give myself SOME time to shoot around beforehand and get more cardio. Last time I shot around with a friend I was airballing, and not even able to hit a bank shot lmao. Which the latter used to be my bread and butter just a few years ago even(not good, just better than I am now). How old are you? And your height and weight for that matter

jongib369
01-28-2019, 11:29 AM

Yeah that's my old Community College which I might go back to, it's free use when they don't need it...Even when the rims are up I can just find security to lower it for me. There's always time during the day in which it's unoccupied so whenever I went to class I brought a ball just in case. I'll never forget a younger coach trying to show me up as I was waiting outside of it studying, bet me I couldn't steal the ball from him in front of the girls team. He started his little dribble and I waited to see if he'd start a lazy pattern, he did and timed it just right to rip that shit right out of his hands. Felt good :lol.

mr4speed
01-28-2019, 10:31 PM

I know where the suburb is - I think it would be fun - do you have the keys to the gym?

Lebron23
07-30-2020, 06:42 PM
We'll start it off by shooting around...Once the camera starts rolling we'll play a game of horse, and then play 1 on 1

(Few days ago)
https://youtu.be/_1FHm8XFa94

https://36.media.tumblr.com/fe08fb04272132d5ad10ef68bcfcea8c/tumblr_nmqfbqUhSI1td15w4o1_400.jpg

I might visit my relatives in Skokie, Illinois next year. Any good basketball court in Skokie Illinois?? Not going to Chiraq