PDA

View Full Version : The Stars Align - Western Conference Playoff Seeding

bdreason
04-13-2015, 03:13 AM
I hate to jinx it, but it looks like we might get all the matchups we wanted!

1. Warriors vs. 8. Pelicans
2. Spurs vs. 7. Mavericks
3. Clippers vs. 6. Grizzlies
4. Blazers vs. 5. Rockets (HCA)

If you asked me to pick the matchups, those would be my choices. I think the only matchup people wanted that we won't get is Thunder (with KD) vs. Warriors, which would have been crazy. I think the Pelicans will be an interesting matchup though, and I'm looking forward to seeing AD in the playoffs.

AintNoSunshine
04-13-2015, 04:18 AM
I agree. That would be another epic first round.

Genaro
04-13-2015, 05:05 AM
Except for GSW x Pels all those match ups already happened, I don't want to see them again.
I would rather have something like Spurs x Rockets, Mavs x Clippers and Blazers x Grizzlies thought I know it isn't possibly anymore.

SyRyanYang
04-13-2015, 05:34 AM
Except for GSW x Pels all those match ups already happened, I don't want to see them again.
I would rather have something like Spurs x Rockets, Mavs x Clippers and Blazers x Grizzlies thought I know it isn't possibly anymore.

This.
Mavs is a hot mess, I don't see them push the Spurs like they did last year.
Blazers are injury riddled, it's not going to be a close series. Same with Memphis.

JebronLames
04-13-2015, 06:02 AM
Yes! i really want to see harden beat the blazers.

Excited for cavs vs celtics. Hoping raptors get the third seed. Could see the cavs going 8-0 against those 2 teams.

Blue&Orange
04-13-2015, 07:27 AM
Ever heard of a thing called rivalries?

beta league, beta fans.

Purch
04-13-2015, 10:30 AM

Rivalries are built when team see each other multiple times

L.A.Showtime
04-13-2015, 11:06 AM
Blazers are injury riddled, it's not going to be a close series. Same with Memphis.

Yet Rockets fans will brag like they accomplished something if they beat Portland.

KNOW1EDGE
04-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Yet Rockets fans will brag like they accomplished something if they beat Portland.

I would still bet on Portland even without Matthews and Afflalo. I'm a homer doe. And the Rockets have their fair share of injuries as well

mehyaM24
04-13-2015, 11:13 AM
this.

watching rondo & the mavs expose cp3 would put the ridiculous claims of 'pure pg' to bed. would make for a great first round matchup though.

dwight/harden vs duncan/kawhi is another must-see series.

brantonli
04-13-2015, 11:14 AM

Our PG and best post option are out, so it's not like Houston has it easy either.

L.A.Showtime
04-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Our PG and best post option are out, so it's not like Houston has it easy either.

Yeah, but Blazers losing both of their SGs who would guard your best player are out.

imdaman99
04-13-2015, 11:33 AM
Pelicans? Why? Because Anthony Davis? I'm sorry to say it but as good as he is, he is not that exciting. Westbrook vs Curry would have been must-see TV. It's a shame Durant is out, that could/would have been an epic series.

brantonli
04-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Yeah, but Blazers losing both of their SGs who would guard your best player are out.

Good point, although I suspect Batum can just shift over and guard Harden. Mathews did give Harden a lot of trouble in the playoff, so I'm glad he's out. But this time around, Lillard can just rip whatever point guard Houston sends his way. If the two teams do match up, Brewer will be on Lillard a lot and Batum on Harden. Aldridge will go off for his customary 40 point game and then we lose.

thefatmiral
04-13-2015, 01:18 PM
all of those look like competitive series except for warriors obviously. western bloodbath again.

huskerdu
04-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Spurs will beat Dallas in 4, Memphis in 5, Warriors in 6, Cleveland in 5.

L.A.Showtime
04-13-2015, 02:34 PM
Good point, although I suspect Batum can just shift over and guard Harden. Mathews did give Harden a lot of trouble in the playoff, so I'm glad he's out. But this time around, Lillard can just rip whatever point guard Houston sends his way. If the two teams do match up, Brewer will be on Lillard a lot and Batum on Harden. Aldridge will go off for his customary 40 point game and then we lose.

I think Harden takes more advantage of the Blazers when Batum rests than Lillard does when Brewer rests.

All Net
04-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Hope spurs stay 2nd...

LoneyROY7
04-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Spurs will beat Dallas in 4, Memphis in 5, Warriors in 6, Cleveland in 5.

:roll:

kav23
04-14-2015, 01:36 AM
As of Tuesday these are the west 1st round matchups:

1. Golden State vs. 8. New Orleans
4. Portland vs. 5. Houston (Houston has home court)
2. LA Clippers vs. 7. Dallas
3. San Antonio vs. 6. Memphis

On the last day of the regular season, the key games are Houston/Utah, OKC/Minnesota, San Antonio/New Orleans, Memphis/Indiana.

Golden State is locked at 1, Portland is locked at 4, Dallas is locked at 7. 2 is one of Southwest division winner or Clippers. 3 is one of Southwest division winner or Clippers.