PDA

View Full Version : Lebron fans: I have a question for you guys

StephHamann
04-13-2015, 04:12 AM
Let's say Lebron makes the finals this year would you rather see:

A: Lebron putting up insane numbers 41/8/6 on 60%TS but losing the finals to the spurs because Kyrie choked some crucial FTs in game 7

B: Lebron is playing average finals, but the Cavs win in 7. Kyrie gets fMVP because he made some crucial plays in close 4 quarter games and is the Batman to LeRobin

dubeta
04-13-2015, 04:14 AM
Both are equally bad

Winning with FMVP is the only thing that matters.

Cocaine80s
04-13-2015, 04:17 AM
Not a Lebron fan but I would rather see the more deserving player win fmvp (lebron).

Kyrie will have his moment in a few years though

7secondsorless
04-13-2015, 04:19 AM
I for one would like see to see some version of the Uncle Drew commercial break out during the finals: Kevin Love slowly rediscovers his game and by game 3 he and Kyrie start doing silly shit to the other team. Lebron on bench screaming "that's my uncle ya'll" or something...

34-24 Footwork
04-13-2015, 04:20 AM
Not a Lebron fan but I would rather see the more deserving player win fmvp (lebron).

Kyrie will have his moment in a few years though

So even if Kyrie outplays Lebron, you'd still rather see Lebron hoist up the finals mvp trophy? I'd personally rather see someone who stuck with the same franchise before winning a trophy hoist up the finals mvp trophy.

I vividly recall Kyrie almost effortlessly dismantle Leonard and the Spurs a few weeks ago. The same Spurs that only allowed Lebron 27ppg. Although it was an "efficient" 27.

JebronLames
04-13-2015, 04:26 AM
Both are equally bad

:applause: :bowdown:

Cocaine80s
04-13-2015, 04:29 AM
So even if Kyrie outplays Lebron, you'd still rather see Lebron hoist up the finals mvp trophy? I'd personally rather see someone who stuck with the same franchise before winning a trophy hoist up the finals mvp trophy.

I vividly recall Kyrie almost effortlessly dismantle Leonard and the Spurs a few weeks ago. The same Spurs that only allowed Lebron 27ppg. Although it was an "efficient" 27.
Again, speaking as an objective Cavaliers fan i would rather see Lebron win fmvp

34-24 Footwork
04-13-2015, 04:31 AM
Again, speaking as an objective Cavaliers fan i would rather see Lebron win fmvp

Implying that you'd rather see the Cavs lose instead of Kyrie outplaying Lebron and winning a finals mvp implies that you aren't nearly objective as you think.

Asukal
04-13-2015, 04:34 AM

A: Lebron putting up insane numbers 41/8/6 on 60%TS but losing the finals to the spurs because Kyrie choked some crucial FTs in game 7

B: Lebron is playing average finals, but the Cavs win in 7. Kyrie gets fMVP because he made some crucial plays in close 4 quarter games and is the Batman to LeRobin

Both will not happen because:

A. Bran is beta

B. He will sabotage Kyrie's FMVP by letting his team lose ala 2011

:hammerhead:

Cocaine80s
04-13-2015, 04:37 AM
Implying that you'd rather see the Cavs lose instead of Kyrie outplaying Lebron and winning a finals mvp implies that you aren't nearly objective as you think.
No i would rather see Lebron outplay Kyrie and win fmvp, speaking objectively as an unbiased Cavs fan

3ball
04-13-2015, 04:38 AM

How is a massive drop-off in Lebron production going to be adequately offset by a few extra Kyrie FT's?

The question makes no sense.. If Lebron's production goes from 41/8/6 to 28/6/4 ("average"), that won't be offset by a few Kyrie FT's.

pauk
04-13-2015, 05:28 AM
A: I can see that happen... and in that case he wont get any hate from me like he didnt the last Finals vs Spurs....
I always said as long as *insert name* (it goes for anybody) performs up to his standards than there is nothing to worry about really... because the rest (those other ~10 guys) is completely out of that players hands as this is unfortunately a team game, he cant control how well those guys shoot, dribble, make decisions and play defense, this is not NBA 2K on playstation where he can control them all.... and the better team will ALWAYS win no matter where the best player/performer is located....

I cant accept only when a player underperforms / isnt agressive.... see 11' Finals... i dont know if i can even call that "underperform", i dont know what the hell that was... he just simply decided to be way to passive... and i didnt like it obviously.... 07' Finals he gets a pass, considering the circumstances and age...

B: I cant see that happen, its not impossible, but extremly unlikely.... i dont see Kyrie being able to fill in the defense/offense that will be missing of a underperforming Lebron to carry him/them to a championship, that is what will be required if Lebron underperforms, way to big of a missing puzzle of impact... not even Wade was able to do that in 11' Finals.... for them to win Lebron will have to perform up to his standards (and Kyrie will have to let Lebron do that, run the show) and if he does and still loses that means the other team was simply better and/or some of his teammates struggled way to much.... like the last Finals vs Spurs...

CONCLUSION/TL;DR: I would rather not see any of those, both are bad'ish.... but when considering that almost all those players in top 10 all-time list had such championships where they didnt win FMVP, some even had most of their championships like that (Kobe due to Shaq) and hell some where they were not even the best players at all for the entire year of those championship runs and wouldnt fully deserve FMVP anyways (Kobe due to Shaq again for example)... and all of them got boosted only UP even with such championship runs (Kobe again, Duncan, Shaq, Magic, Bird, Kareem etc.)......

Then i would say option B doesnt sound so bad at all.... although option A is more prestigious thing, preferably with a FMVP/Championship result....

sportjames23
04-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Both are equally bad

Wait, what? So, the scenario in which the Cavs win, but Kyrie wins FMVP is as bad as the Cavs losing the Finals and Lebron being 2/6?

:biggums:

Alamо
04-13-2015, 07:50 AM
Both will not happen because:

A. Bran is beta

B. He will sabotage Kyrie's FMVP by letting his team lose ala 2011

:hammerhead:

So true :roll:

retaxis
04-13-2015, 07:55 AM
You kids need to stop living vicariously through others. Its a team sport stop spending 5hrs every day reguritating ur love/hate for a basketball player:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Prometheus
04-13-2015, 10:52 AM
It's kind of crazy what has happened to the NBA-viewing public. It's like we have a portion that are real basketball fans, and are excited to watch competitive games, and then we have this large group that is mostly just interested in how the ensuing months can diminish one particular player. The world is so retardedly obsessed with this guy.

sdot_thadon
04-13-2015, 10:58 AM
It's kind of crazy what has happened to the NBA-viewing public. It's like we have a portion that are real basketball fans, and are excited to watch competitive games, and then we have this large group that is mostly just interested in how the ensuing months can diminish one particular player. The world is so retardedly obsessed with this guy.
Yeah, pretty crazy.

L.A.Showtime
04-13-2015, 11:07 AM
Both are equally bad

:lol

ISHGoat
04-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Id want to see Cavs win. 3 rings 2fmvp > 2 rings 2 fmvp.

Megabox!
04-13-2015, 11:47 AM
As a Lebron fan I don't really give a shit, as long as they win then it's fine with me

stanlove1111
04-13-2015, 12:25 PM
Both are equally bad

Please someone start banning this morons who think FMVP are all important when rating players. Way to simplistic.

What if Lebron dominates all the other series to get to the finals but Kyrie just goes off in the finals. Is anyone dumb enough to think its a knock of Lebron at all.

And here is reality for you. Lebron will be the finals mvp whether he gets the trophy or not. When giving out finals MVPs they use a handicap like golf or bowling. IF Lebron has an average series for him but Irving has a better then average series for himself they might give the trophy to Irving even though Lebron was actually the MVP. That happened to Bird in 1981 for example.

Showtime2001
04-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Please someone start banning this morons who think FMVP are all important when rating players. Way to simplistic.

What if Lebron dominates all the other series to get to the finals but Kyrie just goes off in the finals. Is anyone dumb enough to think its a knock of Lebron at all.

And here is reality for you. Lebron will be the finals mvp whether he gets the trophy or not. When giving out finals MVPs they use a handicap like golf or bowling. IF Lebron has an average series for him but Irving has a better then average series for himself they might give the trophy to Irving even though Lebron was actually the MVP. That happened to Bird in 1981 for example.
Going by Bran stan logic yes it would be a knock on LeBron.

Fudge
04-13-2015, 01:19 PM
LeBron stans would melt down so hard and contemplate suicide if B actually happened. :oldlol:

Eric Cartman
04-13-2015, 01:20 PM
Both are equally bad

Tony Parker = Dwyane Wade

Chauncey Billups > Karl Malone

Gonna be hilarious when Lebron stans change their tune when their boy wins some "sidekick" rings along Kyrie.

34-24 Footwork
04-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Watching Kyrie effortlessly man handle the Spurs was incredible...only a few months removed from Lebron averaging an "efficient" 26ppg against the very same team while getting CURB STOMPED in 5 games.

sportjames23
04-13-2015, 01:40 PM

Yup. Bron stans love it when Durant fails in the playoffs.

Showtime2001
04-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Tony Parker = Dwyane Wade

Chauncey Billups > Karl Malone

Gonna be hilarious when Lebron stans change their tune when their boy wins some "sidekick" rings along Kyrie.

Don't forget Kawhi Leonard > Charles Barkley and the new tune will be "LeBron was the real FMVP" so therefore Kyrie's FMVP's don't count.

:roll:

Hittin_Shots
04-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Neither of those players play for 2015 championship team Boston Celtics.. silly thread.