PDA

View Full Version : Remember when today's NBA stars lost to NO-TALENT teams over and over?

3ball
04-13-2015, 04:15 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/8dfa25cbab7788d1a57ee9d9f5c8bf86.gif

A team with Lebron, Wade, Carmelo, Dwight, Chris Paul and Bosh lost to Puerto Rico by 20 points, Argentina by 8, Lithuania by 4, and Greece by 6..

USA Basketball also lost to Argentina (again) by 6, Spain by 5, and Yugoslavia by 3.

:yaohappy: :kobe: :whatever: :biggums: :coleman: :durantunimpressed: :lebronamazed:

So how could today's era be better, when they lost SEVEN TIMES to no-talent teams over and over from 2002 to 2006?.. Oh I know.. because they're not better..

This flat-out PROVES that the brand of basketball learned by today's player is inferior to the brand of basketball played in previous eras - this was exposed in the unbiased, neutral playing environment of international play..

That's the best proof you can get.. :confusedshrug:

NBASTATMAN
04-13-2015, 04:21 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/8dfa25cbab7788d1a57ee9d9f5c8bf86.gif

A team with Lebron, Wade, Carmelo, Dwight, Chris Paul and Bosh lost to Puerto Rico by 20 points, Argentina by 8, Lithuania by 4, and Greece by 6..

USA Basketball also lost to Argentina (again) by 6, Spain by 5, and Yugoslavia by 3.

:yaohappy: :kobe: :whatever: :biggums: :coleman: :durantunimpressed: :lebronamazed:

So how could today's era be better, when they lost SEVEN TIMES to no-talent teams over and over from 2002 to 2006?.. Oh I know.. because they're not better..

This flat-out PROVES that the brand of basketball learned by today's player is inferior to the brand of basketball played in previous eras - this was exposed in the unbiased, neutral playing environment of international play..

:cheers:

Genaro
04-13-2015, 04:23 PM
International basketball evolved a great deal since the Barcelona Olympics.
USA between 02-06 kept sending 2nd tier talent, bad coached and not entire familiarized with the FIBA rules to play against others countries best personnel.

When the stars back to care about international competition and they brought coaches to help them to prepare properly, USA dominated again.

iTare
04-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Why don't you give a single mention of the ass whoopings they've handed the world these last few tournaments? I'll tell you why, your parents hate you so you take it out on the sanity of these forums. Kill yourself, please.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Why don't you give a single mention of the ass whoopings they've handed the world these last few tournaments? I'll tell you why, your parents hate you so you take it out on the sanity of these forums. Kill yourself, please.

:lebronamazed:

3ball getting bodied.

Springsteen
04-13-2015, 04:30 PM

:roll:

oarabbus
04-13-2015, 04:45 PM

:lol

ISHGoat
04-13-2015, 04:49 PM

Dayum ***** went in hard

this should be the response to every 3ball post from now on.

kennethgriffin
04-13-2015, 04:49 PM
meanwhile kobe bryant = 2 olympic gold medals ( tied for all time record win% with 1.000% ) - undefeated in international competition ( 3 gold medals overall )

LOL@ flunkan, fade, bran

TiagoSimoes
04-13-2015, 04:51 PM

Cold blooded

Nash
04-13-2015, 04:51 PM
:djparty

YouGotServed
04-13-2015, 05:15 PM

:roll: :roll:

BasedTom
04-13-2015, 05:17 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/466/680/b0e.gif

RIP 3ball

Euroleague
04-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Team USA also lost to Italy in that time. Don't forget that one.

They also only beat Lithuania in 2000 because of luck and ref help.

Also, GTFO with "no talent" teams............

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Jameerthefear
04-13-2015, 05:21 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

kennethgriffin
04-13-2015, 05:22 PM
Team USA also lost to Italy in that time. Don't forget that one.

Also, GTFO with "no talent" teams............

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

euroleague.. considering how high you place international competition/talent

wouldn't you agree that kobes undefeated record is that much more impressive considering the same teams minus him were getting a*ss raped in jail multiple times before that

No_Look604
04-13-2015, 05:30 PM
Lebron's impact and influence :bowdown: His bich-assness is spreading like a wild fire....

Just kidding, the majority of NBA players can't sand this muhfocker, they don't respect him as a man and they root for him to FAIL every gift-wrapped playoffs.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-13-2015, 05:30 PM
Euroleague, iTare's post applies to you as well.

Euroleague
04-13-2015, 05:33 PM
euroleague.. considering how high you place international competition/talent

wouldn't you agree that kobes undefeated record is that much more impressive considering the same teams minus him were getting a*ss raped in jail multiple times before that

In 2007 it is meaningless. That is a joke tournament and even Argentina sent a B team. Brazil had an awful team back then.

However, in 2008 give 100% full credit to Kobe. Team USA was choking down the stretch as usual, and LeChoke had that deer in the headlights look on his face at the end of the game.

Then Kobe made that big 4 point play at the end of the game. Without Kobe LeChoke and company would have choked yet another game away.

2012 I think was more due to Durant. Kobe didn't do much. But yeah, 2008 was definitely a result of Kobe.

RightToCensor
04-13-2015, 05:37 PM
In 2007 it is meaningless. That is a joke tournament and even Argentina sent a B team. Brazil had an awful team back then.

However, in 2008 give 100% full credit to Kobe. Team USA was choking down the stretch as usual, and LeChoke had that deer in the headlights look on his face at the end of the game.

Then Kobe made that big 4 point play at the end of the game. Without Kobe LeChoke and company would have choked yet another game away.

2012 I think was more due to Durant. Kobe didn't do much. But yeah, 2008 was definitely a result of Kobe.
http://adamjwhitlatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

iTare
04-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Euroleague, iTare's post applies to you as well.
100%.

Rose'sACL
04-13-2015, 07:37 PM

no one cares about any tournament other than olympics and they lost in olympics because team had rookies and a coach who didn't trust those rookies.
it wasn't carmelo or lebron's fault that they lost. those rookies didn't even get much playing time. how can you blame them? are you an idiot?
it was clearly a coaching and team composition fault that they lost.

DonDadda59
04-13-2015, 07:41 PM
You just opened old wounds. That was a dark time for this country. The ultimate national embarrassment. Good thing the Redeem Team barely survived Spain in '08.

Smoke117
04-13-2015, 07:44 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

24-Inch_Chrome
04-13-2015, 07:46 PM
100%.

:cheers:

3ball
04-14-2015, 12:29 AM
The fact that the NBA's very best got destroyed by Euroleague talent flat-out proves that the brand of basketball learned by Wade, Lebron and the like is an inferior brand of basketball.

This is why I can't respect what anyone did in the NBA during this time period, because it was proven to not be the best basketball in the world.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-14-2015, 12:36 AM

Still relevant.

:yaohappy:

3ball
04-14-2015, 12:41 AM
Still relevant.

:yaohappy:

Agreed - that era couldn't even beat Euroleague - literally, not joking.

The international drubbings proved that this time period was by far the weakest and lowest the NBA has ever been - virtually ALL eras are vastly superior to that era.

Therefore, all stats and accomplishments by NBA players around that time period should be viewed as less impressive and inferior to other eras, because as the international drubbing proved - it WAS inferior.. vastly.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-14-2015, 12:45 AM
Agreed - that era couldn't even beat Euroleague - literally, not joking.

The international drubbings proved that this time period was by far the weakest and lowest the NBA has ever been - virtually ALL eras are vastly superior to that era.

Therefore, all stats and accomplishments by NBA players around that time period should be viewed as less impressive and inferior to other eras, because as the international drubbing proved - it WAS inferior.. vastly.

I think you've got a legitimate learning disability. You somehow equate

to the mess of garbage you posted above. Get help.

plowking
04-14-2015, 12:47 AM
Wasn't the 92 Dream Team down to Croatia at one point in the final game?

Imagine if they had to face a full strength Yugoslavia...

DonDadda59
04-14-2015, 12:56 AM
For some reason I'll never figure out, Carlos Arroyo used to STYLE on Team USA back then. Muhphucka was literally unstoppable. I remember being excited about seeing him in the NBA, turned out to be an average player at his absolute best. Putting on that Puerto Rico Jersey endowed him with super powers.

The_Yearning
04-14-2015, 01:05 AM
For some reason I'll never figure out, Carlos Arroyo used to STYLE on Team USA back then. Muhphucka was literally unstoppable. I remember being excited about seeing him in the NBA, turned out to be an average player at his absolute best. Putting on that Puerto Rico Jersey endowed him with super powers.

It's the same thing in soccer... certain nikkas just go super saiyan when they're repping their country.

3ball
04-14-2015, 02:08 AM

Carlos had to hold back in the NBA - in systems where he had free reign (overseas), his played like Kyrie Irving (elite handle) and was perceived as a high scoring PG.

He dominated overseas competition, just like you would expect an NBA player to do, even a backup.. That's what makes the Team USA losing to Euroleague (less than Carlos) 7 different times amazing.. It shows how bad the league was at the time - bad enough to lose to Euroleague (less than Carlos) 7 times.

The 7 losses to Euroleague (less than Carlos) definitively proves that the NBA's weakest era was from 2002-2006 and around that time.. I'm not sure how else to look at it.

Im Still Ballin
04-14-2015, 02:14 AM
Remember when the league was infused with multiple expansion teams that effectively diluted the talent in the league?

90's

warriorfan
04-14-2015, 02:16 AM
Remember when the league was infused with multiple expansion teams that effectively diluted the talent in the league?

90's

they could still field a team that wouldn't shit the bed vs weak international competition

Im Still Ballin
04-14-2015, 02:21 AM
You miss the point dum dum

The talent from those losing teams and the winning ones later on is a marginal difference

It takes a team to win. Not individuals. The international game leans towards this. The current NBA is much more closer to this than the Illegal defense era was where the game was much more isolation and one dimentional offenses feeding off handicapped defenses

3ball
04-14-2015, 02:36 AM
The talent from those losing teams and the winning ones later on is a marginal difference

It takes a team to win.

The NBA had the best talent (1st Team All-NBA > Euroleague), so the reason they repeatedly lost is because the brand of basketball learned and played by American players was THAT much inferior, that it sufficiently offset the massive talent gap.

The inferior brand of basketball displayed proved that era was the weakest the NBA has ever been, by far.. Accordingly, all players and stats from that era should be looked upon through this appropriate lense.

iamgine
04-14-2015, 02:53 AM
Who is 3ball trying to convince? :confusedshrug:

ClipperRevival
04-14-2015, 02:58 AM
Wasn't the 92 Dream Team down to Croatia at one point in the final game?

Imagine if they had to face a full strength Yugoslavia...

Maybe like 2-0. Lol. Their margin of victory was some ridiculous number. Like 45.

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 07:44 PM
This is why I can't respect what anyone did in the NBA during this time period, because it was proven to not be the best basketball in the world.

So again, why are you choosing to avoid that 2000 USA only beat Lithuania by pure luck and ref help?

3ball
04-14-2015, 07:47 PM
So again, why are you choosing to avoid that 2000 USA only beat Lithuania by pure luck and ref help?
You're right - truthfully, 2000-2008 was either embarrassing losses over and over to comparatively no-talent teams, or close-escapes versus said no-talent teams..

That's how bad the NBA's brand of basketball was - it was so bad, that it was enough to more than offset the massive talent advantage the US had.

It's probably one of the biggest talent advantages any team in any sport has ever had, yet the brand of basketball played was so bad, that it more than offset this GOAT talent gap.

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 07:49 PM
Carlos had to hold back in the NBA - in systems where he had free reign (overseas), his played like Kyrie Irving (elite handle) and was perceived as a high scoring PG.

He dominated overseas competition, just like you would expect an NBA player to do, even a backup.. That's what makes the Team USA losing to Euroleague (less than Carlos) 7 different times amazing.. It shows how bad the league was at the time - bad enough to lose to Euroleague (less than Carlos) 7 times.

The 7 losses to Euroleague (less than Carlos) definitively proves that the NBA's weakest era was from 2002-2006 and around that time.. I'm not sure how else to look at it.

WTF are you talking about?

Arroyo has never been anything more than a decent point guard in Euroleague. God damn why are you trolling like this?

I always agree with what you say here for the most part about the NBA, but your posts about international basketball are absolutely appalling.

Arroyo spent years in Europe and never did a damn thing. If anything he had a much better NBA career. Or are you trying to claim here that playing for a joke team like Besiktas and another joke team like Galatasarray was "domination" in Europe?

I mean seriously....what in the freaking hell are you smoking? He was playing in the like two of the biggest, hell maybe THE two biggest joke clubs in the continent of Europe.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Troll battle incoming. Euroleague v 3ball. The short-buses collide.

iamgine
04-14-2015, 07:59 PM
Let the battle begin!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md13h3vcsi1rp73x6o1_1280.jpg

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:00 PM
You're right - truthfully, 2000-2008 was either embarrassing losses over and over to comparatively no-talent teams, or close-escapes versus said no-talent teams..

That's how bad the NBA's brand of basketball was - it was so bad, that it was enough to more than offset the massive talent advantage the US had.

It's probably one of the biggest talent advantages any team in any sport has ever had, yet the brand of basketball played was so bad, that it more than offset this GOAT talent gap.

I usually agree with what you say about NBA stuff, but where in the hell do you get this "no talent teams" idea about the international teams?

So you are telling me that for example 2002 Serbia, or 2002 Argentina, or 2004 Argentina, or 2002 Spain, or 2004 Italy, or specifically I would say the best team that beat USA depth wise was 2006 Greece - that these are "no talent" teams?

How in the hell are you getting the idea in your head that these are no talent teams?

How many drugs are you doing on a daily basis? Good god.

It's one thing when these 12 year olds like Milbuck and qrich talk this kind of bullshit here, but for some like you to say it is absolutely absurd.

You are talking about teams, with 12 guys that can easily play in NBA rotations and in the better teams, some of them are the at the level of best European teams of all history.

You are talking about teams that would absolutely annihilate any NBA champion team in a 7 game series. And you are calling them a "no talent team".

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:01 PM

And you can burn in hell where you belong.

FOREVER.

IGNORE LIST.

tpols
04-14-2015, 08:01 PM

Why would only those guys represent 2002 to 2006 nba era? Where's kobe and garnett?, shaq, kidd, nash, dirk, all missing that was like a B team at the time lol. It doesnt say anything about the 2000s era nba.

3ball
04-14-2015, 08:02 PM
He was playing in the like two of the biggest, hell maybe THE two biggest joke clubs in the continent of Europe.

We don't know why he was playing for lesser teams - maybe he got a special contract - that happens a lot, where a crappy team pays a ton to have an NBA player on their team.. The NBA player happily takes the extra, above-market money.

Regardless - the NBA's very best, 1st Team All-NBA talent lost to Euroleague talent 7 different times.. It's probably one of the biggest talent advantages any team has ever had in any sport, yet the brand of basketball played was SO bad, that it more than offset this GOAT talent gap.. This proved it was the weakest era ever in the NBA - the NBA had sunk to Euroleague levels.. literally .. :confusedshrug:

Megabox!
04-14-2015, 08:03 PM
:lol

24-Inch_Chrome
04-14-2015, 08:05 PM

FOREVER.

IGNORE LIST.

Negged. :yaohappy:

24-Inch_Chrome
04-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Why would only those guys represent 2002 to 2006 nba era? Where's kobe and garnett?, shaq, kidd, nash, dirk, all missing that was like a B team at the time lol. It doesnt say anything about the 2000s era nba.

Read the Wikipedia article on the United States Men's Basketball Team, it has a lot of information that 3ball omits. There's so much more to the situation than he chose to include (certain players sitting out, lack of superstars/experience in some years, the development of European stars in the NBA).

Nash is Canadian. :lol

DonDadda59
04-14-2015, 08:08 PM

Team USA. Dem boys ain't murrican. :crazysam:

G0ATbe
04-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Not when Godbe was on the team.:pimp:

Smoke117

FOREVER.

IGNORE LIST.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_matcekFz4v1r270ozo1_250.gif

3ball
certain players sitting out, lack of superstars/experience in some years, the development of European stars in the NBA.

Lack of superstars?.. Lebron, Wade, CP3, Dwight, Melo, and Bosh ALL PLAYED - just face it - the NBA's very best, 1st Team All-NBA talent lost to Euroleague talent 7 different times.

It's probably one of the biggest talent advantages any team has ever had in any sport, yet the brand of basketball played was SO bad, that it more than offset this GOAT talent gap.. This proved it was the NBA's weakest era ever, by far - the NBA had sunk to Euroleague levels.. literally..

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:10 PM
We don't know why he was playing for lesser teams - maybe he got a special contract - that happens a lot, where a crappy team pays a ton to have an NBA player on their team.. The NBA player happily takes the extra, above-market money.

Regardless - the NBA's very best, 1st Team All-NBA talent lost to Euroleague talent 7 different times.. That's how bad the NBA's brand of basketball was - it was so bad, that it was enough to more than offset the massive talent advantage the US had.

It's probably one of the biggest talent advantages any team has ever had in any sport, yet the brand of basketball played was SO bad, that it more than offset this GOAT talent gap.. :confusedshrug:

Can you explain to me what is "Euroleague talent". Because all I see is this claim of "no talent teams".

Yet all those teams USA lost to, except Puerto Rico in 2004 would pretty much be stacked full of NBA level players and the European ones would be dismantling most NBA champions, with the really good ones absolutely destroying any NBA champion in complete annihilation.

Yet you are calling them "no talent".

So I guess "Euroleague talent" means someone with "no talent" simply because he does not play in the NBA, even if they are in a team good enough to wipe the floor of an NBA champion team.

I mean what the hell kind of logic are you using?

You can take any NBA champion and they will get completely destroyed by 20-30 points every single game by even average European national teams.

Team USA did not lose to "no talent teams".

Just be thankful Team USA never has to play a Team Europe or a Team World like the Nike Hoops Summit format is in, or now the rookie sophomore game is in.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-14-2015, 08:10 PM
None of your weak arguments change the facts - the NBA's very best, 1st Team All-NBA talent lost to Euroleague talent 7 different times.

It's probably one of the biggest talent advantages any team has ever had in any sport, yet the brand of basketball played was SO bad, that it more than offset this GOAT talent gap.. This proved it was the weakest era ever in the NBA - the NBA had sunk to Euroleague levels.. literally..

When did I saw it was my argument? I simply pointed out that there was more to the situation than you chose to let on. Just trying to provide the context you excluded. :confusedshrug:

Seriously though, everyone, let's stop posting and let the short-bus kids duke it out.

3ball
04-14-2015, 08:13 PM

Why are you embarrassing yourself?

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:14 PM
Read the Wikipedia article on the United States Men's Basketball Team, it has a lot of information that 3ball omits. There's so much more to the situation than he chose to include (certain players sitting out, lack of superstars/experience in some years, the development of European stars in the NBA).

Greece did not have a single NBA player on their team when they beat USA in 2006. Anyone can make up bullshit and pass it off as "fact" on Wikipedia if enough other editors are also backing that bullshit up as "fact".

I'm not sure, but I don't think Argentina had a single NBA player on their team when they beat USA in 2002 either.

I could probably go through all of those 7 losses one by one and find several such examples.

3ball
04-14-2015, 08:15 PM
A lot of delusion and denial itt.. :facepalm

3ball
04-14-2015, 08:15 PM

Why are you trying to deny how much better Lebron, Wade, CP3, Dwight, Melo, Bosh are - NOTHING you can say about Euroleague is going to change the fact that the US had an utterly massive talent gap on the field.

It's probably one of the biggest talent advantages any team has ever had in any sport, yet the brand of basketball played was SO bad, that it more than offset this GOAT talent gap.. This proved it was the weakest era ever in the NBA - the NBA had sunk to Euroleague levels.. literally..

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:16 PM

And now I know why you are so incredibly hated and loathed in this forum...

And to think I have been defending you here for a long time.

:rolleyes:

24-Inch_Chrome
04-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Greece did not have a single NBA player on their team when the beat USA in 2006. Anyone can make up bullshit and pass it off as "fact" on Wikipedia if enough other editors are also backing that bullshit up as "fact".

I thought I was on your ignore list. :confusedshrug:

I didn't mention Greece, I was speaking generally. Manu, Pau, Divac, Stojakovic were the four stars listed in the relevant section.

That's my last post here, you guys can get at each other.

3ball
04-14-2015, 08:21 PM
And now I know why you are so incredibly hated and loathed in this forum...

And to think I have been defending you here for a long time.

:rolleyes:

you're the one trying to argue that euroleague talent should be able to hang with the NBA's very best - lebron, wade, cp3, bosh, melo, and dwight.

i'm just setting you straight.. that's all.

that's probably the biggest talent advantage any team has ever had in any sport, yet the brand of basketball played was SO bad, that it more than offset this GOAT talent gap..

This proved it was the weakest era ever in the NBA - the NBA had sunk to Euroleague levels.. literally..

Smoke117
04-14-2015, 08:23 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/u4styZNRWqR0Y/giphy.gif

Heavincent
04-14-2015, 08:24 PM
Euroleague vs 3 ball?

http://i.imgur.com/n7FKe3e.gif

97 bulls
04-14-2015, 08:24 PM
The 1992 Croatian National team was damn good. Petrovic, Radja, Kukoc, Tabak, Varankovic were all NBA players. Hell they couldve had Divac as well. How much did the Dream Team beat them by?

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:27 PM
I thought I was on your ignore list. :confusedshrug:

I didn't mention Greece, I was speaking generally. Manu, Pau, Divac, Stojakovic were the four stars listed in the relevant section.

That's my last post here, you guys can get at each other.

Manu was not even playing in the NBA when Argentina beat USA the first time. That was my point. USA lost to Argentina with no NBA players and lost to Greece with no NBA players and probably lost to other teams with no NBA players.

I don't recall for example Lithuania or Italy having any NBA players when they beat USA. I might be wrong.......

But going by memory, that could be four teams just right there with no NBA players that beat USA.

So the point is that anyone can edit something on Wikipedia in order to skew and manipulate opinion and make people think whatever they want them to. Even though it is not actually true.

And obviously it works.

Point being, a lot of people can't stand the idea that teams with 12 non NBA players beat teams of 12 NBA players. This thread proves that, and just the whole idea of Wikipedia being edited trying to cover that up further proves that.

Even people not even being aware that even happened, further proves that.

But then for 3ball to pretend that the ONLY reason teams of 12 non NBA players beat teams of 12 NBA players is due to "inferior basketball", because the non NBA players are "no talent teams" is completely ridiculous.

yeah sure, and I guess that's also why USA needed ref help TWICE in 2008 and 2012 to beat Spain.

Guess he is going to have to change it to 2000-2012 then as "worst era of basketball ever". Because TRUTH is USA only really beat Spain in 2008 and 2012 because the refs helped them. Strangely though he never once mentions that in his little theory.

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:29 PM
you're the one trying to argue that euroleague talent should be able to hang with the NBA's very best - lebron, wade, cp3, bosh, melo, and dwight.

i'm just setting you straight.. that's all.

that's probably the biggest talent advantage any team has ever had in any sport, yet the brand of basketball played was SO bad, that it more than offset this GOAT talent gap..

This proved it was the weakest era ever in the NBA - the NBA had sunk to Euroleague levels.. literally..

I now know why everyone hates you so much. I apologize to everyone here that says you are such a troll and a SOB and that I said you were a decent poster.

Also, IGNORE LIST.

Damn, you really are an a-hole.

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:30 PM
The 1992 Croatian National team was damn good. Petrovic, Radja, Kukoc, Tabak, Varankovic were all NBA players. Hell they couldve had Divac as well. How much did the Dream Team beat them by?

It's nowhere near as good as the better European national teams of today. take today's Croatia for example. Just considered maybe top 5 in Europe, and has not won jack shit for many years. Did not even make it out of group stage at World Cup even.

Today's Croatia would destroy that team. I don't think Tabak and Vrankovic could even make the roster of their team now.

DonDadda59
04-14-2015, 08:36 PM

A lot :(

It's nowhere near as good as the better European national teams of today.

Petrovic, Radja, Kukoc were on that team. All NBA star level players. They won Silver in '92. The 2012 team didn't even qualify.

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:40 PM
A lot :(

Petrovic, Radja, Kukoc were on that team. All NBA star level players. They won Silver in '92. The 2012 team didn't even qualify.

This is trolling to unbelievable level. WTF is your point?

So you are saying European basketball was better in 1992 than it is now?

GTFO

Croatian team of now would beat them by 20 points EASILY.

And current Croatian team would have off top of my head like 8 NBA players you freaking idiot.

And playing in the NBA or not has absolutely NOTHING to do with judging the worth of a player. Believe it or not can play in Europe and be a good player too moron.

You just got added to the ignore list also.

My god, some of the clowns in this thread are unreal. lol at still living in 1992......

3ball
04-14-2015, 08:41 PM
Guess he is going to have to change it to 2000-2012 then as "worst era of basketball ever". Because TRUTH is USA only really beat Spain in 2008 and 2012 because the refs helped them.

You're right - 2000-2012 is the weakest era ever.

(although since about 2011 give or take a year, it's been a little better - basically, teams finally started using optimal strategy given the rule structure, but it took teams 6-7 years to get up the learning curve since the introduction of the rules in 2005).

But here's the point: Anytime a team doesn't defeat their opponent by a margin commensurate with the gap in talent, it's due to an inferior brand of basketball and skill level at playing the game from both individual and team standpoints.

The USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage.. That proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced.

DonDadda59
04-14-2015, 08:45 PM

GTFO

And current Croatian team would have off top of my head like 8 NBA players you freaking idiot.

And playing in the NBA or not has absolutely NOTHING to do with judging the worth of a player. Believe it or not can play in Europe and be a good player too moron.

My god, some of the clowns in this thread are unreal.

Come on now... You couldn't name a single member of the Croatian team off the top of your head right now. I doubt a team as talented as the '92 squad is losing to a bunch of nobodies who didn't even qualify for the last Olympics.

And why are you so sensitive about this issue? Pretty sure this is the first interaction we've ever had and already I'm on the ignore list? :biggums:

That time of the month?

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Come on now... You couldn't name a single member of the Croatian team off the top of your head right now. I doubt a team as talented as the '92 squad is losing to a bunch of nobodies who didn't even qualify for the last Olympics.

And why are you so sensitive about this issue? Pretty sure this is the first interaction we've ever had and already I'm on the ignore list? :biggums:

That time of the month?

You are now officially the biggest troll in this thread and THAT is really an accomplishment.

DonDadda59
04-14-2015, 08:49 PM
You are now officially the biggest troll in this thread and THAT is really an accomplishment.

Do I get like a plaque or something? :confusedshrug:

3ball
04-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Guess he is going to have to change it to 2000-2012 then as "worst era of basketball ever". Because TRUTH is USA only really beat Spain in 2008 and 2012 because the refs helped them.

But here's the point: Anytime a team doesn't defeat their opponent by a margin commensurate with the gap in talent, it's due to an inferior brand of basketball and skill level at playing the game from both individual and team standpoints.

The USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage.. That proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced.

You can call me names for saying the above, but you can't refute it logically or legitimately.

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:51 PM
Do I get like a plaque or something? :confusedshrug:

"Could not name a single player on Croatia's national team".

"They could not possibly beat the team from 1992".

etc.

You are either the biggest troll in this thread by leaps and bounds, or you have a sub 65 IQ.

Euroleague
04-14-2015, 08:51 PM

You can call me names for saying the above, but you can't refute it logically or legitimately.

Sure I can. You are obviously insane. That's that.

3ball
04-14-2015, 08:54 PM
Sure I can. You are obviously insane. That's that.

And you're in meltdown.. that's that... C-lo always did rustle the jimmies... :yaohappy:

97 bulls
04-14-2015, 08:58 PM

GTFO

My god, some of the clowns in this thread are unreal. lol at still living in 1992......
Don't guess off the top of your head, how many players on the Croatian National team are actually playing in the NBA?

DonDadda59
04-14-2015, 08:58 PM
"Could not name a single player on Croatia's national team".

Pretty sure you couldn't without looking it up first.

"They could not possibly beat the team from 1992".

Don't put words in my mouth :mad:

You are either the biggest troll in this thread by leaps and bounds, or you have a sub 65 IQ.

You are more sensitive than a 5 year old girl. And it doesn't look like you know how to work that ignore list.

97 bulls
04-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Pretty sure you couldn't without looking it up first.

Don't put words in my mouth :mad:

You are more sensitive than a 5 year old girl. And it doesn't look like you know how to work that ignore list.
Lol

dubeta
04-14-2015, 09:06 PM
3ball - Euroleague troll war

We've been waiting months for this :applause:

FKAri
04-14-2015, 09:32 PM
In conclusion:
MJ is a poor man's Tony Allen.

3ball
04-14-2015, 10:03 PM
In conclusion:

The USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage.. Their 7 losses with 1st-Team All-NBA talent to Euroleague talent from 2002-2006 proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced.

fixed

24-Inch_Chrome
04-14-2015, 10:05 PM
I'm a f*ggot

Fixed.

SouBeachTalents
04-14-2015, 10:13 PM
fixed

Your All-NBA 1st team talent theory is busted since all those players had a combined ONE 1st team selection at the time, with LeBron making his first in 2006. So just because they became All-NBA first team later on, doesn't mean they were of that caliber at the time. And :lol at anyone who thinks the mid 2000's, with the likes of Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, Dirk, KG, Wade had worse talent than the mid to late 70's. '02-'06 >>> '75-'79

MiseryCityTexas
04-14-2015, 10:27 PM
The 72-10 Bulls used to lose to Damon Stodumire's Toronto Raptors, and Big Country Bryant Reeves's Grizzlies, so this shit is nothing new.

3ball
04-14-2015, 10:30 PM
some misinformation itt

3ball
04-14-2015, 10:36 PM
just because they became All-NBA first team later on, doesn't mean they were of that caliber at the time.

The 2004 and 2006 teams were full of All-NBA players, including Wade, Lebron, Duncan, Iverson, Carmelo, Amare Stoudemire, Elton Brand, Shawn Marion and more.. the thread cliffs can't be refuted:

The USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage.. Their 7 losses with All-NBA talent versus Euroleague talent from 2002-2006 proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced... :confusedshrug:

MiseryCityTexas
04-14-2015, 10:43 PM
Seriously the talent pool during the early to mid to late 2000s was overrated as shit. The Shaq and Kobe Lakers lost to the Detroit Pistons. That team only had one superstar caliber player (Chauncy Billups). Lebron and Dwight Howard both single handedly taken both of their teams to the NBA finals because the eastern conference was really that bad during the early to mid 2000s. Kg's Celtics would have easily won one, or two more championships if it weren't for Lebron leaving for Miami. Lebron joining Miami actually helped the NBA more than it hurt it. the Spurs are in their mid to late 30s/early 40s, and they're still a top quality playoff/championship contending team.:facepalm

SouBeachTalents
04-14-2015, 10:43 PM
The 2004 and 2006 teams were full of All-NBA players, including Wade, Lebron, Duncan, Iverson, and more.. the thread cliffs can't be refuted:

The USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage.. Their 7 losses with All-NBA talent versus Euroleague talent from 2002-2006 proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced... :confusedshrug:

I was referring to this post

Lack of superstars?.. Lebron, Wade, CP3, Dwight, Melo, and Bosh ALL PLAYED - just face it - the NBA's very best, 1st Team All-NBA talent lost to Euroleague talent 7 different times.

Which would be wrong, since like I said, only one of those players made an All-NBA first team, and LeBron only made it in that timespan in 2006. Wade, CP3 and Dwight were 2-3 seasons away from making it, and Melo and Bosh never have

3ball
04-14-2015, 10:52 PM
Which would be wrong, since like I said, only one of those players made an All-NBA first team, and LeBron only made it in that timespan in 2006. Wade, CP3 and Dwight were 2-3 seasons away from making it, and Melo and Bosh never have
I guess you have to defend the era you like, but I'd be embarrassed to like this era, since it can't even dominate the Euroleague, and actually loses to them repeatedly.

Here's the full list of All-NBA players from the 2004 and 2006 teams: Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire, Elton Brand, Shawn Marion, Stephon Marbury.

THREAD CLIFFS: The USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage.. Their 7 losses with All-NBA talent versus Euroleague talent from 2002-2006 proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced.

SouBeachTalents
04-14-2015, 10:56 PM
I guess you have to defend the era you like, but I'd be embarrassed to like this era, since it can't even dominate the Euroleague, and actually loses to them repeatedly.

Here's the full list of All-NBA players from the 2004 and 2006 teams: Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire, Elton Brand, Shawn Marion, Stephon Marbury.

THREAD CLIFFS: The USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage.. Their 7 losses with All-NBA talent versus Euroleague talent from 2002-2006 proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced.

Lol, it has nothing to do with defending an era, it has to do with correcting a blatantly incorrect statement that was made

Dr.J4ever
04-14-2015, 10:56 PM
The 2004 and 2006 teams were full of All-NBA players, including Wade, Lebron, Duncan, Iverson, and more.. the thread cliffs can't be refuted:

I hate to interrupt this long awaited battle of trolls in this thread, but I just can't resist it.:roll:

You actually have a little bit of a point here. However, you will not agree with me for the reasons.

First, international basketball has grown tremendously in both talent and tactics since the 1992 dream team days. Most people will acknowledge this. When you don't, you just show you don't really follow international ball.

Second, yes, 2002 to 2006 were weaker eras in the NBA, in COMPARISON to INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL, not to previous eras. This is the era when the NBA found out how iso ball and post up ball can't get it done in Fiba competition. Our team in '04 was built around Duncan, AI, and Marbury. Wade, Lebron, and Melo had really nothing to do with those teams. In '04, we played just like previous so-called dream teams did, but got our asses handed to us. It was an eye opener for me, and that's when I realized old style NBA ball has been surpassed. For me, it changed the league to what it is today.

Coach K came in and started to change it in '06(very few postups and isos from the top of the key usually to take advantage of the zone), and we dominated, but were shocked by a very good Greece, because we didn't even know who their players were and their strengths. BTW, we demolished Argentina in the Bronze game. Since then, however, with more team play, shooting, and players more used to zones and international style of play because the NBA is playing more and more like Fiba, the US dominance has grown even more culminating in last year's destruction of Fiba teams in the Worlds.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-14-2015, 11:30 PM
You actually have a little bit of a point here. However, you will not agree with me for the reasons.

First, international basketball has grown tremendously in both talent and tactics since the 1992 dream team days. Most people will acknowledge this. When you don't, you just show you don't really follow international ball.

Second, yes, 2002 to 2006 were weaker eras in the NBA, in COMPARISON to INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL, not to previous eras. This is the era when the NBA found out how iso ball and post up ball can't get it done in Fiba competition. Our team in '04 was built around Duncan, AI, and Marbury. Wade, Lebron, and Melo had really nothing to do with those teams. In '04, we played just like previous so-called dream teams did, but got our asses handed to us. It was an eye opener for me, and that's when I realized old style NBA ball has been surpassed. For me, it changed the league to what it is today.

Coach K came in and started to change it in '06(very few postups and isos from the top of the key usually to take advantage of the zone), and we dominated, but were shocked by a very good Greece, because we didn't even know who their players were and their strengths. BTW, we demolished Argentina in the Bronze game. Since then, however, with more team play, shooting, and players more used to zones and international style of play because the NBA is playing more and more like Fiba, the US dominance has grown even more culminating in last year's destruction of Fiba teams in the Worlds.

You're partially correct. Team USA did change the way they played and prepared (the practices were more rigorous along with the study of game film), but a lot of that had to with the better/growing talent overseas.

The style of play in which the 2004 and 2006 teams played was fine though; they really just had a bad combination of youth, selfishness, and were unfortunate in missing key guys (Vince/Kobe/TMac/Shaq/Garnett/Webber/Kidd; the best players in the nba at the time).

You bring in some of those dude's, and Team USA wins both years. Fact is, though, the best players in the league not wanting to play overseas in these tournaments became status quo up until 2007. Now that the states are actually preparing for essential exhibition matches, it doesn't really matter who we put out there. The rest of the world doesn't stand a chance. Not for a while at least.

3ball
04-14-2015, 11:45 PM
This is the era when the NBA found out how iso ball and post up ball can't get it done in Fiba competition.

Oh okay - so you don't think Jordan, Bird and Magic would have beaten Carlos Arroyo's Puerto Rico because the Puerto Ricans had figured out how to beat iso-ball?

You're not good at trolling bro... Practice in another thread.. :rolleyes:

Dr.J4ever
04-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Oh okay - so you don't think Jordan, Bird and Magic would have beaten Carlos Arroyo's Puerto Rico because the Puerto Ricans had figured out how to beat iso-ball?

You're not good at trolling bro... Practice in another thread.

Let me help you out - you can't make a post where you imply that Jordan, Magic, Bird, Stockton, and Malone just played iso-ball all day - that makes it sound like you don't know shit... Of course, if I remember correctly, you're the guy that thinks teams in previous eras put 4 players behind the 3-point line to isolate, even though that virtually never happened, and that's actually what happens TODAY on every possession.

Not a shocker that we don't agree.:lol

No one ever thought that building a team around one of the NBA's best bigs ever and top 10 GOAT potentially in Duncan and pairing him with one of the best scoring guards in NBA history in AI would lose to Carlos Arroyo. What history has proven is that in one game, a team of individual stars can lose to a real team given the right circumstances.

Also, I don't know how much real 80s ball you watched, but teams in the 80s would OCCASIONALLY try to expose illegal defensive schemes by bringing out bigs from the paint to make it apparent. This absolutely happened because I was there and I saw it first hand. Deal with it.

3ball
04-15-2015, 12:25 AM
No one ever thought that building a team around one of the NBA's best bigs ever and top 10 GOAT potentially in Duncan and pairing him with one of the best scoring guards in NBA history in AI would lose to Carlos Arroyo.

What history has proven is that in one game, a team of individual stars can lose to a real team given the right circumstances.

It wasn't just one game.. It was SEVEN games where Euroleague talent defeated the NBA's best, on the biggest stage where it mattered most - the world stage.

The USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage.. Their 7 losses with All-NBA talent versus Euroleague talent from 2002-2006 proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced.

Also, I don't know how much real 80s ball you watched, but teams in the 80s would OCCASIONALLY try to expose illegal defensive schemes by bringing out bigs from the paint to make it apparent. This absolutely happened because I was there and I saw it first hand. Deal with it.

When you have to point out exceptions to the norm, you make my point.. deal with it.

Kvnzhangyay
04-15-2015, 12:27 AM
It wasn't just one game.. It was SEVEN games where Euroleague talent defeated the NBA's best, on the biggest stage where it mattered most - the world stage.

The USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage.. Their 7 losses with All-NBA talent versus Euroleague talent from 2002-2006 proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced.

When you have to point out exceptions to the norm, you make my point.. deal with it.

You cannot prove that statement. You can only convince yourself

Dr.J4ever
04-15-2015, 12:43 AM

About the brand of basketball, I told you agree with you partially, but in relation to international basketball, not with other eras.

As for the OCCASIONALLY comment, yes I have to be accurate. It wasn't done all game long or every game. It was usually done when coaches were frustrated that the other coach was getting away with playing illegal defenses. The 76ers Billy C would do it sometimes to expose a defense gearing up to stop Doc's isolation .

Anyway I understand we disagree about many of these things for whatever reason, but I want to know----are you a fan of any team today or any player? Or where you just a fan of Jordan?

Just curious.

tpols
04-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Your All-NBA 1st team talent theory is busted since all those players had a combined ONE 1st team selection at the time, with LeBron making his first in 2006. So just because they became All-NBA first team later on, doesn't mean they were of that caliber at the time. And :lol at anyone who thinks the mid 2000's, with the likes of Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, Dirk, KG, Wade had worse talent than the mid to late 70's. '02-'06 >>> '75-'79

yup.. memtioned that before..

the 2004 olympic team didn't even have the best player from the nba. peak mvp kg. Missing kidd nash dirk shaq kobe etc

team usa talent doesn't necessarily reflect nba talent.

r15mohd
04-15-2015, 11:58 AM
3ball...I know you try and pedestal MJ to the highest degree possible everytime (and i really don't know why, as he is the best--hands down), but to compare a tenured Dream Team to the 2004 US team that is full of rookies in Melo, Wade, Lebron, etc. is pretty stupid. :confusedshrug: :rolleyes: :facepalm

Rooster
04-15-2015, 12:50 PM
The 2004 and 2006 teams were full of All-NBA players, including Wade, Lebron, Duncan, Iverson, Carmelo, Amare Stoudemire, Elton Brand, Shawn Marion and more.. the thread cliffs can't be refuted:

It's funny you mention the 2002-2006 because that's when the Israeli Jordan dominated.:bowdown: The worldly acclaimed Euroleague GOAT:applause: won 2 Euroleague MVP, 2 Euroleague champion and a Euroleague Final Four MVP:roll:

However that Argentina team was no slouch. They have bunch of NBA players.
And that 2004 Olympic team was not fitted for the FIBA. I remember when Reggie Miller was laughing when they mention who were in that team and he knew right then that they won't win.

ShawkFactory
04-15-2015, 02:29 PM

You're all kinds of wrong.

RRR3
04-15-2015, 02:53 PM
2004 NBA stats

LeBron: 21/6/6 on 42% in 40 MPG

Melo: 21/6/3 on 43% in 37 MPG

Wade: 16/4/5 on 47% in 35 MPG

Bosh: 12/7/1 on 46% in 34 MPG

Legends :bowdown:

Euroleague
04-15-2015, 03:07 PM
It's funny you mention the 2002-2006 because that's when the Israeli Jordan dominated.:bowdown: The worldly acclaimed Euroleague GOAT:applause: won 2 Euroleague MVP, 2 Euroleague champion and a Euroleague Final Four MVP:roll:

However that Argentina team was no slouch. They have bunch of NBA players.
And that 2004 Olympic team was not fitted for the FIBA. I remember when Reggie Miller was laughing when they mention who were in that team and he knew right then that they won't win.

That's strange, because when Anthony Parker was suggested by millions of fans from USA (trolls like you) from online internet voting to be nominated for the Euroleague's legend award..........the Euroleague said he did not have the status to qualify for the award.

Odd how the "worldly acclaimed Euroleague GOAT" would not even have the status to qualify for the league's legend award...........

So, Reggie Miller is just as big of a trolling a-hole as you then. Since he was on the worst Team USA of all time. The 2002 team that playing at home lost 3 straight games and finished in 6th place.

What a jerk, laughing about a team that won a bronze, when his team, playing at home, finished in 6th place.

Euroleague
04-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Don't guess off the top of your head, how many players on the Croatian National team are actually playing in the NBA?

Admit to me that you don't have to play in the NBA to be capable of playing in the NBA, and to also be better than players that are in the NBA.

If you are not willing to do that, then there is no point in having this discussion. Because all of this is thread is nothing but a bunch of 12 years old playing on daddy's computer and 3 ball being a total asshole.

Admit that basic fact, so that I know there is at least one person that is not just a completely ludicrous troll here and then I can discuss it with you. Otherwise I am not wasting any time on it.

It's actually pathetic that no one here knows anything about any of this. The lack of basic NBA knowledge here is ridiculous.

3ball
04-15-2015, 03:29 PM

Exactly, he was laughing because he knew those lames weren't actually skilled at playing basketball, despite their enormous talent.. Those guys (Wade, Lebron, Melo, Amare, etc) were a bunch of ball-dominant losers who had literally learned that style from Iverson - those guys all worshiped Iverson at the time - they copied his tattoes, cornrows and everything.. He was their Jordan.

I remember how we all felt like it was yesterday - what AI did in 2001 was like every player's dream at the time - i.e. to be like 80's MJ and carry your team on your back... Only there was one key distiction - Iverson did it in a BALL-DOMINANT way, which made the domination more overt, obvious and look even more like superman.. Whereas, MJ used to get 50 and you'd barely notice because much of it was off-ball - but these new players didn't have big games like that - when they had big games, they did it like Iverson, where their big games were achieved ON-ball, so it was very obvious they were having a big scoring game.

But the ball-dominant approach was highly suboptimal compared to the superior brand of basketball everyone else was playing.. And 2004 was no fluke - the USA lost in 2002 and 2006 as well with the same GOAT talent advantage.. This brings us back to the thread cliffs: Losses like this can only occur if the massive talent advantage is sufficiently offset by an inferior brand of basketball and skill playing the game.

3ball
04-15-2015, 03:50 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

The previous post to this one explained the mental rationale the Americans had for employing a brand of basketball (ball-dominance) that was SO poor, it sufficiently offset their GOAT talent advantage.

But your evoking of the Israeli-Jordan is perfect - Anthony Parker - I played with him at Bradley - he was considered like, the greatest Euroleague player of all time - he thoroughly dominated Euroleague.

THAT'S the level of talent that defeated the NBA's very best 7 times - the USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage..

THREAD CLIFFS: Losses like this can only occur if the massive talent advantage is sufficiently offset by an inferior brand of basketball and skill playing the game... The USA's 7 losses with All-NBA talent versus Anthony Parker/Euroleague-level talent from 2002-2006 proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced.

97 bulls
04-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Admit to me that you don't have to play in the NBA to be capable of playing in the NBA, and to also be better than players that are in the NBA.

If you are not willing to do that, then there is no point in having this discussion. Because all of this is thread is nothing but a bunch of 12 years old playing on daddy's computer and 3 ball being a total asshole.

Admit that basic fact, so that I know there is at least one person that is not just a completely ludicrous troll here and then I can discuss it with you. Otherwise I am not wasting any time on it.

It's actually pathetic that no one here knows anything about any of this. The lack of basic NBA knowledge here is ridiculous.
So you feel there are roughly 8 players on the current Croatian team that are capable of playing in the NBA if they wanted to. Thats an opinion. There were five players on the Croatian National team in 92 that actually played in the NBA. With three being very successful.

And mind you. That team was destroyed by a team that many feel is the greatest of any sport.

Euroleague
04-16-2015, 03:35 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

The previous post to this one explained the mental rationale the Americans had for employing a brand of basketball (ball-dominance) that was SO poor, it sufficiently offset their GOAT talent advantage.

But your evoking of the Israeli-Jordan is perfect - Anthony Parker - I played with him at Bradley - he was considered like, the greatest Euroleague player of all time - he thoroughly dominated Euroleague.

THAT'S the level of talent that defeated the NBA's very best 7 times - the USA had the biggest talent advantage in history, but their brand of basketball and skill playing the game was so far inferior, that it more than offset the GOAT talent advantage..

THREAD CLIFFS: Losses like this can only occur if the massive talent advantage is sufficiently offset by an inferior brand of basketball and skill playing the game... The USA's 7 losses with All-NBA talent versus Anthony Parker/Euroleague-level talent from 2002-2006 proves it was the weakest era of basketball the NBA has ever produced.

Parker was not the best player on his own team in Euroleague. Now that you have officially joined the trolling level of Rooster, I can now say that you are one of the biggest creeps in this site.

ArbitraryWater
04-16-2015, 03:40 PM
meanwhile kobe bryant = 2 olympic gold medals ( tied for all time record win% with 1.000% ) - undefeated in international competition ( 3 gold medals overall )

LOL@ flunkan, fade, bran

:roll: :roll:

Euroleague
04-16-2015, 03:42 PM
So you feel there are roughly 8 players on the current Croatian team that are capable of playing in the NBA if they wanted to. Thats an opinion. There were five players on the Croatian National team in 92 that actually played in the NBA. With three being very successful.

And mind you. That team was destroyed by a team that many feel is the greatest of any sport.

There are TWELVE guys from Croatian national team at any given time TODAY that can play in NBA.

It is not an opinion. It is a FACT.

Oh my freaking god...........that team had 5 NBA players on it..........

A below average to poor European national team today has that many or more. European NT teams today like Bosnia or Georgia or Montenegro freaking have that many. WTF is your damn point?

You really do believe that it is still 1992 don't you? It's like you are living in some kind of time warp. You and 3ball and Rooster and all of the rest of these morons that believe this fantasy bullshit that European basketball is worse now than it was then.......when in reality it is many levels greater.

And here you are claiming that ONLY NBA players are good. That ONLY playing in the NBA matters, that you ONLY measure a team by how many NBA players it had.

RIDICULOUS.

You claim to a Bulls fan. Mirotic was the SIXTH best player on Real Madrid and they did not even win a Euroleague championship the whole time he played there.

But according to you, the ONLY way to measure the level of a team, is "how many NBA players did it have".

Just STFU idiot.

In posts you have made here before I never thought you were a troll, but now I see from a thread like this that you are. It takes a thread like this to show that guys like you and 3ball are no different than guys like Rooster.

You are all trolls.

You don't know a damn thing about basketball, and your posts are downright embarrassing. You don't even have the most basic knowledge of current NBA.

It's pathetic you clowns don't have the mental capacity to even grasp the current Croatian NT players associated with the NBA. It just proves your NBA knowledge is exceptionally low.

ShawkFactory
04-16-2015, 03:45 PM
There are TWELVE guys from Croatian national team at any given time TODAY that can play in NBA.

It is not an opinion. It is a FACT.

Oh my freaking god...........that team had 5 NBA players on it..........

An average European national team today has that many or more. WTF is your damn point?

And here you are claiming that ONLY NBA players are good. That ONLY playing in the NBA matters, that you ONLY measure a team by how many NBA players it had.

RIDICULOUS.

You claim to a Bulls fan. Mirotic was the SIXTH best player on Real Madrid and they did not even win a Euroleague championship the whole time he played there.

But according to you, the ONLY way to measure the level of a team, is "how many NBA players did it have".

Just STFU idiot.

In posts you have made here before I never though you were a troll, but now I see from a thread like this that you are. It takes a thread like this to show that guys like you and 3ball are no different than guys like Rooster.

You are all trolls.

You don't know a damn thing about basketball, and your posts are downright embarrassing. You don't even have the most basic knowledge of current NBA.
The NBA is the best basketball league in the world. Why wouldn't people hold accomplishments within it in higher regard?

ShawkFactory
04-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Parker IS one of the Euroleague greats

Euroleague
04-17-2015, 06:56 PM
The NBA is the best basketball league in the world. Why wouldn't people hold accomplishments within it in higher regard?

What accomplishments? What the hell accomplishments did Vrankovic or Tabak ever have in the NBA?

And he is bragging about Croatia having 5 NBA players and acting like that made them some kind of all time unbelievable team in the history of Europe.

Today, you could take the 15-20 level teams in Europe and they would have 5 NBA players on them.

So what the hell is the point?

Anyone here that claims European teams from 1992 could beat European teams from 2015 is a ****ing MORON.

Take teams like Greece and Germany now for example that are not winning any medals and 10 years ago were winning some medals........they are more talented and better now than they were then.

But some freaking dumb asses here are using the logic they must have been better then because oh gee, look they won a medal 10 freaking years ago.

As if everything happened in a vacuum. In other words, some people here are extremely stupid.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-17-2015, 07:00 PM
What accomplishments? What the hell accomplishments did Vrankovic or Tabak ever have in the NBA?

And he is bragging about them having 5 NBA players and acting like that made them some kind of all time unbelievable team in the history of Europe.

Today, you could take the 15-20 level teams in Europe and they would have 5 NBA players on them.

Anyone here that claims European teams from 1992 could beat European teams from 2015 is a ****ing MORON.

NBA > all other basketball leagues. Euroleagues are kinda like the CBA as far as they amount of respect they get/deserve. :confusedshrug:

Kentucky couldn't beat Philadelphia but I'd pick them to shit all over European teams. :oldlol:

Euroleague
04-17-2015, 07:02 PM
Parker IS one of the Euroleague greats

The claim was that he is universally without any doubt proclaimed by everyone as the GOAT Euroleague player by everyone in the whole world.

Considering he was not even the best player on Maccabi when he played there, that is some ludicrous level trolling.

Euroleague
04-17-2015, 07:03 PM
NBA > all other basketball leagues. Euroleagues are kinda like the CBA as far as they amount of respect they get/deserve. :confusedshrug:

Kentucky couldn't beat Philadelphia but I'd pick them to shit all over European teams. :oldlol:

An average 2 year old's basketball knowledge > your basketball knowledge.

ShawkFactory
04-17-2015, 07:04 PM

And he is bragging about Croatia having 5 NBA players and acting like that made them some kind of all time unbelievable team in the history of Europe.

Take teams like Greece and Germany now for example that are not winning any medals and 10 years ago were winning some medals........they are more talented and better now than they were then.

But some freaking dumb asses here are using the logic they must have been better then because oh gee, look they won a medal 10 freaking years ago.

As if everything happened in a vacuum. In other words, some people here are extremely stupid.
The point is that the NBa is the greatest basketball league in the world by far.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-17-2015, 07:05 PM
An average 2 year old's basketball knowledge > your basketball knowledge.

So the NBA isn't the superior league?

3ball
04-17-2015, 07:12 PM
1988 Russia is the GOAT international team - Dream Team crushes them like a bug (although they never played).

Sabonis is easily the greatest international big ever - came into NBA and registered a 25.0 PER in his first season, despite being past his prime

Euroleague
04-18-2015, 07:49 PM
1988 Russia is the GOAT international team - Dream Team crushes them like a bug (although they never played).

Sabonis is easily the greatest international big ever - came into NBA and registered a 25.0 PER in his first season, despite being past his prime

You are a freaking moron. And the Soviet team of late 80s could not even beat Greece. They lost to Greece twice in a row. Hardly anything remotely close to greatest international team ever.

It was not even best team in Eastern Europe in late 80s, which would be Yugoslavia.

Sabonis is "easily the best international big ever"?

Oh really? You are a freaking IDIOT of the HIGHEST magnitude.

So Sabonis is "easily better" than...

Hakeem Olajuwon
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Kresimir Cosic
Yao Ming
Patrick Ewing
Tim Duncan

STFU and GTFO

You are only proving more and more with each post you make here that you have a severe lack of basic basketball knowledge.

3ball
04-18-2015, 08:17 PM
Sabonis is "easily the best international big ever"?

Easily the best traditional Euro big man ever - and in his prime, we don't know who was better between him and Dirk.. We just know 31-year old Sabonis got a 25 PER in his first NBA season well past his prime..

But I'm not sure why you have your panties in a bunch - this thread merely discusses the GOAT talent advantage enjoyed by the US when their team of All-NBA players lost to Euroleague talent 7 times on the biggest, most important stage.

Anytime a team has more talent and loses, it's because their brand of basketball and skill at playing the game is inferior - in this case, the USA's losses despite having a GOAT talent advantage proves the great extent to which the skill was inferior, and proves that particular era is the weakest the NBA has ever produced.

You think Arroyo is pumping his jersey and punking Magic, Bird, Jordan, and Stockton?.. Of course not - he was the 3rd backup PG behind 40-year old Stockton on the 2003 Jazz.. It was a whole different level of player in previous eras.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Because PER is the best stat with which to compare players. It definitely takes context into account.

:hammerhead:

3ball
04-18-2015, 09:19 PM
\

Because PER is the best stat with which to compare players. It definitely takes context into account.

That's the whole point - we didn't get to see Sabonis' prime - all we have is him registering between a 21-25 PER in his early 30's, after many injuries and well past his prime.

Not that it matters - this thread merely discusses the erosion of the USA's brand of basketball and skills, as proven by their 7 losses with All-NBA talent versus Euroleague talent.. The US lost repeatedly on the biggest, most important stage (world stage) despite having a GOAT talent advantage.

Anytime a team has more talent and loses, it's because their brand of basketball and skill at playing the game is inferior.. In this case, the USA's losses despite having a GOAT talent advantage proves the skill was VASTLY inferior - enough to sufficiently offset the massive talent gap and lose repeatedly to Euroleague with All-NBA talent.. This proved that particular era is the weakest the NBA has ever produced.

You think Arroyo is pumping his jersey and punking Magic, Bird, Jordan, and Stockton?.. Of course not - he was the 3rd backup PG behind 40-year old Stockton on the 2003 Jazz.. It was a whole different level of player in previous eras.

Rooster
04-19-2015, 12:05 PM

Kentucky actually did that. :oldlol: They went to Europe and embarrassed some of those so called Euros professionals.:roll: :roll:

Yes Euroleague is like CBA back in the day where they are recycling players.
Andrew Goudeluck and Vesely are balling and even Kirilenko who got a lot of DNPs at Philly is back to his Euroleage MVP form like he left for 2 years and came back and be that MAN again.:bowdown:

Rooster
04-19-2015, 12:18 PM
That's the whole point - we didn't get to see Sabonis' prime - all we have is him registering between a 21-25 PER in his early 30's, after many injuries and well past his prime.

Not that it matters - this thread merely discusses the GOAT talent advantage enjoyed by the US when their team of All-NBA players lost to Euroleague talent 7 times on the biggest, most important stage (the world stage, 2002-2006).

Anytime a team has more talent and loses, it's because their brand of basketball and skill at playing the game is inferior - in this case, the USA's losses despite having a GOAT talent advantage proves the skill was VASTLY inferior - enough to sufficiently offset the massive talent gap - and proves that particular era is the weakest the NBA has ever produced.

USA does not really care much about FIBA basketball. Sure players wants to experience the Olympics but for the most part it's below their NBA priorities. Unlike for Euro and international players, this is their only chance to proved they can ball too.

But let's get it straight here, on MJ era, to be an NBA player internationally is a novelty. You can count them on your fingers. But for the last decade, there are so many of them. Guys like Nash and Nowitzki are even winning MVPs. So it's not a big deal if guys like Arroyo are pop locking their jerseys and actually it's increasingly popular to do them back in those days.

sportjames23
04-20-2015, 03:00 AM

Disgraceful. Still to this day can't believe them boys let Arroyo punk them like that. Just an overall bad time for USA basketball back then. Good thing Kobe and Jason Kidd saved it in 2008. :rockon:

iznogood
04-20-2015, 04:08 AM
Disgraceful. Still to this day can't believe them boys let Arroyo punk them like that. Just an overall bad time for USA basketball back then. Good thing Kobe and Jason Kidd saved it in 2008. :rockon:
Kobe was awful in 2008, Wade was the best player on that team.

Euroleague
04-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Easily the best traditional Euro big man ever - and in his prime, we don't know who was better between him and Dirk.. We just know 31-year old Sabonis got a 25 PER in his first NBA season well past his prime..

But I'm not sure why you have your panties in a bunch - this thread merely discusses the GOAT talent advantage enjoyed by the US when their team of All-NBA players lost to Euroleague talent 7 times on the biggest, most important stage.

Anytime a team has more talent and loses, it's because their brand of basketball and skill at playing the game is inferior - in this case, the USA's losses despite having a GOAT talent advantage proves the great extent to which the skill was inferior, and proves that particular era is the weakest the NBA has ever produced.

Sabonis is not "easily the best Euro big man ever" you freaking idiot.

Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Dino Meneghin
Kresimir Cosic

Sabonis was not "easily better" than any of those players.

PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE

and

STFU troll

You are competing with Rooster in this thread for biggest moron.

Euroleague
04-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Kentucky actually did that. :oldlol: They went to Europe and embarrassed some of those so called Euros professionals.:roll: :roll:

Yes Euroleague is like CBA back in the day where they are recycling players.
Andrew Goudeluck and Vesely are balling and even Kirilenko who got a lot of DNPs at Philly is back to his Euroleage MVP form like he left for 2 years and came back and be that MAN again.:bowdown:

Kentucky (the so-called greatest NCAA team ever) beat one of the worst teams in one of the worst leagues in Europe.

Congrats.

Kirilenko is a role player on CSKA.

Kudos.

You are a psychopath.

3ball
04-20-2015, 06:24 PM
Kentucky (the so-called greatest NCAA team ever) beat one of the worst teams in one of the worst leagues in Europe.

Congrats.

Kirilenko is a role player on CSKA.

Kudos.

You are a psychopath.
lol

3ball
04-20-2015, 08:12 PM
PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE

and

STFU troll

You are competing with Rooster in this thread for biggest moron.

Wow bro, you're an elite name-caller.

But face the facts - the early-mid 2000's NBA couldn't beat Euroleague!!!!

That proves it's the weakest era the NBA has ever had - there's no other way to interpret the NBA getting smashed by Euroleague.. get over it