PDA

View Full Version : Winning a Title With Cavs Weighs More Than Most Titles

SilkkTheShocker
04-15-2015, 08:41 AM
LeBron taking the the East's answer to the Clippers for a historical garbage-tier franchise would do wonders in his all-time ranking. The Cavaliers have been nothing short of flaming dog s.hit almost the entirety of their pathetic existence. Would be the same as winning a title for Cubs. Simply amazing the impact he has. They wouldn't have even qualified for the playoffs without him :applause:

Im Still Ballin
04-15-2015, 08:44 AM
;)

fiddy
04-15-2015, 08:45 AM
Yes, lockout titles count as 0.5 and gifts by the Spurs count as zero.

Beastmode88
04-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Does that mean losing with the cavs mean more too?

keep-itreal
04-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Winning in a shitty eastern conference sure means alot:rolleyes:

Dresta
04-15-2015, 08:53 AM
Yeah, joining a team loaded with talent and assets (3 number 1 picks in the past 4 years) is oh so impressive.

:rolleyes:

sportjames23
04-15-2015, 08:56 AM
Does that mean losing with the cavs mean more too?

BOOM

Real Men Wear Green
04-15-2015, 09:37 AM
It doesn't mean more to basketball fans and historians overall. Whenever winning is brought up in an all-time great argument the focus is the number of rings, not where they got them. Before Tim Duncan the Spurs had no NBA championships but no one uses that as a reason to say Duncan had a greater career than some other great big man.

Because Cleveland is so close to his home town and in the state to which he feels loyalty a Championship there would hold special significance to LeBron James. It would be more important to him personally than the ones he won in Miami. But any James fan that thinks the rest of us are going to care more because he did it in Cleveland is deluding himself.

Derka
04-15-2015, 09:52 AM
The only person it would carry any additional significance for is Lebron and rightly so.

Historians won't give a shit beyond a 3rd title is a 3rd title unless they're riding that d*ck, which isn't completely out of the question.

beastee
04-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Silkk having a quality post weighs more than most on this board since it happens so rarely.

nathanjizzle
04-15-2015, 10:16 AM
shut up mr. snap on tie kiosk

returnofthemack
04-15-2015, 10:46 AM
LeBron taking the the East's answer to the Clippers for a historical garbage-tier franchise would do wonders in his all-time ranking. The Cavaliers have been nothing short of flaming dog s.hit almost the entirety of their pathetic existence. Would be the same as winning a title for Cubs. Simply amazing the impact he has. They wouldn't have even qualified for the playoffs without him :applause:

I really can't stand you and your cavs hating. I love how you pretend like the 76ers have somehow been more relevant then the cavs over the last 30 plus year. Both teams have one finals appearance in that span. Oh well I guess the sixers will really impress us with a really big move in the near future.

dubeta
04-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Agreed.

Basketbolero
04-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Agreed. Kyrie would pass Lebron alltime if that happened :applause:

L.A.Showtime
04-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Winning with Mo Williams as your sidekick would have weighed more. Winning with Love and Kyrie at your side does not.

r15mohd
04-15-2015, 01:33 PM
Winning with Mo Williams as your sidekick would have weighed more. Winning with Love and Kyrie at your side does not.

so basically winning it alone? :rolleyes:

and Love has not had any impact whatsoever this year, however I wouldn't be surprised if he came out and put on a display during the playoffs. way overdue for a run!

Prometheus
04-15-2015, 01:36 PM
so basically winning it alone? :rolleyes:

and Love has not had any impact whatsoever this year, however I wouldn't be surprised if he came out and put on a display during the playoffs. way overdue for a run!

He's not being used optimally, but bolded is still false. He's their third-leading scorer, a strong rebounding presence, and helps draw bigs out of the paint on defense. His impact has been very good, much better than his numbers would indicate.

r15mohd
04-15-2015, 01:44 PM
He's not being used optimally, but bolded is still false. He's their third-leading scorer, a strong rebounding presence, and helps draw bigs out of the paint on defense. His impact has been very good, much better than his numbers would indicate.

definitely aware, but we cant even say he's anything close to what Bosh provided to the Heat when with Lebron. and that says a lot as the 3rd option presence. at this point it's Lebron-Kyrie-JSmoove-KLove

i hope Love plays well...they need him if they have a chance at winning the 'chip