PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers Championship > / I Don't give a shit it Lebron doesn't get MVP or FMVP

CavaliersFTW
04-15-2015, 03:03 PM
A Cleveland Cavaliers NBA championship is the greatest award any Cavaliers player could achieve this season. I hope we get one. I don't care who brings home the MVP around the league this season, nor who anchors the championship series it could go to Kyrie, or even Mozgov or JR Smith, or even an opposing player (in a losing effort) for all I care. Just so long as the Cavs win a championship it would make this the greatest season I ever watched. Especially after having the privilege of watching Kyrie's insane 55 and franchise record 57 point performances - two of the greatest games I've ever watched. A Cleveland Cavaliers NBA championship would be the icing on the cake.

:rockon:

Mr.Kite
04-15-2015, 03:08 PM
Stacked Team. High Expectations.

CavaliersFTW
04-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Stacked Team. High Expectations.
I have high hopes. High expectations sort of, but if they don't win it all this year I won't be upset this is practically a brand new team and system it'd almost be a miracle if they win a title this year for as quickly as they rebuilt.

imdaman99
04-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Spoken like a true Cavs fan. I hope Kyrie wins FMVP so you and RBA can celebrate :applause: Cleveland sports has been rough, I am a Knicks fan and they have sucked for a long time but also a NY Giants fan and they have won twice recently. I did know the feeling before their miraculous Super Bowl run, as I am a Mets fan :lol

Cheers to the true Cleveland Cavaliers fan, not the idiots that pretend to be for the sake of 1 player. How sad do those guys gotta be, to worship and defend the ground that guy walks on :facepalm

SugarHill
04-15-2015, 03:24 PM
So you rank Kyrie's performances over Bran against Detroit in game 5?

Trollsmasher
04-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Cleveland ain't winning if LeBron is not the best player on the court anyway, so everyone will get theirs:applause:

Rose'sACL
04-15-2015, 03:26 PM
he became a cavs fan in 2011. full hipster mode.

ArbitraryWater
04-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Spoken like a true Cavs fan. I hope Kyrie wins FMVP so you and RBA can celebrate :applause: Cleveland sports has been rough, I am a Knicks fan and they have sucked for a long time but also a NY Giants fan and they have won twice recently. I did know the feeling before their miraculous Super Bowl run, as I am a Mets fan :lol

Cheers to the true Cleveland Cavaliers fan, not the idiots that pretend to be for the sake of 1 player. How sad do those guys gotta be, to worship and defend the ground that guy walks on :facepalm

Dummie, didnt get the memo? They dont care who wins it.. lol at the RBA mention.

:oldlol:

CavaliersFTW
04-15-2015, 03:30 PM
No that's up there too obviously, as is the game where Lebron hit the game winner against the Magic in 2009.

I said Kyrie's 55 and 57 (particularly his 57 point game) are two of the greatest I've seen, I didn't make a complete list or rank anything.

And also, just purely as a basketball fan I really enjoyed the entire Portland/Rockets playoffs last year. They aren't the Cavs but man that was exciting basketball IMO.

Im Still Ballin
04-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Hipster mode engaged

"I'm unique and different. I'm special"

LMAO

CavaliersFTW
04-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Sorry to have hurt your feelings by prioritizing Cleveland, as a team, winning a championship over something individual for one player. See I live in Cleveland so our team winning a title here would be absolutely incredible for the city everybody would be actively celebrating here if the Cavaliers win a championship - in such a scenario it literally makes no difference who wins the FMVP or MVP none of our fans would give a shit we'd all just be celebrating. If we didn't win a championship and some player on the Cavs just got some individual accolades? Well, that does nothing for anyone in Cleveland. So, I've got my priorities straight on this. You might not like how it sounds as your situation is different than mine but for me that's the way it is.

warriorfan
04-15-2015, 03:42 PM
A Cleveland Cavaliers NBA championship is the greatest award any Cavaliers player could achieve this season. I hope we get one. I don't care who brings home the MVP around the league this season, nor who anchors the championship series it could go to Kyrie, or even Mozgov or JR Smith, or even an opposing player (in a losing effort) for all I care. Just so long as the Cavs win a championship it would make this the greatest season I ever watched. Especially after having the privilege of watching Kyrie's insane 55 and franchise record 57 point performances - two of the greatest games I've ever watched. A Cleveland Cavaliers NBA championship would be the icing on the cake.

True fan.

:cheers:

CavaliersFTW
04-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Hipster mode engaged

"I'm unique and different. I'm special"

LMAO
Unique? That's "mainstream" opinion of about 3 million people living here in Greater Cleveland Area.

Ironic an individual such as yourself calls my opinion hipster. Aren't you from bum**** nowhere on the opposite side of the planet to Cleveland? My opinion is shared by everyone I know. Who will you be celebrating with if Cleveland wins a title? You'd be home alone on ISH typing to people in different parts of the planet who care. I'd be boozing it up downtown, surrounded by thousands of others there for the same reason. I'd say that makes you the hipster.

r15mohd
04-15-2015, 04:01 PM
Sorry to have hurt your feelings by prioritizing Cleveland, as a team, winning a championship over something individual for one player. See I live in Cleveland so our team winning a title here would be absolutely incredible for the city everybody would be actively celebrating here if the Cavaliers win a championship - in such a scenario it literally makes no difference who wins the FMVP or MVP none of our fans would give a shit we'd all just be celebrating. If we didn't win a championship and some player on the Cavs just got some individual accolades? Well, that does nothing for anyone in Cleveland. So, I've got my priorities straight on this. You might not like how it sounds as your situation is different than mine but for me that's the way it is.

funny how without this one "individual" the Cavs are nothing special this year, past years, or immediate future years :rolleyes:

I know you don't want to admit it, but the Cavs only go as far as Lebron takes them, as mentioned above...it's been that way for 11 years now and nothing has indicated it to be any different. Kyrie, Love, Smoove, Thompson, Moz, etc. aren't winning the city of Cleveland a title...they play intricate roles, but it's all lead by Lebron. no need to hinder on the past to omit reality

TheMarkMadsen
04-15-2015, 04:13 PM
funny how without this one "individual" the Cavs are nothing special this year, past years, or immediate future years :rolleyes:

I know you don't want to admit it, but the Cavs only go as far as Lebron takes them, as mentioned above...it's been that way for 11 years now and nothing has indicated it to be any different. Kyrie, Love, Smoove, Thompson, Moz, etc. aren't winning the city of Cleveland a title...they play intricate roles, but it's all lead by Lebron. no need to hinder on the past to omit reality

So the Cavs have had Kevin Love, Jr Smith, Mozgof, Shumpert, and of legal drinking age Kyrie for the past few years?

CavaliersFTW
04-15-2015, 04:16 PM

The team the Cavs have this year is completely rebuilt. Not really similar to any team of the past 11 years.

Rose'sACL
04-15-2015, 04:20 PM
So the Cavs have had Kevin Love, Jr Smith, Mozgof, Shumpert, and of legal drinking age Kyrie for the past few years?
Jr Smith and shumpert would not give much effort and play like shit if lebron wasn't on the cavs. this is not even debatable in case of jr smith.

CavaliersFTW
04-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Jr Smith and shumpert would not give much effort and play like shit if lebron wasn't on the cavs. this is not even debatable in case of jr smith.
What does that opinion have to do with what I posted in the OP? I mean, do you feel Lebron should be awarded "best pep-talker" award or something? That's fine IDC, I just hope we win a title. That's a higher priority than any individual award for Cleveland this season.

Rose'sACL
04-15-2015, 04:25 PM
What does that have to do with what I posted in the OP?
i replied to another poster. anyone with eyes can see that.

r15mohd
04-15-2015, 04:37 PM
What does that opinion have to do with what I posted in the OP? I mean, do you feel Lebron should be awarded "best pep-talker" award or something? That's fine IDC, I just hope we win a title. That's a higher priority than any individual award for Cleveland this season.

agreed, but you conveniently dismiss the main reason this talk is even relevant. no other member on the Cavs team has "title contender" on their resume, and without Lebron, this team is pretty irrelevant.

those mentioning the collected players outside of Lebron means little, they don't have the leadership to go far.

put the hate/agenda aside and just embrace the added opportunity you have with Lebron leading the Cavs to the promise land

MP.Trey
04-15-2015, 04:43 PM
Word. I'm tired of everything about the Cavs revolving around LeBron. It still will media wise but playoffs are where team basketball shines through more than ever and I couldn't be more excited for the postseason to see how this TEAM performs. A championship comes before everything, even if LeBron and Love won Co-FMVP and then both bolted to the Lakers or something I would still be ecstatic at the one championship.

Prometheus
04-15-2015, 04:50 PM
As an Eagles' fan, I think I understand how you feel. The moment your team finally snags that first ring, it's just gonna be so sweet.

I know you say you don't care who wins FMVP in this hypothetical Cavaliers' championship, but I think the story would be richest if Kyrie took it. It's great that bran came back for you guys, but the fact that he dogged you in the first place tells me that he doesn't really deserve ALL the glory. Uncle Drew is a much more likable guy. I'd like to see him shine.

:cheers:

Nuff Said
04-15-2015, 05:07 PM
It's funny how cavs fans used to hate on heat fans for colluding and yadda yadda now after they collude it's "who care, as long as we win." It's the same shit I've been saying the past four years. All those haters from ny would've similarly been on lebron and Bosh's nuts if he would've came to the Knicks. It seems that the people who hate lebron are those who's team he doesn't play for. And if he ever decided to move to your team it's all hugs and kisses allasudden.

dubeta
04-15-2015, 05:12 PM
LOL can no one else see the agenda?

OP doesn't want Bron to win FMVP. Bron with another ring and FMVP is 100% clearly ahead of Wilt all time and even OP knows it.

The careful balance of a Cavs/Wilt fan. Root for your team to win but make sure Wilts legacy is intact :lol

Meticode
04-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Honestly, I'll be personally surprised if the Cavs make it to the Conference Finals.

Legends66NBA7
04-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Honestly, I'll be personally surprised if the Cavs make it to the Conference Finals.

The only team I can see beating them is Atlanta and they aren't in their bracket until they get to the ECF.

Meticode
04-15-2015, 05:51 PM
The only team I can see beating them is Atlanta and they aren't in their bracket until they get to the ECF.
I see any team beating the Cavs. So much playoff inexperience with important players. Irving 0 games, Love 0 games, Mozgov has played 7 games in the playoffs in his 6 year career. All the playoff experience rides the pine for the most part.

VengefulAngel
04-15-2015, 05:53 PM
It's funny how cavs fans used to hate on heat fans for colluding and yadda yadda now after they collude it's "who care, as long as we win." It's the same shit I've been saying the past four years. All those haters from ny would've similarly been on lebron and Bosh's nuts if he would've came to the Knicks. It seems that the people who hate lebron are those who's team he doesn't play for. And if he ever decided to move to your team it's all hugs and kisses allasudden.

Future repped, given too much out but you deserve some.

Mr. Jabbar
here hoping lebron goes 2/6 :applause:

Nuff Said
LOL can no one else see the agenda?

OP doesn't want Bron to win FMVP. Bron with another ring and FMVP is 100% clearly ahead of Wilt all time and even OP knows it.

The careful balance of a Cavs/Wilt fan. Root for your team to win but make sure Wilts legacy is intact :lol
I honestly believe he would feel some type of way if lebron beasted and won fmvp candidly, CARRYING cavs to a ring. He'd prolly not even celebrate downtown.

VengefulAngel
04-15-2015, 05:54 PM
I see any team beating the Cavs. So much playoff inexperience with important players. Irving 0 games, Love 0 games, Mozgov has played 7 games in the playoffs in his 6 year career. All the playoff experience rides the pine for the most part.

I don't see Cleveland losing a game till the conference finals. Lebron has another level on both defense and offense. Plus inexperience isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Legends66NBA7
04-15-2015, 06:02 PM

Boston doesn't have any experience either outside of Evan Turner and a bench player. I see Cleveland winning that series without much resistance. Milwaukee is in the same boat if they make it in the 2nd round.

Chicago would be a tougher matchup if they pull it together but I don't see it happening without Rose at his best. I don't see Toronto winning with the defense they play.

CavaliersFTW
04-15-2015, 06:06 PM
I'm not hugging and kissing anyone you must not have read the OP.

Also, I'm pretty sure I can speak on behalf of Cavs fans and say Cavs fans didn't hate on Heat fans, they hated on "Heat fans". The same parasites that aren't "Heat fans" anymore but are now "Cavs fans". Do you understand the difference?

TheMarkMadsen
04-15-2015, 06:10 PM

you mean the same JR Smith that 2 years ago was the 2nd best player on the 2 seed Carmelo led Knicks while winning the 6 MOTY?

yeah.. Smith only giving effort because of Lebron

:roll: :roll:

HEAT111
04-15-2015, 06:14 PM

You're the only Cavs fan I can respect. There's one here that said "I have mix feelings" when LeBron return. You better enjoy that shizzz

Hey Yo
04-15-2015, 06:31 PM
you mean the same JR Smith that 2 years ago was the 2nd best player on the 2 seed Carmelo led Knicks while winning the 6 MOTY?

There's your answer.

What was JR doing the following year when the Knicks weren't contending and out of the playoff picture?

"On January 8, 2014, Smith was fined $50,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct after repeated instances in which he attempted to untie the shoelaces of his opponents"

That's the JR everyone was laughing about and thought the Cavs were crazy for bringing the "locker room cancer" in

Rose'sACL
04-15-2015, 06:35 PM

post the roster of that knicks team. kyrie and love were not getting anything out of JR. players like JR need proven experience players like that knicks team had otherwise players like him just go to the game and give their 100% but in a very selfish manner.

Nuff Said
04-15-2015, 07:29 PM
I'm not hugging and kissing anyone you must not have read the OP.

Also, I'm pretty sure I can speak on behalf of Cavs fans and say Cavs fans didn't hate on Heat fans, they hated on "Heat fans". The same parasites that aren't "Heat fans" anymore but are now "Cavs fans". Do you understand the difference?
No I dont. I think you were referring to lebron fans. They were never fans of either team and therefore owe no loyalty to them. Do you understand that?

returnofthemack
04-15-2015, 07:40 PM
I agree with the OP. the cavs winning a championship would mean an awful lot to the city of cleveland and all the fans of our down trodden sports teams. I could care less about who wins fmvp.

I will admit it's still very odd to be back in Lebrons corner after the last four years. The redemtion will be complete when he brings home a title. The vibe around the city is mostly they might not win this year but watch out for next year. I'm sick of this way of thinking. I firmly believe that the cavs can do it now. Its time to put all this crap about curses and bad luck to rest.

Dr.J4ever
04-15-2015, 11:55 PM

I would be happy if you guys finally become title town, USA. Fans of Cleveland deserve it. To this day, my experience with the 1983 76ers, whose every game I watched live in person or tv, is still the greatest sports experience of my life.

I think you should at least be in the Finals. I don't see the Bulls challenging you, and the Spurs in the Finals will be a challenge. The Cavs are equipped, to be sure. I just don't know if the Cavs have enough offensive discipline and team play to battle the Spurs point for point.

If it's not the Spurs, I see the Cavs winning over Memphis or any other western team.