PDA

View Full Version : Wow comparing the NBA playoffs to the NHL playoffs.

TonyMontana
04-16-2015, 05:18 AM
And wow. the difference is amazing.

The NBA is literally the most predictable sport there is. Everyone already knows the outcome of every single series.

Do I need need to recognize the Eastern Conference? Only two real teams in the actual conference, everyone knows the outcome of every series. Atlanta has a small shot vs Cleveland in the ECF, but that's pretty much it.

The West, even though it has much better teams is almost as predictable. I guess the Mavericks MIGHT beat the Rockets(a shot), but every other series is obvious. We all know it's going to be Golden State-San Antonio, thats the only real series that actually matters this year.

Then whoever wins Golden-State-San Antonio gets to rape Cleveland in the finals.

It's no surprise this league isn't nearly as entertaining any more. So predictable. I'll still be watching my Spurs dominate, but nothing else is intriguing whatsoever.

Meanwhile the NHL. Wow, the playoffs are just great. All of the games are full of intensity. The players actually care. EVERY team can win. Even the 8th seeded teams have shots at beating the 1 seeds and possibly even winning it all. What a ****ing difference this shit will be from the NBA playoffs(the eastern conference especially which will just be an extension of the regular season for everyone but Cleveland and Atlanta).

The first day of the NHL playoffs had two games (Montreal-Ottawa) (Chicago,Nashville) that will probably be better than any NBA playoff game until the Spurs-Warriors series.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-16-2015, 05:20 AM
NHL is too luck based. A lucky bounce means too much. In basketball, with the ~100 possessions per game, the better team usually wins.

Bernkastel
04-16-2015, 05:59 AM
A hot goalie has a lot of impact on NHL playoff games. And I think the West is pretty good this year.

But yes, the NHL probably has the best playoffs in American sports. At least professionally.

pauk
04-16-2015, 06:02 AM
Who cares, Hockey sucks. :P

nba_55
04-16-2015, 06:32 AM
The playoffs are more unpredictable in hockey, but the sport itself is really boring, i tried to like it many times, i just cant.

nba_55
04-16-2015, 06:33 AM
NHL is too luck based. A lucky bounce means too much. In basketball, with the ~100 possessions per game, the better team usually wins.
This. Anything luck based is going to be unpredictable.

Bernkastel
04-16-2015, 06:42 AM
I wouldn't say it's too luck based. Lucky events nay occur, but those don't win a series. The better team usually wins.

It's more accurate to say that it's goalie oriented, which is why hot goalies are critical. Their importance is about equal, if not more, to a quarterback.