PDA

View Full Version : TBT: Spurs vs Heat game 7 Lebron James 37 points 12 rebounds

VengefulAngel
04-16-2015, 07:43 AM
Just watched this, and was surprised about how wide open Lebron is on some of these threes. How an earth didn't Lebron destroy them in the previous 6 games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKd-ppW1bK0

Im Still Ballin
04-16-2015, 07:43 AM
It's murder on the dance floor,

You best not steal my groove

DJ

Trollsmasher
04-16-2015, 07:44 AM
greatest Finals performance of all time

Mr Feeny
04-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Just watched this, and was surprised about how wide open Lebron is on some of these threes. How an earth didn't Lebron destroy them in the previous 6 games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKd-ppW1bK0

37 points and 12 rebounds in a game 7 is impressive isn't it:applause:
We now know that you weren't old enough to have watched a 2013 game:applause:

VengefulAngel
04-16-2015, 08:20 AM
37 points and 12 rebounds in a game 7 is impressive isn't it:applause:
We now know that you weren't old enough to have watched a 2013 game:applause:

Lol.... enjoy the neg.

Mr Feeny
04-18-2015, 09:08 AM
Lol.... enjoy the neg.

Here we have ourselves a poster that negs people for wrecking his agenda-laden and biased arguments. Great stuff. These are the actions of a really secure individual.

aj1987
04-18-2015, 09:22 AM
Here we have ourselves a poster that negs people for wrecking his agenda-laden and biased arguments. Great stuff. These are the actions of a really secure individual.
Dude's a Heat fan and I've seen him support LeBron a bunch of times.

305Baller
04-18-2015, 09:41 AM
James was on point.
Battier was awesome.

Just a great performance.

aj1987
04-18-2015, 10:04 AM
James was on point.
Battier was awesome.

Just a great performance.
Wade as well. 23 points and 10 rebounds.

VengefulAngel
04-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Dude's a Heat fan and I've seen him support LeBron a bunch of times.

Ty, seems as if he's negging me a bunch of times on his alt as well, all's fair in love and war.

'You have to spread the reputation around before you can give it to aj1987'

305Baller
04-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Wade as well. 23 points and 10 rebounds.

Firing on all cylinders, baby. Spurs were worn out at that point. Game 6 broke them.

Marchesk
04-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Firing on all cylinders, baby. Spurs were worn out at that point. Game 6 broke them.

They still had a shot. Duncan missed what was basically a layup to tie the game in the last minute.

ShawkFactory
04-18-2015, 12:53 PM
They still had a shot. Duncan missed what was basically a layup to tie the game in the last minute.
Yea the game was close the entire time.

Hey Yo
04-18-2015, 02:03 PM
Yea the game was close the entire time.
Even though Bosh and Miller (both starters) played for a combined 48mins and had a total of ZERO points, 9trb and 2 assists.

Ray and Birdman combined 39mins off the bench for 3pts, 8trb, 4assists.

Spurs choked that series away after splitting with Miami the first 2 games.

J Shuttlesworth
04-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Pop's philosophy against LeBron is "If you want to beat me, make jump shots". LeBron is obviously less effective shooting jumpers than taking it to the paint. Even if LeBron is on fire, Pop's philosophy doesn't change.

305Baller
04-18-2015, 02:06 PM

Im just glad Miami didnt choke.

Mr Feeny
04-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Ty, seems as if he's negging me a bunch of times on his alt as well, all's fair in love and war.

'You have to spread the reputation around before you can give it to aj1987'

Who ty? And who negging you, cause it certainly wasn't me?

I actually have a life and don't waste my time with 10 alts. Speak for yourself. If you're getting negged, then that's an indication of how this board and it's posters think of you. Don't go around accusing people of having alts and negging you.

You sad, clueless, waste of space. Pathetic

Lebron23
04-19-2015, 02:40 AM
All I can Say is Wow.

http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/LeBron.gif

Combat Wombat
04-19-2015, 03:09 AM
All I can Say is Wow.

http://cdn.nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/LeBron.gif

27 years old and you still shamelessly hug his nuts like a teenage girl.

Re-evaluate your life, you ugly talentless midget.

:pimp:

Paul George 24
04-19-2015, 03:20 AM
greatest Finals performance of all time

joke ???????????:roll:

Magic 32
04-19-2015, 04:07 AM
All I can Say is Wow.

Best gave he ever had against the Spurs and it doesn't even crack Kobe's five against them.

Mr Feeny
04-19-2015, 04:21 AM
Best gave he ever had against the Spurs and it doesn't even crack Kobe's five against them.

Tbf it's in the finals. Kobe can only dream of doing that in a finals game 7. He's more likely to shoot 6-24 when it counts.

Magic 32
04-19-2015, 04:24 AM
Tbf it's in the finals. Kobe can only dream of doing that in a finals game 7. He's more likely to shoot 6-24 when it counts.

I don't know. The only time Kobe played the Spurs in his prime he annihilated them in 5 games.

No need for Jesus or Wade to carry him for 6 games...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aXVxcLm2qQ

Best performer against the best team of the era.

Speaks volume.

Mr Feeny
04-19-2015, 04:43 AM
I don't know. The only time Kobe played the Spurs in his prime he annihilated them in 5 games.

No need for Jesus or Wade to carry him for 6 games...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aXVxcLm2qQ

Best performer against the best team of the era.

Speaks volume.

We are talking about the finals. The highest level. Kobe has proven to be an abysmal performer when it really counts, averaging 40%fg shooting over his career in the finals.
25%fg in game 7's and a few infamous accomplishments. For example, he is the only fmvp ever to not top 50%fg in a single game over the course of a series:biggums:

Let's not mention his 36%fg and 38%fg shooting series against the Pacers and Pistons respectively.

Abysmal performer when the stakes are high:applause:

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2015, 04:46 AM
The Spurs literally disrespected James the whole series by not guarding him. Pops dared, begged, pleaded LeBron to shoot WIDE open jumpers all series long, and he didn't finally take advantage of it until game 7. But he did take advantage in that final game.

Mr Feeny
04-19-2015, 04:49 AM
The Spurs literally disrespected James the whole series by not guarding him. Pops dared, begged, pleaded LeBron to shoot WIDE open jumpers all series long, and he didn't finally take advantage of it until game 7. But he did take advantage in that final game.

Yup, pop knew that James would have killed them if they didn't go under screens so they sagged the entire series. And when it really mattered, Lebron came up like a giant.

Magic 32
04-19-2015, 04:56 AM
We are talking about the finals. The highest level.

The highest level is the Spurs.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-q4mmEc47v0w/U5Hk_fSkTNI/AAAAAAAAHSA/jzPwVZW9OWM/s1600/3.gif

Just like Clippers vs Spurs is better than any conceivable matchup in the East this year.

Mr Feeny
04-19-2015, 04:58 AM
The highest level is the Spurs.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-q4mmEc47v0w/U5Hk_fSkTNI/AAAAAAAAHSA/jzPwVZW9OWM/s1600/3.gif

Just like Clippers vs Spurs is better than any conceivable matchup in the East this year.

Nope, highest level is the finals. And Lebron creams Kobe there, doesn't he?:lol

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2015, 04:58 AM
Yup, pop knew that James would have killed them if they didn't go under screens so they sagged the entire series. And when it really mattered, Lebron came up like a giant.
Meh.

They counted on James lack of tenacity, confidence or fortitude, and let him defeat himself as he repeatedly has done through out his career. 2007 Finals, 2010 ECSF, 2011 Finals, and up until that point the first 6 games of the 2013 Finals.

He came up big because NO ONE was actually defending him. He was given wide open 3's, and mid range shots all series long.

Given that lack of defense strategy on LeBron, he shouldn't have even let the Spurs take them 7 games. Should've made them pay for it in game 1 to make the Spurs adjust. Assert his will on San Antonio.

He could've had an MJ / Shaq / West esque dominant, legendary Finals. But instead, he played up to his averages. Nothing super special.

Mr Feeny
04-19-2015, 05:02 AM
Meh.

They counted on James lack of tenacity, confidence or fortitude, and let him defeat himself as he repeatedly has done through out his career. 2007 Finals, 2010 ECSF, 2011 Finals, and up until that point the first 6 games of the 2013 Finals.

He came up big because NO ONE was actually defending him. He was given wide open 3's, and mid range shots all series long.

Given that lack of defense strategy on LeBron, he shouldn't have even let the Spurs take them 7 games. Should've made them pay for it in game 1 to make the Spurs adjust. Assert his will on San Antonio.

He could've had an MJ / Shaq / West esque dominant, legendary Finals. But instead, he played up to his averages. Nothing super special.

Disagree. The defended him the only way they could. If they defended him any other way, he would have blitzed right through and destroyed them. They knew his only weakness is his outside shot. They did everything to make life difficult for him by giving him no other option than to take outside shots. He still beat them, had a 30 point triple double in an elimination game 6 and a 37 point game 7. I think that's impressive.

Magic 32
04-19-2015, 05:07 AM
Nope, highest level is the finals.

http://media.giphy.com/media/atQXlRTntnPA4/giphy.gif

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/gregg-popovich-laughing-gif.gif

http://i.minus.com/ix88KYmcyjAmZ.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c2/04/47/c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.jpg

Mr Feeny
04-19-2015, 05:10 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/atQXlRTntnPA4/giphy.gif

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/gregg-popovich-laughing-gif.gif

http://i.minus.com/ix88KYmcyjAmZ.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c2/04/47/c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.jpg

So you agree!:banana:

Magic 32
04-19-2015, 05:11 AM
So you agree!:banana:

2/5 would support it no doubt.

Still, the west provide better competition.

Mr Feeny
04-19-2015, 05:14 AM
2/5 would support it no doubt.

Still, the west provide better competition.

So lebron is more clutch than your boy? Great!:D

Magic 32
04-19-2015, 05:21 AM
So lebron is more clutch than your boy? Great!:D

http://s1.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/kd-lebron-stare-kevin-durant-gifs.gif

34-24 Footwork
04-19-2015, 05:23 AM
I still look at game six. Man....if Kwahi makes his free throws, Lebron falls out of the top 30. Dude was a turnover machine.

Great game 7 tho.

Mr Feeny
04-19-2015, 05:25 AM
I still look at game six. Man....if Kwahi makes his free throws, Lebron falls out of the top 30. Dude was a turnover machine.

Great game 7 tho.

Hmm too bad.

JohnFreeman
04-19-2015, 06:12 AM
Greatest game 7 performer of all time. Not even debatable.

Dresta
04-19-2015, 06:19 AM
Disagree. The defended him the only way they could. If they defended him any other way, he would have blitzed right through and destroyed them. They knew his only weakness is his outside shot. They did everything to make life difficult for him by giving him no other option than to take outside shots. He still beat them, had a 30 point triple double in an elimination game 6 and a 37 point game 7. I think that's impressive.
Being given wide open 3 point and mid-range shots is not 'making life difficult for him' - for most elite players it would be making the game easy; for Bron, because of his mental deficiencies, it was ideal tactic, because it put all the pressure on his back, and until game 7, he failed to deliver. It was a poor finals performance from supposedly one of the best players ever, in his prime, healthy, and with an open shot whenever he wanted it.

Mr Feeny
04-19-2015, 06:22 AM
Being given wide open 3 point and mid-range shots is not 'making life difficult for him' - for most elite players it would be making the game easy; for Bron, because of his mental deficiencies, it was ideal tactic, because it put all the pressure on his back, and until game 7, he failed to deliver. It was a poor finals performance from supposedly one of the best players ever, in his prime, healthy, and with an open shot whenever he wanted it.
He has a different skill set than most players though. So he'd be defended differently. You have to sag against him. It you play him straight up like the OKC did he'd run the show.

Rose'sACL
04-19-2015, 06:30 AM
so according to you spurs gave him those jumpers because they like him or something?
he clearly forces teams to give him space by being he best finisher in the history of the league among perimeter players.

Dresta
04-19-2015, 06:42 AM
so according to you spurs gave him those jumpers because they like him or something?
he clearly forces teams to give him space by being he best finisher in the history of the league among perimeter players.
:biggums:

What? Where did you get that from? Popovich was clearly banking on Bron's mental frailty - he had easily a good enough jumpshot to knock down the wide open looks he was getting, he just didn't have the balls to take them, until game 7.

If he'd knocked down his open jumpers earlier in the series, the Spurs would likely have readjusted, which would have opened things up for Miami's offense, but he didn't. Instead, it just made Bron look shook, and it showed in his play.

Mr Feeny
04-19-2015, 06:44 AM

What? Where did you get that from? Popovich was clearly banking on Bron's mental frailty - he had easily a good enough jumpshot to knock down the wide open looks he was getting, he just didn't have the balls to take them, until game 7.

If he'd knocked down his open jumpers earlier in the series, the Spurs would likely have readjusted, which would have opened things up for Miami's offense, but he didn't. Instead, it just made Bron look shook, and it showed in his play.

Jumpers aren't his strength. That's what we're trying to tell you. That's why they went under screens. He still beat them and therefore deserves credit. That's all everyone is saying, I think.

Rose'sACL
04-19-2015, 06:57 AM

or if wade could hit his jumpers on regular basis because he was clearly not a great driver to the rim all through the playoffs. wade only had one good game in the finals when his jumper was on plus he liked to gamble a lot of defense.
lebron forces teams to play him that way otherwise they would get murdered and their defenders would be in foul trouble. lebron's jumper wasn't bad in 2014 finals and kawhi was forced to play close to him because of that. why didn't wade take miami take advantage of that?
if you think that i'm kidding then go look at how spurs defended lebron in 2013 and compare it to 2014 finals.

34-24 Footwork
04-19-2015, 07:03 AM
bran stan logic:

Kobe's series dismantling the stacked western conference playoff teams, including Greg Pops Spurs, year after year in game 7's mean nothing.

Bran single game 7 in the finals >>>>>life itself. Lol.

Only superstar in history dared to shoot with a fat frenchman sagging 10 ft off of him. Dude got treated like a herb.....lol.

Elosha
04-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Lebron's 2013 Finals is a mixed bag, and no one should call his performance abysmal or fantastic. If you could rate him on a scale of 1 to 10, I wouldn't disagree with anyone who put him in the range of 6 to 8. No lower, no higher. Personally I'd give him between a 7 and an 8.

So no one can deny that Lebron played fairly poorly in games 1 to 5 and most of game 6. He was tentative, often looked lost or disinterested on offense and generally showed passiveness and an inability to adjust to how the Spurs were playing him for the outside shot. Very much unlike the truly great scorers in NBA history and exposed a two substantial weaknesses in Lebron's game: a still not elite outside shot and more importantly, a tendency to diminish in many crunch time situations.

But no one can deny that Lebron had an overall part to play in game 6 and imposed his will in the fourth quarter. He had a 30 point, triple double, and scored a bunch of points, without which, Miami would have not been in any position to challenge. He didn't play well in the last 4 or 5 minutes, however, making one three, but missing several others, and turning over the ball multiple times. Really Lebron was choking quite a bit at the end of game 6 (to be fair, after he had led them back). Only Popovich's huge mistakes in (twice!) taking TD out of the game when they needed a critical rebound and Bosh's rebound/Ray Allen's miracle three saved Miami's season. Otherwise, Lebron would have been seen as a colossal failure in the 2013 Finals, and it would be fully deserved.

But -- LBJ got his second chance, deserved or not. And he took full advantage. Game 7 of the Finals, the pressure cannot be any higher. And he hit his shots at an extremely efficient pace, for 37 points. Were they wide open for the most part? Yes but he still had to hit them. Should the Spurs had adjusted when they saw he was finally hitting? Probably not, given how effective it had been throughout the series and b/c the Spurs were right there and could have easily won that game. However, I sometimes wonder if they would have just told Leonard/Diaw/Green to play him straight up and try to shut him down, if Lebron wouldn't have faded like he has so often. He's not the best at in game adjustments and when pressure is that high, I wouldn't be surprised if the change in strategy and the pressure would have cracked him. Doesn't necessarily mean that Spurs would have won... we'll never know.

But the Spurs didn't change their strategy and Lebron didn't choke. He took what the defense gave him and made them pay. He played extremely well in the highest stakes NBA game possible. You can excuse his overall poor play in games 1 to 5.75. You can't also deny how well he played from that point forward, although there are legitimate reasons why Lebron wasn't playing against the hardest possible defense. But you still can't take it away from him.

Overall an up and down Finals performance and he rose to the occasion at the biggest moment. Not anywhere close the the greatest Finals series, nor anywhere near the worst.