PDA

View Full Version : Vegas has Cavs as favorite to win it all (9-4 odds)

Sarcastic
04-16-2015, 08:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/12702922/cleveland-cavaliers-enter-playoffs-favorites-win-nba-title

So preseason favorite (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352282), and now end of season favorite.

Bernkastel
04-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Makes sense. West will generally beat up on each other, and the East is the east. Not much competition there, so they would be relatively fresh if they got there.

sd3035
04-16-2015, 08:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/12702922/cleveland-cavaliers-enter-playoffs-favorites-win-nba-title

So preseason favorite (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352282), and now end of season favorite.

Surprised that the Warriors aren't the favorites

Rose'sACL
04-16-2015, 08:41 PM
OP never studied probability in school.

same for this guy.

Genaro
04-16-2015, 08:54 PM
You got admit Cavs path to the finals is easier and after they get there the title is up for grabs. That's why they're the favs in Vegas.

Ca$H
04-16-2015, 08:55 PM

No excuses.

Lebron23
04-16-2015, 09:20 PM
LBJ with more NBA titles than the Knicks after this season.

UK2K
04-16-2015, 09:22 PM

They only have to play one series while others have to play 3.

Makes sense.

Real14
04-16-2015, 09:27 PM
tha bulls tho.

Optimus Prime
04-16-2015, 09:30 PM
Pathetic that LeBeta will get yet another free ride to the Finals in yet another historically terrible conference. :facepalm

Warriors or Spurs will win everything though. West > East and it's not even close. The Western champ will be battle-tested by fire, while LeBeta and Co. will face little to no competition depending on how things break.

Fix the playoffs, NBA. The Least is a joke, and there's not enough room for all the asterisks after LeBeta's so-called "legacy".

:banghead:

Rose'sACL
04-16-2015, 09:35 PM
Pathetic that LeBeta will get yet another free ride to the Finals in yet another historically terrible conference. :facepalm

Warriors or Spurs will win everything though. West > East and it's not even close. The Western champ will be battle-tested by fire, while LeBeta and Co. will face little to no competition depending on how things break.

Fix the playoffs, NBA. The Least is a joke, and there's not enough room for all the asterisks after LeBeta's so-called "legacy".

heat played more games than their finals opposition in both 2012 and 2013.
Heat lost in 2011 and 2014 when they played lesser games than their opposition

Lensanity
04-16-2015, 09:38 PM
Warriors should be the favorite no doubt. Cleveland is too inexperienced.

Leroy Jetson
04-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Well it certainly helps that they will only play one real opponent to get to the finals.

Beastmode88
04-16-2015, 10:07 PM
LBJ with more NBA titles than the Knicks after this season.

idiot talking about franchises when he bandwagons. :facepalm

Lebron23
04-16-2015, 10:12 PM
idiot talking about franchises when he bandwagons. :facepalm

Knicks sucks

Beastmode88
04-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Knicks sucks

At least they're not as bad as your lay up.

Also:

http://i.imgur.com/ATOZbJe.png

Not sure if that applies since you just jump ship.

dubeta
04-16-2015, 10:15 PM

Mad?? :oldlol:

Sarcastic
04-16-2015, 10:19 PM
OP never studied probability in school.

same for this guy.

Posting a story from ESPN requires taking math in school?

Beastmode88
04-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Mad?? :oldlol:

2/5 mad? :roll: :roll:

dubeta
04-16-2015, 10:39 PM

2/8? :oldlol:

KevinNYC
04-17-2015, 01:08 AM
Vegas odds do not equal which team is most likely to win it all.

Just shows what people think are the most likely to win it all.

Lots of casual fans probably bet more heavily on Lebron.

Anyone know what the odds were last year?

plowking
04-17-2015, 01:36 AM
They only have to play one series while others have to play 3.

Makes sense.

You realize that if it was the 16 best teams, it'd still be 7 teams from the East in the playoffs, right?

If things go as planned, both the Warriors and Cavs will beat the same amount of 50 win teams on the way to the finals.

What is the problem?

J Shuttlesworth
04-17-2015, 01:38 AM
Knicks = 2/8 :roll:
LeBron has done more in 11 years than the Knicks have done in 70 years

plowking
04-17-2015, 01:43 AM

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Rekt+gif+comp_e5da7a_5444027.gif

Sarcastic
04-17-2015, 01:59 AM

So did Bill Russell. So did Magic Johnson. So did Larry Bird. So did Michael Jordan. They all did more than Lebron.

It's a player driven sport, and if you can't understand that, then I feel sorry for you, and anyone that uses a product that comes off your line.

UK2K
04-17-2015, 02:06 AM
You realize that if it was the 16 best teams, it'd still be 7 teams from the East in the playoffs, right?

If things go as planned, both the Warriors and Cavs will beat the same amount of 50 win teams on the way to the finals.

What is the problem?
And 4 of the bottom 5 would be EC teams.

Solid point.

oarabbus
04-17-2015, 02:17 AM

What is the problem?

It would be 10 West and 6 East, not 7. Phoenix has a better record than Brooklyn.

plowking
04-17-2015, 02:19 AM
And 4 of the bottom 5 would be EC teams.

Solid point.

And?

Half of Magic's runs with the Lakers had them beating a 30 something win team and a 40 something win team on the way to the finals. Just about the easiest runs you've seen, and no one says jack about it.

Why change it now? It has worked fine, and still does. The East vs West debate is constantly changing anyway. The East was better for so long, and now it is the West turn.

plowking
04-17-2015, 02:21 AM
It would be 10 West and 6 East, not 7. Phoenix has a better record than Brooklyn.

Boston has a better record than Phoenix. Thunder would be the only team that gets in, replacing Brooklyn.

J Shuttlesworth
04-17-2015, 02:42 AM
So did Bill Russell. So did Magic Johnson. So did Larry Bird. So did Michael Jordan. They all did more than Lebron.

It's a player driven sport, and if you can't understand that, then I feel sorry for you, and anyone that uses a product that comes off your line.
The point is that Knicks fans have no right to use "2/5" as some kind of insult when the Knicks have been 2/8 in the franchise history despite being the "mecca" of basketball.

I mean, you get that, right?

It'd be like Russell Westbrook fans making fun of Kobe's FG%

oarabbus
04-17-2015, 02:43 AM
And?

Half of Magic's runs with the Lakers had them beating a 30 something win team and a 40 something win team on the way to the finals. Just about the easiest runs you've seen, and no one says jack about it.

Why change it now? It has worked fine, and still does. The East vs West debate is constantly changing anyway. The East was better for so long, and now it is the West turn.

Because the West is so much better. By your logic, some day the pendulum will swing back and the East will be much better.

Guess what... if the East is so good that 13 East teams would make it and only 3 West teams... then only 3 west teams should be allowed in the playoffs. It's time to change it.

Rose'sACL
04-17-2015, 02:47 AM
Because the West is so much better. By your logic, some day the pendulum will swing back and the East will be much better.

Guess what... if the East is so good that 13 East teams would make it and only 3 West teams... then only 3 west teams should be allowed in the playoffs. It's time to change it.
I agree that it should be changed but it should be noted that last 4 winners were the teams who played the most games in playoffs.

J Shuttlesworth
04-17-2015, 02:47 AM
I'm open to the idea of changing the system, but I think the disparity gets overblown.

Only 2 teams are getting gipped out of the playoffs (Thunder and Nets) and they are largely irrelevant teams (OKC due to injury). We all know this playoffs will come down to Spurs/Warriors and Hawks/Cavs.

Could be much worse. One of those old school bull teams got in the playoffs with like a 35% win total

plowking
04-17-2015, 02:55 AM

Then you bring in a whole new standard of judging players.

How are we to compare previous players to the ones going through this new playoffs scheme. It might make it harder or easier to win a championship this way.

It just doesn't feel right, and it isn't really broke, so don't fix it. There is always plenty of excitement every single playoffs. Why change it and possibly mess it up?

The two best teams were in it last season, and the season before, and the one before that, and before that, etc. There are a select few cases where that hasn't been the case, but that is bound to happen eventually.

Sarcastic
04-17-2015, 03:06 AM
The point is that Knicks fans have no right to use "2/5" as some kind of insult when the Knicks have been 2/8 in the franchise history despite being the "mecca" of basketball.

The point is, comparing a player to an organization is dumb as fck. I mean, you get that right?

Are you saying a fan of say, the Denver Nuggets, has no right to ever criticize any player that won a ring, since that player has more rings than the entire organization?

J Shuttlesworth
04-17-2015, 03:06 AM
The point is, comparing a player to an organization is dumb as fck. I mean, you get that right?

Are you saying a fan of say, the Denver Nuggets, has no right to ever criticize any player that won a ring, since that player has more rings than the entire organization?
Criticize the player? You can criticize a player all you want...

But a nuggets fan dogging on a player for not having a ring? That's just :roll: :roll:

Rose'sACL
04-17-2015, 03:11 AM

fans of denver nuggets can't criticize jerry west by saying 1/9, criticize using legit points.
also, if a player and a franchise are comparable then it is a shame for the franchise and not for the player.

ImKobe
04-17-2015, 04:21 AM
NO ****ING EXCUSES

"new teammates, blatt bla bla bla"

Nikka, they are the favorites to win it all. Lose and Lebron has 0 case for top 10.

dubeta
04-17-2015, 04:23 AM
NO ****ING EXCUSES

"new teammates, blatt bla bla bla"

Nikka, they are the favorites to win it all. Lose and Lebron has 0 case for top 10.

hmmm, reminds me of the 2013 Lakers....

Sarcastic
04-17-2015, 06:43 AM
Criticize the player? You can criticize a player all you want...

But a nuggets fan dogging on a player for not having a ring? That's just :roll: :roll:

So let me get this straight. If I'm a Laker fan or Kobe fan, I can say "2/5", and have every right to do so. But if I am a fan of a team that does not have 2 rings, or I can't say anything about Lebron's finals record.

This is like kindergarten crap, you realize that right? Putting rules on who can say sht and who can't.

Real question, are you like 16 or somewhere around that age?

J Shuttlesworth
04-17-2015, 07:02 AM
So let me get this straight. If I'm a Laker fan or Kobe fan, I can say "2/5", and have every right to do so. But if I am a fan of a team that does not have 2 rings, or I can't say anything about Lebron's finals record.

This is like kindergarten crap, you realize that right? Putting rules on who can say sht and who can't.

Real question, are you like 16 or somewhere around that age?
You can say what you want, but you sure look stupid doing so.

It's like a virgin making fun of his virgin friend for never having sex... Makes no sense. Or like whichever player it was that made fun of Barkley for not having any rings, when said player had none. It's just stupid, and you don't have the bragging rights for the diss to have substance.

Sarcastic
04-17-2015, 07:05 AM

It's like a virgin making fun of his virgin friend for never having sex... Makes no sense. Or like whichever player it was that made fun of Barkley for not having any rings, when said player had none. It's just stupid, and you don't have the bragging rights for the diss to have substance.

Well I mean you never won a ring, so I guess you should refrain from ever criticizing a player or team that never did.

Lebron23
04-17-2015, 07:07 AM

This

Sarcastic
04-17-2015, 07:10 AM
This

Aren't you a ring virgin? Or did you win any?

Lebron23
04-17-2015, 07:18 AM
Aren't you a ring virgin? Or did you win any?

I am a LeBron james fan. 2/5 soon to be 3/6 > 2/8.

Sarcastic
04-17-2015, 07:24 AM

Ok, well I'm a Bill Russell and Michael Jordan fan.

17/19 > 3/6.

VengefulAngel
04-17-2015, 07:28 AM
Ok, well I'm a Bill Russell and Michael Jordan fan.

17/19 > 3/6.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

game3524
04-17-2015, 02:00 PM

Lmao at this loser, spit or swallow?

greymatter
04-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Makes sense. West will generally beat up on each other, and the East is the east. Not much competition there, so they would be relatively fresh if they got there.

The Warriors will have a fairly easy time getting to the WCF. If the Spurs somehow fail to beat the Clips/Rockets/or Mavs, then there's little doubt that the Warriors cakewalk it to the Finals.

Beastmode88
04-17-2015, 03:58 PM

You're officially an idiot. THE KNICKS ARE NOT THE MECCA OF BASKETBALL. New York City is the Mecca of basketball. :facepalm