PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac, Vince & Penny vs Kobe, Wade & Bron

sportjames23
04-16-2015, 09:54 PM
3 on 3, all in their primes. Who you got?

P.S.: Joey Crawford is the ref.

Dave3
04-16-2015, 09:56 PM
Is this a joke?

sportjames23
04-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Is this a joke?

Why would this be a joke? It's not like one side it pros and the other middle schoolers.

JohnFreeman
04-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Kobe, Wade and Bron would kill them

ABfor3
04-16-2015, 10:14 PM
Lebron, Wade Nd Kobe

bobopenguin
Why would this be a joke? It's not like one side it pros and the other middle schoolers.

it's indeed one sided.

Legends66NBA7
Better comparison is...

T-Mac, Melo, and Durant vs Kobe, Wade, and LeBron.

sportjames23
04-16-2015, 10:15 PM
it's indeed one sided.

I take it some of you never saw Team 1 in their primes.

bobopenguin
04-16-2015, 10:16 PM

and then u are comparing that to team 2 in their prime...

SouBeachTalents
https://sportsnewschronicle.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/kobe.jpg

dubeta
The 2nd team has a beta, a baby, and a flopper.

They also have Wade and Bron.

LoneyROY7
04-16-2015, 10:19 PM

Still butt-hurt from that burn, Dragic? :oldlol:

L.A.Showtime
04-16-2015, 10:19 PM
This is obviously one sided.

navy
04-16-2015, 10:22 PM

:biggums:

DaHeezy
04-16-2015, 10:24 PM
From the looks of this thread looks like haven't either

Kobe_6/8
04-16-2015, 10:35 PM
Bron would murder that team in the post.

0 rings or 10 rings...so tough to pick!

aj1987
04-17-2015, 12:12 AM

Replace Vince with MJ and then it's a close game. Even then team 2 is gonna win.

Team 2 has 3 scoring champs and 3 All-Defensive team members.

plowking
04-17-2015, 12:15 AM
Wade, Kobe and Bron may all be the 3 best post players of their generation.

I think that helps in a game of 3 on 3. The other team has Penny who can go down there. Otherwise it is drive or shooting all day long.

Dave3
04-17-2015, 12:16 AM
Or the case might be that you haven't lol. Tmac is my favourite player, and I've been a Raptors fan since 2001. Safe to say I watched way more games of Vince Carter and Tmac than you have, and that I probably like Tmac more than most on this forum, and this is till a joke of a question...

sportjames23
04-17-2015, 12:19 AM
OK, since some of you think Team 1 can't stop Team 2, who's gonna stop players on Team 1?

None of them are shutting down prime Penny (even Pippen and MJ could completely stop him). And this IS prime Vince here. I'm talking Raptors/early Nets Vince. And T-Mac used to score on Kobe at will.

This match up could go either way.

ShawkFactory
04-17-2015, 12:22 AM
Some of y'all are young. TMac gave Kobe PROBLEMS. More so than anyone he's ever faced.

Take Kobe at his athletic peak and give him a Bane to his Batman. He'd go 100% and ultimately win, but TMac would light his ass up if he let up for a split second. Unlike anything y'all 18 year olds have seen. **** bran, TMac is Kobe's rival.

Legends66NBA7
04-17-2015, 12:24 AM
Thing is, as much Team 2 might have trouble guarding Team 1.... They have a much better chance at stopping them than Team 1 does stopping Team 2.

Dave3
04-17-2015, 12:24 AM
Some of y'all are young. TMac gave Kobe PROBLEMS. More so than anyone he's ever faced.

Take Kobe at his athletic peak and give him a Bane to his Batman. He'd go 100% and ultimately win, but TMac would light his ass up if he let up for a split second. Unlike anything y'all 18 year olds have seen. **** bran, TMac is Kobe's rival.
Tmac isn't the issue. Tmac, Kobe, Wade, and LeBron are all pretty much the same tier, with Tmac arguably being the worst out of that group of 4, but still pretty much right there.

Vince and Penny on the other hand are a clear tier below those 4, and the defense of the former team doesn't compare to the defense of the latter with regards to their primes.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-17-2015, 12:26 AM

You sound retarded, no offense.

King/Flash/Bean take this with ease.

navy
04-17-2015, 12:33 AM
Kobe > Tmac
Lebron > Carter
Wade > Penny

And you put them in their primes in which they were all defensive monsters. lol

Milbuck
04-17-2015, 12:34 AM
OK, since some of you think Team 1 can't stop Team 2, who's gonna stop players on Team 1?

None of them are shutting down prime Penny (even Pippen and MJ could completely stop him). And this IS prime Vince here. I'm talking Raptors/early Nets Vince. And T-Mac used to score on Kobe at will.

Team 1 would get theirs, the issue is that Team 2 would get theirs even more...because they're better on both sides of the ball. Between young Kobe, Wade, and peak Lebron you have 3 ELITE defenders. Not just good, not just very good, but some of the best defenders at their positions ever. They wouldn't stop Team 1 but they could definitely keep them under control. And offensively you just got better players straight up. Kobe > T-Mac, Wade > Vince, Bron > Penny.

And for all of you guys saying T-Mac gave Kobe issues..who didn't he give issues? Dude was 6'8", long, athletic as fvck..he was just a matchup nightmare physically, even worse with the handles, jumper, and skill-set at that size. That's why you put Bron on him to match him physically and really make him work.

To make this fairer you would have to give Team 1 more firepower. Maybe switch out Vince and Penny with KD and Dr. J? T-Mac/KD/Dr.J vs Kobe/Bron/Wade?

Prometheus
04-17-2015, 12:40 AM
T-Mac, Vince & Penny vs Kobe, Wade & Bron

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/dumbfounded-gif.gif

bobopenguin
04-17-2015, 01:25 AM

http://s30.postimg.org/hmkfygvcv/face.gif

BigMacAttack
04-17-2015, 01:36 AM
Team 1 would score plenty no doubt but they couldnt D up against team 2.

How about KD/Tmac/Magic V Bron/Kobe/Wade?

ShawkFactory
04-17-2015, 01:43 AM
You sound retarded, no offense.

King/Flash/Bean take this with ease.
I said nothing on who would win. I agree with you.

Vince is the weak link, and obviously kobe/wade/Bron would win. But in that game, Mac and Kobe would be the matchup worth watching.

Smoke117
04-17-2015, 01:50 AM
I said nothing on who would win. I agree with you.

Vince is the weak link, and obviously kobe/wade/Bron would win. But in that game, Mac and Kobe would be the matchup worth watching.

Gotta love how nostalgia continues to overrate Penny Hardaway. Vince at his peak was easily better than Penny before the knee. If you want to say he would have become better if not for the injury, ok...but let's not act like Penny was putting up Chris Paul (before his injury) New Orleans numbers before he was hurt. Vince also never played with anyone like Shaq.

Vince in general is a very disrespected player for how high caliber he was.

ShawkFactory
04-17-2015, 02:00 AM
Gotta love how nostalgia continues to overrate Penny Hardaway. Vince at his peak was easily better than Penny before the knee. If you want to say he would have become better if not for the injury, ok...but let's not act like Penny was putting up Chris Paul (before his injury) New Orleans numbers before he was hurt. Vince also never played with anyone like Shaq.

Penny played nothing like Paul though, so thats not totally relevant. He was as talented as any relatively careerless person was before TMac came. Vince would be the guy doing too much when it wasn't warranted. I have a lot of respect for him as a player but his mindset wasn't fully there. At least when he was at his peak. I guess you could say the same for tracy but he at least knew when to facilitate.

Rose'sACL
04-17-2015, 02:04 AM
Kobe, wade and lebron will win easily. You have to replace one of Kobe,wade or lebron with Jordan if you want to give penny's team a chance.

Achilleas
04-17-2015, 02:05 AM
lebron stans will fight with kobe stans in the stadium who is the best player in the team :banana:

k0kakw0rld
04-17-2015, 02:08 AM

1st team has a second round virgin as a 1st option
1st team also has 3 ringless players

meanwhile...

2nd team all 3 players have at least a FMVP and at least one Ring.

Milbuck
04-17-2015, 03:36 AM
T-Mac/KD/Dr.J vs Kobe/Bron/Wade?
^ :confusedshrug:

Lebron23
04-17-2015, 03:41 AM
Team Lebron. Lebron can turn Kobe into a good team player.

imdaman99
04-17-2015, 04:02 AM
I'll take 5/7, 3/5, and 2/5.

There would be a better chance of team 2 stopping team 1 than vice versa. TMac was pretty unstoppable in his prime, but so were Kobe and Wade.

ThickassGlasses
04-17-2015, 08:44 AM
The problem is Vince never reached his full potential, IMO, and Penny even in his prime was not on the same level as everyone else.

It's gonna be a slaughter. .

LEFT4DEAD
04-17-2015, 08:51 AM

:coleman:

tmacattack33
04-17-2015, 12:13 PM
Actually it'd be more interesting than some people think.

Kobe, Wade, and Bron would have a problem with long distance shooting. Kobe is good there, but Lebron was just an average 3 pt shooter at his peak in 2009, and Wade was always a turrible distance shooter.

You'd also have better ball movement with T-mac and Penny's team. Both have elite vision.

There might also be the problem of ball-hogging on Kobe's team, but that won't happen with T-mac, Vince, and Penny.

tmacattack33
04-17-2015, 12:14 PM

Peak Vince better than Peak Penny??

:roll:

ShawkFactory
04-17-2015, 12:15 PM
^ :confusedshrug:
Mac, KD, and doc.

Trollsmasher
04-17-2015, 12:15 PM

:yaohappy:

Jailblazers7
04-17-2015, 12:18 PM

Kobe, Wade, and Bron would have a problem with long distance shooting. Kobe is good there, but Lebron was just an average 3 pt shooter at his peak in 2009, and Wade was always a turrible distance shooter.

You'd also have better ball movement with T-mac and Penny's team. Both have elite vision.

There might also be the problem of ball-hogging on Kobe's team, but that won't happen with T-mac, Vince, and Penny.

Long distance shooting doesn't matter a whole lot since it's 3 on 3 and you will have all the spacing you could dream of with no shot blockers at the rim. The big difference is that team 2 can go into another gear defensively that team 1 can't match.

jayfan
04-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Bron would murder that team in the post.

0 rings or 10 rings...so tough to pick!

Since when does Lebron murder anyone in the post?

scm5
04-17-2015, 12:31 PM

Lebron is actually the best 3 point shooter of the 3, and this is coming from a Laker/Kobe fan. Kobe is a streak shooter from 3, and while he gets hot as hell at times, he's far from consistent. Given a wide open look at 3, I would take Lebron's shot over Kobe's.

L.Kizzle
04-17-2015, 12:57 PM

Lebron is actually the best 3 point shooter of the 3, and this is coming from a Laker/Kobe fan. Kobe is a streak shooter from 3, and while he gets hot as hell at times, he's far from consistent. Given a wide open look at 3, I would take Lebron's shot over Kobe's.
Kobe Mac and Vince all better from 3 than LeBron.

aj1987
04-17-2015, 02:15 PM
Kobe Mac and Vince all better from 3 than LeBron.

Kobe and T-Mac have NEVER shot over 40% from the 3 and only 4 times they shot over 35%. LeBron already has a 40% season and 5 35% seasons. Career wise, LeBron is at 34.2%, Kobe 33.4%, and T-Mac 33.8%. They're worse than LeBron is the PO's as well.

Why is this still a topic? OP needs to go back to playing with his MJ dolls.

sportjames23
04-17-2015, 02:29 PM

Thank you.

Surprised this thread is still going since just about everyone said Bron and nem would stomp.

aj1987
04-17-2015, 02:34 PM

You must've not watched basketball since the Mav's won the title.

L.Kizzle
04-17-2015, 02:53 PM

Kobe and T-Mac have NEVER shot over 40% from the 3 and only 4 times they shot over 35%. LeBron already has a 40% season and 5 35% seasons. Career wise, LeBron is at 34.2%, Kobe 33.4%, and T-Mac 33.8%. They're worse than LeBron is the PO's as well.

Why is this still a topic? OP needs to go back to playing with his MJ dolls.
Don't look at percentages. They eye test will easily say McGrady Vince and Kobe are better shooters.

aj1987
04-17-2015, 10:24 PM
Don't look at percentages. They eye test will easily say McGrady Vince and Kobe are better shooters.
The eye test also tells me that Kobe and T-Mac jacked up and bricked a TON of 3's and were streaky AF.