PDA

View Full Version : curry might be MVP by criteria. but the best player in basketball is Anthony Davis

kennethgriffin
04-16-2015, 11:21 PM
take curry off g-state and throw in anthony davis. do they even lose a game?

25ppg/10rpg/3blk

the best defensive player in basketball

if i had curry.. i'd trade him in 2 seconds for anthony davis.. if that were even possible. but the pelicans would probably laugh at that proposal and demand klay and bogut be involved in the trade as throw ins

dubeta
04-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Kobe was never the best player in the league.

kennethgriffin
04-16-2015, 11:24 PM
years from now we're gonna laugh at the curry mvp. honestly... his style doesnt win rings

launching 10 threes a game isnt the way you lead a team to the finals

Achilleas
04-16-2015, 11:24 PM
davis will be better than curry
but curry in this team will be more important,because he can create his shoot and others shoot,in gsw nobody else can do it

kennethgriffin
04-16-2015, 11:25 PM

who the hell is talking about kobe

yeah.. kobe sucks

ok you can go now

Akrazotile
04-16-2015, 11:26 PM
Agreed.

Davis SHOULD win the MVP.

But the media insists on one of the league's best records, that way it narrows down the teams/players they have to keep track of during the season. Let's be honest, most the media who vote haven't even WATCHED Anthony Davis. Even though it's their job. They literally get paid to get a ****ing sports package and watch sports, and they have to use the crutch of "best team/best record!!!"

Then they feed the public cliches about how "you play to win the game, its all about winning" to justify their laziness, and as usual, the public just repeats it and passes it off as their own thinking :rolleyes:

It's an individual award. Wins and losses are a team statistic.

But people gonna people. It is what it is.

Akrazotile
04-16-2015, 11:27 PM

Agreed.

SugarHill
04-16-2015, 11:28 PM
Agreed.

Davis SHOULD win the MVP.

But the media insists on one of the league's best records, that way it narrows down the teams/players they have to keep track of when they vote.

Then they feed the public cliches about how "you play to win the game, its all about winning" to justify their laziness, and as usual, the public just repeats it and passes it off as their own thinking :roll eyes:

It's an individual award. Wins and losses are a team statistic.

But people gonna people. It is what it is.

Most valuable player. There is an inherent team aspect to the award. It's not called League's Best Player award or something.

bobopenguin
04-16-2015, 11:29 PM
i like both curry and davis. so either one wins mvp is fine with me.

and no, pelicans wont trade Davis for anyone, that include the package of Lebron James + Gloria James.

SouBeachTalents
04-16-2015, 11:30 PM
i like both curry and davis. so either one wins mvp is fine with me.

and no, pelicans wont trade Davis for anyone, that include the package of Lebron James + Gloria James.

What's up with the lame ass jokes on ISH recently?

Akrazotile
04-16-2015, 11:31 PM
Most valuable player. There is an inherent team aspect to the award. It's not called League's Best Player award or something.

Right, it's called the LEAGUE'S.... MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.

That means which player is most valuable in the league right now, based on this season.

It's not called "The NBA's proportionally most valuable player to his team relative to the quality of player and coaching personnel around him" Award.

bobopenguin

Davis wins mvp part? oh yeah, i admit it's bit early to say that.

KirbyPls
years from now we're gonna laugh at the curry mvp. honestly... his style doesnt win rings

Like we laugh at Kobe's placatory MVP?

You are an embarrassment to Griffey Jr. and Kobe even more. Have some respect and stan Lebron.

Rose'sACL
04-16-2015, 11:33 PM
duncan still has way better defense than davis.
Marc Gasol and Duncan are both easily better than Davis on defense.

kennethgriffin
Agreed.

ok 2 people in this thread are now trying to derail this thread

yes we all know kobe sucks.

he was carried by shaq
he stole pauls mvp
he stole gasols finals mvps
he was carried by gasol
he was carried by an organization
he was carried by phil
no rings without fisher
never the best player

:lol

http://i57.tinypic.com/x3botu.jpg

daily
Most valuable player. There is an inherent team aspect to the award. It's not called League's Best Player award or something.Folks seem to have a hard time grasping the word "valuable"

Most valuable to your team not best player on a team not best player in the league but most valuable player

Akrazotile

Legend of Josh is having a bit of a personal crisis resulting in a perpetual online meltdown.

Akrazotile
04-16-2015, 11:34 PM
Folks seem to have a hard time grasping the word "valuable"

Most valuable to your team not best player on a team not best player in the league but most valuable player

Most valuable player IN THE LEAGUE you retard.

Are you really that stupid bro??

kennethgriffin
04-16-2015, 11:34 PM
Like we laugh at Kobe's placatory MVP?

You are an embarrassment to Griffey Jr. and Kobe even more. Have some respect and stan Lebron.

so much salt

btw i've never once heard anything but "kobe should have more mvps" by anyone with an actual voice

even the biggest kobe hater bill simmons said kobe was also mvp in 06

daily
04-16-2015, 11:35 PM
Most valuable player IN THE LEAGUE you retard.

Are you really that stupid bro??

Take a seat take the L and stop talking to me until you grow a sack

Akrazotile
04-16-2015, 11:36 PM
Can someone please explain what the idea behind handing out the league's top award based on circumstances around its top players?

You're handing out literally an award for being a good player in a lucky circumstance. Why would you do that? Why would you base your top award on who a player has for a GM and a coach and role players around him??!?

You people are retarded. Leagues and tournaments always use arbitrary language to hand out awards for its top performers. Most Valuable Player, Most Outstanding Player, Player of the Year. ITS ALL THE SAME.

It's whoever the best performer that year was.

It's so ****ing simple. But then again, so are many of you.

dubeta
04-16-2015, 11:37 PM
so much salt

btw i've never once heard anything but "kobe should have more mvps" by anyone with an actual voice

lol now that I think about it Kobe not receiving the MVP in 2006 might have been the best thing to happen to him.

Can you imagine him receiving the MVP at home a week after he lost in the 1st round after quitting on his teammates? Definitely wouldnt have been a good look. And you guys though Colorado was bad :facepalm

bobopenguin
04-16-2015, 11:39 PM
lol now that I think about it Kobe not receiving the MVP in 2006 might have been the best thing to happen to him.

Can you imagine him receiving the MVP at home a week after he lost in the 1st round after quitting on his teammates? Definitely wouldnt have been a good look. And you guys though Colorado was bad :facepalm

ppl laughed at dirk for like how long? a week? it's not that disastrous as u would have put.

kennethgriffin
04-16-2015, 11:40 PM
in my opinion the mvp SHOULD go to the best player on a playoff team

any seed

1-8

as long as the player has a positive impact and puts his team in a position to succeed

if that player is the best player in the league and his team would suffer most with their mvp missing games. then that guy should win the award

its obvious the pelicans would be far more worse off than the warriors if both teams lost their star player for the season

like back in 2006.

how far does this lineup go:

smush
george
luke
cook
kwame

without kobe they win maybe 5 games. set the all time loss record

with kobe theyre in the playoffs taking phoenix to 7 games

KirbyPls
04-16-2015, 11:41 PM
so much salt

You're likely a closet Lebron stan afraid of the light. Instead of embracing your independence as a relatively functioning member of society, you degrade Kobe, a top-10 player of all time, in your insane quest to add meaning and purpose to your life. Chill bro, Kobe's legacy is solid, and your hero, Lebron, has passed him. It's fine and also just. There is simply no need to downplay Kobe with your incessant trolling. Take heed, my good man, Kobe is 83.5% the player than Bron is. No shame in that. :applause:

dreamwarrior
04-16-2015, 11:42 PM
yeah but 70% assisted rate. Isn't that a record or something.

kennethgriffin
04-16-2015, 11:43 PM
You're likely a closet Lebron stan afraid of the light. Instead of embracing your independence as a relatively functioning member of society, you degrade Kobe, a top-10 player of all time, in your insane quest to add meaning and purpose to your life. Chill bro, Kobe's legacy is solid, and your hero, Lebron, has passed him. It's fine and also just. There is simply no need to downplay Kobe with your incessant trolling. Take heed, my good man, Kobe is 83.5% the player than Bron is. No shame in that. :applause:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgIlTyCiVYQ

KirbyPls
04-16-2015, 11:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgIlTyCiVYQ

Come into the light, embrace your Lebron standom. It's easier this way.

Vanessa will not let you cut the Bryant's grass for 5 Kobe hair follicles. That dream died with the Suns loss. Stop the charade Kenneth. You're better than that.

kennethgriffin
04-16-2015, 11:48 PM
Come into the light, embrace your Lebron standom. It's easier this way.

Vanessa will not let you cut the Bryant's grass for 5 Kobe hair follicles. That dream died with the Suns loss. Stop the charade Kenneth. You're better than that.

lol what year do you think this is

lebrons generation is over bro

its the davis/harden/curry/westbrook/wiggins show now bud

so i join lebron and he retires in 4 years? yeah thatel be fun

kennethgriffin
04-16-2015, 11:51 PM
lebron after 4 seasons will be looking to enter his 17th season or retire from ball

you know how many nba careers last 17 years? not many lol

4 years and lebrons done son... if i'm gonna back a new horse its gonna be young blood

KirbyPls
04-16-2015, 11:51 PM
lol what year do you think this is

lebrons generation is over bro

its the davis/harden/curry/westbrook/wiggins show now bud

so i join lebron and he retires in 4 years? yeah thatel be fun

In your anger, you missed an apostrophe.

At least we know "The Kid" had the GOAT swing aesthetically.

dubeta
04-16-2015, 11:52 PM
lebron after 4 seasons will be looking to enter his 17th season or retire from ball

you know how many nba careers last 17 years? not many lol

4 years and lebrons done son... if i'm gonna back a new horse its gonna be young blood

Funny thing is he'll have more career points than kobe in 4 less seasons.

kamil
04-16-2015, 11:52 PM
Davis > everyone else.

KirbyPls
04-16-2015, 11:55 PM

"But, but, but, Eddie Jones was better when Kobe was young! It's not fair that Kobe couldn't start out of high school! Lebron was just better from age 18 on. 34 shots on 43% is boss!" :lol :roll: :lol :roll: :lol :roll:

kennethgriffin
04-16-2015, 11:57 PM

not likely. you know kobes playing next year right?

and kobes body/style is better suited for playing longer

plus going by jordan clarksons break out as a top 5 level prospect.
added to julius randle
added to another top 1-4 pick
added to another max free agent signing

i dont see kobe hanging em up after next season

kobe will more than likely sign another 3 year extension and retire at age 40

so tack on another 5 thousand points atleast to his career totals

which would land him at around 37k

dubeta
04-16-2015, 11:57 PM
"But, but, but, Eddie Jones was better when Kobe was young! It's not fair that Kobe couldn't start out of high school! Lebron was just better from age 18 on. 34 shots on 43% is boss!" :lol :roll: :lol :roll: :lol :roll:

:roll:

LeBron

- More points

- More assists

- More rebounds

- Higher PER

- More MVP's

- End up with more FMVP's

- Better Defense

- Better efficiency

Kobe

- More missed shots

BlakFrankWhite
04-16-2015, 11:59 PM
well,good luck to him being first round fodder

kennethgriffin
04-17-2015, 12:00 AM

LeBron

- More points

- More assists

- More rebounds

- Higher PER

- More MVP's

- End up with more FMVP's

- Better Defense

- Better efficiency

Kobe

- More missed shots

2 for 5 doe

Akrazotile
04-17-2015, 12:04 AM
Look how they all run from dat ol logic.

RUN LITTLE BOYS! RUN!!!!!!!!!!

pauk
04-17-2015, 12:07 AM
Seriously Kenneth, just copy/paste this in: "I hate Lebron :cry: " before every thread/post sentence.... that way things make sense for the public.... But then again, you have reached a point where you dont have to do that perhaps, its obvious after all these years...

kennethgriffin
04-17-2015, 12:08 AM
Seriously Kenneth, just copy/paste this in: "I hate Lebron :cry: " before every thread/post sentence.... that way things make sense for the public....

why is every lebron fan running in here?

this thread is about mvp candidates

:biggums:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-17-2015, 12:11 AM
Dude who hasn't played one playoff game in his life, is suddenly the best player? Really?

Yeah... Not buying it.

ShawkFactory
why is every lebron fan running in here?

this thread is about mvp candidates

:biggums:

plowking

This is just a dumb comment.

Based on what? What makes this hold true? Absolutely nothing.

In terms of efficiency on offense, Curry may be one of the biggest pluses on that side of the court, ever. If there is anything about Curry's game that will stop them from winning a championship, it is effort on the defensive end.

kennethgriffin
04-17-2015, 12:21 AM
This is just a dumb comment.

Based on what? What makes this hold true? Absolutely nothing.

In terms of efficiency on offense, Curry may be one of the biggest pluses on that side of the court, ever. If there is anything about Curry's game that will stop them from winning a championship, it is effort on the defensive end.

the playoffs are a different style of basketball

more rugged/more pounding/lower fg%/more pressure

defense/rebounding/passing/scoring inside/ft's

thats what wins titles... great long distance shooters who take half their shots from downtown leading a team to the title? yeah right

the warriors have a deep team. and if they win itel be because of that. not cause curry carried them or was the MVP

knicksman
04-17-2015, 12:34 AM

well how much more for bran. 2/5<<5/7

magnax1
04-17-2015, 12:40 AM
What's with this group of Bran stans that goes around derailing every thread? It's an awfully weird little club of insecure dick suckers.

Akrazotile
04-17-2015, 01:53 AM
Dude who hasn't played one playoff game in his life, is suddenly the best player? Really?

Yeah... Not buying it.

Hes not (necessarily) the best player. Id still rather have Bran or Duncan for one game I had to win.

But he had the best SEASON as an individual performer. Bran missed games with injury. Duncan was coastin. Harden and Curry were both terrific. It's not that their seasons werent MVP worthy. But Davis had the best season as an individual performer. Look at some of the metrics. Hes in real elite company.

Also, it's stupid (even for you) to say a guy cant be MVP cause he hasnt played in the playoffs. So you cant give FMVP to a guy in his first finals? :biggums:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-17-2015, 02:01 AM
Also, it's stupid (even for you) to say a guy cant be MVP cause he hasnt played in the playoffs. So you cant give FMVP to a guy in his first finals? :biggums:
It's stupid to twist my words around, and say something I never claimed. Just saying.

oarabbus
04-17-2015, 02:05 AM
take curry off g-state and throw in anthony davis. do they even lose a game?

25ppg/10rpg/3blk

the best defensive player in basketball

if i had curry.. i'd trade him in 2 seconds for anthony davis.. if that were even possible. but the pelicans would probably laugh at that proposal and demand klay and bogut be involved in the trade as throw ins

Ok then Bubblegum, got any playing cards to support your statement? :oldlol:

Akrazotile
04-17-2015, 02:13 AM
It's stupid to twist my words around, and say something I never claimed. Just saying.

I'm just playin with ya, brother.

GoSpursGo1984
04-17-2015, 03:05 AM
in my opinion the mvp SHOULD go to the best player on a playoff team

any seed

1-8

as long as the player has a positive impact and puts his team in a position to succeed

if that player is the best player in the league and his team would suffer most with their mvp missing games. then that guy should win the award

its obvious the pelicans would be far more worse off than the warriors if both teams lost their star player for the season

like back in 2006.

how far does this lineup go:

smush
george
luke
cook
kwame

without kobe they win maybe 5 games. set the all time loss record

with kobe theyre in the playoffs taking phoenix to 7 games

So you are gonna make it the which player has less talent on their team award? Just because you have more talent on your team does not make you less vaulable?

Blue&Orange
04-17-2015, 05:26 AM
Retard doesn't understand the MVP award. I wonder why he isn't pushing some random bench guy that had elite per36 "metrics" for MVP.

Lebrotards where losing in the finals is great for you legacy and where MVP should be given to the guy that scored more point on some flawed mathematical equation, just because Lebron scores great on that shit.

this idiots have no bounds when it comes to stupidity.

Blue&Orange
04-17-2015, 05:36 AM
I am really hoping that you die this year. And I am not even kidding. This board will be much better without you.
yeah i understand how many times have i ****ed you and your multiple socket puppet accounts in the ass? You acting just like the *** beta molested victim that you are, bitch.

:cheers:

Lebron23
04-17-2015, 05:40 AM
yeah i understand how many times have i ****ed you and your multiple socket puppet accounts in the ass? You acting just like the *** beta molested victim that you are, bitch.

:cheers:

I stay winning while you continue losing. Go back to using your 2 socks account F@ggot.

Smoke117
04-17-2015, 06:47 AM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1123267/tumblr_m7b7ukguzu1r2khhjo1_400.gif

Trollsmasher
04-17-2015, 06:57 AM
Two things:

1) Davis is a bird fed player (BFP). Therefore he can't be considered the best player in the game.

2) Apart from blocks his defensive game is pretty damn mediocre. As can be seen by looking at NO's defensive ranking, AD can't anchor shit even with Asik behind him.

ThickassGlasses
04-17-2015, 08:31 AM
the playoffs are a different style of basketball

more rugged/more pounding/lower fg%/more pressure

defense/rebounding/passing/scoring inside/ft's

thats what wins titles... great long distance shooters who take half their shots from downtown leading a team to the title? yeah right

the warriors have a deep team. and if they win itel be because of that. not cause curry carried them or was the MVP

Things like this make it look like you haven't watched a single Warriors game all year.

Curry is the engine behind their team, they are good because of their defense and deep bench, but they are great because of Curry. Just watch the team when he is off the court, and it's not as if Iggy and Livingston are horrible options to run an offense, but the team is a shell of itself offensively.

Shooting 10 threes a game isn't a problem if your making 40-50% of them, even against double and triple teams.

scm5
04-17-2015, 11:27 AM
Davis will be the best player in basketball soon enough, but I still think KD, Lebron, and Curry are better.

Orlando Magic
04-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Right, it's called the LEAGUE'S.... MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.

That means which player is most valuable in the league right now, based on this season.

It's not called "The NBA's proportionally most valuable player to his team relative to the quality of player and coaching personnel around him" Award.

I read all your posts and I agree with everything except the Davis part... But it is a relief that someone else gets it... Finally.

Lebron is still the best BTW. Not Davis. You could put LeBron on any team in the league and that team is making the playoffs... And most are getting home court advantage. He is the only player you can say that of