PDA

View Full Version : If D Rose wins a championship, would he crack top 10 GOAT PG's?

nathanjizzle
04-17-2015, 11:41 AM
why and why not, thanks.

keep-itreal
04-17-2015, 11:47 AM
absolutely

BigNBAfan
04-17-2015, 11:47 AM
Hell never crack top 10 because the top 10 players have been able to play more than 10 games/year

Prime_Shaq
04-17-2015, 11:52 AM
What type of championship? Isiah Thomas style championship? Jason Kidd style championship? Gary Payton style championship?

24-Inch_Chrome
04-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Nope. Not even close.

greatest-ever
04-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Depends how he plays, but even if it's at an elite level i doubt he'd crack top 10 on that alone. Magic oscar stockton Nash thomas frazier cp3 payton kidd then idk who would be 10th maybe cousy? So yeah Rose won't pass any of those guys unless he returns to prime form and sustains it.

hawksdogsbraves
04-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Dude averaged 17/5 on shitty percentages this year, he has to get healthy and stay healthy to get close to the top 10 all time.

Jailblazers7
04-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Better question: Does Pau crack the top 10 GOAT PFs list if the Bulls win a title?

scm5
04-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Better question: Does Pau crack the top 10 GOAT PFs list if the Bulls win a title?

Duncan
KG
Malone
Barkley
Dirk
McHale
Webber

Those are the only PF's that I can say that definitely belong higher on the Top 10 PF list than Pau.

Pau's already one of the Top 10 Greatest PF's ever in my book.

scm5
04-17-2015, 12:25 PM
why and why not, thanks.

No, not unless he's able to elevate his game to near his MVP season's.

BlakFrankWhite
04-17-2015, 12:35 PM
LMAO

he's a cripple,its over

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Depends how he plays, but even if it's at an elite level i doubt he'd crack top 10 on that alone. Magic oscar stockton Nash thomas frazier cp3 payton kidd then idk who would be 10th maybe cousy? So yeah Rose won't pass any of those guys unless he returns to prime form and sustains it.
If he wins a championship this year he'll be above Nash and CP3.

1 MVP/1 FMVP > 2 MVPs

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Duncan
KG
Malone
Barkley
Dirk
McHale
Webber

Those are the only PF's that I can say that definitely belong higher on the Top 10 PF list than Pau.

Pau's already one of the Top 10 Greatest PF's ever in my book.
If Pau wins gotta put him ahead of Webber,McHale,Malone, and Barkley.
Around Dirk level. We're talking 3 rings.

My list would be

Duncan
Garnett/Dirk
Gasol
Barkley
Malone

greymatter
04-17-2015, 12:51 PM
How many PGs in NBA history are there that had only 2 AS caliber seasons, sucked the rest of their careers, and weren't even the 2nd best player on their own team by the age of 26 are considered top 10?

24-Inch_Chrome
04-17-2015, 12:52 PM
If he wins a championship this year he'll be above Nash and CP3.

1 MVP/1 FMVP > 2 MVPs

No.

elementally morale
04-17-2015, 12:54 PM
Not sure if serious. Probably the worst MVP of hte last 35-40 years (has a strong case for worst ever), who had 1 great and 2 good enough years and not much else. Top 10? Come on. Top 25, if that.

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 12:54 PM
No.

Nuff said. You're biased af.

Steve Nash 0 rings.

scm5
04-17-2015, 12:56 PM
If Pau wins gotta put him ahead of Webber,McHale,Malone, and Barkley.
Around Dirk level. We're talking 3 rings.

My list would be

Duncan
Garnett/Dirk
Gasol
Barkley
Malone

Definitely. I agree with you 100%. I'm just saying that as we stand, Pau is already a Top 10 PF.

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Not sure if serious. Probably the worst MVP of hte last 35-40 years (has a strong case for worst ever), who had 1 great and 2 good enough years and not much else. Top 10? Come on. Top 25, if that.
This is a what-if situation.

A player who battles injuries for years then comes back to elite level and wins a championship is a good story.

Unlikely though. At least for him to play elite level. If we win the championship the FMVP goes to Pau.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-17-2015, 01:01 PM

Steve Nash 0 rings.

Steve Nash had arguably the greatest offensive impact of any PG ever, something seen in his effect on Phoenix's offense and the historically great offenses that he led there. He's also arguably the greatest shooter ever. Derrick Rose had one great year and jack shit apart from that. He has no legacy, he has no lasting impact, he looks to be the first MVP winner to not make the Hall of Fame.

You're calling me biased? Check your account name. :oldlol:

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Steve Nash had arguably the greatest offensive impact of any PG ever, something seen in his effect on Phoenix's offense and the historically great offenses that he led there. He's also arguably the greatest shooter ever. Derrick Rose had one great year and jack shit apart from that. He has no legacy, he has no lasting impact, he looks to be the first MVP winner to not make the Hall of Fame.

You're calling me biased? Check your account name. :oldlol:
How is it historically great if it didn't have any success?

:biggums:

And greatest shooter? Lmfao!

Jailblazers7
04-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Definitely. I agree with you 100%. I'm just saying that as we stand, Pau is already a Top 10 PF.

I'm sure some people would disagree. There are older dudes like Bob Pettit for example.

scm5
04-17-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm sure some people would disagree. There are older dudes like Bob Pettit for example.

I agree, and there is argument for those players over Pau. However, those are not players most fans would say are "definitely" better than Pau.

It's like the case with Kobe/Hakeem/Lebron. Most people would agree they belong in the Top 10, not everyone has them in their Top 10. This still makes them in general, a Top 10 player.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-17-2015, 01:07 PM
How is it historically great if it didn't have any success?

:biggums:

And greatest shooter? Lmfao!

One of the worst troll attempts I've ever seen. That, or you have some kind of learning disability. :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
04-17-2015, 01:08 PM
solid 20+ ppg championship run with a FMVP to top it off? sure.

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Come on dude, Bob Pettit was a 6'9 200 pound PF. The average weight for a PF in this league is 250~

greymatter
04-17-2015, 01:10 PM

Steve Nash 0 rings.

Derrick Fisher has 5 rings. Wow, looks like Rose isn't even the best PG named Derrick to have played in the NBA.

Is there any argument that you've posited that isn't beyond stupid?

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 01:10 PM
One of the worst troll attempts I've ever seen. That, or you have some kind of learning disability. :confusedshrug:
I understand you're from Canada buddy and you guys try to get any win you can get.. but get back to me when Nash wins a title.

...oh wait hes retired. :oldlol:

ImKobe
04-17-2015, 01:11 PM
Come on dude, Bob Pettit was a 6'9 200 pound PF. The average weight for a PF in this league is 250~

so, players can't be great based off their skill, they have to be at least the average weight and size?

Love is about 6-9 as well, he's a pretty good player.

LosBulls
Derrick Fisher has 5 rings. Wow, looks like Rose isn't even the best PG named Derrick to have played in the NBA.

Was Derrick Fisher ever the best player on his team? No. Be quiet.

Demitri98
He'd have to storm through Milwaukee, Cleveland, and Atlanta, then go off in the finals for 34/11/5/3 on about 50% with FMVP, and follow up with a regular season MVP next year. Then he's top 10.

ImKobe

It's DEREK Fisher :facepalm

LosBulls
so, players can't be great based off their skill, they have to be at least the average weight and size?

Love is about 6-9 as well, he's a pretty good player.
Love has 50 pounds on Pettit. Next.

ImKobe
04-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Love has 50 pounds on Pettit. Next.

So, Bob couldn't be better conditioned in the modern era? :oldlol:

greymatter
04-17-2015, 01:13 PM

Don't have to be PC about it. The man obviously has an extra chromosome.

BlazerRed
04-17-2015, 01:13 PM
OP is a fat piece of doo doo.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-17-2015, 01:14 PM
I understand you're from Canada buddy and you guys try to get any win you can get.. but get back to me when Nash wins a title.

...oh wait hes retired. :oldlol:

Nash is easily a top-5 all-time shooter with 2 MVPs and an unparalleled offensive impact. Boiling down a career to rings is idiotic, especially so considering Rose isn't winning anything this year, and probably won't ever win a ring as a primary option.

greymatter
04-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Was Derrick Fisher ever the best player on his team? No. Be quiet.

You just keep digging a bigger and bigger hole. Rose currently isn't even the 2nd best player on his team and it's clear that if he ever wins a title, it'll never be as the best player.

Besides, you're the one who pointed to titles without any further clarification. But hey, he has good shoe/jersey sales! He's a bonafide superstar ---even if he wouldn't make an all NBA 8th team!!!1!one!!

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Nash is easily a top-5 all-time shooter with 2 MVPs and an unparalleled offensive impact. Boiling down a career to rings is idiotic, especially so considering Rose isn't winning anything this year, and probably won't ever win a ring as a primary option.
No rings though. I'm starting to think i'm arguing with someone of inferior intellect.

The thread title is about if a player wins a championship if he cracks the Top 10.

All i'm saying is that Derrick Rose would be better than Steve Nash IF he wins the championship as the first option, something Steve Nash couldn't even do period.

Steve Nash couldn't win a championship, period.

I never said Rose will win anything, I said where he would place if he did. Where does he place? Above a guy that couldn't do what he did.

Hope your tiny brain can process what I just typed because i'm done responding to you.

beastee
04-17-2015, 01:24 PM
He'd have to storm through Milwaukee, Cleveland, and Atlanta, then go off in the finals for 34/11/5/3 on about 50% with FMVP, and follow up with a regular season MVP next year. Then he's top 10.
Yeah. I am a fan of his for sure, but you are gonna need something like this. Can it happen...maybe. Will it...nah.

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 01:26 PM
You just keep digging a bigger and bigger hole. Rose currently isn't even the 2nd best player on his team and it's clear that if he ever wins a title, it'll never be as the best player.

Besides, you're the one who pointed to titles without any further clarification. But hey, he has good shoe/jersey sales! He's a bonafide superstar ---even if he wouldn't make an all NBA 8th team!!!1!one!!
1. I never said he was the best player on his team. The question was if he wins a championship does he crack the top 10, and I said if he wins one as the primary option he does.

2. I'm pointing to titles because thats entire question. Did you seriously come in to this thread without reading the title?

Right. Lmao another mouthbreather i'm going to have to stop responding to.

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah. I am a fan of his for sure, but you are gonna need something like this. Can it happen...maybe. Will it...nah.
This right here.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-17-2015, 01:28 PM
No rings though. I'm starting to think i'm arguing with someone of inferior intellect.

The thread title is about if a player wins a championship if he cracks the Top 10.

All i'm saying is that Derrick Rose would be better than Steve Nash IF he wins the championship as the first option, something Steve Nash couldn't even do period.

Steve Nash couldn't win a championship, period.

I never said Rose will win anything, I said where he would place if he did. Where does he place? Above a guy that couldn't do what he did.

Hope your tiny brain can process what I just typed because i'm done responding to you.

If he doesn't return to peak form for at least 4-5 more seasons he's not scratching the top-10. One ring won't make up for what looks to be a career of mediocrity.

Again, boiling a career down to ring count is idiotic. Especially when there's nothing else of merit in the career in question

Jailblazers7
04-17-2015, 01:36 PM
I agree, and there is argument for those players over Pau. However, those are not players most fans would say are "definitely" better than Pau.

It's like the case with Kobe/Hakeem/Lebron. Most people would agree they belong in the Top 10, not everyone has them in their Top 10. This still makes them in general, a Top 10 player.

Well, if you want to do an all-time greats list then there should at least be an effort to have some historical context to the list. Pettit took Boston to game 7 one year while averaging 30/18/3 against Bill Russell and then proceeded to beat him the next year averaging 29/17. He is the only guy to lead a team to a Finals win over Russell but we are going to laugh at the idea of him being a top 10 PF?

greymatter
04-17-2015, 01:39 PM
1. I never said he was the best player on his team. The question was if he wins a championship does he crack the top 10, and I said if he wins one as the primary option he does.

2. I'm pointing to titles because thats entire question. Did you seriously come in to this thread without reading the title?

Right. Lmao another mouthbreather i'm going to have to stop responding to.

The sad part is that you're too dumb to realize that nothing in your previous posts said anything of the sort. Not a surprise since you have difficulty understanding what words mean.

scm5
04-17-2015, 01:49 PM
Well, if you want to do an all-time greats list then there should at least be an effort to have some historical context to the list. Pettit took Boston to game 7 one year while averaging 30/18/3 against Bill Russell and then proceeded to beat him the next year averaging 29/17. He is the only guy to lead a team to a Finals win over Russell but we are going to laugh at the idea of him being a top 10 PF?

Well, I wasn't laughing at Pettit over Pau. I was just saying that his argument over Pau isn't solid. They're both Top 10.

*** Actually, I would redo the list and take Webber off it, elevating both Pau and Pettit. I think just watching Webber growing up made me put him above Pau on the list, Webber was just so talented and fun to watch.

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 01:51 PM
The sad part is that you're too dumb to realize that nothing in your previous posts said anything of the sort. Not a surprise since you have difficulty understanding what words mean.
No, the sad part is that you are so delusional that you call people dumb talking about how they have difficulty understanding what words mean, but yet I have to literally pull out the dictionary on your ass? :coleman:

LosBulls
04-17-2015, 01:55 PM
I just don't feel like a player like Pau deserves to be shafted for a player like Pettit.

It was a different league. Those guys should have their own top 10.
You people who defend these old players all the time get so offended over the reality that the modern day league is a million times better than how it was all those decades ago, just like 50 years from now those new guys will move in to the Top 10 and guys like Jordan and Bird and Magic will be forgotten.

And that's okay. The question is "who are the best players" and you can't look at me with a straight face and tell me Bob Pettit is going to be able to compete against guys so much stronger and more skilled than he is.

It's like comparing the soldiers from the Civil War who used muskets against Navy Seals and Marines of the modern day.

Times change, players will be forgotten. Deal with it.

Jailblazers7
04-17-2015, 03:05 PM
An all time list generally requires that you consider all of history. You can judge a player who played in a separate era by simply plopping him into a time period that has had 60 years to evolve and say he isn't good. Just because you're not capable of comparing players in the history of context doesn't mean that it shouldn't matter.

Check the top 10 list online and you will see Pettit consistently on there for good reason.

ThickassGlasses
04-17-2015, 03:15 PM
:oldlol:

LosBulls has gone full retard in this thread and the Superstar thread.

Derrick Rose the top 10 all time PG and superstar that accomplished nothing but, hypothetically, winning a Chip as the 3rd option on his team.

scm5
04-17-2015, 03:25 PM
I just don't feel like a player like Pau deserves to be shafted for a player like Pettit.

I think you guys are arguing over nothing. Both are Top 10, with or without Pau winning a ring this year. They're both very accomplished and have excellent numbers to back them up.

If i had to make a list today:

Duncan
KG
Malone
Barkley
Dirk
McHale
Pau
Pettit
Webber
Rodman

A lot of you and even I am having problems putting Pau and Pettit over Webber, he was just so talented but never accomplished what they did.

greymatter
04-17-2015, 03:42 PM
No, the sad part is that you are so delusional that you call people dumb talking about how they have difficulty understanding what words mean, but yet I have to literally pull out the dictionary on your ass? :coleman:

If you weren't a total retard, you might have tried rereading all your posts in this thread to see if you indeed said "if" Rose won as the primary option.

Here's a none too subtle hint: you didn't

Now go cry to your mother/aunt.

Poetry
04-17-2015, 04:02 PM

I thought Pettit came into the league at 215 and got up to 240 with weight training.

nathanjizzle
04-17-2015, 04:20 PM
"derrick roses career is mediocre" "derrick rose is the 3rd option on his team" are you two retarded?

Pointguard
04-17-2015, 04:27 PM

When Rose played freely not favoring his leg he was the best player on the team. Its the only time when they look like contenders. If they are only missing Butler it didn't change much. Rose is the only one that can will the Bulls to a win. I don't know if another player did that in GS this year With the splash bros hot In GS.

Gas has been great and consistent. The team wasn't beating good teams with any consistency with Rose out. it won't be on Gasol's back to carry this team.

ThickassGlasses
04-17-2015, 04:31 PM
"derrick roses career is mediocre" "derrick rose is the 3rd option on his team" are you two retarded?

How has Rose not had a mediocre career up until now? Because he got the biggest gift MVP ever?

And yes, right now, the Bulls should run the offense through Butler and Pau.

poido123
04-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Your my Bulls bro but no.

Payton, Stockton, Magic, Thomas, Frazier, Oscar, Cousy, Wilkins, Kidd, Parker, Penny

That's off the top of my head.

nathanjizzle
04-17-2015, 08:45 PM
How has Rose not had a mediocre career up until now? Because he got the biggest gift MVP ever?

And yes, right now, the Bulls should run the offense through Butler and Pau.

should run through butler:roll:

rose has always been the first option. listen, in the last 5 games that rose has returned, bulls are 4-1. the 10 games before that without him they were 5-5. d rose is still the best player and the first option on the team believe it or not. pau nor butler can do what rose does, that simple.

and rose having a mediocre career is for ignorant people to believe. i mean he just has the record for most points scored by any player in a playoff debut, won olympic medals, rookie of the year, the youngest MVP ever, has a ****ing clause named after him, 2 first place teams 2 seasons in a row, 3 time allstar, thats all in 4 regular seasons and 3 playoffs while averaging 25.4 points and 7.3 assists in the playoffs. mediocre doe.