PDA

View Full Version : Bird says Pacers going to play small ball, Hibbert benched?

ImKobe
04-17-2015, 01:26 PM
:roll:

Bird said he'd like to change the #Pacers offensive style: play smaller, faster, score more points. Talked to Vogel about playing PG at 4

Bird on Hibbert: "Whatever he does, he does. We'll assume he's going to come back." If he does, #Pacers still want to play different style

Does new scheme mean Roy Hibbert will be benched, Vogel said: "Possibly."
"Roy's role will be diminished."
There it is again.

https://twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner/status/589081863483863041
https://twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner/status/589087024566505474

PG at the 4 :biggums:

Uncle Drew
04-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Hibbert to CLE for Haywood's hilarious contract. Do it Griff!

ImKobe
04-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Hibbert to CLE for Haywood's hilarious contract. Do it Griff!

Damn, Cavs ain't even eliminated from the POs yet and Bran already needs more help :biggums:

RepMe
04-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Damn, Cavs ain't even eliminated from the POs yet and Bran already needs more help :biggums:

:lol

scm5
04-17-2015, 01:40 PM
:roll:

https://twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner/status/589081863483863041
https://twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner/status/589087024566505474

PG at the 4 :biggums:

Well, PG is taller and longer than Draymond Green who plays the 4 for the Warriors. I think that's what Bird is trying to go for. He just needs to bulk up a little bit and that might be a conversation Bird has already had with PG.

PG, if he's capable of defending the floor would create a lot of mismatches in the Pacers favor. He has shown himself to be a savvy defender, so I think it's well within the realm of possibility.

It's a solid strategy in today's game.

ImKobe
04-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Well, PG is taller and longer than Draymond Green who plays the 4 for the Warriors. I think that's what Bird is trying to go for. He just needs to bulk up a little bit and that might be a conversation Bird has already had with PG.

PG, if he's capable of defending the floor would create a lot of mismatches in the Pacers favor. He has shown himself to be a savvy defender, so I think it's well within the realm of possibility.

It's a solid strategy in today's game.

He has the tools for it for sure, but dude's just coming off leg injury and now you're asking him to bulk up and bang in the post like 2013 Bran, I'm not too sure about that.

Springsteen
04-17-2015, 01:45 PM
I don't see why Hibbert needs to be benched when he can play the same role as Bogut.

T_L_P
04-17-2015, 01:59 PM
I don't see why Hibbert needs to be benched when he can play the same role as Bogut.

Problem is Hibbert moans when he doesn't get offensive touches.

He's an amazing defensive player, but he's so terrible on offense and the team is in a bad position when he asks to be included on that end.

He should play the Bogut role, but he won't want to. :confusedshrug:

VengefulAngel
04-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Imagine how stacked the Cav's are next season. :lol :lol :lol

AintNoSunshine
04-17-2015, 02:04 PM
How the fk is Hibbert consider any form of help? Hes a complete sack of sht and a waste of roster spot. Lebron literally has to drag another dead weight.

ImKobe
04-17-2015, 02:06 PM
How the fk is Hibbert consider any form of help? Hes a complete sack of sht and a waste of roster spot. Lebron literally has to drag another dead weight.

top 10 rim protector in the league for like 3 seasons now..top 5 last 2 seasons before PG injury.

VengefulAngel
04-17-2015, 02:07 PM

Lebron stan who knows nothing about basketball.

Not surprised.

tomtucker
04-17-2015, 02:58 PM

[B]small ball huh ?........guess they won

Dro
04-17-2015, 08:19 PM
I had heard about it earlier...At first I was like PG at 4? Hell no, but when I thought about it and was talking to my homeboy I work with, he's a Bulls fan, he brought up the point that if we're playing faster, hopefully, that will tire out the other PF, if its a big guy like Randolph or Duncan, or somebody like that. A lot of PF's don't post up nowadays so thats the only place I'm worried is PG guarding guys like Zack Randolph, etc. Big, traditional PF's...I'm not worried about him checking any stretch 4's even if they are bigger than him. Most stretch 4's will barely be able to dribble against PG if he's guarding them closely on the perimeter. He's a good rebounder so that works, might even grab more rebounds being closer to the basket.

I like the idea, I've wanted to play faster for years. As far as I'm concerned, we can't come back with Hibbert AND West, even if PG is 110%. We're too slow.....

Still love what Roy does on defense. Wall did nothing but settle for jumpers against us, generally every game even though he's much quicker than Hill and can get past him, he settles for jumpers because Roy is waiting at the rim. Thats stuff that does not show up on the stat sheet and we were still one of the best defenses in the league, and he's a big reason why. Guys are not scared of him, they constantly attack him, and they usually still fail.

But thats not worth 15 mil/per year and I don't want him touching the ball anymore unless he's posted up deep in the paint right in front of the rim or he gets a dropoff pass, maybe the occasional OPEN jumper. But no waiting 10 seconds for him to post up, not weak ass hook shots, no running 15 foot hook shots....

And I'm fine with him still starting if PG is at the 4, like I said, I want no more of West AND Hibbert both starting. One of them needs to come off the bench. Neither of them is opting out and leaving that money on the table. West looks like he may be benched to put PG at the 4. If West is playing center, our defense won't be as good. Roy I guess needs to be out there, he just shouldn't be touching the ball that much...