PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban shits on the Rockets but praises Harden

SugarHill
04-17-2015, 11:15 PM
Remember when Rick Carlisle said he didn't think Mark Cuban was going to talk much during this Mavericks Rockets series? I couldn't tell if he was joking. I really hope he was joking. It's been two days and we already have this Cuban gem.

"There's no more predictable team than the Rockets," Cuban told Kirk Goldsberry. "You know exactly what they're gonna do. But James Harden is so good. That's what analytics have begot. Right? Predictability. If you know what the percentages are, in the playoffs, you have time to counter them. Whether you're good enough to do it is another question. Because they are very talented, and James Harden, I think, is the MVP. Because that's not a very good team over there."

This was part of a big, excellent Grantland feature on Cubes. To be fair, Cuban literally called James Harden the MVP. To be fair, this is part of what was probably an hour-long interview, and we're pulling out a single paragraph, because everyone is pulling out this single paragraph. To be fair, Cuban could have been referring to the Rockets this season, which included Dwight Howard missing 41 games and a bevy of other injuries. To be fair, this is the exact analysis most writers (and even some Rocket fans) have been using to push Harden for MVP.

But Cuban, you literally said the Rockets are "not a very good team" and you know that's what people are going to read from that!

Hey, it's the Cuban way. Anything that adds to this wonderful Mavericks and Rockets rivalry is fine by me. At least he didn't call NASA a muddy, ugly-ass center for space junk or something.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/4/17/8448205/mark-cuban-james-harden-mvp-mavericks-rockets-nba-playoffs-2015

TylerOO
04-17-2015, 11:16 PM
He is right

UK2K
04-17-2015, 11:22 PM
Can't wait for the Rox to win in 5.

Cuban will go out and overpay another role player.

gts
04-17-2015, 11:25 PM
:facepalm Mark Cuban needed analytics to tell him what the Rockets were gonna do with the ball

I wonder how much he paid the that little gem

gilalizard
04-17-2015, 11:34 PM
Cuban needs to re-learn to stfu during the playoffs. He managed it during the Mavs title run, but apparently the lesson didn't stick.

Smoke117
04-17-2015, 11:55 PM
If you're a billionaire who owns his own basketball team and you can't run your mouth...than what's the ****ing point? Mark Cuban is an awesome owner as far as I'm concerned. That's without mentioning that his checkbook is always ready to write a check to make the team better...you can't say that for a lot of owners who just think of a basketball team as a toy they play with and than get bored of and toss aside.

AcquiringSteak
04-18-2015, 12:01 AM
I love how mark cuban says it how it is, and to be really honest most of his comments on basketball are spot on

GoRapz
04-18-2015, 12:35 AM
If you're a billionaire who owns his own basketball team and you can't run your mouth...than what's the ****ing point? Mark Cuban is an awesome owner as far as I'm concerned. That's without mentioning that his checkbook is always ready to write a check to make the team better...you can't say that for a lot of owners who just think of a basketball team as a toy they play with and than get bored of and toss aside.

Real talk. This generation is too soft and everything gets put under the microscope :facepalm

ProfessorMurder
04-18-2015, 01:04 AM
:facepalm Mark Cuban needed analytics to tell him what the Rockets were gonna do with the ball

I wonder how much he paid the that little gem

He's saying that the Rockets listen to the analytics, and are therefore predictable because the Mavs can look at them too.

No reason to be snarky about it, dude.

gts
04-18-2015, 01:16 AM
He's saying that the Rockets listen to the analytics, and are therefore predictable because the Mavs can look at them too.

No reason to be snarky about it, dude.

but snarky is fun.. besides it's Cuban... 90% of the sh*t he says is snarky :lol

dazzer87
04-18-2015, 02:27 AM
:applause:

kenny817
04-18-2015, 03:29 AM
Can't wait for the Rox to win in 5.

Cuban will go out and overpay another role player.

Cuban has a championship...what has Morey done?

I'll wait

josh99
04-18-2015, 03:51 AM
He's right. Dwight is the only other player that might be considered an all-star when he is 100% healthy... and he's not 100% healthy. Take the best player out for each team and Houston probably has the worst team in Western Playoffs other than maybe the Pelicans.

TBH that's probably why they are going to struggle. Slow down Harden and you win the game, there's no other playmaking threats for them to worry about.

masonanddixon
04-18-2015, 05:18 AM

I'll wait

No thanks to Cuban though. He's the same dickhead who barged into Nellie's office in 2003 with an MRI and letter from a random orthopod demanding that he play Dirk in Game 6 and jeopardize his future.

Wiltside
04-18-2015, 05:39 AM
:applause:

Sakkreth
04-18-2015, 05:56 AM
He's right. Dwight is the only other player that might be considered an all-star when he is 100% healthy... and he's not 100% healthy. Take the best player out for each team and Houston probably has the worst team in Western Playoffs other than maybe the Pelicans.

TBH that's probably why they are going to struggle. Slow down Harden and you win the game, there's no other playmaking threats for them to worry about.

Atleast not anymore.

Mayweather
04-18-2015, 05:00 PM

I'll wait

Why compare an owner to a GM? Cheap Les Alexander has 2 rings, how many more is that than Cuban?

I'll wait