PDA

View Full Version : Remember when Cuban blew up the championship team, cause they were too old in 2012.

R.I.P.
04-19-2015, 12:28 AM
PG JJ Barea 12 points, 4 assists
SG Jason Terry 16 points, 11 assists
SF Corey Brewer 15 points
PF Dirk 24 points, 8 rebounds
C Tyson 11 points, 18 rebounds

32-53 (60%) from the field
8-12 (66%) from 3pt range

****ing dumbass Cuban. They should make a 30 for 30 on how that genius Cuban dismantled a championship team.

RightTwoCensor
04-19-2015, 12:30 AM
Almost as dumb as Oklahoma City trading the MVP for a towel boy, a DVD rental, and Steven Adams.

ABfor3
04-19-2015, 12:31 AM
Brewer barely played on that Championship run, funny how things workout

game3524
04-19-2015, 12:31 AM
I still remember the his excuse being that they had to think about the future. As if any big time free agent was really going to come to Dallas.:oldlol:

Akrazotile
04-19-2015, 12:35 AM
Easy to say in hindsight

daily
04-19-2015, 12:37 AM
Almost as dumb as Oklahoma City trading the MVP for a towel boy, a DVD rental, and Steven Adams.Sweeney Todd is hard to find on DVD

watch some dork throws us a link to Amazon

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-19-2015, 12:38 AM
Easy to say in hindsight
Omm were u watchin ball at the time? Everyone was rippin Cuban for it. Only ones defending the move were hardcore Mavs fans

Kargo
04-19-2015, 12:42 AM
Omm were u watchin ball at the time? Everyone was rippin Cuban for it. Only ones defending the move were hardcore Mavs fans

Not really,most Mavs fans were furious about losing Tyson and the bench for a promise and nothing else.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Not really,most Mavs fans were furious about losing Tyson and the bench for a promise and nothing else.
I remember arguin w/ Mavs fans on here about it..........not every Mavs fan OFC but they were the most vocal by far when it came to defending the move

Kargo
04-19-2015, 12:47 AM
I remember arguin w/ Mavs fans on here about it..........not every Mavs fan OFC but they were the most vocal by far when it came to defending the move

The crazy thing is,Cuban kept tinkering and tinkering and tinkering for years to fit the pieces around Dirk and once he finally found the perfect match ,he decided he could tinker even better.

And as the story goes,he has been tinkering ever since.:oldlol:

Pushxx
04-19-2015, 12:52 AM
Cuban somehow thought it was a lock to get Dwight Howard and/or Deron Williams.

Mistakes were made.

JohnFreeman
04-19-2015, 12:53 AM

Mistakes were made.
Not mistakes in hindsight to be honest.

Sarcastic
04-19-2015, 12:56 AM
Lettuce be reality, they only won in 2011 cuz Bran choked it away.

alanLA92
04-19-2015, 01:00 AM
Mavs won the title in '11 due to getting hot at the right time. They were a great team but not the best overall. However, it was stupid to blow up a championship one year later so you can choke in FA the next few years.

Kargo
04-19-2015, 01:01 AM

Exhibit A:

Durrant,Westbrook,Harden,Ibaka:next year finalists
Kobe,Gasol,Bynum with Phil Jackson:the previous champions
Lebron,Wade,Bosh:next two year champions

Every team healthy,no game 7's,only 5 losses,no loss over 8 points,no ref help.

Easily the most impressive championship run in the last 10 years.

el gringos
04-19-2015, 02:33 AM
Exhibit A:

Durrant,Westbrook,Harden,Ibaka:next year finalists
Kobe,Gasol,Bynum with Phil Jackson:the previous champions
Lebron,Wade,Bosh:next two year champions

Every team healthy,no game 7's,only 5 losses,no loss over 8 points,no ref help.

Easily the most impressive championship run in the last 10 years.
Yeahp. Hard to try to say they. "Lucked" into anything

oarabbus
04-19-2015, 02:58 AM

:biggums: more like because Dirk went God mode

masonanddixon
04-19-2015, 06:21 AM

No, they beat the shit out of Miami that series.

Rose'sACL
04-19-2015, 06:36 AM
No, they beat the shit out of Miami that series.
lebron choked and the series still went 6 games. if wade played well in game 6, series might have gone to 7 games.

RepMe
04-19-2015, 06:37 AM

Agreed. Everybody thought they should retain Tyson, and many thought they should have kept JJ.

Rose'sACL
04-19-2015, 06:41 AM
i don't know if it was the right move or not but i believe that both 2012 spurs and 2012 heat would have won against them so it doesn't matter that much in the end. Mavs took advantage of lebron not having a good post game in 2011 finals.

ArbitraryWater
04-19-2015, 06:52 AM

Not really... easy to say now, but Mavs wouldnt have won a title with that team anyway.

FreezingTsmoove
04-19-2015, 11:47 AM

STFU I cant count the number of negs I got from Mavs fans when I called out Cuban for being a cheapskate

brain drain
04-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Remember when Cuban thought he was the only one who really understood the new CBA and its ramifications?

The guy's so full of himself, he makes the dumbest moves while thinking he's the smartest man in the universe. It's simply unbeliebable.

brain drain
04-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Mavs won the title in '11 due to getting hot at the right time. They were a great team but not the best overall. However, it was stupid to blow up a championship one year later so you can choke in FA the next few years.

The Mavs flew somewhat under the radar during the regular season.
They lost some games while Dirk was out, then Dirk came back but wasn't 100% and they lost some games until Dirk got back in shape.

IIRC, their winning percentage with healthy Dirk was actually good for the best record in the NBA that year.

UK2K
04-19-2015, 12:27 PM

Mistakes were made.
Then this guy Daryl Morey came along....

brain drain
04-19-2015, 12:37 PM
Nah, that was much later. IIRC, they thought they could get him for the 12/13 season at the latest. But then Howard signed a one year extension in 2012. Of course, Cuban tried again in 2013 with his stupid animation movie and lost against Morey, but at that time the original plan had already failed.

The whole thing was stupid anyway. Anyone with half a brain knew that Dirk was nearing the end of his prime in 2011 and by winning the championship, they had proven that the 2011 team was good enough to contend. Letting key players go when your superstar is 33 in order to build a new team one or two years later is just stupid, Cuban simply didn't realize that time was his greatest enemy.

DMAVS41
04-19-2015, 02:31 PM

If you think a team like that is winning the title...you are ****ing nuts.

Yes, lets look at one game in which absolutely no defense was played by the Mavs to prop Terry and Brewer.

I did like Brewer a lot though...wrote at the time that we should have kept him.

But the other guys? Nah...weren't winning shit with them taking up the entire cap from 12 through 14.

SpecialQue
04-19-2015, 02:55 PM

Rocket fans really need to line up to suck on Kobe's nuts because if he wasn't such a dickhead to Dwight they might never have paired him with Harden.

Micku
04-19-2015, 04:13 PM

Mistakes were made.

Yeah. The dude was looking for the future. He gambled and it didn't work out. Simple as that.