PDA

View Full Version : It's safe to say Kevin Durant will not be the best player in the NBA at any point

Tarik One
04-19-2015, 05:35 PM
It's often been prognosticated that KD would rule the NBA for many years as the best player and inevitably surpass Lebron. Problem is, their relative primes are not that far apart.

By the time Lebron declines, Anthony Davis will be at the top anyway.

J Shuttlesworth
04-19-2015, 05:36 PM
I was thinking about this yesterday too. With KD's health issues, it's most likely that AD will be the best player in the league when LeBron's real decline begins.

ImKobe
04-19-2015, 05:36 PM
He was the best just last season and arguably in 2012 :kobe:

Fudge
04-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Too late. As a LeBron fan, I can admit that he was the best player in the world last year, bud. :hammerhead:

Quit being stoop.

G0ATbe
04-19-2015, 05:37 PM
He was already the best pre-injury....

J Shuttlesworth
04-19-2015, 05:38 PM
:kobe:

He wasn't really the best last year despite winning MVP. Him and LeBron ended up with the same ending to their season, getting beat by the Spurs. It was basically a wash between KD and LeBron

That's not enough to crown him the best player in the world.

Kingwillball
04-19-2015, 05:38 PM

Yet nobody in sports media ever says that.. strange..

PistonsFan#21
04-19-2015, 05:39 PM

you mean the same year Lebron sent his ass home after beating him 4-1 in the finals even though Durant had Westbrook AND Harden on his team??

yea i guess its arguable :rolleyes:

ABfor3
Kind of sucks that injuries might rob us of another great player in his prime/peak. Hopefully he can stay healthy, would hate to see him go down like that.

J Shuttlesworth
Yet nobody in sports media ever says that.. strange..
Even his biggest haters like Simmons or Bayless don't call KD > LeBron

zoom17
04-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Durant should have went to Germany for his foot surgery.

Fudge
04-19-2015, 05:41 PM
you mean the same year Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Mario Chalmers, and LeBron sent his ass home after beating him 4-1 in the finals even though Durant had Westbrook AND Harden on his team??

fixed

KD and Bron were a wash in that series. Miami's other guys stepped up, and OKC's didn't. Simple.

Fudge
04-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Durant should have went to Germany for his foot surgery.
zooooom, my buddy! I agree.

How you been?

SouBeachTalents
04-19-2015, 05:45 PM

:oldlol:

ImKobe
04-19-2015, 05:49 PM
you mean the same year Lebron sent his ass home after beating him 4-1 in the finals even though Durant had Westbrook AND Harden on his team??

Multiple game winners in the Playoffs, 29/7/4/2/1 on 52/37/86 shooting

31/6/2 on 55/39/84 shooting in the Finals while being defended by Lebron

I didn't say he was the best player in 2012, I said it was arguable. Lebron's teammates happened to perform better than KD's. KD had 35 combined points in the two 4th quarters in Games 1-2, they got screwed by the refs on a non-call, where Lebron hacked him late in the 4th that sealed the game for Miami + Russ blew Game 4 with an intentional foul on a jump ball.

SexSymbol
04-19-2015, 05:52 PM
He was the best player last year, quite obviously.
And AD doesn't really have that potential to be the best in the league, he's very soft

J Shuttlesworth
04-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Multiple game winners in the Playoffs, 29/7/4/2/1 on 52/37/86 shooting

31/6/2 on 55/39/84 shooting in the Finals while being defended by Lebron

I didn't say he was the best player in 2012, I said it was arguable. Lebron's teammates happened to perform better than KD's. KD had 35 combined points in the two 4th quarters in Games 1-2, they got screwed by the refs on a non-call, where Lebron hacked him late in the 4th that sealed the game for Miami + Russ blew Game 4 with an intentional foul on a jump ball.
Going purely off stats doesn't do it justice. LeBron had the biggest impact on the series of any player on the floor. LeBron was setting up most of those open looks in game 5 and was a huge part of the reason the Heat won. Also, his defense was spectacular, and he was the main rim protector for the Heat. Those were responsibilities KD didn't have.

MVP, ring, FMVP = best player in the league 2012 hands down.

2014 is arguable, but I think them both losing to the Spurs makes it a wash. Certainly not enough for Durant to take the crown of best player in the world IMO

J Shuttlesworth
04-19-2015, 05:54 PM
And AD doesn't really have that potential to be the best in the league, he's very soft
Soft = 18 pts in the 4th against the best team in the league in your first playoff performance?

Smoke117
04-19-2015, 05:55 PM

:lol God you're an idiot.

ImKobe
04-19-2015, 05:56 PM
Going purely off stats doesn't do it justice. LeBron had the biggest impact on the series of any player on the floor. LeBron was setting up most of those open looks in game 5 and was a huge part of the reason the Heat won. Also, his defense was spectacular, and he was the main rim protector for the Heat. Those were responsibilities KD didn't have.

MVP, ring, FMVP = best player in the league 2012 hands down.

2014 is arguable, but I think them both losing to the Spurs makes it a wash. Certainly not enough for Durant to take the crown of best player in the world IMO

Lebron shot around 20% outside the paint for the series and had KD dominate him on the defensive end for the most part. His guys have to be able to make those threes and Wade was balling in that series as well while Harden played like crap and Magic called Russ's 1st half performance in I think Game 2 the worst he's ever seen by a point guard, that speaks volumes. Lebron has the statistical edge, but KD faced better teams on the road to the Finals and had multiple game-winners, including one against my Lakers with a pull-up 3 that basically ended the series.

KD was the MVP of 2014 regular season and carried the Thunder all year with Russ injured and got fatigued in the Playoffs, he certainly had the better year if we're going off accolades and stats.

It's all arguable, you can certainly make a case that he has been the best player in the league at least once. 32/8/5 on near 50/40/90 shooting was something special.

Kingwillball
04-19-2015, 05:57 PM

Not even close U saw in Playoffs he became a one trick pony (jump Shooter)when not bailed out on soft call. lebron easily better last year especially in Playoffs.

SouBeachTalents
04-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Lebron shot around 20% outside the paint for the series and had KD dominate him on the defensive end.

KD was the MVP of 2014 regular season and carried the Thunder all year with Russ injured and got fatigued in the Playoffs, he certainly had the better year if we're going off accolades and stats.

LeBron certainly did in 2012. LeBron has a much better case for 2012 than Durant does for 2014

Kingwillball
04-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Lebron shot around 20% outside the paint for the series and had KD dominate him on the defensive end for the most part. His guys have to be able to make those threes and Wade was balling in that series as well while Harden played like crap and Magic called Russ's 1st half performance in I think Game 2 the worst he's ever seen by a point guard, that speaks volumes.

WTF are U talking about.. Trolling hard

game3524
04-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Not even close U saw in Playoffs he became a one trick pony (jump Shooter)when not bailed out on soft call. lebron easily better last year especially in Playoffs.

Lebron was better in the playoffs, but KD was clearly better then him in the regular season.

ILLsmak
04-19-2015, 09:27 PM
It's often been prognosticated that KD would rule the NBA for many years as the best player and inevitably surpass Lebron. Problem is, their relative primes are not that far apart.

By the time Lebron declines, Anthony Davis will be at the top anyway.

He got hurt and that may be an issue. We'll see. IF it isn't then yeah... he will be ruling the NBA. AD is good but you also need a team around you. The best player wins rings, fair or not.

KD last season was godly.

Edit: Not to mention Bron fell off hard. He's just not that good anymore. lol. It's no longer like BEST PLAYER EVER SON. He's still up there, but he's not ahead. He's really turning it over a lot and struggling to impose his will sometimes.

-Smak

sportjames23
04-19-2015, 09:28 PM
Too late. As a LeBron fan, I can admit that he was the best player in the world last year, bud. :hammerhead:

Quit being stoop.

You lose a bet or somethin, Fudge? You on Bron's nuts lately. :wtf:

KDthunderup
04-19-2015, 09:36 PM
Unlikely since Durants in a much better position to win a title. Lebron wasn't consensus best player until he won a ring, no matter how dominant he was same. Same will be for kd and davis.