PDA

View Full Version : 3ball, who do you root for?

JohnMax
04-19-2015, 09:00 PM
who are your favorite players and teams that are currently in the NBA

zizozain
04-19-2015, 09:03 PM
against lebron of course... like every true basketball fan

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-19-2015, 09:03 PM
Jordan's prime (via VHS) ...

fiddy
04-19-2015, 09:06 PM
"Bobcats" :oldlol:

navy
04-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Hornets

Imtheman
04-19-2015, 09:09 PM
:facepalm

ShawkFactory
04-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Paint-campers

RoundMoundOfReb
04-19-2015, 09:15 PM
:roll: :roll:

imnew09
04-19-2015, 09:17 PM
No one. Because what if they surpass MJ

fiddy
04-19-2015, 09:18 PM
OP said Bobcats, but deleted his message before i could quote him.

Smook A.
04-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Bulls from 84-93 & 96-98
Wizards from 01-03

He re-watches their games and acts as if it's present day.

beastee
04-19-2015, 09:22 PM
If its anything but the bulls...f him.

Imtheman
OP said Bobcats, but deleted his message before i could quote him.
Don't cover up your own embarrassment:roll:

Prometheus
I'd bet the farm that he secretly roots for LeBron, HARD.

fiddy
04-19-2015, 09:24 PM
I wouldnt have put it in quotes.

navy
04-19-2015, 09:27 PM
TMZ is a notorious editor/deleter. I'd trust fiddy on this one.

Trollsmasher
04-19-2015, 09:41 PM
OP is implying the 3ball has actually watched a single minute of basketball since 2003

zizozain
04-19-2015, 09:45 PM
i saw it

alanLA92
04-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Bulls from 84-93 & 96-98
Wizards from 01-03

So did he watch Triple-A ball during the mid-90s? Dudes committed. :applause:

3ball
04-19-2015, 11:38 PM
Bulls from 84-93 & 96-98
Wizards from 01-03

high standards.. :confusedshrug:

3ball
04-19-2015, 11:41 PM
who are your favorite players and teams that are currently in the NBA

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/2f0916c1c35cd28952d8095b53423178.gif

that's a cold-blooded ***** dawg

as far as teams, i enjoy watching the spurs own today's era with old, previous era players (pre-rule changes), who weren't the best pre-rule changes, but they are now in today's softer game.

okc used to be my team before i was forced to accept the ineptness of their front office and coach.. but durant - even without a post game or inside game, he has all-world skill.. and who doesn't like watching MJ's mini-me (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369162)?

SamuraiSWISH
04-19-2015, 11:49 PM
I'd bet the farm that he secretly roots for LeBron, HARD.
So your theory is he's an elaborate facade, attempting to get people annoyed with the idea of MJ as GOAT? Interesting.

Prometheus
04-20-2015, 12:04 AM
So your theory is he's an elaborate facade, attempting to get people annoyed with the idea of MJ as GOAT? Interesting.

No, I didn't say that. I think deep down he is just a hardcore bran stan, and he is in profound denial of this. So he has constructed a false identity in order to compensate.

Kind of like a major homophobic preacher who speaks out publicly against gay marriage, but then gets caught with a male prostitute in a hotel room.

I honestly think 3ball LOVES LeBron James.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-20-2015, 12:13 AM
No, I didn't say that. I think deep down he is just a hardcore bran stan, and he is in profound denial of this. So he has constructed a false identity in order to compensate.

Kind of like a major homophobic preacher who speaks out publicly against gay marriage, but then gets caught with a male prostitute in a hotel room.

3ball is a Kobe/Jordan fan who legit hates LeBron. Your example is hilarious, but isn't apropos here.

We all know who his main belongs to. I pretty much outed him months ago.

Prometheus
04-20-2015, 12:25 AM
3ball is a Kobe/Jordan fan who legit hates LeBron. Your example is hilarious, but isn't apropos here.

I'm clownin. Way to play along.

I missed that one though... who is he?

Roundball_Rock
04-20-2015, 12:44 AM

Is it Samurai or OSB? :oldlol:

Cocaine80s
04-20-2015, 12:48 AM
No one. Because what if they surpass MJ
:roll:

SamuraiSWISH
04-20-2015, 12:49 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

3ball
04-20-2015, 12:54 AM
:roll:
actually, i would invite someone to come along and be better than MJ.

i'm eagerly WAITING on that guy.

can you imagine what that would look like?

can you imagine a guy coming along with truly better stats, performance, dominance and impact than MJ?

the only problem i see is that it might not happen in my lifetime... :(

there's a kid, marvin bagley - if he turns into a full fledged guard as i expect him to, you never know... i like the way they've been bringing him along.. they didn't try to turn him into a guard right away and ruin his game (see thon maker).. he started out as a center (old school-style), but he was so athletic, even in his 8th grade footage you can see his guard tendencies, and now in his freshman highlights, you see the natural guard footwork he has starting to show more and more... could be scary..

3ball
04-20-2015, 12:58 AM

:applause:

elite post/troll.. maybe ur turning over a new leaf

i'd rep you but it could be a fluke

Cocaine80s
04-20-2015, 01:05 AM

can you imagine a guy coming along with truly better stats, performance, dominance and impact than MJ?

there's a kid, marvin bagley - if he turns into a full fledged guard as i expect him to, you never know... i like the way they've been bringing him along.. they didn't try to turn him into a guard right away and ruin his game (see thon maker).. he started out as a center (old school-style), but he was so athletic, even in his 8th grade footage you can see his guard tendencies, and now in his freshman highlights, you see the natural guard footwork he has starting to show more and more... could be scary..
He plays in Cleveland and has the same number as MJ

Smook A.
04-20-2015, 01:07 AM

Ok honestly, who in the world do you root for?

24-Inch_Chrome
04-20-2015, 01:12 AM
3ball thinking his rep means something. :kobe:

I don't know if we'll ever see the next Jordan. Still haven't seen the next Gretzky/Lemieux, Ruth/Williams, etc.

3ball
04-20-2015, 01:40 AM
Ok honestly, who in the world do you root for?

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/2f0916c1c35cd28952d8095b53423178.gif

as far as teams, i enjoy watching the spurs own today's era with old, previous era players that can only still play at a high level because the game is softer and easier (dat spacing & no physicality.. also, bigs don't carry heavy loads anymore - they aren't required to have the offense run through them anymore - now they just set screens, facilitate, and D-and-Dunk - i.e. an easier game, hence duncan and the spurs still being relevant).

okc used to be my team before i was forced to accept the ineptness of their front office and coach.. but durant - even without a post game or inside game, he has all-world skill.. and who doesn't like watching MJ's mini-me (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369162)?

Cocaine80s
04-20-2015, 01:46 AM
3ball how old are you? just curious

JohnMax
04-20-2015, 01:48 AM
is Kobe your favorite post Jordan player?

pauk
04-20-2015, 02:00 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-11yQvgIM2nU/UzN6s--sOTI/AAAAAAAAETs/gLkn9D0YMCI/s1600/lebclap.gif

3ball
04-20-2015, 02:52 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-11yQvgIM2nU/UzN6s--sOTI/AAAAAAAAETs/gLkn9D0YMCI/s1600/lebclap.gif
i actually don't have a problem with lebron - i don't dislike him as a person or basketball player.. i actually LIKE some of the things he does - he's a nice guy... a likeable guy.

i just cringe at the thought of people thinking he holds a candle to MJ on the court, because i know basketball, and i know he's so far away.. people just don't realize how much better MJ was.. they think it's close..

also, i can't stand to hear media people say that today's game would be harder for previous era players.. the notion that today's spaced-out, non-physical game where the NBA has mandated a clear lane with defensive 3 seconds (although the spacing already clears it) is somehow harder than previous eras is just.... like... i don't know what to say.. guys like skip bayless and bill simmons have no clue what they're talking about.

i mean gimme a break - these guys got blown away by Carlos Arroyo's Puerto Rico team - Arroyo was the 3rd string backup behind 40-year old Stockton in 2003 (at 40, stockton was still getting 11/8, 60% TS, with 7 offensive win share.. ****ing amazing).. you think arroyo is going to be pumping his jersey and punking Magic, Bird and Stockton like he did Wade (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373182) and company?.. These are the types of things give us the best indication of how the game has devolved from previous eras.. devolve is a word, so it does occur.

sportjames23
04-20-2015, 02:57 AM
He plays in Cleveland and has the same number as MJ

Sad shit is, you actually believe that. :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
04-20-2015, 03:07 AM
i actually don't have a problem with lebron - i don't dislike him as a person or basketball player.. i actually LIKE some of the things he does - he's a nice guy... a likeable guy.

i just cringe at the thought of people thinking he holds a candle to MJ on the court, because i know basketball, and i know he's so far away.. people just don't realize how much better MJ was.. they think it's close..

also, i can't stand to hear media people say that today's game would be harder for previous era players.. the notion that today's spaced-out, non-physical game is somehow harder than previous eras is just.... like... i don't know what to say.. guys like skip bayless and bill simmons have no clue what they're talking about.

i mean gimme a break - these guys got blown up by Carlos Arroyo's Puerto Rico team - Arroyo was the 3rd string backup behind 40-year old Stockton in 2003 (at 40, stockton was still getting 11/8, 60% TS, with 7 offensive win share.. ****ing amazing).. you think arroyo is going to be pumping his jersey and punking Magic, Bird and Stockton like he did Wade (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373182) and company?.. These are the types of things give us the best indication of how the game has devolved from previous eras.. devolve is a word, so it does occur.
21-year-old Wade who'd had ONE YEAR of NBA experience? Compared to Magic, Bird, and Stockton...all 30 years old or more with multiple rings, MVPs, etc. between them? That's the comparison you're going with?

Could you imagine someone like Arroyo doing that to Wade NOW? Cause he'd pretty much be in the same position as Magic and Bird were in 92. Well past his very accomplished prime.

And the international game has Evolved. There's been an ever increasing number of international players in the NBA, and thus the mindset has changed when it comes to facing NBA players.

Cocaine80s
04-20-2015, 03:08 AM
Sad shit is, you actually believe that. :oldlol:
If we look at things objectively and without bias Lebron is arguably better than MJ

ShawkFactory
04-20-2015, 03:11 AM
If we look at things objectively and without bias Lebron is arguably better than MJ
No. Very much so.

3ball
04-20-2015, 03:41 AM
Could you imagine someone like Arroyo doing that to Wade NOW?

Of course Arroyo would still punk him today.. Why woudn't he?... If his team was blowing USA out of the gym like they did in the Olympics, then he absolutely would - That's the only reason Arroyo punked them - because his team had blown them out of the gym.

Kvnzhangyay
04-20-2015, 03:43 AM
remember when 3ball said he once was like a d1 college basketball player

3ball
04-20-2015, 03:46 AM
22-year-old Wade who'd had ONE YEAR of NBA experience? Compared to Magic, Bird, and Stockton...

Players in previous eras were much more ready to contribute right away - at 22 years old, most of the Dream Team, including Magic, Bird, Jordan, Robinson, Ewing, and Barkley were all much better than 22-year old Wade (Wade's age in 2004).

And btw, a league where players went to college and are more ready to play right away IS A TOUGHER LEAGUE than one where most guys come in the league and aren't ready to play - just another reason the league was tougher back then.

3ball
04-20-2015, 04:57 AM
22-year-old Wade.. Compared to Magic, Bird, and Stockton

2006 Wade lost with Team USA right after winning Finals MVP... But regardless, I never compared the 2002, 2004, or 2006 USA teams to the Dream Team anyway (why would I?)

All I did was point out how the US lost 7 times on the biggest, most important stage (world stage) despite having a GOAT talent advantage (All-NBA players versus Euroleague talent).

Anytime a team has more talent and loses, it's because their brand of basketball and skill at playing the game was inferior enough to offset the talent advantage - this is an unavoidable fact.

In this case, the USA's losses despite having a GOAT talent advantage proves their skill was VASTLY inferior and proved that particular era was the weakest the NBA has ever produced - I don't know how else to interpret the NBA not being able to defeat Euroleague in 3 straight international competitions.

AintNoSunshine
04-20-2015, 05:09 AM
He doesn't watch the NBA....

plowking
04-20-2015, 05:38 AM
against lebron of course... like every true basketball fan

This dude is obsessed.

poido123
04-20-2015, 05:44 AM
3Ball roots for pages of boring ass Jordan infatuation rants and bats off to his posters religiously.

3ball, please stop with the MJ overkill. I love MJ, but even you are tuning me out.

3ball
04-20-2015, 06:14 AM
I love MJ, but even you are tuning me out.

There's plenty of other threads - here, have a GIF:

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/4d30893e785d7a82a66b8889195d4a4b.gif

3ball
04-20-2015, 06:25 AM
22-year-old Wade.. Compared to Magic, Bird, and Stockton.

Wade had veteran, All-NBA teammates on that team.. More importantly, Wade and Team USA lost in 2006 too, right after Wade got Finals MVP.

Nothing can excuse the USA's All-NBA talent for getting blown away by Arroyo, the 3rd string backup to 40-year old Stockton in 2003... or any of their 6 other losses to Euroleague talent in 2002, 2004 and 2006.

The losses proved that particular era was the weakest the NBA has ever produced - I don't know how else to interpret the NBA not being able to defeat Euroleague in 3 straight international competitions.

ArbitraryWater
04-20-2015, 08:12 AM

who was that homophobic preacher who revealed on his death bed he's gay? not long ago