PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Derrick Rose

LoneyROY7
04-20-2015, 06:12 PM
If Derrick can continue the kind of play that he demonstrated against the Bucks in game 1, why kind of chance do you give the Bulls of taking out the Cavs and coming out of the East?

ISH, the floor is yours.

Beastmode88
04-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Give them a solid chance. If rose can play decent defense on kyrie they will stand a chance and probably win.

navy
04-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Derrick Rose isnt the X factor really. It will be Pau Gasol and Mirotic if he gets minutes.

The 1 in the 4-1. 20% chance probably.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-20-2015, 06:25 PM
I can't see them beating Cleveland. We'll have to wait and see if Rose can maintain that level of play.

poido123
04-20-2015, 07:55 PM
I honestly have no idea the result between Bulls and Cavs in a second round as it currently stands.

I have no idea what type of Bulls will come out and play. They have been inconsistent all year.

It can go either way. Bulls experience will be telling OR Cavs talent will overcome any inexperience they might have.

Lebron could tighten up and feel the pressure of a close matchup with the Bulls OR he could be the difference and play to a high standard.

Flip of the coin IMO

TylerOO
04-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Funny. I saw an article stating how DERRICK ROSE BLOWS UP FOR 23 POINTS. Really? That's blowing up? :roll:

NZStreetBaller
04-20-2015, 08:00 PM
I along with any non lebro stan would love nothing more then to see the bulls take out lebron. But everyone says that the bulls are going to beat bron.....

nathanjizzle
04-20-2015, 08:20 PM
Derrick Rose isnt the X factor really.

:roll:

24-Inch_Chrome
04-20-2015, 08:21 PM
I along with any non lebro stan would love nothing more then to see the bulls take out lebron. But everyone says that the bulls are going to beat bron.....

Who has said that? Most of the brackets I've seen have Cleveland winning in 5-6 games...

hawksdogsbraves
04-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Rose had a good first game but I'm not buying the notion that he's 'back to MVP form'.

That's very unlikely to happen this postseason, and I don't think they can beat the Cavs without it happening.

NZStreetBaller
04-20-2015, 08:50 PM
Who has said that? Most of the brackets I've seen have Cleveland winning in 5-6 games...

i meant over the past seasons ever since rose was mvp.

7secondsorless
04-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Derrick Rose, then he fell. Rose again, fell again. Rinse and repeat.

Milbuck
04-20-2015, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't even call this a poor game (so far) from him, Bucks defense is really good right now and it's just an overall ugly game. Nowhere near as fast paced as last game, lot more physical.

TheMan
04-20-2015, 08:55 PM
Funny. I saw an article stating how DERRICK ROSE BLOWS UP FOR 23 POINTS. Really? That's blowing up? :roll:
In 26 mins? Um yeah?

hawksdogsbraves
04-20-2015, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't even call this a poor game (so far) from him, Bucks defense is really good right now and it's just an overall ugly game. Nowhere near as fast paced as last game, lot more physical.

Very different pace, but 0/7 with 2 TO's has got to be considered a poor start at least.

People will overreact to this showing just like they did in game 1, the fact is he's not going to be at MVP level consistently this postseason. It's simply not a reasonable expectation.

Pointguard
04-20-2015, 09:03 PM
He's far from MVP form. Facing Cleveland in the second round might be too early for him. Might not be. Can't really say. He's not going to be consistent this quickly.

poido123
04-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Played poorly in the first half, played better in the second.

Cavs defense is not bucks defense.

He will have an easier time getting to the rack

TheMilkyBarKid
04-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Played poorly in the first half, played better in the second.

Cavs defense is not bucks defense.

He will have an easier time getting to the rack
How many LeBron chasedown blocks will it take to completely crush his soul?

Pointguard
04-20-2015, 11:07 PM
It's 2015, Lebron doesn't do that anymore.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-20-2015, 11:11 PM
It's 2015, Lebron doesn't do that anymore.

It's the playoffs, assuming the regular season coasting ends the old LeBron could be back for a little while.

poido123
04-20-2015, 11:17 PM

That wimp boy is too busy taking EMO selfies in the mirror and being "scared" about his team lack of experience.

:oldlol:

guy
04-20-2015, 11:25 PM
15/9/7. Bad shooting night, but overall a good all-around game. Definitely had impact tonight. As a Bulls fan, I'm happy about his performance the last 2 games.

RedBlackAttack
04-20-2015, 11:27 PM
That wimp boy is too busy taking EMO selfies in the mirror and being "scared" about his team lack of experience.

:oldlol:
It's not just LeBron. Shumpert will probably be matched up with Rose quite a bit and his length/athleticism give a lot of guys problems. The Cavs are a quietly versatile/long defensive team when they want to be.

beastee
04-20-2015, 11:31 PM
It's not just LeBron. Shumpert will probably be matched up with Rose quite a bit and his length/athleticism give a lot of guys problems. The Cavs are a quietly versatile/long defensive team when they want to be.
With Butler going off so far in the playoffs...Lebron may have his hands full having to stop Jimmy G Buckets...plus add in Mirotic if his injury isn't serious and the Bulls pose much more a threat to Lebron than they ever have before. Rose is the key though. He puts up 20/8/5 a game and gets to the hole and they have a chance.

poido123
04-20-2015, 11:38 PM

I am worried about Cavs doubled teaming rose and trapping him like 2011. Lebron can cause Rose all sorts of problems IF he's still capable of staying in front of him.

if you saw the Bucks game, Rose really struggled with the double team. He tried to dribble through it a few times and turned it over.

Which is why Niko is key. When he plays entire 4th quarters, it's his ability to put the ball on the floor, draw fouls and threaten defenses with 3 pt range.

Without that threat, the bulls will bunch up and look very one dimensional. Just like in 2011, but on a lesser scale.