PDA

View Full Version : Bulls shot 38% and won...

Mr. Jabbar
04-20-2015, 10:29 PM
The east...............

no wonder pau is racking up kobe-less playoff wins right now :facepalm

Milbuck
04-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Bucks defense is elite. Homerism aside, you cannot blame this all on the conference. Our offense sucks but our defense is just really fvcking good.

bigkingsfan
04-20-2015, 10:33 PM
Still better than Kobe's season shooting %

nnn123
Very strong post bro ... Supes insightful

hawksdogsbraves
Bucks defense is elite. Homerism aside, you cannot blame this all on the conference. Our offense sucks but our defense is just really fvcking good.

I rep the East but you can't really defend it too much, the 3 seed in the West has to play the frigging Spurs in the first round.

Cocaine80s
04-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Lakers wouldnt even make the playoffs in the East

DonDadda59
04-20-2015, 10:37 PM
That's what happens when teams actually play defense and the refs swallow their whistles. Points earned, not given. Old school ball. :applause:

Milbuck
04-20-2015, 10:37 PM
I rep the East but you can't really defend it too much, the 3 seed in the West has to play the frigging Spurs in the first round.
I'm not talking about seeding though. I'm talking about the specific game being discussed. Bucks defense was really, really fvcking good in that first half. Like top 3 in the league good, at the top of its game. Slipped in the 2nd but overall it's pretty understandable why the Bulls shot the way they did.

hawksdogsbraves
04-20-2015, 10:40 PM
I'm not talking about seeding though. I'm talking about the specific game being discussed. Bucks defense was really, really fvcking good in that first half. Like top 3 in the league good, at the top of its game. Slipped in the 2nd but overall it's pretty understandable why the Bulls shot the way they did.

True, Kidd has a really solid gameplan drawn up for this series. Hero ball from Butler has been the biggest difference.

TonyMontana
04-20-2015, 10:40 PM
The Lakers were completely irrelevant before Gasol, Gasol led them to some rings, and then when he left they are back to irrelevant.

Meanwhile Gasol is making all-star games, leading the league in double doubles, and leading his new team to playoff wins.

Pau Gasol was the real 2010 Finals MVP. The real fans will remembered.

Pau Gasol kissing his trophy.

http://d1warraxuf7xh1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/paugasol2009-246x300.jpg

nathanjizzle
04-20-2015, 10:42 PM
so when a western series game score 120 points per team, are they shitty because they have no defense?

Rose'sACL
04-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Lakers shot 32% in game 7 and won.

navy
04-20-2015, 10:45 PM
Lakers shot 32% in game 7 and won.
Refs.

Inferno
04-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Kobe shot 37% and his team still won the finals

Achilleas
04-20-2015, 10:50 PM

:banana:

nzahir
04-20-2015, 10:54 PM
Ethered /thread

Not to mention 6/24 in game 7(0-6 from 3)

Magic 32
04-20-2015, 11:01 PM

Sort of like with Pau, except he is shooting 31% right now.

RedBlackAttack
04-20-2015, 11:06 PM
The east...............

no wonder pau is racking up kobe-less playoff wins right now :facepalm
Teams actually play defense in the East. That game was a knock-down, drag-out old school game. The WC playoffs can be beautiful with the ball movement and the high pace, but that doesn't necessarily mean the games are any more difficult to win than an ugly, physical battle.

Milwaukee's length gives most teams problems.

They held this Pels team that you're watching right now put 28 points on GS in one quarter to 34% shooting and 85 total points late in the season. AD shot 6-for-18 in that game.

Magic 32
04-20-2015, 11:11 PM
Teams actually play defense in the East.

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NKMsjPxfQ8rFAHc6Gf5GxQLSG3w=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2402706/soft.0.gif

poido123
04-20-2015, 11:11 PM
Teams actually play defense in the East. That game was a knock-down, drag-out old school game. The WC playoffs can be beautiful with the ball movement and the high pace, but that doesn't necessarily mean the games are any more difficult to win than an ugly, physical battle.

Milwaukee's length gives most teams problems.

They held this Pels team that you're watching right now put 28 points on GS in one quarter to 34% shooting and 85 total points late in the season. AD shot 6-for-18 in that game.

Bucks were sliding their feet and closing gaps beautifully on defense. reminded me of the 2012 Heat when they amped their defense up and played elite team defense.

Bulls really struggled offensively, but Bucks also played really well on the defensive schemes.

For example, Rose would receive the ball and immediately two guys would look to trap him and it worked quite a few times. They also played Gasol well, he simply couldn't get in any kind of rhythm and was being outmuscled all game.

Kidd looks a really smart coach to me. This team with Jabaro Parker can make some noise over the next few years

DonDadda59
04-20-2015, 11:15 PM
Bucks were sliding their feet and closing gaps beautifully on defense. reminded me of the 2012 Heat when they amped their defense up and played elite team defense.

Bulls really struggled offensively, but Bucks also played really well on the defensive schemes.

For example, Rose would receive the ball and immediately two guys would look to trap him and it worked quite a few times. They also played Gasol well, he simply couldn't get in any kind of rhythm and was being outmuscled all game.

Kidd looks a really smart coach to me. This team with Jabaro Parker can make some noise over the next few years

Noticed that too. MJ and Pip used to do that to opposing point guards all the time during their doberman days. You don't see that a lot today. Rose was really bothered by that tactic in the first half. Caused a few turnovers.

SouBeachTalents
04-20-2015, 11:16 PM
http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NKMsjPxfQ8rFAHc6Gf5GxQLSG3w=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2402706/soft.0.gif

Same dude has shot under 42% 5 times against the East in the Finals, including twice under 40%

hawksdogsbraves
04-20-2015, 11:19 PM
I mean we're not really saying that the Bucks/Bulls series is just as competitive as a Western Conf. matchup because it has 'good defense' are we?

The Bucks wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs out west, that's just a fact. These first round series are objectively much worse than their western counterparts, 'tough eastern conference defense' be damned.

Real14
04-20-2015, 11:21 PM
I agree wit tha OP, A very bad era that we are truly living in:facepalm

Magic 32
04-20-2015, 11:24 PM
Same dude has shot under 42% 5 times against the East in the Finals

3 of them against the 2 best defensive teams of the century.

One with a fu*ked ankle.

One where the bad shooting was because of one game following a 11 days break.

And top heavy conferences can still be sh*t.

This year the east isn't even top heavy.

RedBlackAttack
04-20-2015, 11:35 PM
I mean we're not really saying that the Bucks/Bulls series is just as competitive as a Western Conf. matchup because it has 'good defense' are we?

The Bucks wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs out west, that's just a fact. These first round series are objectively much worse than their western counterparts, 'tough eastern conference defense' be damned.
I don't think anyone is arguing that the EC is as good as the WC. It just gets to the point where beating a dead horse becomes tedious and boring.

No, Milwaukee probably isn't as good as any of the WC playoff teams. But, that doesn't mean that the fact that the Bulls shot 38% against them and "still won" is because the East is terrible.

It means Milwaukee's MO is their length on defense and they give a lot of teams problems, including many out West.

We get it... The WC put out a better product this year. Can we all just agree and not define every EC playoff game by it? I thought that was a very entertaining, physical battle. Not every game has to be the free-flowing GSW style to be appreciated. Some of the most memorable games in NBA history looked more like Milwaukee-Chicago than GSW-NO.

SaltyMeatballs
04-20-2015, 11:35 PM
Because the Bucks suck ass

poido123
04-20-2015, 11:48 PM
Noticed that too. MJ and Pip used to do that to opposing point guards all the time during their doberman days. You don't see that a lot today. Rose was really bothered by that tactic in the first half. Caused a few turnovers.

It was key the Bulls won that game.

Giving this young team any kind of confidence and they could really build off their defensive schemes and look to maximise off our fear of losing.

They aren't ready yet, but I see a bright future there for that team especially with an offensive talent like Parker.

Megabox!
04-21-2015, 12:20 AM
3 of them against the 2 best defensive teams of the century.

One with a fu*ked ankle.

One where the bad shooting was because of one game following a 11 days break.

And top heavy conferences can still be sh*t.

This year the east isn't even top heavy.
So....many...excuses

aj1987
04-21-2015, 12:30 AM
I agree wit tha OP, A very bad era that we are truly living in:facepalm
Yeah, a garbage era and the Knicks still failed to make the PO's.

Milbuck
04-21-2015, 12:32 AM
Because the Bucks suck ass
Kill yourself immediately.

The Lakers won a game 7 of the finals shooting 33%.

Mr. Jabbar
04-21-2015, 12:37 AM
i can relate to ya'll ppl dissing me, i myself was a big fan of the eastern conference and lebron before i realized they were complete jokes. i was a happier man back then, ignorance is bliss, should have taken the blue pill smh :facepalm

97 bulls
04-21-2015, 12:46 AM
Lets gjve credit to the Bucks swarming defense. Thats why the Bulls shot such a low percentage.

And they double teamed Gasol alot and took the ball out of his hands. He still got a double double.