PDA

View Full Version : Pau's last 10 Playoff games without Kobe.

Magic 32
04-20-2015, 11:30 PM
1. 8 -18 FG
2. 6 -13 FG
3. 6 -17 FG
4. 9 -19 FG
5. 7 -16 FG
6. 5 -14 FG
7. 5- 10 FG
8. 8 -12 FG
9. 5- 17 FG
10. 4-12 FG

63-148, 42.5%

Who needs Kobe really?

Cone
04-20-2015, 11:47 PM
Let's take a look at Kobe's playoff performance the last 3 years, shall we?

Oh wait..

plowking
04-20-2015, 11:48 PM
What is the point of this thread?

Achilleas
04-20-2015, 11:49 PM
1. 8 -18 FG
2. 6 -13 FG
3. 6 -17 FG
4. 9 -19 FG
5. 7 -16 FG
6. 5 -14 FG
7. 5- 10 FG
8. 8 -12 FG
9. 5- 17 FG
10. 4-12 FG

63-148, 42.5%

Who needs Kobe really?

he has prime fmvp fg like kobe :banana:

Beastmode88
04-20-2015, 11:49 PM
kenneth going to have a field day..

plowking
04-20-2015, 11:51 PM
he has prime fmvp fg like kobe :banana:

Exactly. Kobe shoots this against the Magic in the finals and it is a brilliant finals MVP performance. Pau does it and it is considered bad all of a sudden?

JebronLames
04-20-2015, 11:53 PM
Pau is a beast. I don't get how the lakers only won 2 ref assisted, injury assisted titles with prime pau. They could have won a lot more if they gave it to pau more often.

ISHGoat
04-20-2015, 11:54 PM
Exactly. Kobe shoots this against the Magic in the finals and it is a brilliant finals MVP performance. Pau does it and it is considered bad all of a sudden?

plus pau defense rebounds and blocks shots

DonDadda59
04-20-2015, 11:59 PM
Kobe's last 10 playoff games without Pau-

***Error: data only goes back to 2010***

TheMarkMadsen
04-21-2015, 12:25 AM
Kobe's last 10 playoff games without Pau-

***Error: data only goes back to 2010***

might want to check your machine

IllegalD
04-21-2015, 12:30 AM

:roll: @ you comparing FG% of a perimeter player with that of a dominant big. :facepalm

97 bulls
04-21-2015, 12:48 AM
Whats with this Pau hate Laker fans? You guys wanted him gone so hes gone.

Round Mound
04-21-2015, 12:54 AM

:applause: Gasol-Bynum-Odom. Three 6`11 ft and Plus Very Good Big Men For Kobe To Win. Can`t Forget About Playing With the Best Player of The Early 2000s in Shaq Too.

IllegalD
04-21-2015, 12:57 AM

Probably a combination of a number of factors:

1) Pau's resurgence on the Bulls validates the thought that a lot of Laker fans have/had, that Pau was just going through the motions and mailing it in his last couple of seasons wearing the purple & gold.

2) A reaction to all the snide "But I thought Pau was 'done', according to Laker fans...? :confusedshrug: " comments from non-Laker fans.

3) A reaction to the extreme overrating of Pau by non-Laker fans throughout the years in an attempt to diminish Kobe's greatness ("Pau should've been the real Finals MVP. Pau was the most important player")

IllegalD
04-21-2015, 12:58 AM
:applause: Gasol-Bynum-Odom. Three 6`11 ft and Plus Very Good Big Men For Kobe To Win. Can`t Forget About Playing With the Best Player of The Early 2000s in Shaq Too.

Perfect example of the type of comment I reference in my above post. :facepalm :lol

The saddest part is that these trolls know deep down inside Bynum was virtually a non-factor in those chips (injured/severely limited), yet they continually bring him up as if he was some kind of dominant all-star, just to diminish Kobe's accomplishment.

TheMarkMadsen
04-21-2015, 12:58 AM

Bynum 09 playoffs: 6/4

10 playoffs: 9/7

Round Mound
04-21-2015, 01:07 AM
Bynum 09 playoffs: 6/4

10 playoffs: 9/7

I Mean The Missmatch Problem They Caused Other Frontlines at 7`0 and 7`1: Both Bynum/Gasol It Was Almost Impossible For Other Frontlines To Play Well vs The Lakers. This Opened Up The Game For Bryant and Fisher Big Time (Not Even Going To Mention How Easy It Was For Kobe To Play While Shaq Was Doubled and Tripled In The Early 2000s). Not To Mention Odom Comming In As a 6thMan of THE YEAR Type Level Player At 6`11 ft Who Could Handle The Rock, Shoot, Pass, Rebound and Defend In CLOSE TO ALL STAR LEVEL Too.

Kobe Is An All Time Great But He Played With the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD in The Early 00s IN SHAQ and ONE of The BEST FRONTLINES of the Late 00s

Rooster
04-21-2015, 01:14 AM
I Mean The Missmatch Problem They Caused Other Frontlines at 7`0 and 7`1: Both Bynum/Gasol It Was Almost Impossible For Other Frontlines To Play Well vs The Lakers. This Opened Up The Game For Bryant and Fisher Big Time (Not Even Going To Mention How Easy It Was For Kobe To Play While Shaq Was Doubled and Tripled In The Early 2000s). Not To Mention Odom Comming In As a 6thMan of THE YEAR Type Level Player At 6`11 ft Who Could Handle The Rock, Shoot, Pass, Rebound and Defend In CLOSE TO ALL STAR LEVEL Too.

Kobe Is An All Time Great But He Played With the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD in The Early 00s IN SHAQ and ONE of The BEST FRONTLINES of the Late 00s

Fair point but all of those aforementioned players have a better career with Kobe than without him.

Rooster
04-21-2015, 01:19 AM
Perfect example of the type of comment I reference in my above post. :facepalm :lol

The saddest part is that these trolls know deep down inside Bynum was virtually a non-factor in those chips (injured/severely limited), yet they continually bring him up as if he was some kind of dominant all-star, just to diminish Kobe's accomplishment.

His stats might not suggest it but Bynum was a defensive presence downlow. I don't think he was a non factor. He had a role on that championship team.

sammichoffate
04-21-2015, 01:23 AM

Kobe Is An All Time Great But He Played With the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD in The Early 00s IN SHAQ and ONE of The BEST FRONTLINES of the Late 00sBynum was a non-factor, like literally minimal impact during the runs. Reason why people think his impact was huge is because the Lakers' were top 5 defensively as a team. I want to say that he was Luc Longley during the runs, but I might be offending some people on here. If he grabbed maybe 8 or 9 boards rather than 5, then I would say his impact was felt. I'm pretty sure his knee was also swollen, so it's also not a knock on his ability at the time.

IllegalD
04-21-2015, 01:35 AM
His stats might not suggest it but Bynum was a defensive presence downlow. I don't think he was a non factor. He had a role on that championship team.

Your full of shit.

Those Laker chip teams had their best success with Pau at C and Lamar at the PF.

The years that Bynum was actually healthy and an all-star the Lakers didn't get very far.

DonDadda59
04-21-2015, 01:35 AM

I'm saying.

Pau living rent free in Lakers fans/Bean stans heads. Dude put in work for your franchise and helped get you 2 championships in 3 straight trips. Then you all turned on him when he was injured and being forced to play for that hack D'Antoni's nonsensical system.

But now you're salty as f*ck because you got your wish. He left, led the Bulls to 50 wins, and is trying to get his new squad to the finals.

Sad.

1) Pau's resurgence on the Bulls validates the thought that a lot of Laker fans have/had, that Pau was just going through the motions and mailing it in his last couple of seasons wearing the purple & gold.

Can you blame him for not giving 100% to the organization and its fan base that turned him into the scapegoat for all of its issues? It was bad enough that Pringles tried to turn him into Kyle Korver. Seemed like Bean was the only person in the city of LA who stood up for him.

Look down at your team now.

Now look at the Bulls.

Look at Kobe.

Look at Pau.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/32190195.jpg

:lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-21-2015, 01:36 AM
Let's take a look at Kobe's playoff performance the last 3 years, shall we?

Oh wait..
Game. Set. Blouses.

IllegalD
04-21-2015, 01:38 AM
If Bynum was such a force/impact during the Lakers 2008-2010 Finals runs then you guys should have no problem providing tangible evidence (boxscores, statlines, or video highlights)... :confusedshrug:

Rooster
04-21-2015, 01:47 AM
Your full of shit.

Those Laker chip teams had their best success with Pau at C and Lamar at the PF.

The years that Bynum was actually healthy and an all-star the Lakers didn't get very far.

Yes, They have some success and went to the Finals without him. Gasol was too soft though and often times Phil switched Bynum to his man. That's what Bynum role was to patrol the paint and to guard big guys who pushes Gasol around. He had the length and the strength and Lakers need that in certain situations and that was his role. Lakers would have not won it if DJ Mbenga was the third wheel.

gts
04-21-2015, 01:56 AM
Whats with this Pau hate Laker fans? You guys wanted him gone so hes gone.OP is not a Lakers fan by any stretch

IllegalD
04-21-2015, 01:57 AM
Yes, They have some success and went to the Finals without him. Gasol was too soft though and often times Phil switched Bynum to his man. That's what Bynum role was to patrol the paint and to guard big guys who pushes Gasol around. He had the length and the strength and Lakers need that in certain situations and that was his role. Lakers would have not won it if DJ Mbenga was the third wheel.

Again. Boxscores, video highlights of said impact....? :confusedshrug:

Rooster
04-21-2015, 02:07 AM
Again. Boxscores, video highlights of said impact....? :confusedshrug:

I am not gonna give you that satisfaction but if you don't agree than it does not matter to me.

IllegalD
04-21-2015, 02:10 AM
I am not gonna give you that satisfaction but if you don't agree than it does not matter to me.

Translation: In the world of instant access to information and highspeed internet I can't provide one measly boxscore/statline or youtube video to prove my bullsh*t point. :applause: :lol

Rooster
04-21-2015, 02:12 AM
Translation: In the world of instant access to information and highspeed internet I can't provide one measly boxscore/statline or youtube video to prove my bullsh*t point. :applause: :lol

Two things I can ask you is did the Lakers won it without Bynum?:rolleyes: and did he play meaningful minutes when they won it?

TaLvsCuaL
04-21-2015, 02:22 AM
Pau haters are just pathetic, I don't even want to argue with these retards anymore :mad:

JohnFreeman
04-21-2015, 02:24 AM
Why do Kobe stans hate Pau? so weird

Rooster
04-21-2015, 02:29 AM
Pau haters are just pathetic, I don't even want to argue with these retards anymore :mad:

Pau was soft but it was so much better with him initiating the triangle at the post then Luke Walton. I don't think we could have won those 2 rings even if Bynum was healthy. The truth is we are blessed with so many great big men and that is why we took Pau for granted. Lakers should retire his jersey and I think they will.

IllegalD
04-21-2015, 04:14 AM
Why do Kobe haters massively overrate Pau and treat Laker fans being honest about Gasol's failings as "hate"? So weird....

Mr Feeny
04-21-2015, 04:21 AM
Why do Kobe stans hate Pau? so weirdI'm guessing it's insecurity. They're known to be the most insecure fanbase around. Just imagine the number of suicides if Pau managed to win the Bulls the title this year while their idol is sat at home, eating Nachos and whiping away tears.

FKAri
04-21-2015, 04:33 AM
stfu dumbass

IMObjective
04-21-2015, 04:48 AM
I'm guessing it's insecurity. They're known to be the most insecure fanbase around. Just imagine the number of suicides if Pau managed to win the Bulls the title this year while their idol is sat at home, eating Nachos and whiping away tears.
I for one, would think it'd be pretty cool if pau led the Bulls past the Cavs and the western champion to a title and even won fmvp, though the dumbasses that would then try to use that to discredit Kobe even further would be pretty unbearable.

Mr Feeny
04-21-2015, 04:51 AM
I for one, would think it'd be pretty cool if pau led the Bulls past the Cavs and the western champion to a title and even won fmvp, though the dumbasses that would then try to use that to discredit Kobe even further would be pretty unbearable.

Then that makes two of us. Let's hope that happens :cheers:

IllegalD
04-21-2015, 05:00 AM
I'm guessing it's insecurity. They're known to be the most insecure fanbase around. Just imagine the number of suicides if Pau managed to win the Bulls the title this year while their idol is sat at home, eating Nachos and whiping away tears.

Your posting is a disgrace to the iconic sitcom character in your username/avatar. :facepalm

sportjames23
04-21-2015, 05:24 AM
Why 4 u h8 Pau?

ImKobe
04-21-2015, 05:44 AM

one runs the offense, faces double/triple teams all game and shoots a volume of contested 3s, fadeaways

the other plays under the basket and gets fed wide open 16-ft jump shots.

Mr Feeny
04-21-2015, 05:49 AM
one runs the offense, faces double/triple teams all game and shoots a volume of contested 3s, fadeaways

the other plays under the basket and gets fed wide open 16-ft jump shots.

In other words, you agree that when you are not the focal point of the defense as was the case with Kobe when he had peak Shaq commanding the entire opposition defense ' s attention, you are expected to shoot a higher percentage.

Hmmmm.......makes those those 36%fg and 38%fg finals shooting performances look even worse :eek:

Cleverness
04-21-2015, 05:58 AM
1. 8 -18 FG
2. 6 -13 FG
3. 6 -17 FG
4. 9 -19 FG
5. 7 -16 FG
6. 5 -14 FG
7. 5- 10 FG
8. 8 -12 FG
9. 5- 17 FG
10. 4-12 FG

63-148, 42.5%

Who needs Kobe really?

are you trying to say that Kobe helps FG% and Pau FG% matters a lot.. FG% isn't really what Pau has always been about and probably not Kobe either right

:confusedshrug:

Bandito
04-21-2015, 06:09 AM
Pau is a beast. I don't get how the lakers only won 2 ref assisted, injury assisted titles with prime pau. They could have won a lot more if they gave it to pau more often.
They would won it more often if Bynum wasn't injured all the time.

Bandito
04-21-2015, 06:09 AM
Why 4 u h8 Pau?
Why for you hate Pau?:biggums:

ArbitraryWater
04-21-2015, 07:02 AM
Bynum was a non-factor, like literally minimal impact during the runs. Reason why people think his impact was huge is because the Lakers' were top 5 defensively as a team. I want to say that he was Luc Longley during the runs, but I might be offending some people on here. If he grabbed maybe 8 or 9 boards rather than 5, then I would say his impact was felt. I'm pretty sure his knee was also swollen, so it's also not a knock on his ability at the time.

You shitty ****ing Laker fans.. Bynum's impact in 2010 was huge, foh Kobe dickrider.

sportjames23
04-21-2015, 07:16 AM
You shitty ****ing Laker fans.. Bynum's impact in 2010 was huge, foh Kobe dickrider.

Damn, AW, I don't think I've ever seen you jump on someone's shit like this before. :oldlol:

sportjames23
04-21-2015, 07:17 AM
Why for you hate Pau?:biggums:

ayy

ArbitraryWater
04-21-2015, 07:22 AM
Damn, AW, I don't think I've ever seen you jump on someone's shit like this before. :oldlol:

lol maybe not the last couple months :oldlol:

Gotta calm down and not take ish peeps too seriously

julizaver
04-21-2015, 07:29 AM
No need of such threads. Pau is a great player, and was beasting on international level. But Kobe was clearly the best Lakers player during the 2008-2010.
In 2000-2002 Shaq was the main man, and Kobe was the second fiddle. And personaly I think that Kobe's ego is the main reason for Lakers to fail in 2003 and 2004. Although the questionable work ethic of Shaq could be irritating for hard worker as Kobe they should overcame their differences. They could won 1 or 2 more chips easily, esspecially in 2004 vs Detroit. Kobe was very inefective and took a ton of shots instead of just feeding Shaq. Ben Wallace is in no way a Shaq stoper, even if Shaq is overweight.

BlakFrankWhite
04-21-2015, 07:33 AM
Top 10 PF ever

IllegalD
04-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Top 10 PF ever

Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki
Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
Kevin McHale
Elvin Hayes
Bob Pettit
Dennis Rodman
Dave DeBusschere

NOPE

sammichoffate
04-21-2015, 07:54 PM
You shitty ****ing Laker fans.. Bynum's impact in 2010 was huge, foh Kobe dickrider.Looks like I rustled some jimmies :lol