PDA

View Full Version : Can Paul George return to 100%?

keep-itreal
04-21-2015, 10:55 PM
or does that leg injury have the same effect as an ACL injury?

Meticode
04-21-2015, 11:18 PM
He'll probably end up being better than he was before just as long as he mentality gets over the injury. Breaking bones and properly healing them in most cases (especially big bones) will usually make them stronger than before.

navy
04-21-2015, 11:33 PM
He'll probably end up being better than he was before just as long as he mentality gets over the injury. Breaking bones and properly healing them in most cases (especially big bones) will usually make them stronger than before.
That's not how basketball works though. When you cant use a body part like your leg you go through atrophy and players at that level are usually at max or near max athletic ability. He's only 24 so its possible he never reached his maximum and can still get back/above but if he was any older I would say nah, it isnt possible. In the pros a slight decline in the max is huge. See derrick rose who is still very much fast as shit.

hawksdogsbraves
04-22-2015, 12:06 AM
He's still super young, he'll be fine. I'd much rather have a broken bone than a torn ACL, tearing muscles a lot of times winds up being a recurring problem whereas breaking your leg in half is a fluke occurrence.

veilside23
04-22-2015, 12:10 AM
anderson silva had this as well and silva is old and still recovered pretty good.. so its not the end of the world.. its more of a mental thing... i think george will overcome that