PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks actually outscoring Rockets with Rondo off the court

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2015, 01:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDNk6TiWMAA-H-A.png

Hope Carlisle has the balls to just sit him out.

Taller than CP3
04-22-2015, 01:31 PM
lol watch him get benched and Mavs win Game 3, would be the funniest thing ever.

DMAVS41
04-22-2015, 01:43 PM
What a ****ing joke. Even with Parsons and Harris not playing or playing hurt... We've still had good chances to win both games.

All Rondo had to do last night was play average and we win. Instead that mental midget **** quits off the jump.

Thanks Rondo... Just like Odom. Needed 80% of what they are capable of and they give you nothing.

UK2K
04-22-2015, 01:48 PM
He really needs to be surrounded by two spot up shooters, guys who like to back door, and come off screens.

And some reliable big men.

Send him to Sacramento. Hed never go for it, but I think itd be a good fit.

IncarceratedBob
04-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Cuban should have known better than to get Rondo. He's not a good player now and honestly never was, kid was carried by the big 3 who inflated his stats. He's got borderline D league talent

MiseryCityTexas
04-22-2015, 02:09 PM
This ***** Rick actually put Ray Felton in the game.:oldlol:

Akrazotile
04-22-2015, 02:36 PM

Ditto.

T_L_P
04-22-2015, 02:47 PM
How anyone thought this was a good deal to begin with is beyond me.

When Rick Carlisle, one of the best basketball minds in the game, tells you he doesn't want a negative like Rondo on his team, you don't go and trade for him.

Mavs rented him for a season, got worse, and ended up losing two fine role players in the process.

That said, it's not all Rondo. Ellis is playing like complete shit also.

Heavincent
04-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Devin Harris is probably having a better season tbh.

T_L_P
04-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Devin Harris is probably having a better season tbh.

Beno fcking Udrih at this point is the better player.

sammichoffate
04-22-2015, 03:00 PM

When Rick Carlisle, one of the best basketball minds in the game, tells you he doesn't want a negative like Rondo on his team, you don't go and trade for him.

Mavs rented him for a season, got worse, and ended up losing two fine role players in the process.

That said, it's not all Rondo. Ellis is playing like complete shit also.They basically lost Wright and Crowder for nothing, at least Jameer Nelson could shoot the three ball. Should have put Ellis as the primary playmaker imo

navy
04-22-2015, 03:01 PM
He really needs to be surrounded by two spot up shooters, guys who like to back door, and come off screens.

Stop it. He's just not good anymore. Pre ACL Rondo was a beast, but a cancer. This Rondo is terrible and still cancerous.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Nah. Rondo just needs more minutes. He's a proven playoff commodity. *smirks*

ralph_i_el
04-22-2015, 03:26 PM
He's not good. He was decent when surrounded by hall of famers who all are elite shooters who play great team ball. Anywhere else his lack of shooting is exposed...it ****s up the ENTIRE offense.

DMAVS41
04-22-2015, 03:28 PM

Well, we had to trade Wright and Aminu is flat out better than Crowder.

We had no chance to win with our previous roster.

Clearly we should have not made this trade, but we had to make a trade for a point and it's not easy to find what we needed.

We took a chance and it didn't work, but it didn't hurt us long term or anything.

LA_Showtime
04-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Well, we had to trade Wright and Aminu is flat out better than Crowder.

We had no chance to win with our previous roster.

Clearly we should have not made this trade, but we had to make a trade for a point and it's not easy to find what we needed.

We took a chance and it didn't work, but it didn't hurt us long term or anything.

Had you guys used that money on Ariza, Thomas, and Meeks you'd probably be competing for a championship. :oldlol:

StephHamann
04-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Beno fcking Udrih at this point is the better player.

Raymond Felton is better than Rondo at this point.

He Strong
04-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Bench Rondo, stop the Josh Smith to Dwight oop = win

bluechox2
04-22-2015, 03:53 PM
he was benched in the 4th quarter last night and rockets put the game away...

jbryan1984
04-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Idk what Rondo problem is. A good team wanted him and he is out there clowning around for them. I feel bad for dallas, they should of kept washed up Jameer. Idk what franchise is going to want to pay him next year, at least not the money he could be making. I agree that a lot of Rondos offensive game over the years was because he was fourth option behind 3 future hall of gamers. However, once upon a time Rondo was also about as lockdown on defense for a point guard as it gets. Possibly best I have seen since Glove. Other people dont make you play defense, you either do or you dont. He still has it just doesn't want to do it in Dallas for whatever reason.

AirFederer
04-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Very sad to see a player not giving his best. Sabotageing the whole franchise. And gets payed millions :facepalm

bdreason
04-22-2015, 04:01 PM

People were calling Ellis an All-Star until Rondo showed up.

The Mavs offense relied on spacing and ball movement. Then they traded for a ball-dominant PG who can't shoot.

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2015, 04:08 PM
Rondo ruled out indefinitely after "back injury" from game 2 :applause:

iznogood
04-22-2015, 04:16 PM
However, once upon a time Rondo was also about as lockdown on defense for a point guard as it gets. Possibly best I have seen since Glove. Other people dont make you play defense, you either do or you dont. He still has it just doesn't want to do it in Dallas for whatever reason.
This is not true, Rondo was never a lockdown defender. He was excellent at playing the passing lanes and reaching in for the steals, but he was never a fundamentally sound defender, not on the ball and especially not off. Comparing him to Payton is a disgrace.

Proctor
04-22-2015, 04:32 PM
A lot of people seem to think Rondo has regressed in skill. I don't think that's the case, I think he just doesn't give a shit anymore. Such a pansy.

DNP - Bynum Syndrome is more like it. Mavs should start Felton who is more than serviceable.

brandonman
04-22-2015, 04:42 PM
What a ****ing joke. Even with Parsons and Harris not playing or playing hurt... We've still had good chances to win both games.

All Rondo had to do last night was play average and we win. Instead that mental midget **** quits off the jump.

Thanks Rondo... Just like Odom. Needed 80% of what they are capable of and they give you nothing.

How many minutes did Rondo play in the 4th and deciding quarter?

zoom17
04-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Rondo ruled out indefinitely after "back injury" from game 2 :applause:

Why are you clapping it's just a two game simple size.

el_locoteee
04-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Bench Rondo, stop the Josh Smith to Dwight oop = win
Are they cloning Chandler?

brandonman
04-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Are they cloning Chandler?

With Dirk on the floor and no other big to help Chandler, Smith and Howard will continue to rape Dallas
:cheers:

el_locoteee
04-22-2015, 04:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDNk6TiWMAA-H-A.png

How many minutes did Howard play whe Rondo was on the Bench thats the big question.

Magic 32
04-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Lakers keeps finding ways to avenge 2011 :oldlol:

oarabbus
04-22-2015, 05:00 PM
Why are you clapping it's just a two game simple size.

It's the playoffs and two games can end up sending you home

el_locoteee
04-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Here this is you real problem

T. Chandler 61.33 Minutes play
On the Floor -43
On the bench +21

D. Howard 50.27 minutes play
On the Floor +34
On the bench -12

brandonman
04-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Here this is you real problem

T. Chandler 61.33 Minutes play
On the Floor -43
On the bench +21

D. Howard 50.27 minutes play
On the Floor +34
On the bench -12

And Chandler is their only hope to stop Howard...... Dallas needs to get big leads and stay out in front if they want to come back and win this series.

MiseryCityTexas
04-22-2015, 05:28 PM

Hell yeah, Rondo's at his best when playing with a solid post up big man

DirkNowitzki41
04-22-2015, 05:33 PM
I just want Harris back. Our team looks much better with him and Ellis paired in the backcourt.

brandonman
04-22-2015, 05:54 PM
I just want Harris back. Our team looks much better with him and Ellis paired in the backcourt.

I agree, I think Dallas is a completely different beast with Harris.

DMAVS41
04-22-2015, 07:40 PM
How many minutes did Rondo play in the 4th and deciding quarter?

And that is the problem. We need a better pg. That is a huge weakness for us. We can't contain the ball at all. And Dirk can't recover on the pick and roll...and our backside defense with Ellis is the worst I've ever seen.

That is the whole point. The dude just had to not be terrible and he would have helped this team a lot.

DMAVS41
04-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Had you guys used that money on Ariza, Thomas, and Meeks you'd probably be competing for a championship. :oldlol:

Bingo. I said it all summer.

So obvious.

And we could have made a trade with the Nuggets to get Mozgov or something with Wright, and a first rounder. Would be amazing.

Lineup really could have looked like:

Harris/IT/Barea
Ellis/IT/Crowder
Ariza/Aminu
Dirk/Amare
Tyson/Mozgov

Yea...that's a near 60 win team in the West and a legit title contender.

Instead we overpaid a ****ing male model...

tpols
04-22-2015, 07:44 PM

And that is the problem. We need a better pg. That is a huge weakness for us. We can't contain the ball at all. And Dirk can't recover on the pick and roll...and our backside defense with Ellis is the worst I've ever seen.

That is the whole point. The dude just had to not be terrible and he would have helped this team a lot.

If you guys had old man kidd raining threes rockets would be toast. Maybe bucks get swept and you can sign him on a 10 day or somethin

DMAVS41
04-22-2015, 07:45 PM
If you guys had old man kidd raining threes rockets would be toast. Maybe bucks get swept and you can sign him on a 10 day or somethin

Sad but very true.