PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Rajon Rondo Out Indefinitely

LALakerFan4Life
04-22-2015, 04:08 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=17604

The hell? When did this back injury occur?

atljonesbro
04-22-2015, 04:09 PM
:oldlol: Just go ahead and release him

StephHamann
04-22-2015, 04:09 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/I1RMsdwYSXjG0/giphy.gif

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2015, 04:10 PM
"back injury" :applause: :banana:

StephHamann
04-22-2015, 04:10 PM
"back injury" :applause: :banana:

We are back baby, Felton gonna rape some Rockets ass :rockon:

RRR3
04-22-2015, 04:12 PM
DNP-CS (Can't Shoot)

AirFederer
04-22-2015, 04:12 PM
I hope Rick remembered to remove the knife :lol

game3524
04-22-2015, 04:13 PM
:oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2015, 04:16 PM

time to put the Mavs avy back on.. we ain't dead yet.

zoom17
04-22-2015, 04:17 PM
Mavs get swept.

He Strong
04-22-2015, 04:17 PM
Wow, that is a lie.

Xoush
04-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Rocket fans are shook

He Strong
04-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Rocket fans are shook

:lol

r15mohd
04-22-2015, 04:21 PM
wow...back injury, really?!? :facepalm

hopefully he's getting paid to shut up about the benching too :lol :lol :lol

pass those stock shares under the table Cuban!

He Strong
04-22-2015, 04:27 PM
wow...back injury, really?!? :facepalm

hopefully he's getting paid to shut up about the benching too :lol :lol :lol

pass those stock shares under the table Cuban!

He probably agreed to it. At this point, they seem to be at such odds that him not playing is best for both parties.

clipps
04-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Mavs in 6

Draz
04-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Dang crazy how everyone's against rondo now didn't take long to throw him under the bus

Derka
04-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Wow, Jon...

It would have been pretty cool to have this news break earlier this morning when Mike Gorman was on Boston sports radio with Toucher and Rich. He was always a pretty solid believer in Rajon as a player, but I'd be curious to hear his take on this.

What a waste. Some loser team is going to just chuck max money at him and he's going to take it and do nothing for the next five years. All his years in Boston, I honestly thought he was going to be better than this.

If I'm Mark Cuban and this kid comes to me saying "Its me or Carlisle"...I pack his mother f*cking bags for him and show him the door.

outbreak
04-22-2015, 04:33 PM
Afew years back Dwayne Wade announces he's had a knee injury = ISH says that's why he was playing shit

Rondo announces he's had a back injury = ISH says he's making it up

He Strong
04-22-2015, 04:39 PM
Wow, Jon...

It would have been pretty cool to have this news break earlier this morning when Mike Gorman was on Boston sports radio with Toucher and Rich. He was always a pretty solid believer in Rajon as a player, but I'd be curious to hear his take on this.

What a waste. Some loser team is going to just chuck max money at him and he's going to take it and do nothing for the next five years. All his years in Boston, I honestly thought he was going to be better than this.

If I'm Mark Cuban and this kid comes to me saying "Its me or Carlisle"...I pack his mother f*cking bags for him and show him the door.

Even if Cuban wants to fire Carlisle anyway, Rondo needs to leave.

brandonman
04-22-2015, 04:40 PM

Droid101
04-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Dang crazy how everyone's against rondo now didn't take long to throw him under the bus
The Mavs are -35 when he plays and +13 when he's out on the series (2 games) so far.

brandonman
04-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Mavs in 6

Yep :rolleyes:

r0drig0lac
04-22-2015, 04:43 PM
sweep backdoor coming :rockon:

HurricaneKid
04-22-2015, 04:43 PM

We have seen people play poorly in the playoffs. We have seen people choke from the line. What you DON'T SEE is people out there intentionally losing. And we saw that last night.

He very well might have played himself out of the NBA in 10 min last night. Its one thing for immensely talented players to pull **** like this but Rondo is light years from that at this point.

Basketbolero
04-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Carlisle saw OKC got rid of Brooks and said 'fvck this shit. Rondo, you're out of here!'

Timmy D for MVP
04-22-2015, 04:58 PM

Goodness I didn't think it was going to end well but damn!

alanLA92
04-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Wow, Jon...

Carlisle got him a title and had to deal with him choking in the FA market for years after breaking up the '11 championship team so quickly. Of course you tell Rondo to GTFO. :oldlol:

Levity
04-22-2015, 05:18 PM
must have hurt his back when he was dodging the media.

Real14
04-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Well its over now. Rockets will get killed by spurs in semis anyway.

brandonman
04-22-2015, 05:22 PM
Well its over now. Rockets will get killed by grizz in semis anyway.

You mean Rockets will get killed by winner of SA vs LAC

Real14
04-22-2015, 05:24 PM
You mean Rockets will get killed by winner of SA vs LAC
Damn you fast:lol Its all good bro, I edit it already.

hawksdogsbraves
04-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Wow, Jon...

What team in their right mind is going to give that knucklehead a max deal at this point?

alanLA92
04-22-2015, 05:27 PM
What team in their right mind is going to give that knucklehead a max deal at this point?

Jim Buss is the kind of idiot that would. :facepalm

Akrazotile
04-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Rocket fans are shook

THIS.

Let's do this Mavs!!!!!

Akrazotile
04-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Jim Buss is the kind of idiot that would. :facepalm

Yeah look at the crap players he brought or tied to bring in already. Nash, Paul, Howard.

Youre so stupid jim buss!!!! The guy in the radio telled me so!!!!

He Strong
04-22-2015, 05:29 PM
I just want a good series, but it hasn't been so far, with the exception of how insanely fun it was watching Josh Smith to Howard oops.

DirkNowitzki41
04-22-2015, 05:29 PM
The back injury could be legit.. he really didn't look like he wanted to play yesterday... lots of plays where it looked like he put no effort.

Oh well, looks like we've seen the last of Rondo as a Mav...

:rockon: :djparty

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/lets-get-weird-workaholics.gif

He Strong
04-22-2015, 05:34 PM
I feel like any team picking up Rondo in FA is taking a 50/50 gamble. Could make the team better, or much worse.

Derka
04-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Have you not seen some of the contracts these teams are tossing out? Someone completely not in their right mind is going to do it.

brandonman
04-22-2015, 05:48 PM
Damn you fast:lol Its all good bro, I edit it already.

I could be a homer and argue, but I'm pretty realistic. Although if the Rockets can consistently play they way they played the 4th quarter yesterday while seeing more from Harden, they are a tough out for anybody. But that's a BIG IF.

HurricaneKid
04-22-2015, 06:21 PM
I feel like any team picking up Rondo in FA is taking a 50/50 gamble. Could make the team better, or much worse.

50% chance he makes the team better? When was the last time he made his team better?

Lebron23
04-23-2015, 12:29 AM

Same with Tony Parker and Damian Lillard.

FPJ
04-23-2015, 02:20 AM
The thing is, Rondo was never the player most people thought he was (while in Boston included). It was clear what he couldn't do while it wasn't so clear what he could do. While he was focused, he could produce great games. On average though, his passing was massively overrated (he would refuse an easy lay up for a corner 3 sometimes) and so was his defense. I know that on most sites, after a good defensive season, most people believe that the player will retire with a good defense, but that's just not the case. I think he's also not right in the head, i think he's emo.

Someone should bump all the threads from years ago so we can laugh at the boxscore morons.

ProfessorMurder
04-23-2015, 02:25 AM
The thing is, Rondo was never the player most people thought he was (while in Boston included). It was clear what he couldn't do while it wasn't so clear what he could do. While he was focused, he could produce great games. On average though, his passing was massively overrated (he would refuse an easy lay up for a corner 3 sometimes) and so was his defense. I know that on most sites, after a good defensive season, most people believe that the player will retire with a good defense, but that's just not the case. I think he's also not right in the head, i think he's emo.

Someone should bump all the threads from years ago so we can laugh at the boxscore morons.
You're a grade a moron if you don't think he's a great passer.

FPJ
04-23-2015, 05:50 AM
Tell that to Rick Carlisle and run while trying not to choke on your own spit you massive drooler. You imbeciles either dont watch or don't understand basketball. He's been a good passer, that's it. Take him out of his comfort zone and well, you saw what happened. Stop listening to morons on bball forums and check the advanced stats, his impact while passing. Getting the ball to Ray Allen who makes a contested 3 isn't quality passing. Giving up layups for corner 3's isnt smart passing. Watch Rondo games and decide for yourself, stop looking at boxscores. Watch CP3 and the way he dominates a game with his passing, your mind will be blown by the difference. That's a great passer.

aj1987
04-23-2015, 06:31 AM
Afew years back Dwayne Wade announces he's had a knee injury = ISH says that's why he was playing shit

Rondo announces he's had a back injury = ISH says he's making it up
Wade at his worst wasn't as bad as Rondo is right now.

BigNBAfan
04-23-2015, 06:32 AM
Is Rondo a hall of famer? If not, what does he have to do?

StephHamann
04-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Is Rondo a hall of famer?

http://i.imgur.com/yI1c060.gif

CeltsGarlic
04-23-2015, 10:02 AM
If hes a pro, he should do what his coach asks him to do.

HurricaneKid
04-23-2015, 11:38 AM

HoFer??!?

Seriously?

Even with the low bar for NBA inclusion he isn't in the ballpark.

Nick Young
04-23-2015, 11:52 AM
Good. Scrub can't sabotage Mavs anymore.

ace23
04-23-2015, 12:08 PM
Fringe candidate. He's got 4 all-star games and a championship. He'll need to finish strong and make a few more all-star games and put in work in the playoffs to solidify his spot.

imnew09
04-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Hurt his back tryna carry Dallas

sodapop
04-23-2015, 12:46 PM
Tell that to Rick Carlisle and run while trying not to choke on your own spit you massive drooler. You imbeciles either dont watch or don't understand basketball. He's been a good passer, that's it. Take him out of his comfort zone and well, you saw what happened. Stop listening to morons on bball forums and check the advanced stats, his impact while passing. Getting the ball to Ray Allen who makes a contested 3 isn't quality passing. Giving up layups for corner 3's isnt smart passing. Watch Rondo games and decide for yourself, stop looking at boxscores. Watch CP3 and the way he dominates a game with his passing, your mind will be blown by the difference. That's a great passer.

:facepalm

HurricaneKid
04-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Fringe candidate. He's got 4 all-star games and a championship. He'll need to finish strong and make a few more all-star games and put in work in the playoffs to solidify his spot.

The year he won the Championship he avg 10.6pts 5.1 asst. In the Finals he was 9.3/3.8/6.1 on .377. Thats far closer to Posey #s than it was to RayRay/KG/Truth.

clipps
04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
Asshole, complainer, sabotages the team, makes the Mavericks worse both offensively and defensively, a coaches nightmare.... He would fit in perfect with the Lakers next year. Watch the Lakers waste their cap space on both Love and Rondo and still win less than 30 games.

sp6r=underrated
04-23-2015, 06:46 PM
I'm a Knick fan so I do have a bias against Celtics. Still, Rondo's fall is pretty steep. Even if he was never as good as people claimed he still had value. Now he looks like a player who should be out of the league unless he dramatically changes his style of play.

Dr Seuss
04-23-2015, 06:50 PM
Hall of famer?? fringe hall of famer???? you guys are morons :facepalm