PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's impact

iTare
04-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Is he the least impactful member of the top 10 goat list?

I've always felt that he didn't affect the outcome of a game quite as much as Shaq, Bran, Magic, etc.

Discuss ISH.

gts
04-22-2015, 06:15 PM
No wonder all your hoes are gay

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2015, 06:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oFU1bdXM9M

HOoopCityJones
04-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Very original OP, a discredit Kobe thread.

Kobe got this entire forum shook with one foot in retirement. Smh.

iTare
04-22-2015, 06:32 PM
What exactly am I discrediting Kobe of?

He's a damn legend, top 10 great for sure.
But why can't we compare him to other top 10 players, because he falls short in almost every statistical measure and accolades? F*cking cry babies.

BlazerRed
04-22-2015, 06:34 PM
:lol

Bandito
04-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Dude Lebron is not in the top 10.

COnDEMnED
04-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Kobe's probably 7th or 8th.

Brans had more memorable negative impact than positive. Examples: Phantom Elbow, 4th quarters, carried off the court for cramps, Lebronning, 2/5, Bron-ze medal.

Media voted MVP trophies are nothing to brag about either.

daily
04-22-2015, 06:36 PM

But why can't we compare him to other top 10 players, because he falls short in almost every statistical measure and accolades? F*cking cry babies.

Meltdown mode activated..

T minus 10 launch pad is Hot

commence countdown

iTare
04-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Yall salty as f*ck.
Hold this L, yo.

daily
04-22-2015, 06:39 PM
Yall salty as f*ck.
Hold this L, yo.

ignition sequence started

All hoes are gay repeat all hoes are gay

red1
04-22-2015, 06:39 PM

Great post. You are absolutely, positively, 100% correct. Thank you for your contribution.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--0krnD__O--/19hd1ile09il9gif.gif

COnDEMnED
04-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Yall salty as f*ck.
Hold this L, yo.
Hands off my LONG DICK, QUEER

game3524
04-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Kobe is a two guard, they generally don't have the impact that front court players have. Even MJ would be near the bottom of the top ten all-time list when it comes to absolute impact on the basketball court.

Doesn't make them lesser players, but the game is about the big man.

Cold soul
04-22-2015, 06:59 PM
Kobe impact is in same tier as Oscar, Magic, Hakeem, and Bird to me so...

oarabbus
04-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Jordan
Russell
Wilt
Hakeem
Kareem
Duncan
Shaq
Bird
Magic
Oscar Robertson

Kobe's not top 10

Jacks3
04-22-2015, 07:02 PM
^Oscar over Bryant. ****ing idiot. :oldlol:

Cold soul
04-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Jordan
Russell
Wilt
Hakeem
Kareem
Duncan
Shaq
Bird
Magic
Oscar Robertson

Kobe's not top 10

Lol at leaving Kobe out of top 10. :facepalm

game3524
04-22-2015, 07:05 PM

I don't understand why people put Oscar in the top ten. Only one 50 win season in his prime and didn't win jack till Kareem came into town.

My top 10

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Magic
6. Kobe
7. Duncan
8. Shaq
9. Lebron
10. Bird

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2015, 07:06 PM

Be open to it.. with Hakeem it's a valid opinion, even Oscar/Jerry/etc

oarabbus
04-22-2015, 07:07 PM

Alright then, Mikan takes his place. Kobe is on that Dr. J "Not Top 10" level.

game3524
04-22-2015, 07:10 PM

No, it really isn't.

ISHGoat
Im a huge lebron stan but I can also admit kobe is a top 10 player in terms of achievement.

But in terms of actual impact, big men should always top the list

oarabbus
No, it really isn't.

Lol you rank Kobe above Duncan so you might be a bit biased

game3524
04-22-2015, 07:13 PM

I had a hard time with that, it is virtually toss up IMO.

Cold soul
04-22-2015, 07:14 PM

To who? According to you all alrighty then that must prove it. :oldlol:

jstern
04-22-2015, 07:14 PM
The thing with Kobe is that he's very skilled, but unlike every top ten player he doesn't have countless memorable playoff/Finals moments. Then you have the Shaq issue with Shaq being so dominating winning 3 championships, and the countless bailout shots shooting 41%. Great player, great skills, just doesn't feel like a genium top 10 player.

So you have those things going on, and then on top, not so much now, but in the past you had millions of teenagers claiming he's the GOAT, and putting every other player in history down, including his current teammates.

It's just an interesting phenomenon.

Cold soul
04-22-2015, 07:15 PM

Hakeem? Sure I can understand that argument. But not Oscar or Jerry West himself would tell you Kobe better player than he ever was.

game3524
04-22-2015, 07:17 PM
The thing with Kobe is that he's very skilled, but unlike every top ten player he doesn't have countless memorable playoff/Finals moments. Then you have the Shaq issue with Shaq being so dominating winning 3 championships, and the countless bailout shots shooting 41%. Great player, great skills, just doesn't feel like a genium top 10 player.

So you have those things going on, and then on top, not so much now, but in the past you had millions of teenagers claiming he's the GOAT, and putting every other player in history down, including his current teammates.

Bullshit.

The only reason why Kobe doesn't "feel like a genuine top 10 player" to some is because of his abrasive attitude. Tim Legler was right if Kobe had the personality of a Duncan, no one would be questioning whether or not he is a top ten player.

red1
04-22-2015, 07:18 PM
Jordan
Russell
Wilt
Hakeem
Kareem
Duncan
Shaq
Bird
Magic
Oscar Robertson

Kobe's not top 10

Wow. I am glad to see that the basketball scholars are out in force today.

http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

tpols
04-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Kobes impact is dominant, and abrasive.. in your face and alpha.

Magic is a mix of dominant and in the flow.. like 30/70.

Bran and shaq are pure in the flow.. if a takeover is necessary a choke is almost certain.

Winning > everything.

jstern
04-22-2015, 07:24 PM
Bullshit.

The only reason why Kobe doesn't "feel like a genuine top 10 player" to some is because of his abrasive attitude. Tim Legler was right if Kobe had the personality of a Duncan, no one would be questioning whether or not he is a top ten player.

You're going to dismiss what I said and come up with that explanation? Kobe being such a popular player. You get out of ISH, you will see countless people saying he's number one top, the GOAT.

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2015, 07:28 PM

Bran and shaq are pure in the flow.. if a takeover is necessary a choke is almost certain.

Winning > everything.

dat kobe stan.. dat dude right there.. dat tpols

"dominant and abrasive".... "in your face and ALPHA FTW BRO"

dominant > in the flow

Levity
04-22-2015, 07:29 PM
How does one quantify impact when it comes to top 10 players?

tpols
04-22-2015, 07:32 PM
dat kobe stan.. dat dude right there.. dat tpols

"dominant and abrasive".... "in your face and ALPHA FTW BRO"

dominant > in the flow

Yes.:applause:

I'm glad we are in agreement broseph :cheers:

Next up is Kobie Irving. He is the heir to the throne. The next GOAT.

gts
04-22-2015, 07:37 PM
How does one quantify impact when it comes to top 10 players?

opinion... That's it all up for debate if that's your cup of tea

after enough years here I realized it's a wasted argument because most people here base their opinions on who they're debating with or emotions and box scores while not actually knowing the game or seeing the players themselves in action...

TheMarkMadsen
04-22-2015, 07:38 PM
Kobe's impact is so underrated

he took Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom as his 2nd and 3rd best players and made 3 straight finals

TheMarkMadsen
04-22-2015, 07:42 PM
opinion... That's it all up for debate if that's your cup of tea

after enough years here I realized it's a wasted argument because most people here base their opinions on who they're debating with or emotions and box scores while not actually knowing the game or seeing the players themselves in action...

this exactly..

Another thing is people hold shit against Kobe that they wouldn't for ANY OTHER PLAYER.

How many times do we hear about Kobe having "Pau" as if Parrish, McCHale, Kareem and Worthy were never existed.

I've literally seen people on ISH justify Bird<Kobe to me with this gem

"Kobe had Pau/Odom and only has 2 FMVPs, so Bird>Kobe"

guy was dead ass serious

JohnFreeman
04-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Hold this W

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2015, 07:47 PM

he took Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom as his 2nd and 3rd best players and made 3 straight finals

you guys continue to ignore the 2008-2010 comp :oldlol:

This is a Superstar's league... besides the 2004 Pistons or 2014 Spurs, top 5 players win.

Look at the top 5, none of LBJ/Dirk/Paul/Howard were in an actual contending state... the one threat he had beat him once, was out the other and lost in a controversial game 7.

Prometheus
04-22-2015, 09:09 PM
Meh. I don't buy it. His impact is less than that of Jordan, Shaq, Wilt, Magic, etc... and he's ranked below those guys. I think his impact is pretty much in line with his consensus ranking.

Kobe was a monster. He and Michael Jordan really were two of a kind - Kobe being the lesser of the two (not a knock; MJ = GOAT) - but really for as similar as those two guys played the game, there really has never been a third much like them, and probably never will again.

Prometheus
04-22-2015, 09:12 PM

Winning > everything.

This is just nonsense. I have personally watched both LeBron and Shaq take over countless games.

I think this rhetoric stems from Kobe's shot selection. Even when he was shooting poorly, his presence was still felt heavily by anyone watching him because he always had a tendency to force his shots anyway.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-22-2015, 09:15 PM
Kobe is not top 10 so...

Jacks3
04-22-2015, 09:30 PM
Kobe went to three straight Finals and won back-to-back titles with a 2nd-tier star in Pau and a bunch of role-players, and that was at the end tail-end of his prime. And he was playing in the West. He didn't have the benefit of playing in a historically weak conference like some other guys...

The only players in history that were more impactful over their careers are Jordan/Kareem/Wilt/Russ/Magic/LeBron/Hakeem/Shaq. Everybody else is at least arguable.

Akrazotile
04-22-2015, 10:07 PM
Kobe went to three straight Finals and won back-to-back titles with a 2nd-tier star in Pau and a bunch of role-players, and that was at the end tail-end of his prime. And he was playing in the West. He didn't have the benefit of playing in a historically weak conference like some other guys...

The only players in history that were more impactful over their careers are Jordan/Kareem/Wilt/Russ/Magic/LeBron/Hakeem/Shaq. Everybody else is at least arguable.

Kobe is only a first tier star in hype and salary. He's a second tier star in impact. He's no different than Barkley or Dirk or Wade.

First tier star by impact is MJ, Shaq, Duncan, Lebron. These dudes dominate the court in every part of the game. They play defense and take charges. They set up teammates. They put up far more high efficiency scoring games.

Kobe was a guy who takes flashy shots in a big market with a deep pocketed owner. Those Laker teams won as teams, and the idiot crowd of beta hero-worshippers made Kobe their king. They achieved their esteem and validation and purpose in life through him. Thats great. Good for them. But objectively speaking from an intelligent perspective, which is hard for most people, kobe the player was not nearly the impact-maker as those who support Kobe the legend purport him to have been. Dudes teams won roughly the same when he didnt play and had more success when he didnt shoot.

And I like the guy off the court. But a perfect storm of circumstances have made him literally the most overrated player of all time. And it isnt even remotely close.

Dro
04-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Kobe is a two guard, they generally don't have the impact that front court players have. Even MJ would be near the bottom of the top ten all-time list when it comes to absolute impact on the basketball court.

Doesn't make them lesser players, but the game is about the big man.
:biggums:

red1
04-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Kobe is only a first tier star in hype and salary. He's a second tier star in impact. He's no different than Barkley or Dirk or Wade.

First tier star by impact is MJ, Shaq, Duncan, Lebron. These dudes dominate the court in every part of the game. They play defense and take charges. They set up teammates. They put up far more high efficiency scoring games.

Kobe was a guy who takes flashy shots in a big market with a deep pocketed owner. Those Laker teams won as teams, and the idiot crowd of beta hero-worshippers made Kobe their king. They achieved their esteem and validation and purpose in life through him. Thats great. Good for them. But objectively speaking from an intelligent perspective, which is hard for most people, kobe the player was not nearly the impact-maker as those who support Kobe the legend purport him to have been. Dudes teams won roughly the same when he didnt play and had more success when he didnt shoot.

And I like the guy off the court. But a perfect storm of circumstances have made him literally the most overrated player of all time. And it isnt even remotely close.
Impressive. Quite the scholarly post.

Scholastic excellence aside I do feel that I must make note of one crucial omission. I am referring to the forced violation that is synonymous with the name chuckbe24 of course. Tis but a minor gripe however. Top marks.

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZxrpYTevDLmmY/giphy.gif

Akrazotile
04-23-2015, 12:49 PM
Impressive. Quite the scholarly post.

Scholastic excellence aside I do feel that I must make note of one crucial omission. I am referring to the forced violation that is synonymous with the name chuckbe24 of course. Tis but a minor gripe however. Top marks.

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZxrpYTevDLmmY/giphy.gif

Thanks home skillet :cheers:

Keno
04-23-2015, 01:06 PM
kobe needs a dominant front court and phil jackson to do anything. op is absolutely right his impact isn't there like other perimeter greats: lbj, jordan, magic.

Dr Seuss
04-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Kobe impacting the thoughts of haters on the daily!

dh144498
04-23-2015, 01:12 PM
kobe needs a dominant front court and phil jackson to do anything. op is absolutely right his impact isn't there like other perimeter greats: lbj, jordan, magic.

magic didnt have a dominant front court?

:biggums:
:hammerhead:

Cold soul
04-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Kobe impacting the thoughts of haters on the daily!

Yup stay salty Kobe haters he is an ATG top 10 all-time.

24-Inch_Chrome
04-23-2015, 02:13 PM
OP knows his shit. Repped when I get the chance.

SexSymbol
04-23-2015, 03:15 PM
I'd say Bird, Hakeem, Magic, Kobe, Duncan, Wilt are in the same tier impact wise.

1st tier
Russell
MJ
2nd tier
Kareem
Shaq
3rd tier
Kobe
Hakeem
Duncan
Magic
Bird
Wilt

IllegalD
04-23-2015, 03:18 PM
I'd say Bird, Hakeem, Magic, Kobe, Duncan, Wilt are in the same tier impact wise.

1st tier
Russell
MJ
2nd tier
Kareem
Shaq
3rd tier
Kobe
Hakeem
Duncan
Magic
Bird
Wilt

How is Kareem in a higher tear than Kobe when he has never won a championship without another Top 10 All Time/GOAT player (Magic or Oscar), while Kobe managed to win chips without another Top 10/GOAT player? :confusedshrug:

Lensanity
04-23-2015, 03:23 PM
He isn't top 10

Poetry
04-23-2015, 03:34 PM

I don't agree with OP's agenda, but you make it seem as if prime Kobe, Pau, and Odom aren't a very nice championship core.

TheMarkMadsen
04-23-2015, 03:59 PM
I don't agree with OP's agenda, but you make it seem as if prime Kobe, Pau, and Odom aren't a very nice championship core.

What is a "prime odom"

And Gasol was a 2x all star who had never won a playoff game..

It's like the cavs minus Kyrie, and even with Kyrie the cavs apparently don't have enough to be considered favorites to win the title.

Yet you give Kobe Pau & Odom and all of a sudden it's championship or bust..

THAT'S IMPACT.

ArbitraryWater
04-23-2015, 04:03 PM
08 Paul Hornets, 09 Melo Nuggets, 10 past prime Nash Suns.. lol

SexSymbol
04-23-2015, 04:09 PM
What's that supposed to mean? the nuggets and suns were great teams, and 08 paul was playing the best basketball of his career and he had a solid cast around him

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Kobe at worst is in the 11 range. In terms of impact, you could put Hakeem and Bron ahead of him and nobody would bat an eye except for his fanbois.

Looks like Jamie's competition out east. On roids.

oarabbus
04-23-2015, 05:10 PM
How is Kareem in a higher tear than Kobe when he has never won a championship without another Top 10 All Time/GOAT player (Magic or Oscar), while Kobe managed to win chips without another Top 10/GOAT player? :confusedshrug:

carried by shaquille

ArbitraryWater
04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
Kobe at worst is in the 11 range. In terms of impact, you could put Hakeem and Bron ahead of him and nobody would bat an eye except for his fanbois.

Looks like Jamie's competition out east. On roids.

Celtics/Pacers >>.. less help, too.

PsychoBe
04-23-2015, 05:21 PM
boiled down:

kobe's impact is 5 rings.

bran's impact is 2 rings.

shaq's impact is 4 rings.

olajuwon's impact is 2 rings.

wilt's impact is 2 rings.

oarabbus
04-23-2015, 05:25 PM
boiled down:

true :applause:

Russell's impact is 11 rings

Horry's impact is 7 rings

Sam Jones' impact is 10 rings

Bob Cousy's impact is 6 rings

:applause:

PsychoBe
04-23-2015, 05:26 PM
true :applause:

Russell's impact is 11 rings

Horry's impact is 7 rings

Sam Jones' impact is 10 rings

Bob Cousy's impact is 6 rings

:applause:

all great players :applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Which years?

That Suns team was actually better than all those Pacers teams too.

From top to bottom, equal help as well.

SexSymbol
04-23-2015, 05:34 PM
It's not like Kobe didn't face the celtics -.-

Poetry
04-23-2015, 05:36 PM
What is a "prime odom"

Odom...during the prime of his athletic career.

Odom averaged 16.2/8.0/4.5 before heading to the Lakers before the age of 25 (not bad for a guy who would eventually be the Lakers' third or fourth option. As a second option, he put up 19.3/11.8/3.8 in the playoffs alongside Kobe, before Pau went to LA).

Since he played on teams with a lot of young talent, we never really got to see what kind of numbers he could put up, but I don't think it's crazy to say he would have been a 20/10/4 player if he were a first or second option later on.

At the age of 24, he was already a 17.1/9.7/4.1 player the year he played with a rookie Dwyane Wade, Eddie Jones, and a young Caron Butler. Make him the undisputed first option on that team and he easily averages 20 points a game.

And even on a team that would eventually have enough scoring with Kobe, Pau, Bynum, and later Artest, he put up nice numbers and was one of the most versatile players in the league.

And Gasol was a 2x all star who had never won a playoff game.

Gasol never really had a second option.

How is Kobe, Pau, Odom not a nice championship core? I love Kobe, but like all other champions he had good teams.

ArbitraryWater
04-23-2015, 05:36 PM
It's not like Kobe didn't face the celtics -.-

Bro I see you, bro.. but it's not like he played well, either. It was more of a bailout situation, guaranteed LeBron isn't winning any titles or game 7's (Spurs or Celtics) if he shoots 6 of 24.

SexSymbol
04-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Bro I see you, bro.. but it's not like he played well, either. It was more of a bailout situation, guaranteed LeBron isn't winning any titles or game 7's (Spurs or Celtics) if he shoots 6 of 24.
He averaged 28-8-4 in 10s, how is that not great? Yeah, he had a subpar shooting g7 where every player shot like shit due to it being a VERY defensive minded game. He played great for six games
But I wouldn't expect you to look at whole circumstances surrounding the situation, it would kinda ruing your agenda, wouldn't it now?

Smoke117
04-23-2015, 05:42 PM
boiled down:

Cute.

TheMarkMadsen
04-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Odom...during the prime of his athletic career.

Odom averaged 16.2/8.0/4.5 before heading to the Lakers before the age of 25 (not bad for a guy who would eventually be the Lakers' third or fourth option. As a second option, he put up 19.3/11.8/3.8 in the playoffs alongside Kobe, before Pau went to LA).

Since he played on teams with a lot of young talent, we never really got to see what kind of numbers he could put up, but I don't think it's crazy to say he would have been a 20/10/4 player if he were a first or second option later on.

At the age of 24, he was already a 17.1/9.7/4.1 player the year he played with a rookie Dwyane Wade, Eddie Jones, and a young Caron Butler. Make him the undisputed first option on that team and he easily averages 20 points a game.

And even on a team that would eventually have enough scoring with Kobe, Pau, Bynum, and later Artest, he put up nice numbers and was one of the most versatile players in the league.

Gasol never really had a second option.

How is Kobe, Pau, Odom not a nice championship core? I love Kobe, but like all other champions he had good teams.

I really wonder how much Odom you've seen or if you're just looking at box scores. Anybody who claims Odom had the consistency to average 20/10 is kidding themselves, throughout his tenure in the league he was known as one of the most inconsistent player in the league

you take Lamar Odom and you compare him to the guy who Magic and Bird and Lebron had as their 3rd options and you tell me if that really matches up.

Love was a 24/14/4 player.. Bosh was a 24/10 player. Magic's 3rd option won a FMVP, as did Birds..

McHale was putting up 26/10 as the second option while Parrish and DJ were putting up 15-16ppg each with 9 rebounds (Parish) and 6 assist (Johnson) respectively during championship runs (86 in this example)

how does that compare to Odom's 3rd man numbers of 11/10 during championship runs?

If you look at the teams who made 3 straight finals, those 08-10 Lakers probably have the least amount of help around their number one option

TheMarkMadsen
04-23-2015, 07:46 PM
How can anybody who watched the Lakers lose their series to the Spurs in 99 and then watch the Lakers sweep the Spurs in 01 with Shaq producing almost the exact same in each series question Kobe's impact?

Lakers had 3 all star guards next to Shaq in the late 90's, 2 legit all stars at the least next to Shaq and they never went to the finals..

Then when Kobe became elite and the Lakers traded away those 2 all star guards for nothing.. the Lakers all of a sudden win 3 straight championships..

Outside of Jordan Kobe is the only player in the top 10 to make 3 straight finals twice..

and we're sitting here discussing Kobe's impact? Please..

dubeta
04-23-2015, 07:48 PM
I really wonder how much Odom you've seen or if you're just looking at box scores. Anybody who claims Odom had the consistency to average 20/10 is kidding themselves, throughout his tenure in the league he was known as one of the most inconsistent player in the league

you take Lamar Odom and you compare him to the guy who Magic and Bird and Lebron had as their 3rd options and you tell me if that really matches up.

Love was a 24/14/4 player.. Bosh was a 24/10 player. Magic's 3rd option won a FMVP, as did Birds..

McHale was putting up 26/10 as the second option while Parrish and DJ were putting up 15-16ppg each with 9 rebounds (Parish) and 6 assist (Johnson) respectively during championship runs (86 in this example)

how does that compare to Odom's 3rd man numbers of 11/10 during championship runs?

If you look at the teams who made 3 straight finals, those 08-10 Lakers probably have the least amount of help around their number one option

Gasol > Wade

Odom > Bosh

Bynum >>> Rest of the Heat

Jackson >> Spoelstra

Is it that hard to understand?

24-Inch_Chrome
04-23-2015, 07:51 PM
Gasol > Wade

Odom > Bosh

Jackson >> Spoelstra

Bold areas are just wrong. With Gasol v Wade it depends on whether or not you're comparing Gasol to 2011/12 Wade or 2013/14 Wade imo. No one disputes that Jackson > Spoelstra.

TheMarkMadsen
04-23-2015, 07:57 PM

Of course this idiot wouldn't know the Lakers played the Spurs in 08

BlkMamba23
04-23-2015, 07:58 PM
He never really had a big impact on the floor like other greats. Kinda overrated.

DaOldLion
04-23-2015, 07:59 PM
How can anybody who watched the Lakers lose their series to the Spurs in 99 and then watch the Lakers sweep the Spurs in 01 with Shaq producing almost the exact same in each series question Kobe's impact?

Lakers had 3 all star guards next to Shaq in the late 90's, 2 legit all stars at the least next to Shaq and they never went to the finals..

Then when Kobe became elite and the Lakers traded away those 2 all star guards for nothing.. the Lakers all of a sudden win 3 straight championships..

Outside of Jordan Kobe is the only player in the top 10 to make 3 straight finals twice..

and we're sitting here discussing Kobe's impact? Please..

great post

24-Inch_Chrome
04-23-2015, 08:00 PM
He never really had a big impact on the floor like other greats. Kinda overrated.

great post

So whose alts are you guys?

TheMarkMadsen
04-23-2015, 08:07 PM
So whose alts are you guys?

ok i'm legitamitely convinced you have multiple alts running around negging people because I see you in almost every thread claiming people are alts and asking who negged you if you got negged

:lol :lol

so paranoid

Showtime2001
04-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Gasol > Wade

Odom > Bosh

Jackson >> Spoelstra

http://i.minus.com/ibsYn4P886gop7.gif

24-Inch_Chrome
04-23-2015, 09:33 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/funny%20gifs/grand/retard-funny-gifs-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-804.gif

:whatever:

Poetry
04-23-2015, 10:00 PM

I'm not comparing the Kobe/Pau/Odom core to anyone. You are.

I'm just saying they were a nice championship core. Do you not agree?

Odom is underrated because he was never an all-star. But some players are just overlooked and underappreciated.

For instance, Larry Hughes put up 22 pts/6.3 reb/4.7 ast and led the league with 2.9 steals per, while making the all-defensive 1st team. But he wasn't an all-star that year. I believe the only other people to put up those same numbers were Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen (they only started recording steals in the 1970s).

Guys like you want to make it seem like Kobe won those championships by himself with only the occasional helping hand from Pau :no:

Kobe was the man on those teams, of course, but he had help, just like everyone else.