PDA

View Full Version : Why are NBA coaches so bad compared to other sports?

RagaZ
04-22-2015, 07:10 PM
There's probably only one good coach: Popovich. And even he has his faults.

I thought Carlisle was great, but i now realize that it was basically Nowitzki who carried him to the title. He hasnt done anything since that. Doc Rivers nothing without good players etc.

Belichick 11-5 with Matt Cassell as QB. Compare that to how Spoelstra and Brooks did after losing their best player. :oldlol:

In football you have Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti performing every year and in big games despite injuries to their best players.

Inb4 the different sports argument. It's much more easier to coach a basketball team it is to coach a football team. It's a more simple game.

oarabbus
04-22-2015, 07:11 PM

I thought Carlisle was great, but i now realize that it was basically Nowitzki who carried him to the title. He hasnt done anything since that. Doc Rivers nothing without good players etc.

Belichick 11-5 with Matt Cassell as QB. Compare that to how Spoelstra and Brooks did after losing their best player. :oldlol:

In football you have Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti performing every year and in big games despite injuries to their best players.

Inb4 the different sports argument. It's much more easier to coach a basketball team it is to coach a football team. It's a more simple game.

Pop is better than everyone you named

Akrazotile
04-22-2015, 07:12 PM

Nominated for the "Worst threads I've seen on ISH" award.

sick_brah07
04-22-2015, 07:24 PM
this is the shittest thread this year

imnew09
04-22-2015, 07:26 PM
Seahawks coach costed em a championship this season :confusedshrug:

red1
04-22-2015, 07:29 PM
As a basketball scholar I can tell you with absolute certainty that you a f*cking f*gg*t.

If you have any further inquries you can reach out to me at basketballscholar@scholarhood.net

Best regards,

red1

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2015, 07:31 PM

Belichick went 36-44 in Cleveland, went 5-11 his first year in New England, then started 0-2 his second season before Brady took over for an injured Bledsoe.

He deserves some props for going 11-5 in '08, but that was a team that was a play away from an undefeated season the year before, so it's not like that team was lacking in talent

outbreak
04-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Shit thread. But one legit point is why do mid to low level teams keep hiring the same names who've failed in the past? There's such a culture of hiring the people based off them being a known commodity (even if it isn't great) rather than having the balls to hire someone new.

Wavves
04-22-2015, 08:09 PM
NBA coaching has improved over the last few seasons by a large margin IMO.

Stevens, Budenholzer, Kerr, Joerger, Hornacek and Snyder have appeared in the last couple of years for example and have showed promise.

Just seems like there are far less dud coaches out there and more promising ones.

OnFire
04-22-2015, 08:11 PM
I agree. To me, teams are finally giving new blood a try and it is paying off for them.

KG215
04-22-2015, 08:11 PM
They're not. Either the OP doesn't follow the NFL and MLB at all, or is just posting a clickbait thread for shits and giggles.

Pushxx
04-22-2015, 08:34 PM
You must not watch baseball. Life-long baseball fan here...MLB managers are terrible. It's only been improving the last 10 years.

JimmyMcAdocious
04-22-2015, 08:46 PM
According to the fans of the sport and most teams, practically every coach is incapable of doing their job.

oarabbus
04-22-2015, 08:47 PM
You must not watch baseball. Life-long baseball fan here...MLB managers are terrible. It's only been improving the last 10 years.

YEah, why the hell would you watch baseball

I mean, going to a game in real life with friends is a good time. But watching a baseball game on TV? Would rather watch D League.

Lensanity
04-22-2015, 09:10 PM
There's probably only one good coach: Popovich.

Stopped reading here