PDA

View Full Version : Otto Porter

ralph_i_el
04-22-2015, 08:14 PM
Porter has caught a lot of flak for being a "bust" from a weak draft, but those who have followed the Wizards know he hasn't really had a fair opportunity yet. He was hurt a lot of last season, and has been frozen out by Wittman most of this season.

He's been a huge plus the last two games, especially because it's allowed Pierce to play more at the 4. The Wizards have benefited from the increase in spacing, and while Porter is a mediocre shooter, his offensive rebounding has been huge. He's already a good defender off the ball and in ISO situations. His only weakness on D is against smaller guards and in PnR situations.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDO_CjoUEAAd8cH.jpg:large

Honestly I just wanted to post this picture. Welcome to the Otto-man Empire
Where it's always a goddamn Wizard Party
https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/img_2995.gif

Dr Hawk
04-22-2015, 08:16 PM
ah?

HylianNightmare
04-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Ottoman empire killed me

Hit_Em
04-22-2015, 09:05 PM
i remember :oldlol: when he compared himself to durant during his pre-draft interviews.I aint laughing no more :rockon:

ralph_i_el
04-22-2015, 09:38 PM
i remember :oldlol: when he compared himself to durant during his pre-draft interviews.I aint laughing no more :rockon:

eh, still pretty laughable. Not comparable in terms of quickness. Only similarity is they're both skinny and LONG. Otto must have a 7'+ wingspan.

What has me high on Otto is that he has 3 fundamentally weaknesses to his game:

1. He needs to improve his spot up shooting if he's going to be an off-ball wing

2. He needs to add muscle

3. He's not quick

two of those weaknesses are common for young players and should be remedied as he matures. He's already a good mid-range shooter, so I bet he'll be able to extend his range. Those Tayshaun Prince comparisons are looking pretty spot on in terms of his likely ceiling, and I'm totally fine with that.

ralph_i_el
05-10-2015, 10:20 AM
BUMP

OTTO AVERAGING

11.4 ppg 8.1 RPG 2 APG on only .3 turnovers

SourSamCassell
05-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Rudy Gay for Otto Porter and Bradley Beal.

get it done Petey D'al!

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 10:38 AM
you know your name trash when you spell it backwards and its still the same