PDA

View Full Version : The race for Lamarcus Aldridge is on: Spurs, Mavs, Knicks, Lakers all pursuing him

k0kakw0rld
04-23-2015, 05:46 PM
Who's most likely to get him? :confusedshrug:

If he wants to win, he needs to go to the Spurs or Mavs

If he wants money and fame but no winning experience :oldlol: NY & LA will be more than happy to have him.

Smoke117
04-23-2015, 05:48 PM
The race for 22,23 points on 20 shots? The race should have many contestants then as there are dozens of players who can imitate his worth.

If you didn't get the idea...his impact is garbage.

DirkNowitzki41
04-23-2015, 06:04 PM
I really hope the Mavs dont go for him.

Not because he isn't good but because he won't come to Dallas, so there isn't any point in pursuing him. I hope they learned from the last 3 years.

At the end of the day, he stays in Portland, imo.

Xoush
04-23-2015, 06:07 PM
He won't go to the spurs, they have to pay Kawhi first before thinking about acquiring a big name.
Mavs can't use him properly, the starting lineup would not make any sense.
I hope the lakers sign him, but I guess that is a pipe dream.
New York City is a mess right now....

I don't think he will go anywhere where he has to be the main rim protector. I believe he said that he always prefers having a serviceable bigman with him on the court.

scm5
04-23-2015, 06:14 PM
Just daydreaming but if the Lakers happen to get LMA...

Do they trade Randle, Clarkson, and this years' draft pick for players that would help Kobe/LMA contend?

TiagoSimoes
04-23-2015, 06:25 PM
Just daydreaming but if the Lakers happen to get LMA...

Do they trade Randle, Clarkson, and this years' draft pick for players that would help Kobe/LMA contend?

Absolutely no way the lakers are contending with kobe and aldridge as the main pieces. Kobe's days of winning are over imo, and aldridge is a second/third option at best in a championship team

oarabbus
04-23-2015, 06:29 PM
He needs to go to a smart team that will let him get surgery on his thumb and slowly let him get back into it. Torn thumb ligament is no joke, I had the same surgery.

Dr Seuss
04-23-2015, 06:43 PM
If lakers can sneak into the top 2, and somehow walk away with Towns

Clarkson
Kobe
FA SF or use randle in a trade
LMA
Towns

thats definitely a great place to start, granted the team can stay healthy.

if they end up staying at 4 and go after russel or johnson/winslow, they can still try and sign LMA and go after a less popular name in FA C's (asik), or even keep hill for one last year.

plowking
04-23-2015, 06:46 PM
LMA is a Bosh type guy in this league. Sure, given the right circumstances he can put up some nice numbers and what not, but he just isn't as good and impactful as the top tier guys to really get it done.

I don't think you can win as him being your best player. If he has a role akin to Bosh on those Heat teams, maybe even slightly more responsible, you could have a really nice team.

GabeIsGone
04-23-2015, 07:31 PM
He won't go to the spurs, they have to pay Kawhi first before thinking about acquiring a big name.
Mavs can't use him properly, the starting lineup would not make any sense.
I hope the lakers sign him, but I guess that is a pipe dream.
New York City is a mess right now....

I don't think he will go anywhere where he has to be the main rim protector. I believe he said that he always prefers having a serviceable bigman with him on the court.
absolutely not true. kawhi is a RFA and will only have a marginal cap hold. Spurs can go out and get a max FA, then resign kawhi + green with the bird rights. ginobli's and duncan's contracts expire this season. spurs will be one of the teams that will have a lot of cap space this offseason.

GabeIsGone
04-23-2015, 07:33 PM
plus I would prefer marc gasol anyways.

Cold soul
04-23-2015, 08:13 PM
LMA is a Bosh type guy in this league. Sure, given the right circumstances he can put up some nice numbers and what not, but he just isn't as good and impactful as the top tier guys to really get it done.

I don't think you can win as him being your best player. If he has a role akin to Bosh on those Heat teams, maybe even slightly more responsible, you could have a really nice team.

LMA compared to Chris Bosh is spot on comparison. Both are great from mid range, solid in the post, very skilled offensively, fundamentals, footwork, ball handling for PF. These guys are great as your #2 or #3 option on a team but can never win a championship as the main guy just aren't on that superstar tier level never were and likely wont ever be just both are very good players every time needs.

bluechox2
04-23-2015, 08:28 PM
if he wants to be successful...go east...too crowded in the west

qrich
04-23-2015, 08:44 PM
San Antonio would be a perfect fit.

sammichoffate
04-23-2015, 08:47 PM
Guy went from "OMG BEST PF IN THE LEAGUE" to "INEFFICIENT CHUCKER" in one season. Guess Lillard gave him the Konex Curse :lol

Genaro
04-23-2015, 08:48 PM
Although they will probably stay put, Lakers should try to get him or Gasol.
Fck Rondo and Love.

StephHamann
04-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Who's most likely to get him? :confusedshrug:

If he wants to win, he needs to go to the Mavs

http://i.imgur.com/yI1c060.gif

CakeorDeath
04-23-2015, 09:05 PM
If the Warriors don't win the chip this year (and honestly, even if they do), I think they'll try like crazy to dump David Lee and upgrade with a guy like LMA. I think they will also go hard at Deandre Jordan and possibly Marc Gasol. Again, who they target will depend heavily on how far they get this year.

And with apologies to Lakers and Knicks fans, but the only way LMA leaves Portland is for a better chance than the Blazers to win now. He's not starting over.

NBASTATMAN
04-23-2015, 09:44 PM
This guy is A BIG TIME PLAYER... I would love to see him land in NY but players go bad when they get to NY...

NBASTATMAN
04-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Fck Rondo and Love.

I hope the LAKERS :rockon: get Rondo and Love...

ZeN
04-23-2015, 09:49 PM
Fck Rondo and Love.
Marc Gasol would be great but there's no way he's leaving Memphi. He has too many ties there. Not too long ago, we would have said the same about Aldridge.

Any Laker fan would be ecstatic about getting Love or LA, if only because beggars can't be choosers. Really with the salary cap rise that is about to arrive, any decent player at a max won't be that big of a deal salary wise.

As for Rondo....F*ck Rondo. Even at a reduced price, f*ck that gollum looking no shooting cancer. We don't need the Lin experience again.