PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Ewing vs Shaquile O'Neal - 06.02.1994

julizaver
04-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Patrick Ewing had quite a game vs young Shaq. Ewing had a nice mid range jump shot and had some power game (he was just exiting his prime) to counter Shaq's power moves. That's what I call a big men's match up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfAlPBRwthk

jstern
04-24-2015, 06:17 PM
Great quality video. Ewing was awesome. I still have him ahead of Robinson.

ILLsmak
04-24-2015, 06:39 PM
I remember look at head to heads and I saw that game. It's like wat.

That move Shaq got where he got the block on Oakley was nice, otherwise Ewing was just torching him. It seems like Shaq ended up getting like 10 points off of just under the basket backcourt turnovers.

-Smak

chocolatethunder
04-24-2015, 07:28 PM
I love ewing also and I'm not that into ranking players but to me Robinson was more complete. I think Ewing had a ton of heart and I miss players like that but robinson is really underrated here.

jstern
04-25-2015, 12:31 AM
I love ewing also and I'm not that into ranking players but to me Robinson was more complete. I think Ewing had a ton of heart and I miss players like that but robinson is really underrated here.
I realize that most people will have Robinson ahead of Ewing, and there's no problem in that. But just for me, Ewing just gave it his all and I think that goes a long way. Just imagine if he was healthier.

dreamwarrior
04-25-2015, 01:20 AM
What a pleasure it was to watch young Shaq play. It must've been like what people felt watching Babe Ruth play.

Prime_Shaq
04-25-2015, 02:03 AM
What a pleasure it was to watch young Shaq play. It must've been like what people felt watching Babe Ruth play.
:applause:

julizaver
04-25-2015, 03:11 AM

The way he countered Shaq's moves to the basket, unlike Mutombo ,Smits Ewing kept position and played strong. :applause:

That is a pivot match up. Tho gyants going head to head. And that Shaq move where he dip with his shoulder to the opponent gotta hurt. Although for me it shall be called foul.

Smoke117
04-25-2015, 03:14 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/14kwrhk.gif

David Robinson continues to be disrespected...and I find Ewing underrated myself.

Round Mound
04-25-2015, 05:57 AM
I realize that most people will have Robinson ahead of Ewing, and there's no problem in that. But just for me, Ewing just gave it his all and I think that goes a long way. Just imagine if he was healthier.

This :applause: