PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are beating the Rockets in a 7 game series 100% of the time

Kidbasketball20
04-25-2015, 03:21 AM
Does any Rocket fan think Kawhi Leonard WON'T Shut down James Harden?

The Rockets defense and depth is very overrated when compared to the Spurs depth and ball movement.

Kevin McHale is the most overrated coach in the NBA. Terrible coach. Him against Pop is the biggest mismatch in the series.

Quote if wrong but I watched the Rockets for 2 seasons. The Rockets are not beating the Spurs. If the Clippers somehow win they can def. win.

J Shuttlesworth
04-25-2015, 03:22 AM
You say this like it's some kind of profound prediction.

No shit dude. Spurs in 5

Doranku
04-25-2015, 03:24 AM
Pretty much what the dude above said.

I'll say Spurs in 5 as well as a courtesy to the Rockets for how they've played so far in the first round, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a sweep just like they did to Portland last year in the 2nd round.

navy
04-25-2015, 03:24 AM
Dwight feast. Ariza shuts down Kawhi. James Harden gets fluke hot.

Rockets in 7.

A man can dream.

Smoke117
04-25-2015, 03:28 AM

The Rockets defense and depth is very overrated when compared to the Spurs depth and ball movement.

Kevin McHale is the most overrated coach in the NBA. Terrible coach. Him against Pop is the biggest mismatch in the series.

Quote if wrong but I watched the Rockets for 2 seasons. The Rockets are not beating the Spurs. If the Clippers somehow win they can def. win.

James Harden will get himself to the rim...you can hate on him all he want, but he his a talented basketball player with fantastic handles and adequate quickness to get where he wants to be. Kawhi will have himself a handful against James Harden. I'd imagine he will spend more time in foul trouble than defending him, frankly.

rmt
04-25-2015, 03:29 AM
This thread is premature. Spurs are very inconsistent this year - they can lay an egg on Sunday.

ImKobe
04-25-2015, 03:29 AM
It's not a complete lock. I mean, Houston's healthy and they have the front court to match the Spurs, Harden can get hot for a couple games and win em by himself if the game is close enough in the 4th....Howard can beast a game or two as well. Rockets have HCA.

But realistically, Spurs SHOULD win the series because of their experience, chemistry and depth but you never know. Guys get tired and have off nights.

rmt
04-25-2015, 03:30 AM
James Harden will get himself to the rim...you can hate on him all he want, but he his a talented basketball player with fantastic handles and adequate quickness to get where he wants to be. Kawhi will have himself a handful against James Harden. I'd imagine he will spend more time in foul trouble than defending him, frankly.

Should be Green on Harden, not Kwahi.

Smoke117
04-25-2015, 03:32 AM
Should be Green on Harden, not Kwahi.

I don't disagree, but the drama is going to match them up. lol. Lets face it...Ariza is not much of an assignment. If anything, if Green amd Harden do match up, Harden is going to have a nightmare because Kawhi will be doubling off regularly since Ariza is a joke lol.

ChrisKreager
04-25-2015, 03:39 AM
Why even bother with Houston?

San Antonio will not lose another game.

It feels like they are basically the inevitable uncrowned champions.

These playoffs are just dressing, while San Antonio is basically going to win another title.

J Shuttlesworth
04-25-2015, 03:41 AM
I don't think I saw any Houston vs. San Antonio games this year.

Why would they put Green on Harden instead of Leonard?

disel
04-25-2015, 03:42 AM
Surprise, surprise da yeremy rin fan hates Houston :lol lol lin sucks and da rox are balling without his scrubb ass commiting turnovers and giving games away.

Cocaine80s
04-25-2015, 03:57 AM
Harden owns Kawhi's soul

Green does better on him

Wiltside
04-25-2015, 04:00 AM
Spurs will win. I feel it in my bones.

MJistheGOAT
04-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Green and Kawaii will slow down Harden, but not a shut down (expect a lot of FTs and foul trouble)
Duncan will give Howard problems

Pop and Spurs as a team will obliterate McFail and Rockets (5 maybe 6 games)

HurricaneKid
04-25-2015, 11:51 AM

They played twice in the last week of the season and Kawhi destroyed him both games. Shot a combined 11/34 and the bulk of what little success he had was against Green. He got to the line 7 times/game and was a -28 in those two games (lost by a combined 13).

The previous game Kawhi missed and Harden had 28 on great efficiency.

Kawhi was MADE to stop Harden. He is probably the only guy in the league that can do it but he just did it twice in the last two weeks in important games. Spurs are a worst case matchup for Hou.

YouGotServed
04-25-2015, 12:03 PM
In retrospect I'm actually glad Houston lost the last two games to the Spurs. Wake up call for them. They should come out and play with a greater sense of urgency. Regardless it should be a fun series.

Houston in 4.

MiseryCityTexas
04-25-2015, 12:43 PM

Mchale is the most overrated coach in the NBA? How is that so when damn near everyone in Houston wants him fired?

ALBballer
04-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Spurs match up well against Houston.

Spurs can throw Green and Leonard at Harden and they have the bigs in Splitter and Duncan to match up against Dwight.

Spurs real weakness is the PG position since Parker is still banged up but Terry and Prigioni won't pose too much of an issue.

not to mention Pop will implement the hack-a-Howard/Smith/Capela.

I think Harden is going to have to go off for them to win tbh. It's possible but the Spurs aren't the Mavs and there are no weak spots on this team.

ABfor3
04-25-2015, 03:02 PM
Idk what happened this season but prior to this season, Harden always played extremely well against the Spurs. Dwight is healthy and will pose problems but I expect Pop to figure something out. Should be a great series

buddha
04-25-2015, 03:04 PM
in case people can't remember James Harden destroyed the Spurs in '12 as a 6th man when the Thunder back door swept the Spurs.

as long as the Rockets can hit their threes like they have been against the Mavs they could beat the Spurs.