PDA

View Full Version : Ayo... Is we really just gon act like the Warriors will beat the Grizz???

Akrazotile
04-25-2015, 11:41 PM
We seriously gon act like that?

305Baller
04-25-2015, 11:53 PM
it will be an interesting matchup. inside vs outside. whoever has the better balance wins.

Eric Cartman
04-25-2015, 11:57 PM
Gonna be an amazing series.

One of the best second rounds in NBA history coming up:

Warriors-Grizz
Rockets-Spurs/Clips

Hawks-Wiz
Bulls-Cavs

:cheers:

ABfor3
04-26-2015, 12:00 AM
Its gonna be an amazing series, both very good defensive teams. Grizzlies better in the post, Warriors better from outside.

PhutureDynasty
04-26-2015, 12:01 AM

Warriors-Grizz
Rockets-Spurs/Clips

Hawks-Wiz
Bulls-Cavs

Indeed. :cheers:

When was the last time every second round matchup was as close as this one will likely be?

toxicxr6
04-26-2015, 12:08 AM
I still think the dubs will win.. They have just been too good consistently this season.. Memphis will push them though
Dubs in 6

dabigbaws
04-26-2015, 12:09 AM
memphis in 6
spurs in 5 over rockets.

1987_Lakers
04-26-2015, 12:25 AM
Memphis doesn't have the fire power to keep up with Golden State. And it's not like Memphis has a better defense either.

nba_55
04-26-2015, 12:28 AM

Warriors-Grizz
Rockets-Spurs/Clips

Hawks-Wiz
Bulls-Cavs

It ruins the whole list.:lol

NZStreetBaller
04-26-2015, 12:37 AM
Warriors are in for a shock. Grizzles are one hell of a team come play off time. That grindhouse style is gonna mess up the warriors

k0kakw0rld
04-26-2015, 12:46 AM

Warriors-Grizz
Rockets-Spurs

Hawks-Wiz
Bulls-Cavs

Don't be afraid to face the truth.

Eric Cartman
04-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Don't be afraid to face the truth.

What is the truth?

Akrazotile
04-26-2015, 12:58 AM
Memphis doesn't have the fire power to keep up with Golden State. And it's not like Memphis has a better defense either.

I think they definitely do. Regular season rankings don't mean anything at this point.

1987_Lakers
04-26-2015, 01:02 AM
I think they definitely do. Regular season rankings don't mean anything at this point.

How so? The Warriors have 2 DPOY candidates in the frontline and they have a bunch of solid wing defenders like Thompson & Iggy.

GoRapz
04-26-2015, 01:13 AM

Warriors-Grizz
Rockets-Spurs/Clips

Hawks-Wiz
Bulls-Cavs

Lawwdddddd :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Cowboy Thunder
04-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Grizz are too tough for the warriors.

Girly boys bout to be exposed.

AussieG
04-26-2015, 01:31 AM
It's all about Conley at this point. If healthy, it'll be a great matchup. Without Conley, it'll be easy win for Warriors.

Akrazotile
04-26-2015, 01:42 AM
It's all about Conley at this point. If healthy, it'll be a great matchup. Without Conley, it'll be easy win for Warriors.

If it's a serious injury I will cry like an infant :(

Droid101
04-26-2015, 01:43 AM
It ruins the whole list.:lol
I know right? The weak ass East ruins everything for everyone.

Cleverness
04-26-2015, 04:07 AM
guess y'all didn't watch the reg season games

if Warriors stay healthy, Grizz might win one or two games but that's it

Grizz barely won one game against them in reg season when traveling was temporarily taken out of the rulebook

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/12/17/249a44befffca971f859379bbbce13fb.gif

J Shuttlesworth
04-26-2015, 04:10 AM

Grizz barely won one game against them in reg season when traveling was temporarily taken out of the rulebook

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/12/17/249a44befffca971f859379bbbce13fb.gif
Playoffs are a different beast. The Bulls swept the Heat in the 2011 season series, and the Nets swept the Heat in the 2014 season series... we all saw how those series went.

Collie
04-26-2015, 04:13 AM
The only team I see that can beat this Warriors team are the Spurs in 2014 playoffs mode. The Grizz are a good team, but really, what advantages do they have on the Warriors?

Heavincent
04-26-2015, 04:16 AM
It will be a tough series, but I think Memphis will struggle offensively. The Warriors defense is too good.

Cocaine80s
04-26-2015, 04:17 AM
I dont trust Marc Gasol in the playoffs

That nikka plays like a bitch

1987_Lakers
04-26-2015, 04:28 AM
Playoffs are a different beast. The Bulls swept the Heat in the 2011 season series, and the Nets swept the Heat in the 2014 season series... we all saw how those series went.

People like you are saying pretty simplistic stuff like "playoffs are different", but you are not providing a breakdown in the matchups. I hate posts like this.

It's not like Memphis is some sort of power house, they have lost to the Clippers in the postseason and they got swept by the Spurs. Warriors have proven that they are the team to beat in the West.

ILLsmak
04-26-2015, 06:56 AM

I dunno who this guy is, but I think he's somewhat right.

The Warriors look much better in that series. The Grizz don't have the firepower. Basically, the way I see it is if you are picking the Grizz, you are counting that their 'toughness' is going to do more than just affect the Warriors, but actually take someone out or cause them to play scared.

I dunno if it happens. Too much floor space. I am not saying it can't be a good series, but I don't think the Grizz are going to outright dominate them. It'll be fun to watch. Finally, in the 2nd round, we'll get to see some stuff where you actually don't know who will win each game.

-Smak

Bernkastel
04-26-2015, 08:11 AM
I picked the Grizz in 6. :confusedshrug:

T_L_P
04-26-2015, 08:12 AM
I dont trust Marc Gasol in the playoffs

That nikka plays like a bitch

I'm a fan of Marcs, but you're about 75% right here.

Dude goes ghost far too much in the Playoffs.

Mr. NBA
04-26-2015, 08:23 AM
People like you are saying pretty simplistic stuff like "playoffs are different", but you are not providing a breakdown in the matchups. I hate posts like this.

It's not like Memphis is some sort of power house, they have lost to the Clippers in the postseason and they got swept by the Spurs. Warriors have proven that they are the team to beat in the West. Ignorant post. Bringing the past up for the Grizzlies but ignores Warriors playoff history. You forgot that GSW core hasn't done much in the playoffs. Memphis has a WCF appearance just 2 years ago.

Memphis has beaten GSW twice when both teams were clicking first half of the year. The last matchups was vs an injured Memphis team with no TA and Conley. The last game also exposed the Warriors bench allowing a 30 pt lead be cut to single digits in one quarter. Why is it so unrealistic to think Memphis can win?

Warriors elite backcourt vs Grizzlies elite perimeter defenders. Memphis elite frontcourt vs Warriors elite versatile defense. Great passing can beat elite defenses. Both bugs on both teams can move the ball well. Quit acting like its a total mismatch. Memphis methodical pace can disorient teams. While Warriors uptempo can break a game open. Last time I checked, uptempo teams like Clippers and Thunder always were hindered by Memphis.

sd3035
04-26-2015, 08:27 AM
Warriors in 4 or 5

IGOTGAME
04-26-2015, 08:35 AM
The Grizz only chance is getting the Warriors out of there offense. Something that NOH actually did for the first 3 games. That combined with stronger rebounding will make this series interesting as long as Conley is healthy.

When you limit a team to one shot per possession, those quick 3s that Curry takes and misses really hurt the team more.

However, GSW really had a hard time on offense last series and they sweep. That isnt good news for the Grizz.

fragokota
04-26-2015, 08:53 AM
Grizzlies are built for playoff basketball. Not saying that GSW won't win the series (as they are clearly far superior talent wise), but people thinking that MEM will be an easy opponent for them are just wrong.

RidonKs
04-26-2015, 09:06 AM
only chance for grizz is a crazy jeff green breakout series. otherwise this thing is done in 5 i'd say. the matchups do not work out in their favour, for a number of reasons.

the game changer is dray green, as it has been all year. there was a thread a while back pondering why the warriors are so good. the usual suspects went back and forth, one side shouting "curry" and the other side shouting "everyone else"

dray god is the 2nd biggest reason this team has been historically good. against the grizz, he will draw the toughest 1v1 matchup zbo. that will be tough on his body and zbo will get his no doubt. nobody stops zach.

its the other end that counts. green is probably the best fast break starter in the league, he gets the ball and GOES. memphis likes to crash offensive glass with their massive front line. the warriors are an excellent team rebounding team that watches for somebody to secure the ball and then they're off... when draymond gets the ball, he's off to the races and whichever memphis big has the assignment will be trailing the man, the ball, and the play. open three's for warrior sharpshooters, best in the league.

he is equally problematic on offense. again, it might be that joerger puts zbo on bogut and gasol on green. still, one of those memphis bigs they like to play so much in tandem will be forced to hedge those curry/green pnr's 25 feet from the basket, aka discomfort zone. nobody is better than steph at luring the defense over to him on the threat to shoot then slipping it to the rolling big in the middle of the key. dray is one of the best passing bigs in the league. 4v3 situation as they've been creating all year. the only way to counter is to have athleticism at the 4. grizz dont like to play athletic at 4 they like to play big and bulky at the 4.

the other huge deficit for the grizz that will eat them alive is that lack of shooting. they do get by for long periods of time, but against a good defense that is digging in? they have stints where they cannot score because they cannot space the floor. i love tony allen like grim death and he has become effective at dancing around the key and finding gaps for cuts to the rim or rebounds or whatever. but he cannot play with two bigs. it clutters the floor, even with marc at the top and two of conley/lee/carter on the outside. not enough space. yet he's required to give them a prayer of keeping up with klay's off ball movement, since carter isn't quick enough and lee isn't strong enough.

what other shooting to they bring? udrih lacks range. carter has been inconsistent. calethes sometimes looks like the second coming of manu ginobili and other times looks completely lost. as a grizz fan i would be worried that his weak handle will unravel under pressure defense. one thing is for certain, dude is not a knockdown shooter. welcome to the grizzlies club. they will REALLY be missing quincy pondexter a week from now.

furthermore kosta koufas has kinda fallen off imo. he looked awesome at the start of the year, one of the better backup bigs who could rebound and score around the basket. the more i see him however the more he looks undersized. i'm worried ezili who has bulked up into a really formidable body will just eat this guy alive during reserve minutes.

what has to happen for the warriors to win? everything just has to more or less stay as its been and they will blow out two games, win two tight games, and probably only lose one or two.

what has to happen for the grizzlies to win? i don't think its an impossible outcome but it is very remote. as i said, its a bad matchup for them. the warriors can counter their size while still presenting a variety of bad matchups.

the ex-factors are ranked as following:

1. jeff green
2. carter/udrih/calethes shooting lights out
3. joerger matching kerr lineup for lineup

there is a reason they picked up jeff green. he's top notch athletic. long, fast, strong. his problem is he's a renaissance man who hasn't mastered any particular skills.

can he play extended minutes at the 4? that would be huge. if he can, then the allen offensive misfit becomes more of a plus. those two along with udrih carter koufas is a pretty damn good lineup at both ends. flexible and long. alternatively he plays next to one of marc/zach with conley, calethes, lee.

those are the sort of lineups necessary to counter the warriors breaking and the warriors high pnr. if joerger is too inflexible with his love of zach/marc zach/kosta lineups, and doesn't make the right adjustments in time, both in game and from game to game, he's fcked.

and the shooters. lee and conley are the only guys i trust right now to knock down a big shot. udrih carter calethes all shot <30% this season. jeff green we know about. compare that with the wildly more consistent shooting on the other side, talkin curry klay barbosa iggy barnes green holiday, shooting at a better clip on way more attempts.

now maybe vince gets hot. we know he has that mentality in him, he wants to prove himself in a team concept, and maybe he comes alive. maybe nick calethes turns into mighty mouse and fuels the engine. or it all clicks for jeff green and suddenly he's playing like iggy does on the warriors. but thats a lot to expect after a midseason roster revamp from a guy who has never done that before.

people will overhype the grizz because they have as expected dominated an undermanned blazers team they already matched up perfectly for. they're like "you wanna play lamarcus/lopez for most of the game, have at it!" but the warriors won't play into that framework, they'll play lee limited minutes because this is the wrong series for him (as opposed to against the clippers or rockets in which he'll get way more time), they'll let speights and bogut bruise inside with barnes and green spacing and running at the four and whatever orientation of 1-2-3 they care about. curry is hot and not cooling any time soon.

end of my ranting and analysis much of which is prolly a little lazy but thats still the drift and gist. im rooting for the grizz to overcome the odds but its heinously unlikely when you take a closer look at what these two teams really are, let alone how they have been playing recently. i hope this goes seven but my money is on five.

dabigbaws
04-26-2015, 10:40 AM
only chance for grizz is a crazy jeff green breakout series. otherwise this thing is done in 5 i'd say. the matchups do not work out in their favour, for a number of reasons.

the game changer is dray green, as it has been all year. there was a thread a while back pondering why the warriors are so good. the usual suspects went back and forth, one side shouting "curry" and the other side shouting "everyone else"

dray god is the 2nd biggest reason this team has been historically good. against the grizz, he will draw the toughest 1v1 matchup zbo. that will be tough on his body and zbo will get his no doubt. nobody stops zach.

its the other end that counts. green is probably the best fast break starter in the league, he gets the ball and GOES. memphis likes to crash offensive glass with their massive front line. the warriors are an excellent team rebounding team that watches for somebody to secure the ball and then they're off... when draymond gets the ball, he's off to the races and whichever memphis big has the assignment will be trailing the man, the ball, and the play. open three's for warrior sharpshooters, best in the league.

he is equally problematic on offense. again, it might be that joerger puts zbo on bogut and gasol on green. still, one of those memphis bigs they like to play so much in tandem will be forced to hedge those curry/green pnr's 25 feet from the basket, aka discomfort zone. nobody is better than steph at luring the defense over to him on the threat to shoot then slipping it to the rolling big in the middle of the key. dray is one of the best passing bigs in the league. 4v3 situation as they've been creating all year. the only way to counter is to have athleticism at the 4. grizz dont like to play athletic at 4 they like to play big and bulky at the 4.

the other huge deficit for the grizz that will eat them alive is that lack of shooting. they do get by for long periods of time, but against a good defense that is digging in? they have stints where they cannot score because they cannot space the floor. i love tony allen like grim death and he has become effective at dancing around the key and finding gaps for cuts to the rim or rebounds or whatever. but he cannot play with two bigs. it clutters the floor, even with marc at the top and two of conley/lee/carter on the outside. not enough space. yet he's required to give them a prayer of keeping up with klay's off ball movement, since carter isn't quick enough and lee isn't strong enough.

what other shooting to they bring? udrih lacks range. carter has been inconsistent. calethes sometimes looks like the second coming of manu ginobili and other times looks completely lost. as a grizz fan i would be worried that his weak handle will unravel under pressure defense. one thing is for certain, dude is not a knockdown shooter. welcome to the grizzlies club. they will REALLY be missing quincy pondexter a week from now.

furthermore kosta koufas has kinda fallen off imo. he looked awesome at the start of the year, one of the better backup bigs who could rebound and score around the basket. the more i see him however the more he looks undersized. i'm worried ezili who has bulked up into a really formidable body will just eat this guy alive during reserve minutes.

what has to happen for the warriors to win? everything just has to more or less stay as its been and they will blow out two games, win two tight games, and probably only lose one or two.

what has to happen for the grizzlies to win? i don't think its an impossible outcome but it is very remote. as i said, its a bad matchup for them. the warriors can counter their size while still presenting a variety of bad matchups.

1. jeff green

there is a reason they picked up jeff green. he's top notch athletic. long, fast, strong. his problem is he's a renaissance man who hasn't mastered any particular skills.

can he play extended minutes at the 4? that would be huge. if he can, then the allen offensive misfit becomes more of a plus. those two along with udrih carter koufas is a pretty damn good lineup at both ends. flexible and long. alternatively he plays next to one of marc/zach with conley, calethes, lee.

those are the sort of lineups necessary to counter the warriors breaking and the warriors high pnr. if joerger is too inflexible with his love of zach/marc zach/kosta lineups, and doesn't make the right adjustments in time, both in game and from game to game, he's fcked.

and the shooters. lee and conley are the only guys i trust right now to knock down a big shot. udrih carter calethes all shot <30% this season. jeff green we know about. compare that with the wildly more consistent shooting on the other side, talkin curry klay barbosa iggy barnes green holiday, shooting at a better clip on way more attempts.

now maybe vince gets hot. we know he has that mentality in him, he wants to prove himself in a team concept, and maybe he comes alive. maybe nick calethes turns into mighty mouse and fuels the engine. or it all clicks for jeff green and suddenly he's playing like iggy does on the warriors. but thats a lot to expect after a midseason roster revamp from a guy who has never done that before.

people will overhype the grizz because they have as expected dominated an undermanned blazers team they already matched up perfectly for. they're like "you wanna play lamarcus/lopez for most of the game, have at it!" but the warriors won't play into that framework, they'll play lee limited minutes because this is the wrong series for him (as opposed to against the clippers or rockets in which he'll get way more time), they'll let speights and bogut bruise inside with barnes and green spacing and running at the four and whatever orientation of 1-2-3 they care about. curry is hot and not cooling any time soon.

end of my ranting and analysis much of which is prolly a little lazy but thats still the drift and gist. im rooting for the grizz to overcome the odds but its heinously unlikely when you take a closer look at what these two teams really are, let alone how they have been playing recently. i hope this goes seven but my money is on five.

Did not read. Grizzlies in 6

SpecialQue
04-26-2015, 11:12 AM

It's not like Memphis is some sort of power house, they have lost to the Clippers in the postseason and they got swept by the Spurs. Warriors have proven that they are the team to beat in the West.

Last I checked the Memphis has had much more postseason success than the Warriors, or are we forgetting which team got to the conference finals in recent years?

You're bringing up that they lost to the Clippers and Spurs in the post season...they've also beaten those two teams in the post season, along with the Thunder.

1987_Lakers
04-26-2015, 03:31 PM
Last I checked the Memphis has had much more postseason success than the Warriors, or are we forgetting which team got to the conference finals in recent years?

You're bringing up that they lost to the Clippers and Spurs in the post season...they've also beaten those two teams in the post season, along with the Thunder.

Memphis basically has the same team from recent years and they always get knocked out at some point in the playoffs, they have more experience than Golden State, but the way the Warriors are playing this year is on another level, they are obviously a much improved team from recent years, can't say the same for Memphis.

Warriors took the Clippers to 7 games without Bogut & having M. Jackson as their coach, they took the Spurs to 6 games a couple of years ago, that same year the Spurs swept Memphis.

Cleverness
04-27-2015, 03:04 AM
I dunno who this guy is, but I think he's somewhat right.

The Warriors look much better in that series. The Grizz don't have the firepower. Basically, the way I see it is if you are picking the Grizz, you are counting that their 'toughness' is going to do more than just affect the Warriors, but actually take someone out or cause them to play scared.

I dunno if it happens. Too much floor space. I am not saying it can't be a good series, but I don't think the Grizz are going to outright dominate them. It'll be fun to watch. Finally, in the 2nd round, we'll get to see some stuff where you actually don't know who will win each game.

-Smak

yep.

On offense, Warriors move the ball to get great shots almost every time down the floor (even Curry taking rhythm 3s isn't all that bad %), while other teams just take turns playing iso ball. other teams = too much dribbling:facepalm

On defense, Bogut most underrated defender in the league and should be Defensive player of the year. Draymond Green is also a beast defender and compliments him so well. Teams need to get them in foul trouble early to score in the paint (or get lucky and ticky tack fouls are called on them, like moving screens or great flopping like the Clippers Harden and Ginobili). But even in their regular season game, Draymond got in foul trouble and David Lee stepped in and Warriors still dominated :lol

Warriors lost 2 games at home: way back in November vs Spurs beginning of the season Spurs shot lights out and the Warriors were still learning how to move the ball.

The other was against Chicago and it took a heroic shot from Kirk Hinrich and Warriors shot 9-33 (27%) from 3 pt (though, give some credit to Chicago's defense)... oh, and Bogut didn't even play that game!!:eek:

Rose'sACL
04-27-2015, 03:06 AM
Warriors in 5.

Akrazotile
05-05-2015, 11:04 PM
COnley back, playin like a bawze :pimp:

Akrazotile
05-06-2015, 12:12 AM
GRIZZ:bowdown:

Akrazotile
05-06-2015, 01:03 AM
Ayyyyyyyy

TheMarkMadsen
05-06-2015, 01:08 AM
Grizzlies are better suited for the playoffs

retaxis
05-06-2015, 01:11 AM
I farted and the wind broke currys ankles again. Put some stockings a mini skirt and a wig on curry and he would be the perfect prison beach :):biggums:

Akrazotile
05-06-2015, 01:16 AM
MEMPIS SO ALPA :bowdown:

Spurs5Rings2014
05-06-2015, 01:18 AM
Ayyyyyyyy

ayy lmao

sportjames23
05-06-2015, 01:21 AM
Grizz only built 4 Cuban lynx... :pimp:

Akrazotile
05-09-2015, 10:18 PM
:roll:

Akrazotile
05-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Did not read. Grizzlies in 6

http://replygif.net/i/742.gif

1987_Lakers
05-14-2015, 01:00 AM

1987_Lakers
05-14-2015, 01:01 AM

Just how I predicted. Memphis hasn't scored over 85 points in two straight games.

oarabbus
05-14-2015, 01:04 AM
I made $1000 by betting against what OP said would happen over the past few months

Droid101
05-14-2015, 01:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EzdQHML.gif

warriorfan
05-14-2015, 01:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EzdQHML.gif

it kinda looks like him too..

http://i.minus.com/ibbzL3WPBL4ewE.gif

Akrazotile
05-14-2015, 01:32 AM

it kinda looks like him too..

http://i.minus.com/ibbzL3WPBL4ewE.gif

Scoreboard

SyRyanYang
05-14-2015, 07:30 AM

1. jeff green

This is pretty spot on:applause:

Crimsonrain777
05-14-2015, 08:40 AM
Warriors are in for a shock. Grizzles are one hell of a team come play off time. That grindhouse style is gonna mess up the warriors

welp..... you were right in the beginning, though

Golden State adjusted and now Memphis' D doesnt seem as effective

Imtheman
05-14-2015, 08:55 AM
Op proves himself to be an idiot as usual

Blue&Orange
05-14-2015, 09:14 AM
Op proves himself to be an idiot as usual
OP doesn't need to prove anything by now.

sd3035
05-14-2015, 09:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/HncMm.jpg

k0kakw0rld
05-14-2015, 10:28 AM
We seriously gon act like that?
Yup we are :oldlol: :oldlol: 2 blow outs in a row :applause: (3-2)

Akrazotile
05-14-2015, 12:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HncMm.jpg

k0kakw0rld
05-14-2015, 02:21 PM
memphis in 6
spurs in 5 over rockets.
Remove that Biggie avy of yours. You are embarassing him with your crappy predictions. Fail!

1987_Lakers
05-16-2015, 12:08 AM
http://replygif.net/i/742.gif

bballnoob1192
05-16-2015, 12:09 AM
let's be real OP just made this thread to get it bumped :)

1987_Lakers
05-16-2015, 12:11 AM
memphis in 6
spurs in 5 over rockets.

Bobcats2013
05-16-2015, 12:17 AM
eyyyyy

wats good nikka

chazzy
05-16-2015, 12:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DggAXSv53Qc