PDA

View Full Version : would pop be the GOAT

NZStreetBaller
04-26-2015, 12:45 AM
If he takes the championship from the 6th seed this time??

FreezingTsmoove
04-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Why cant yall just put an actual thread title without cliff hangers.

NZStreetBaller
04-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Why cant yall just put an actual thread title without cliff hangers.

I thought it would be too long for a title. Plus i wouldnt know what to write for an opening comment

Wiltside
04-26-2015, 02:16 AM
If he takes the championship from the 6th seed this time??

Definitely. Many already believe he is, so that would seal it.

Micku
04-26-2015, 03:23 AM
Definitely. Many already believe he is, so that would seal it.
https://i.imgur.com/2EmpIAX.gif

NZStreetBaller
04-26-2015, 03:25 AM

roflmao:bowdown:

J Shuttlesworth
04-26-2015, 03:28 AM
RC Buford is so subtle in that gif :roll:

LAZERUSS
04-26-2015, 11:51 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And, IMHO, Pop is already the GOAT coach.

Prime_Shaq
04-26-2015, 11:53 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Odinn
04-26-2015, 11:55 AM
He lost his chance when he blew in game 6 of 2013 Finals. The goat coach wouldn't have made a mistake like that.

LAZERUSS
04-26-2015, 11:57 AM
He lost his chance when he blew in game 6 of 2013 Finals. The goat coach wouldn't have made a mistake like that.

Where do you rank Phil at then? He was massively outcoached in the '04 Finals by Larry Brown.

Dr Hawk
04-26-2015, 11:57 AM
Pop is the GOAT coach for me

Odinn
04-26-2015, 12:09 PM
Where do you rank Phil at then? He was massively outcoached in the '04 Finals by Larry Brown.
Only if you try to discredit him, you say this. While ignoring what Kobe was trying to prove...

T_L_P
04-26-2015, 12:14 PM
RC Buford is so subtle in that gif :roll:
notsrssrs
Staying out of the spotlight, letting the Beard get all the credit, but secretly being the man of this front office.

RC. :bowdown:

LAZERUSS
04-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Only if you try to discredit him, you say this. While ignoring what Kobe was trying to prove...

Popovich pulls players off the scrap heap, like Danny Green, or Boris Diaw, and blends them in with no-name players like Mills, Belinelli, and then takes a gamble and trades away a key player to draft a Leonard. Adds them to am aging group of selfless players like Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker...and wins titles. And he does these things within the same organization...year-after-year.

Meanwhile, Jackson comes to teams that within an eyelash of winning titles, and takes them over the hump. However, he quickly deserts them when the talent level drops off.

Let me ask you this...

How many great players has Jackson developed in his coaching career. How many Parkers, or Ginobili's, or Leonard's? And give me the list of role players that Jackson molded into solid contributors in a title run. Even a guy like Horry was already a well-known clutch player long before Jackson was lucky enough to have him.

AirFederer
04-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Well well finally I think you Are on to something :cheers:

Popovich pulls players off the scrap heap, like Danny Green, or Boris Diaw, and blends them in with no-name players like Mills, Belinelli, and then takes a gamble and trades away a key player to draft a Leonard. Adds them to am aging group of selfless players like Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker...and wins titles. And he does these things within the same organization...year-after-year.

Meanwhile, Jackson comes to teams that within an eyelash of winning titles, and takes them over the hump. However, he quickly deserts them when the talent level drops off.

Let me ask you this...

How many great players has Jackson developed in his coaching career. How many Parkers, or Ginobili's, or Leonard's? And give me the list of role players that Jackson molded into solid contributors in a title run. Even a guy like Horry was already a well-known clutch player long before Jackson was lucky enough to have him.

Odinn
04-26-2015, 12:57 PM

Let me ask you this...

Jackson, Riley, Popovich, Daly, all of them brought the best of a scrub player at a time. Popovich needs a certain type of players like any other great coach. You can check SCdac's and rmt's posts about the situation. Most people have written a story about it and still are chasing it.