PDA

View Full Version : JR is going to be suspended. Shouldn't the Cavs tank this game?

konex
04-26-2015, 02:41 PM
You don't want a game vs Chicago without 2 starters, do you?

Real14
04-26-2015, 02:43 PM
:eek:

MP.Trey
04-26-2015, 02:43 PM
I actually thought the same, but we can't throw a game we're already up 17 in. Hopefully the konex curse comes through and JR isn't suspended.

konex
04-26-2015, 02:45 PM
I actually thought the same, but we can't throw a game we're already up 17 in. Hopefully the konex curse comes through and JR isn't suspended.

He was suspended for much less in the Knicks/Celtics series 2 years ago. The question here is if it's 1 game or 2

04mzwach
04-26-2015, 02:45 PM
If things go how they should then Perkins will be suspended, Smith will be suspended and Kevin Love is injured. They threw away their season for nothing. This is the only series they can afford to miss players because of the size advantage they have. Cavs are done next series.

Doranku
04-26-2015, 02:47 PM
Shit man. Soooo many ways the konex curse could play out here:

1. JR isn't suspended
2. Bucks win 4 straight to beat the Bulls
3. Cavs miss THREE or more starters for the Bulls game

keep-itreal
04-26-2015, 02:51 PM
what happened?

04mzwach
04-26-2015, 03:03 PM
what happened?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNSWJOjBS9U

konex
04-26-2015, 03:06 PM
LeBron is certainly tanking this game. Smart

Big Cheese
04-26-2015, 03:10 PM
the way people are getting injured you wanna end this series as fast as possible...

buddha
04-26-2015, 03:17 PM
honestly the Cavs can afford to spot the Bulls a game. The Bulls are not that good. their defense is pretty weak this year while their offense is stagnant as shit.

04mzwach
04-26-2015, 03:20 PM
honestly the Cavs can afford to spot the Bulls a game. The Bulls are not that good. their defense is pretty weak this year while their offense is stagnant as shit.
:lol Maybe Perkins will be gone for a game, but JR is done for the playoffs I think. When was the last time you've seen a guy get knocked out in a NBA game? And now Crowder has a knee injury to make matters worse.

nba_55
04-26-2015, 03:21 PM
He is not getting suspended. He got his suspension when they ejected him from the game.

J Shuttlesworth
04-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Shumpert is a good replacement. No need to tank games. But yeah konex i'm counting on you bro

dunksby
04-26-2015, 03:28 PM
He is going to be suspended for more than one game, the force behind the hit is too great to give him a pass. That's the kind of foul would get Artest suspended for six months.

J Shuttlesworth
04-26-2015, 03:31 PM
It was really a dumb move. Perkins already had Crowder in check.

konex
04-26-2015, 03:48 PM
He is not getting suspended. He got his suspension when they ejected him from the game.

He was ejected for this in the playoffs as well and still got 1 game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqYNPVeWz7s

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-26-2015, 03:53 PM
things get a bit more complicated without love and jr, imo.

smoovegittar
04-26-2015, 04:13 PM
Welcome to JR Smith, Cavs fans.

04mzwach
04-26-2015, 04:15 PM
He was ejected for this in the playoffs as well and still got 1 game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqYNPVeWz7s
that's not nearly as bad as what he did today. he didn't even have the ball today.

gilalizard
04-26-2015, 04:17 PM
that's not nearly as bad as what he did today. he didn't even have the ball today.

The difference is he plays with LeFlop now. And it's very possible the league will treat it lightly so as to protect LeFlop's playoff chances.

Meticode
04-26-2015, 04:20 PM
It doesn't matter if Smith is playing in game 1 against Chicago or not. Love is going to be lost for the rest of the season if he's injury is a dislocated shoulder, which it looked like it was.

Jakeh008
04-26-2015, 04:25 PM
This is almost on par with what Artest did to Harden a few years ago. It was clearly on purpose. And since this isnt his first strike I could see him getting like 5 games

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--v8WYFBE3--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/zxv0ompncow0dhhojvbv.gif

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ron-artest-elbow-harden.gif

DukeDelonte13
04-26-2015, 04:30 PM
my god was that dumb :facepalm

guaranteed multiple game suspension.

thanks JR. :mad: :mad:

Bosnian Sajo
04-26-2015, 04:32 PM

:oldlol:

sportjames23
04-26-2015, 04:33 PM

:facepalm

tpols
04-26-2015, 04:37 PM
It doesn't matter if Smith is playing in game 1 against Chicago or not. Love is going to be lost for the rest of the season if he's injury is a dislocated shoulder, which it looked like it was.

Both matter big time.. they lose their best streak 3 pt shooter spacing the floor and replace with Shumpert who simply cannot shoot .and now tristan thompson will get in foul trouble every game since his hustle style isn't nearly as effective in the starting lineup.

Meticode
04-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Both matter big time.. they lose their best streak 3 pt shooter spacing the floor and replace with Shumpert who simply cannot shoot .and now tristan thompson will get in foul trouble every game since his hustle style isn't nearly as effective in the starting lineup.
I know both matter, but Smith won't matter at all if Love is out. J.R. playing isn't magically going to put the Cavs in favor of beating the Bulls.

Fudge
04-26-2015, 04:45 PM
:roll:

What a ****ing retard you are.

Get back in your cage.

Grey Dawn
04-26-2015, 05:00 PM
Should be 10 game suspension.

Grey Dawn
04-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Also

JR Smith continues to show how he's the league's biggest *****.

Pointguard
04-26-2015, 05:07 PM
Wow, I didn't see that JR strike. That's at least three games, but more than likely quite a bit more. But that's part of the JR experience. Pressure and excitement drove him nuts with the Knicks. He must have went to a party the night before.

sportjames23
04-26-2015, 05:14 PM
:roll:

What a ****ing retard you are.

Get back in your cage.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Joyner82reload
04-26-2015, 05:16 PM
That will be 5 or 10 games. That hit was vicious and clearly deliberate, the ball was just hitting the rim when he started the swing.

sfballa13
04-26-2015, 05:29 PM
The difference is he plays with LeFlop now. And it's very possible the league will treat it lightly so as to protect LeFlop's playoff chances.

This right here.

NBA will NEVER let the Cavs bow out in the 2nd round.

JR will be suspended 1 game MAX and if it turns out Love's injury is more serious than thought of there might not be any suspension at all.

Also if Olynyk goes out of his way to purposely injure Love and doesnt get ejected and Smith has a lapse in judgement and hits a player (not a punch, not a direct facing hit) then he wont get a bad suspension

Mrofir
04-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Agree it HAS to be a significant suspension. 10 games seems on the light side of just about right, rest of playoffs would be exactly right.

What makes it even worse is that it was so obviously in retaliation for the Love injury. The foul on Love was careless and clumsy and I'd be pissed if I were Kevin Love, but it was just short of intentional... maybe intentionally rough or careless but not necessarily intent to injure. But Smith was trying to hurt the guy and he did. League's worst nightmare. Perkins should be suspended too. You can't do that. And if it comes out that Blatt encouraged any of this, he should be suspended too.

What a disaster for the league.

navy
04-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Agree it HAS to be a significant suspension. 10 games seems on the light side of just about right, rest of playoffs would be exactly right.

What makes it even worse is that it was so obviously in retaliation for the Love injury. The foul on Love was careless and clumsy and I'd be pissed if I were Kevin Love, but it was just short of intentional... maybe intentionally rough or careless but not necessarily intent to injure. But Smith was trying to hurt the guy and he did. League's worst nightmare. Perkins should be suspended too. You can't do that. And if it comes out that Blatt encouraged any of this, he should be suspended too.

What a disaster for the league.
:biggums:

Why is it people call for old school ball and then when it happens everyone is up in arms?

theaussieguy
04-26-2015, 05:38 PM

Why is it people call for old school ball and then when it happens everyone is up in arms?

This, noone deserves to have their playoff chances stripped because of one stupid bonehead player, of which there is many in the league. ***** ass league.

JerrySeinfeld
04-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Would be shocked if he got any less than 5 games.

Then again, maybe I wouldn't. It's the NBA after all.

Wiltside
04-26-2015, 05:56 PM
You don't want a game vs Chicago without 2 starters, do you?

I thought the same thing with the Grizz if they need to give Conley a rest game.

JerrySeinfeld
04-26-2015, 05:58 PM

When people say they want old school ball it doesn't mean they have to support cheap shots like that.

Meticode
04-26-2015, 06:39 PM
It's amazing what happens in the span of about 41 minutes in a basketball game. Before the game, everything was golden, falling into place, expect a battle against Chicago, two healthy teams, then 5 and a half into the 1st everything started coming apart. Cleveland still taking L's like usual.

DukeDelonte13
04-26-2015, 06:45 PM
It's amazing what happens in the span of about 41 minutes in a basketball game. Before the game, everything was golden, falling into place, expect a battle against Chicago, two healthy teams, then 5 and a half into the 1st everything started coming apart. Cleveland still taking L's like usual.

jobu forsakes us...

gts
04-26-2015, 07:07 PM
This is almost on par with what Artest did to Harden a few years ago. It was clearly on purpose. And since this isnt his first strike I could see him getting like 5 games

Probably worse... Wouldn't surprise me to see 5 games

I think standard is two games but with that wind up and it being his fist they may look at as being no different than throwing a punch which takes it to a hole other level

raprap
04-26-2015, 07:48 PM
When people say they want old school ball it doesn't mean they have to support cheap shots like that.
Old school ball is full of cheap shots bro.

Lebron23
04-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Old school ball is full of cheap shots bro.

Are you talking to Simon?? Durant won't survive in Old School Ball.

greymatter
04-26-2015, 07:55 PM
He is going to be suspended for more than one game, the force behind the hit is too great to give him a pass. That's the kind of foul would get Artest suspended for six months.

Artest elbowed the **** out of Harden. This was a backhand. Not a punch, not an elbow. Smith shouldn't get more than 1 game off.

Crowder shoved his forearm into Smith's upper back and Smith took a blind swing. It was simply a matter of one dirty play leading to an even dirtier retaliation. There's a big difference between a heat of the moment foul vs going after someone intending to knock him out.

kennethgriffin
04-26-2015, 08:06 PM
This is worse than the ron artest hit on harden. He knocked him out lol. Smith will be gone for the playoffs and maybe some of the start of next season. I predict a 20 game suspension

sundizz
04-26-2015, 08:07 PM
That should definitely be a 4+ game suspension. Absolutely uncalled for. That's same as walking up to a player and just throwing a punch and connecting. There was zero reason for that.

greymatter
04-26-2015, 08:12 PM
That should definitely be a 4+ game suspension. Absolutely uncalled for. That's same as walking up to a player and just throwing a punch and connecting. There was zero reason for that.

Smith clearly swung that blindly. Look at the replay again. I'd agree with 4+ games if Smith was clearly looking at Crowder when he threw that backhand.

That is nothing like walking up to someone and sucker punching him.

navy
04-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Smith clearly swung that blindly. Look at the replay again. I'd agree with 4+ games if Smith was clearly looking at Crowder when he threw that backhand.

That is nothing like walking up to someone and sucker punching him.
This. He could have easily caught body and nobody would have looked twice at it. Because if you noticed a second before they were vying for rebound position until Crowder took a step back. Which Jr, couldnt have seen. But he hot him dead in the face, whether intentional or not.

He should argue his case, but he has history. So he will definitely be out for more than a game.

Although two years ago he got suspended for a common space clearing elbow you see all the time.

greymatter
04-26-2015, 08:20 PM
This. He could have easily caught body and nobody would have looked twice at it. Because if you noticed a second before they were vying for rebound position until Crowder took a step back. Which Jr, couldnt have seen. But he hot him dead in the face, whether intentional or not.

He should argue his case, but he has history. So he will definitely be out for more than a game.

Although two years ago he got suspended for a common space clearing elbow you see all the time.

JR's history is more for being a bonehead than violent thug. People more remember him for those stupid shoelace untyings than stupid cheapshots. More than 1 game would be unreasonable.

Optimus Prime
04-26-2015, 08:21 PM
JR should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs/Finals. Total thug move and completely unwarranted.

These Cavs are becoming even harder to like, if that's even possible. :kobe:

bigt
04-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Does prior actions/convictions come into play when the NBA judges instances like this? I know it does for AFL but curious as to how the NBA handle it. The fact it laid Crowder out won't help his cause tho

magictricked
04-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Does prior actions/convictions come into play when the NBA judges instances like this? I know it does for AFL but curious as to how the NBA handle it. The fact it laid Crowder out won't help his cause thoYes they do That's why they keep a point system on players for use when making determinations on what level the punishment will be

Kingwillball
04-26-2015, 09:11 PM

NO it is not the Same He swung blindly and connected if he missed he probably gets 0 games.. It is the Same as when Plays Swing there Elbows wildly to clear space with intent on Connecting if anybody is too close.

tpols
04-26-2015, 09:19 PM

Bro.. Jae got jr in the back once.. moved him.. hit him again and had position.. Jr got pissed and threw a full blooded hammer fist.. not even a typical bow.. he extended and followed through. He's done

If jr would've missed and hit Jae in say his abdomen .. crowder would've absorbed it and started an all out brawl and the outcome would've been even worse

sbw19
04-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Warrants a 1-3 game suspension in my book.

JimmyMcAdocious
04-26-2015, 10:56 PM

This is never not gold.

ILLsmak
04-26-2015, 11:00 PM
:oldlol:

lol.

yea I dunno why that shit is always funny, but real talk.. I dunno if it's as bad as that. But dude did get injured so that means something. It's def a suspension, probably more than 1 game.

That shed by Artest tho... in rhythm. One chest pound, two chest pounds, zbaw.

-Smak