PDA

View Full Version : The East is a ****ing MESS!

1987_Lakers
04-27-2015, 09:50 PM
- Cavs are without Kevin Love
- Hawks are proving to be pretenders
- Chicago just lost 2 in a row

Bernkastel
04-27-2015, 09:50 PM
East is just a tighter conference than the West. It's just genetics, bro.

1987_Lakers
04-27-2015, 09:57 PM

ok

SpecialQue
04-27-2015, 09:58 PM

The east is about as tight as a ten pound *****.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-27-2015, 09:59 PM
Bulls will win the East.

Genaro
04-27-2015, 10:00 PM
I don't know about the Bulls either. They're struggling to close out the Bucks.
Cavs will cruise to the finals with or without Love.

cranincu
lebron has a joke of a road to the finals. if he wins a chip, its having another asterisk

atljonesbro
The Bulls might drop a 2nd game to the Bucks as well.

BlazerRed
04-27-2015, 10:01 PM
East is balls. Been that way for a long time.

oh the horror
04-27-2015, 10:09 PM
The favorites are struggling against the Bucks as we speak.

Heavincent
04-27-2015, 10:15 PM
It's a ****ing disaster...even more so than last year.

Vman23
04-27-2015, 10:21 PM
People continue to refuse to say it, but Wizards have been the only impressive team in the East, actually sweeping a 50 win team in dominant fashion. I prefer them to be continually underrated though, on to the next round.

jbryan1984
04-27-2015, 10:25 PM
Oh I will give the Wizards their due. I think they have looked great. If they make it to the ECF against us, its going to be an awesome series.

Hotlantadude81
04-27-2015, 10:29 PM
The Leastern Conference sucks.

L.Kizzle
04-27-2015, 10:36 PM
Wiz going to the Finals

Hittin_Shots
04-27-2015, 10:36 PM
So underdogs challenge in the west it's a hard fought series.. underdogs challenge in the East, it's a fkn mess how can they allow them to compete..

PsychoBe
04-27-2015, 10:39 PM
wizards cake-walkin' to the finals :roll: :roll: :roll:

KirbyPls
04-27-2015, 10:41 PM
So underdogs challenge in the west it's a hard fought series.. underdogs challenge in the East, it's a fkn mess how can they allow them to compete..

ISH hypocrisy at its finest.

Bernkastel
04-27-2015, 10:42 PM

West bias. :confusedshrug:

Heavincent
04-27-2015, 10:42 PM

???

Only close series in the West is Clippers vs Spurs. Also, the lower seed teams in the West are actually good. Much better than the East obviously.

People need to stop pretending like there isn't a massive disparity between the conferences.

Magic 32
04-27-2015, 10:44 PM

Any "underdog" in the west would sweep the east right now.

Hell, the Thunder would get to the ECF easy.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-27-2015, 10:45 PM

:wtf:

50 win teams challenging other 50 win teams vs. below .500 teams challenging 50 win teams is the same thing.

Righttttttttttttttttt

KirbyPls
04-27-2015, 10:46 PM
???

Only close series in the West is Clippers vs Spurs. Also, the lower seed teams in the West are actually good. Much better than the East obviously.

People need to stop pretending like there isn't a massive disparity between the conferences.

To edify your low-key Kobe standom via Curry and your adopted Franchise? :lol :lol :lol

Hold on, let me consider your objective:banana: opinion.

ATL_Bball_King
04-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Warriors Swept

Rockets were up 3-0

Grizz up 3-0..

But the east is a mess...are u even watching the games or checking box score???

Heavincent
04-27-2015, 10:47 PM
To edify your low-key Kobe standom via Curry and your adopted Franchise? :lol :lol :lol

Hold on, let me consider your objective:banana: opinion.

It's not my opinion. It's an objective fact.

Bernkastel
04-27-2015, 10:49 PM

50 win teams challenging other 50 win teams vs. below .500 teams challenging 50 win teams is the same thing.

Righttttttttttttttttt

It's not all about records.

#number6ix#
04-27-2015, 10:50 PM
Less not pretend like the west playoffs have been a bloodbath... Y'all boys complainting about competitive basketball

Heavincent
04-27-2015, 10:50 PM
It's not all about records.

What is it about then?

This should be good.

Bernkastel
04-27-2015, 10:51 PM
What is it about then?

This should be good.

It's about what happens on the court.

Hittin_Shots
04-27-2015, 10:52 PM

Righttttttttttttttttt

Act like no matter what happened in this first round east isn't called a mess by west supporters..

All sweep Damn look at that cake walk mess east.. lower seeds compete, oh look at that mess higher seeds can't even take care of the lower seeds...

Heavincent
04-27-2015, 10:55 PM
It's about what happens on the court.

Which translates to your record...so I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

1987_Lakers
04-27-2015, 10:55 PM
Less not pretend like the west playoffs have been a bloodbath... Y'all boys complainting about competitive basketball

The reason of this thread is to show how the top teams in the East are struggling vs teams that don't even have winning records. It shows how weak the overall conference is.

The West so far hasn't been competitive much, but the teams that were expected to win are either up big, or already advanced. The only close series is Clippers-Spurs at 2-2 and many expected that series to go 7.

#number6ix#
04-27-2015, 10:58 PM
The reason of this thread is to show how the top teams in the East are struggling vs teams that don't even have winning records. It shows how weak the overall conference is.

The West so far hasn't been competitive much, but the teams that were expected to win are either up big, or already advanced. The only close series is Clippers-Spurs at 2-2 and many expected that series to go 7.

Parity

Bernkastel
04-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Which translates to your record...so I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Not over the season. What happens that night in games one, two, three, etc. Records don't determine who'll win.

ATL_Bball_King
04-27-2015, 11:00 PM

And if u were watching the games u would see teams competing and fighting for there lives...in the west there just bending over and taking it...look at blazers right now, they are showing no heart...what Dwill did today and they way bucks played D was pretty damn good...

paintingshade
04-27-2015, 11:01 PM
hey leastern conference bros, there are close games in college hoops as well :roll:

can't wait for the WCF aka "The NBA Finals"

RedBlackAttack
04-27-2015, 11:01 PM
I'm not really understanding the rationale. Wouldn't the East be worse if all of the first round series were blowout sweeps? Doesn't the fact that some of the big name teams like ATL and Chicago are being pushed by the underdogs mean that the "throwaway teams" as they've been portrayed -- Milwaukee and Brooklyn -- are acquitting themselves quite well in the playoffs?

Make no mistake... if those had been sweeps instead of 2-2/3-2 respectively, the EC jokes would persist and would probably be more justified.

1987_Lakers
04-27-2015, 11:03 PM
I'm just saying, the Warriors, Spurs, & Clippers would not be tied 2-2 in a series vs the Bucks or lose 2 straight vs a 38 win team in the Nets.:oldlol:

paintingshade
04-27-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm not really understanding the rationale. Wouldn't the East be worse if all of the first round series were blowout sweeps? Doesn't the fact that some of the big name teams like ATL and Chicago are being pushed by the underdogs mean that the "throwaway teams" as they've been portrayed -- Milwaukee and Brooklyn -- are acquitting themselves quite well in the playoffs?

Make no mistake... if those had been sweeps instead of 2-2/3-2 respectively, the EC jokes would persist and would probably be more justified.

no, what this means is that the "best of the Least" are actually pretty bad.

1987_Lakers
04-27-2015, 11:05 PM

It just shows you how weak the elite teams in the East really are.

Optimus Prime
04-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Replace MESS with JOKE and you would be correct.

The "good teams" in The Least that were supposed to challenge LeBeta and friends are struggling against D-League teams. LeBeta with another cakewalk to the Finals. :facepalm

FLDFSU
04-27-2015, 11:07 PM
You know what this convo reminds me of...the whole SEC dominance nonsense where the worst SEC team could beat the best BIG10, ACC, or PAC12 team.

Only to find out during bowl season that was a little less than accurate.

FYI, no one is not saying the West or the SEC is not the better conference but please spear us all your "the Pelicans would go 12-0 if they were playing in the East" garbage.

Hittin_Shots
04-27-2015, 11:11 PM
I hope Brooklyn gets to the finals and destroys whoever comes out of the west. Would be hilarious.

tpols
04-27-2015, 11:12 PM

Yea Brooklyn and the bucks are just that good...:wtf:

if the hawks blew the nets out to a 4-0 sweep like say.. any top west team would ..that would speak to the top east team being a top team in the league.. like how a 1 seed should be.

No one is coming away from this going gee the nets are better than I thought.. the hawks are just playing like shit compared to the RS. the nets aren't going to save the east reputation.:oldlol: they're one of the softest non chalant teams in the playoffs and would've been in the lottery out west.

Heavincent
04-27-2015, 11:18 PM

It shows that two of the three best teams (Bulls and Hawks) out East aren't all that great.

Hotlantadude81
04-27-2015, 11:19 PM

The West is good parity and the East is bad parity.

Bigsmoke
04-28-2015, 03:57 AM
The west been better for 17 years now.

I think we get it

plowking
04-28-2015, 04:04 AM
East is balls. Been that way for a long time.

Not really. It has been bad for 2 years, and even now in its "terrible" state, 7 teams from the East would still make it to the playoffs if it was the best 16 teams in the league.
No where near as bad as the West in the 80's.

plowking
04-28-2015, 04:09 AM

I think we get it

It hasn't though.

Akhenaten
04-28-2015, 08:23 AM
It shows that two of the three best teams (Bulls and Hawks) out East aren't all that great.

Do you feel that way about the 08 Celtics, imo that was a great team yet it took them 7 games to dispatch of the subpar Hawks. Yet they had an easier time with the Lakers who were clearly a better team than the Hawks.

Sometimes weird things happen that aren't easily explained, the 67 win Mavs losing in the first round? Mavs were a great team just ran into a horrible matchup, sometimes things just happen.

It's extremely myopic and overly simplistic to say a team isnt great simply because they lose two road games to a team that had a poor regular season record.

I get that you guys have agendas to push though, that's what this board is about.

the_troof
04-28-2015, 08:46 AM
East was pretty strong from 07-08 - 11-12

Cleveland (until Bron left), Boston, Orlando, Chicago, Miami, even New York all had a historically great player (or players) on their teams, ATL was a treadmill team but had decent talent (Johnson, Smith). Not better then the West but the East was solid for a period of time.

gcvbcat
04-28-2015, 08:56 AM
Not really. It has been bad for 2 years, and even now in its "terrible" state, 7 teams from the East would still make it to the playoffs if it was the best 16 teams in the league.
No where near as bad as the West in the 80's.

But most of them will be lower seeds.

CelticBaller
04-28-2015, 09:12 AM

I think we get it