PDA

View Full Version : Jeanie Buss: Next Season will be a "celebration to Kobe Bryants 20th Season"

Imtheman
04-28-2015, 03:10 PM
:facepalm

Really? How about we worry about winning, or finding vital peices to fit so our team succeeds? Seems like the Laker front office has their priorities mixed up.

I'm a Laker fan, I appreciate the years Kobe has given us, but no one man should have all this power..get off Kobe's nuts. :facepalm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/26/jeanie-buss-says-next-season-will-be-a-celebration-of-kobe-bryants-career/

ZeN
04-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Why can't it be all those things simultaneously? More than one thing can happen in a season.

IllegalD
04-28-2015, 03:26 PM

Really? How about we worry about winning, or finding vital peices to fit so our team succeeds? Seems like the Laker front office has their priorities mixed up.

I'm a Laker fan, I appreciate the years Kobe has given us, but no one man should have all this power..get off Kobe's nuts. :facepalm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/26/jeanie-buss-says-next-season-will-be-a-celebration-of-kobe-bryants-career/

Why not both...? :confusedshrug:

If you're really a "Laker fan", as you say claim to be, I don't know how you could have a problem with this.

I hate "fans" like you. What I like to call "Hipster-F*ggot Laker Fans". Fans who try to act like they're "too cool" to root for Kobe. And somehow trashing him "proves" that you're a "true Laker fan that puts the team above an individual player".

What a crock of sh*t! :roll:

I bet you you're some 50+ year old dude still stuck int he 80s that's just butthurt that Kobe will be known as the greater Laker than Magic. :lol If it was Magic instead of Kobe I GUARANTEE you wouldn't have a problem with the pageantry of his farewell tour. :facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-28-2015, 03:28 PM
A Lakers fan who puts the team over ONE player, or a Kobe zealot "Lakers fan" like the phagg0t above.

Tough choice for objectivity.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-28-2015, 03:30 PM
That being said, I have no problem with this. Twenty years on ONE team is a freaking milestone that SHOULD be celebrated. :applause:

Imtheman
04-28-2015, 03:34 PM

If you're really a "Laker fan", as you say claim to be, I don't know how you could have a problem with this.

I hate "fans" like you. What I like to call "Hipster-F*ggot Laker Fans". Fans who try to act like they're "too cool" to root for Kobe. And somehow trashing him "proves" that you're a "true Laker fan that puts the team above an individual player".

I bet you you're some 50+ year old dude still stuck int he 80s that's just butthurt that Kobe will be known as the greater Laker than Magic. :lol If it was Magic instead of Kobe I GUARANTEE you wouldn't have a problem with the pageantry of his farewell tour. :facepalm

I stated in the OP that I respect everything Kobe has done for us. And no, I'm not anything you've idiotically stated either. I'm giving my opinion on how the Organization isnt focusing on winning.

Kobe stated himself that he doesn't want a "Derek Jeter type farewell".

IllegalD
04-28-2015, 03:35 PM
A Lakers fan who puts the team over ONE player, or a Kobe zealot "Lakers fan" like the phagg0t above.

Tough choice for objectivity.

If you really think there's a difference/distinction between being a Laker fan for the past 20 years and being a Kobe fan you're just straight up lying to yourself and making my point for me.

If it's Jordan, Bird, Duncan, Magic, etc. this thread wouldn't even exist with a supposed "fan" of their respective teams lamenting this.

Levity
04-28-2015, 03:35 PM

you're undoubtedly over-analyzing the quote.

anyhow, ive said this before and ill say it again. kobe will be 38 this year and its his 20th season with the lakers. in other words, hes been a laker longer than he hasnt been a laker in his lifetime. incredible.

Imtheman
04-28-2015, 03:37 PM
you're undoubtedly over-analyzing the quote.
I probably am.

However I don't care.

Lakers won less than 30 games this year

Let that sink in for a minute.

IllegalD
04-28-2015, 03:38 PM
I stated in the OP that I respect everything Kobe has done for us. And no, I'm not anything you've idiotically stated either. I'm giving my opinion on how the Organization isnt focusing on winning.

Kobe stated himself that he doesn't want a "Derek Jeter type farewell".

Allright, Skip Gayless. :roll:

Just 'cause you preface something with "now I respect Kobe, but" doesn't ****ing exonerate you from spewing retarded bullsh*t.

Levity
04-28-2015, 03:38 PM
I probably am.

However I don't care.

Lakers won less than 30 games this year

Let that sink in for a minute.

yeah we were TERRIBAD this whole season. but we werent healthy and our front offices not so great FA plans fell through last year. theyre going at it with a different approach this year and we'll have 2 top lottery picks getting their mins. think positive, brotha.

Imtheman
04-28-2015, 03:40 PM

Just 'cause you preface something with "now I respect Kobe, but" doesn't ****ing exonerate you from spewing retarded bullsh*t.
You're not worth my time dude, keep the negativity to yourself. Negged and blocked.

IncarceratedBob
04-28-2015, 03:43 PM
Without Kobe, the Lakers are nothing more than the Celtics. A franchise who has a great winning history but hasn't won shit in the modern NBA aside from one ring. Lakers are worth an estimated 4.5 BILLION dollars. Without Kobe I estimate they're not worth half that.

Imtheman
04-28-2015, 03:43 PM
yeah we were TERRIBAD this whole season. but we werent healthy and our front offices not so great FA plans fell through last year. theyre going at it with a different approach this year and we'll have 2 top lottery picks getting their mins. think positive, brotha.
You're right. Just not used to seeing us like this. Even our Smush Parker Kwame years we've had 35 wins but missed the playoffs .I believe year after that we were 45-37 if I'm not mistaken. Thus year was god awful. I'll try to stay positive

IllegalD
04-28-2015, 03:50 PM
You're right. Just not used to seeing us like this. Even our Smush Parker Kwame years we've had 35 wins but missed the playoffs .I believe year after that we were 45-37 if I'm not mistaken. Thus year was god awful. I'll try to stay positive

Gee... I wonder what player was responsible for this...? :confusedshrug:

Spoiled-a$$ "Laker fans" taking sh*t for granted... :facepalm

Psileas
04-28-2015, 04:02 PM
Jeanie Buss: Next Season will be a "celebration to Kobe Bryants 20th Season"

Despite some fragments of truth existing here, this is basically the stylish way of saying that it will be another season thrown into the garbage bin.

Akrazotile
04-28-2015, 04:03 PM

They dont tho. Theyre running a business. And the sheep love kobe more than their own mothers.

ShawkFactory
04-28-2015, 04:04 PM

Why are you so mad? :roll: :lol

HylianNightmare
04-28-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm ready

lilandywiggins
04-28-2015, 04:09 PM

Lakers no longer no how to run things, so they just rely on Kobe.

G0ATbe
04-28-2015, 04:10 PM
He's the greatest player ever and is probably retiring anytime now. I don't have a problem with this. His birthday should, at the very least, be a worldwide holiday imo.

Imtheman
04-28-2015, 04:18 PM
He's the greatest player ever and is probably retiring anytime now. I don't have a problem with this. His birthday should, at the very least, be a worldwide holiday imo.
:coleman: :lol

HurricaneKid
04-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Lakers are worth an estimated 4.5 BILLION dollars. Without Kobe I estimate they're not worth half that.

What kind of stupid is this?

ImKobe
04-28-2015, 04:34 PM
It's not a retirement year for Kobe...just going to celebrate the fact that it's Kobe's 20th season in the league and all he's accomplished, team will hopefully be a lot better as well.

lilandywiggins
04-28-2015, 04:38 PM

But how does he taste?

Mr Feeny
04-28-2015, 05:33 PM

Wow.

Optimus Prime
04-28-2015, 05:35 PM
The best way to celebrate Kobe Bryant's career is to build a team that can actually compete in an NBA basketball game, not a D-League roster full of scrubs and clowns.

:kobe:

CavaliersFTW
04-28-2015, 05:40 PM
This means he's retiring next season. You don't dedicate a year and celebrate a player's second to last or third to last season.

They've done this for several players that hinted they were calling it after a season such as Dr. J and those seasons are basically like a sappy farewell tour especially late in the season where every arena gives a standing ovation and what not.

Damn. Kobe's about to be gone :(

Nick Young
04-28-2015, 05:41 PM
20 Years already? HOW GREAT IS OUR GAWD:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Mr Feeny
04-28-2015, 05:44 PM
20 Years already? HOW GREAT IS OUR GAWD:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

How does that curb stomp taste?:lol

CavaliersFTW
04-28-2015, 05:44 PM
20 Years already? HOW GREAT IS OUR GAWD:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I just realized my rec league teammate was only a year old when Kobe Bryant was a rookie. He probably never saw anything about the first half of Kobe's career. What the **** I feel old.

:(

SwayDizzle
04-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Kobe ain't going nowhere. Lakers are making the playoffs next year.

Magic 32
04-28-2015, 05:46 PM
This is Jeanie Buss trying to give Fredo one more year to rebuild.

Not going to happen with this idiot. And futhermore...

"I was laying myself on the line by saying, if this doesn't work in three to four years, if we're not back on the top — and the definition of top means contending for the Western Conference, contending for a championship — then I will step down because that means I have failed". - Jim Buss

Mr Feeny
04-28-2015, 05:47 PM

I wouldn't bet my mortgage, mate. Admire your optimism though:cheers:

CavaliersFTW
04-28-2015, 05:47 PM
I legit hope Kobe and Duncan can somehow play til they are 45 years old I'm not ready to see them go.

dazzer87
04-28-2015, 05:48 PM

Holy shit....Meltdown.........

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/chris-farley-bus-driver-gif-x450.gif

Mr Feeny
04-28-2015, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=Magic 32]This is Jeanie Buss trying to give Fredo one more year to rebuild.

Not going to happen with this idiot. And futhermore...

"I was laying myself on the line by saying, if this doesn't work in three to four years, if we're not back on the top

Magic 32
04-28-2015, 05:52 PM
They'll be closer to contending the moment they move Bryant off the roster. Bookmark this thread and call me out on it if I'm wrong. It isn't exactly prescience. It's pretty much the general consensus.

Easy cheap shot when Kobe signed the moment the team was already at it's lowest moment in years.

Kobe has done that twice in his career.

Lebron would never do if his life depended on it.

bluechox2
04-28-2015, 05:52 PM
they should do it when the Charlotte hornets come to town

TheMarkMadsen
04-28-2015, 05:57 PM
I just realized my rec league teammate was only a year old when Kobe Bryant was a rookie. He probably never saw anything about the first half of Kobe's career. What the **** I feel old.

would fit in perfectly on ISH

Mr Feeny
04-28-2015, 05:59 PM
Easy cheap shot when Kobe signed the moment the team was already at it's lowest moment in years.

Lebron would never do if his life depended on it.So we agree that the team will be significantly better off when he's off? Great:cheers:

Smoke117
04-28-2015, 06:01 PM
Kind of puts a damper on the "celebration" since in year 18 and 19 he was either not playing or complete garbage when he did.

JimmyMcAdocious
04-28-2015, 06:01 PM

There's people on this forum who missed the Shaq & Kobe Lakers. Pretty soon we will have people who didn't even watch LeBron in Cleveland the first time.

Shits depressing.

Magic 32
04-28-2015, 06:08 PM
So we agree that the team will be significantly better off when he's off? Great:cheers:

The sacrifice of loyalty.

http://www.dreamchasershow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/lebron.jpeg

spacebump
04-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Hopefully they are able to get at least 20 wins.

gts
04-28-2015, 06:26 PM
Why can't it be all those things simultaneously? More than one thing can happen in a season.They can...

More than one thing happens during every season, there's not a team in the league that isn't trying to juggle a dozen things on any given day

OP is also an idiot because her exact words were

@JeanieBuss on Kobe Bryant: "I look at this season as a celebration of his 20 years with the Lakers."

I'm sure they'll have a few special nights throughout the season to honor Kobe, and teams around the league will probably do something for him when he visits town... I'm also sure it will drive his haters up the wall.. best reason to be on ISH next year... lol

edit: Kobe himself has already said he doesn't want a bunch of noise about this btw

Lakers Legend#32
04-28-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm a Lakers fan, but Kobe can't leave fast enough.

bballnoob1192
04-28-2015, 07:02 PM
It's probably just a tribute video for kobe on opening night. or whenever he suits up next season. unless they do something dramatic like unveil a statue or retire his number while he's still playing.

Cold soul
04-28-2015, 07:22 PM
This will be Kobe last season as much pains me to say. He will retire after next season over with. I hope he has few great moments and farewell tour goes well hopefully arenas around US pay their respect and appreciation for his HOF career.

outbreak
04-28-2015, 07:23 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/msy.gif

Hey Yo
04-28-2015, 07:24 PM

Lebron would never do if his life depended on it.
What years was that?

Kobe signed a 7yr deal after just losing in the Finals. Then signed a 3 yr extension in 2010 before the playoffs started in which the extension didn't start till the 11-12 season.

Mr. Jabbar
04-28-2015, 07:27 PM

hipster-f*aggot laker fans" :roll: :roll:

good description

gts
04-28-2015, 07:29 PM
I wonder what the Raptors will give him when he visits Toronto for his last game :lol

albas89
04-28-2015, 07:42 PM
Talking about 20-year anniversaries, I thought she would talk about her 1995 Playboy photoshoot...:biggums:

Cold soul
04-28-2015, 07:58 PM
It's sad my childhood idols and athletes I grow up idolizing will soon retire those being Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Garnett. :cry: The end of an era is almost here.

HOoopCityJones
04-28-2015, 08:41 PM
I swear this ni99a Feeny only comes out when it's a Kobe thread. You more obsessed than the stans bruh.

Definitely an alt

Big Cheese
04-28-2015, 08:49 PM
I wonder if they will put 20th year kobe anniversary patches on the jerseys.

Cold soul
04-28-2015, 08:51 PM
I wonder if they will put 20th year kobe anniversary patches on the jerseys.

That would be cool but unnecessary. :D

unknowns8
04-28-2015, 08:53 PM

https://i.imgur.com/c579xst.gif

Lebron23
04-28-2015, 08:56 PM
I think it's time to retire Kobe Bryant.

Smoke117
04-28-2015, 08:56 PM
I swear this ni99a Feeny only comes out when it's a Kobe thread. You more obsessed than the stans bruh.

Trying to play it off like you aren't a Kobe stan now, eh? Adorable. You think changing your icon changes our memories?

Cold soul
04-28-2015, 09:00 PM
Trying to play it off like you aren't a Kobe stan now, eh? Adorable. You think changing your icon changes our memories?

It sure has more memories than that AV of yours will ever have. :lol

Showtime2001
04-28-2015, 09:14 PM
It sure has more memories than that AV of yours will ever have. :lol
http://i.imgur.com/jnIRkOZ.gif

bluechox2
04-28-2015, 09:18 PM
15 years of his career was wasted...what a shame...he should have 20 rings with that type of talent

Taller than CP3
04-28-2015, 09:21 PM
this is Derek Jeter all over again

every game of next season is going to be Kobe's last game

Kobe going on a World Tour, smh

Hey Yo
04-28-2015, 09:21 PM
I wonder what the Raptors will give him when he visits Toronto for his last game :lol
I wonder what Denver will get him?

golden handcuffs at half court?

bluechox2
04-28-2015, 09:24 PM

yea and then jim drops a 40 milion dollar 1 year contract for 2016 :lol

Lebron23
04-28-2015, 09:30 PM

SIMON

HOoopCityJones
04-28-2015, 10:10 PM

http://www.pulzo.com/sites/default/files/trauma3.gif

I'm as much of a stan as you are.

gilalizard
04-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Best celebration for Kobe would be to field a playoff-caliber team. Which will not happen without firing the **** out Jim Buss.

Smoke117
04-28-2015, 11:48 PM
http://www.pulzo.com/sites/default/files/trauma3.gif

I'm as much of a stan as you are.

Hm...*smirk* okay. I changed my Wade icon...my favorite player in the league...who is not in the playoffs to my 2nd favorite player who is...and I just happen to have live in Southern California my entire life...*gasp* wow...I'm cheering for CP3 and the Clippers...how did you ever come to that conclusion.

wakencdukest
04-29-2015, 12:46 AM
That top 5 draft pick will be a good start to the celebration.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-29-2015, 01:18 AM
What years was that?

Kobe signed a 7yr deal after just losing in the Finals. Then signed a 3 yr extension in 2010 before the playoffs started in which the extension didn't start till the 11-12 season.

The 2005 Lakers squad that Kobe signed on to featured how many players from the 2004 Finals making team? :facepalm

TheBigVeto
04-29-2015, 03:41 AM
Without David Stern, the Lakers are nothing more than the Celtics.

FTFY

Mr Feeny
04-29-2015, 03:56 AM
The 2005 Lakers squad that Kobe signed on to featured how many players from the 2004 Finals making team? :facepalm

Who fought with all of those 2004 members and drove them out?

Do me a favour and grab a copy of Phil Jackson ' s book on the 2004 season. If you want to read about how a single player can sabotage what should have been a historic team, read that book. It's really impressive how he messed everything :cheers:

His own coach was so pissed off, he let it all out to the public by writing a book.

TheMilkyBarKid
04-29-2015, 04:42 AM
Jeanie's present for the celebration will probably be her hairy snatch in Bryant's face.

BigTicket
04-29-2015, 04:54 AM
Lakers don't have much chance of winning next year, the goal is to get a top 3 draft pick, in order to get ready for the 2016 offseason when Kobe's contract comes off the books, so the Lakers can start over.

LA_Showtime
04-29-2015, 05:05 AM
Translation: "Don't expect the team to be any better."

swagga
04-29-2015, 09:47 AM

Translation:
"we gonna give kobe license to 30 shots a game, kobe gonna give us #1 pick"

not a bad strategy imo. :applause: should produce some fun games like :roll:

Optimus Prime
04-29-2015, 10:08 AM

Sadly, I think that is pretty close to the truth. Focus on Kobe instead of the D-League team that he's surrounded with.

Truly sad that one of the best of all time has had the twilight of his career wasted by Jimmy "The Doofus" Buss. :facepalm

I wonder who would win in a contest of "Most Incompetent Rich Kid To Inherit A Team": Jimmy Buss or James Dolan?