PDA

View Full Version : As a lifelong Mavs fan, this is the worst team we have ever lost to

masonanddixon
04-28-2015, 10:49 PM
In the Dirk era. If Parsons were healthy and the Rondo trade never happened Mavs would've swept this team. This is frustrating.

Well everyone I'm out until November.

SouBeachTalents
04-28-2015, 10:50 PM
Worse than the '07 Warriors?

masonanddixon
04-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Worse than the '07 Warriors?

In my opinion, yes

The_Pharcyde
04-28-2015, 10:52 PM
Not a rockets fan but they smacked them easily...
Parsons and no rondo and this maybe goes 6 games

Eric Cartman
04-28-2015, 10:52 PM
Dirk is done.

HylianNightmare
04-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Feel for Dirk, wonder what happens to amare and rondo

ronnymac
lo mavs were garbage even healthy. we beat them easily in game one with their full squad. we smashed them 3-1 in the regular season. that was a season smashing of 7 wins to 2 losses.:lol

outbreak
So if the mavs were a better team than the rockets they would have won? Interesting.

YouGotServed
04-28-2015, 10:56 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/c/ce/500x1000px-LL-cefd0702_ezgif-1184545086.gif

SpecialQue
04-28-2015, 10:58 PM
They still kicked your ass though.

Fudge
04-28-2015, 10:59 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/806XM/oops-i-did-it-again/image.jpg

YouGotServed
04-28-2015, 11:01 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/806XM/oops-i-did-it-again/image.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Biggyd81
04-29-2015, 12:20 AM
GTFO with your excuses

L8krH8tr
04-29-2015, 12:23 AM
Dirk is done, its simple as that. how are you gonna rely on Monte Ellis little guy as your best player. Tyson Chandler doesnt create his own shot, PArsons super overated. Their heart was always Jason Terry, Jason Kidd. They would never ever ever ever win without those 2 Dirk Included.

Prime_Shaq
04-29-2015, 12:40 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Stay mad Mavs fan

Hit_Em
04-29-2015, 12:54 AM
OP have some respect for yourself you whore

lilandywiggins
04-29-2015, 01:18 AM
:applause:

enayes
04-29-2015, 01:28 AM
when the Rockets win the West will you feel better?

:oldlol:

DMAVS41
04-29-2015, 01:32 AM
Rockets are good. Should have been a better series, but Rockets are legit good.

UK2K
04-29-2015, 02:14 AM
In the Dirk era. If Parsons were healthy and the Rondo trade never happened Mavs would've swept this team. This is frustrating.

Well everyone I'm out until November.
The Rockets won 4-1, and it wasn't even really that close.

So not sure what a Parsons could do for you that Aminu didn't. Aminu was by far the better player this series. Dude balled out.

masonanddixon
04-29-2015, 02:26 AM

So not sure what a Parsons could do for you that Aminu didn't. Aminu was by far the better player this series. Dude balled out.

Parsons is clearly better. Also, not having Rondo made the team clearly better.

It's frustrating because this was a series Dallas SHOULD HAVE WON. The only series I can think of where Dallas lost early when they should've clearly won was against Golden State.

Thats what makes this so frustrating. Houston will probably get swept in the next round.

masonanddixon
04-29-2015, 02:26 AM
Rockets are good. Should have been a better series, but Rockets are legit good.

Yes they are about 12 deep but their star players are the least dependable playoffs performers in the NBA.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2015, 02:32 AM
the mavs have had 7 first round exits out of 14 post seasons. thats alot

masonanddixon
04-29-2015, 02:38 AM

Yeah because they have the worst owner in the NBA. They built a great foundation last season; the problem was they HAD to trade an incredibly important player in Calderon to get Chandler, and Calderon was literally THE PERFECT FIT ON DALLAS.

Now they have to beg and plead Monta for forgiveness and hope he stays and spend all summer looking for a PG with a steady hand and strong defense and they will be in contention.

This season was incredibly frustrating; it reminded me of 03-04 when we brought in Antoine Walker and he ruined the season after we nearly won it all in 02-o3 :((((

Oh and we wasted another year for Dirk...

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-29-2015, 02:41 AM
Yeah because they have the worst owner in the NBA. They built a great foundation last season; the problem was they HAD to trade an incredibly important player in Calderon to get Chandler, and Calderon was literally THE PERFECT FIT ON DALLAS.

Now they have to beg and plead Monta for forgiveness and hope he stays and spend all summer looking for a PG with a steady hand and strong defense and they will be in contention.

This season was incredibly frustrating; it reminded me of 03-04 when we brought in Antoine Walker and he ruined the season after we nearly won it all in 02-o3 :((((

Oh and we wasted another year for Dirk...
Dirk isnt great anymore. Hes bottom of a top 20 player at best. He was awesome last year but hes like half the player he was then took a big drop

masonanddixon
04-29-2015, 02:43 AM
Dirk isnt great anymore. Hes bottom of a top 20 player at best. He was awesome last year but hes like half the player he was then took a big drop

Yes exactly. He was good on offense in the postseason this year and horrible on defense.

Last year I would say he was still elite. This season he was average at best in the regular season. He's not done yet but he'd be better coming off the bench for Aldridge :)

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 02:46 AM
http://warriorsworld.bayareaballllc1.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tumblr_lta2xhKiag1qaogkso1_500.jpg

http://www.wallcoo.net/sport/nba_golden_state_warriors/images/team_0708_1024x768.jpg

42-40

DMAVS41
04-29-2015, 08:08 AM

Playing in the West with good but not great teams and often poor coaching unt Rick will do that to you.

Transport the Mavs to the East and it they'd have 0 first round losses.

That is what is so stupid about this league.

DMAVS41
04-29-2015, 08:18 AM

It wasn't 4-1 close? What series were you Rockets fans watching?

Every game went into the final 10 minutes in doubt. Games 3 and 5 were tossups with like 4 minutes or less to go...

Rockets played well and were the clear better team, but this talk of the Rockets being "dominant" in this series just is already revising something that happened within the last week.

And LOL...just the added body of Parsons would have been huge. Would we have won? Nah, but we would have pushed it to at least 6...likely 7.

It's not that Aminu wasn't great...it was that we badly needed another body and especially another shooter.

brantonli
04-29-2015, 08:21 AM
Sheesh, some Mavs fans keep saying if they had Parsons and not traded for Rondo, they would've pushed the Rockets further (or in case of OP, 'swept the team)...fine, if only the Rockets had Beverley and Motiejunas, we would've crushed the Mavs like insects. You get to play hypotheticals, so can everybody else. Just wish that troll of an OP can go away.

It was a nice, hard fought series, that IMO really shouldn't have been as close as it was (in terms of individual games). Rockets made too many turnovers and mistakes, which the Spurs/Clippers will capitalise on and we won't get off as easily as we did.

ArbitraryWater
04-29-2015, 08:22 AM

:biggums:

I like the Rockets, stop being such a ****ing shithead about winning a goddamn playoff series...

this was a Dirk shot away from tied after 2, and I'm pretty sure all 4th quarters in Houston involved a tie game or one possession game in the final 6 minutes or so.

JohnnySic
04-29-2015, 08:45 AM
Mavs just weren't as good as some thought. Dirk is old. Rondo was a bad fit. Parsons is overrated.

The Rockets are good. They are loaded with athletes - Howard, Harden, Ariza, Smith, Brewer, Jones, etc. I'd like their chances better going forward if they still had Motiejunas and Beverley though.

Fallen Angel
04-29-2015, 09:15 AM
If we had Motiejunas and Beverley we'd go 16-0.

16-1 is alright though

SCdac
04-29-2015, 10:24 AM
I kinda agree that had Mavs been more intact it would have been much more of a series. Not an outlandish thought and I think the Rockets will come down to earth (but who knows). Parsons is overrated, sure, but he's good and can take offensive pressure of Dirk and Monta. He's so inconsistent though. In a hypothetical scenario, had Rondo been with the Mavs for training camp and preseason (i.e., gelled and adapted by the time playoffs roll around) I think they would have looked alot better. Won the series? idk. Couldn't stop Harden and probably still wouldn't have, but still. And yea Rockets had players out too its true

Optimus Prime
04-29-2015, 10:26 AM
Mavs stans in full damage control mode right now.

8th seeded Warriors was way worse, and it's not even close.

Feel bad for Dirk, because he has been a class act, but Father Time catches up to everyone. Except for Tim Duncan of course, who may or may not be a vampire or a cyborg.

:kobe:

rezznor
04-29-2015, 10:42 AM
Parsons is clearly better. Also, not having Rondo made the team clearly better.

It's frustrating because this was a series Dallas SHOULD HAVE WON. The only series I can think of where Dallas lost early when they should've clearly won was against Golden State.

Thats what makes this so frustrating. Houston will probably get swept in the next round.

coulda shoulda woulda

we give u parsons and take away rondo if you give us back beverly and d-mo and we would have swept dallas.

p.s. you were the one celebrating the rockets/mavs as the perfect match up for dallas :oldlol:

UK2K
04-29-2015, 01:52 PM
It wasn't 4-1 close? What series were you Rockets fans watching?

Every game went into the final 10 minutes in doubt. Games 3 and 5 were tossups with like 4 minutes or less to go...

Rockets played well and were the clear better team, but this talk of the Rockets being "dominant" in this series just is already revising something that happened within the last week.

And LOL...just the added body of Parsons would have been huge. Would we have won? Nah, but we would have pushed it to at least 6...likely 7.

It's not that Aminu wasn't great...it was that we badly needed another body and especially another shooter.
Aminu shot 55% and 64% from the 3pt line, and was able to check Harden, and provide rebounding.

I'm not sure what you think Parsons could do better than him?

Dude averaged 11,7 and 2 spg and provided great defense on Harden. That's more than what Parsons would be doing.

UK2K
04-29-2015, 01:55 PM
:biggums:

I like the Rockets, stop being such a ****ing shithead about winning a goddamn playoff series...

this was a Dirk shot away from tied after 2, and I'm pretty sure all 4th quarters in Houston involved a tie game or one possession game in the final 6 minutes or so.
I know the Rockets averaged about 116 for the series, so you can throw out 'almost hit shots' and 'almost close gsmes', but the only game I even had an inkling they would lose was game 4.

Even game 3, at no point did I think Houston would lose. It was a 2 point final score, but it was also a 8-10 point game with 2 minutes or so left.

DMAVS41
04-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Aminu shot 55% and 64% from the 3pt line, and was able to check Harden, and provide rebounding.

I'm not sure what you think Parsons could do better than him?

Dude averaged 11,7 and 2 spg and provided great defense on Harden. That's more than what Parsons would be doing.

Did you read my post at all? We needed another body.

You realize our best lineup would have been Ellis, Psrsons, Aminu, Dirk, Tyson... Right?

Please read a post first...

masonanddixon
05-06-2015, 06:15 AM
Houston is garbage

Biggyd81
05-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Houston is garbage

Mavs lost to garbage. Deal with it.

masonanddixon
05-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Mavs lost to garbage. Deal with it.

Yeah the Mavs were pitiful.

jzek
05-06-2015, 10:34 AM
I thought Rondo was a top 5 PG?

masonanddixon
05-06-2015, 09:40 PM
I thought Rondo was a top 5 PG?

Actually as soon as the trade happened I made a thread saying it would ruin the team, and nobody believed me.

RoseCity07
05-06-2015, 09:58 PM
Rockets really are garbage:oldlol: