04-29-2015, 01:48 PM
"There

Nick Young
04-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Get ready to lose in the second round kid:lol

SourSamCassell
04-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Careful, Jimmy.

This could come back to bite you in the face.

jimmybball
04-29-2015, 01:53 PM
Careful, Jimmy.

Wasn't me.

Taller than CP3
04-29-2015, 01:56 PM
They aren't good enough to make it past the second round. Neither is Dallas lol.

UK2K
04-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Before the season started, I said a first round exit would be a disappointment, and a conference finals would be a bonus.

This is where I expected them to go out before the season started, so if they do lose to SA, then so be it.

lilandywiggins
04-29-2015, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=UK2K]"There

UK2K
04-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Careful, Jimmy.

All in good fun.

I like Cuban on Shark Tank and think he'd be cool as fvck to have as a boss, but he talks a lot of shit towards Houston (and Howard).

Reminding everyone how arrogant he is.

Budadiiii
04-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Mark just tells people how he feels without filter

alpha male billionaire.

You're mad because of his opinion about your favorite team? LMAO! Get a thicker skin lad.

trig
04-29-2015, 09:51 PM
yep everyone knows Harden will drive, elbow you in the face and get to the freethrow line

lilandywiggins
04-29-2015, 10:02 PM
yep everyone knows Harden will drive, elbow you in the face and get to the freethrow line
:lol

Nick Young
04-29-2015, 10:03 PM
Before the season started, I said a first round exit would be a disappointment, and a conference finals would be a bonus.

This is where I expected them to go out before the season started, so if they do lose to SA, then so be it.
Why are you content with second round exit? Your team's championship window has 1 year max, and has realistically zero shot at even sniffing the WCF. Why are you so content with mediocrity?:confusedshrug:

Random_Guy
04-29-2015, 10:08 PM
what cuban says is truth, and I dont really think he was trying to downplay houston OP. In general houston really isnt a good time as compared with other rosters (on paper), and they actually run pretty simple plays with a lot of high screen and rolls, and a lot of catch and shoot threes. but even so, its extremely hard to stop harden's drives and dwights pnr.
the exact same could be said about the thunder imho

lilandywiggins
04-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Why are you content with second round exit? Your team's championship window has 1 year max, and has realistically zero shot at even sniffing the WCF. Why are you so content with mediocrity?:confusedshrug:

Years of mental trauma.

SaltyMeatballs
04-29-2015, 10:24 PM
Get ready to see your team in the lottery for the next decade, son. You still mad Howie left, huh?

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 10:29 PM
SaltyMarkCuban

ronnymac
04-29-2015, 10:30 PM
Before the season started people were saying Houston was not going to be in the playoffs picture let alone advance to the second round because they lost the almighty pairing of Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin!.We started the season wining well even before the Brewer and Smith gains which are major upgrades on lin and Asik nontheless.

So this season has been a emphatic success thus far and whatever happens from here is gravy!

KG215
04-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Good for the Rockets making the second round, but why do Rocket fans just wanna ignore how terrible the Mavs are defensively, how "meh" they were the last month or two of the season, how much disarray they were in because the whole Rondo fiasco, and the injury to Parsons?

They got the most "lick your chops" worthy first round matchup in the West. The Mavs were a sitting duck for whoever got them in the 1st round, and there's probably 3-4 teams in the East that would beat Dallas in a best-of-seven right now. I get Rockets fans taking out their frustration from earlier in the season and preseason where everyone was saying they might not even be a playoff team this year, but incessantly bragging about beating the Mavs, especially in their current state, is starting to get equally annoying.

Random_Guy
04-29-2015, 11:39 PM
Good for the Rockets making the second round, but why do Rocket fans just wanna ignore how terrible the Mavs are defensively, how "meh" they were the last month or two of the season, how much disarray they were in because the whole Rondo fiasco, and the injury to Parsons?

They got the most "lick your chops worthy" first round matchup in the West, and there's probably 3-4 teams in the East that would beat Dallas n a best-of-seven right now. I get Rockets fans taking out their frustration from earlier in the season and preseason where everyone was saying they might not even be a playoff team this year, but incessantly bragging about beating the Mavs, especially in their current state, is starting to get equally annoying.
i think the rocket fans are just pissed with what cuban said in all honesty

KG215
04-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Fair enough. It would piss me off, too, if he said that about my team.

Random_Guy
04-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Fair enough. It would piss me off, too, if he said that about my team.
as a rational thunders fan, would you rather have harden or russ beside kd? i am genuinely curious to which guy you would rather have.

hawksdogsbraves
04-29-2015, 11:51 PM
I actually think that's a pretty on point quote from Cuban. The Mavs were simply outgunned by Houston, and that showed in a 5 game series win for the Rockets.

The Spurs are a different animal, where you might out talent them, hell, you might out talent them by a LOT, (hello Clippers) and they still beat you. You've got to do some special things coaching and scheme wise to beat a team like that.

With the Mavs, the Rockets just went up to them man to man and simply beat them down.

KG215
04-29-2015, 11:52 PM
as a rational thunders fan, would you rather have harden or russ beside kd? i am genuinely curious to which guy you would rather have.
Eh, you can make a argument either way. Honestly, I'd probably still take Russ simply because he truly is the heart and soul of the team, or the "straw that stirs the drink." Durant is pretty clearly the team's best player when at the top of his game, but Russ is the team's energizer. I think alongside Durant's cool and calm demeanor, you need a player with Westbrook's limitless energy and relentless drive.

With that said, I'd probably rather have Harden if/when "bad" Westbrook, or "Westbrick" shows up and goes into hero ball mode. He doesn't show up nearly as often as his critics think, but Harden is definitely a more even-keeled player.

MiseryCityTexas
04-30-2015, 12:05 AM

They got the most "lick your chops" worthy first round matchup in the West. The Mavs were a sitting duck for whoever got them in the 1st round, and there's probably 3-4 teams in the East that would beat Dallas in a best-of-seven right now. I get Rockets fans taking out their frustration from earlier in the season and preseason where everyone was saying they might not even be a playoff team this year, but incessantly bragging about beating the Mavs, especially in their current state, is starting to get equally annoying.

Rockets were beating the Mavs even when Parsons was healthy.:oldlol:

MiseryCityTexas
04-30-2015, 12:07 AM

Harden's a better passer than Westbrook.

lilandywiggins
04-30-2015, 12:08 AM
Before the season started people were saying Houston was not going to be in the playoffs picture let alone advance to the second round because they lost the almighty pairing of Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin!.We started the season wining well even before the Brewer and Smith gains which are major upgrades on lin and Asik nontheless.

So this season has been a emphatic success thus far and whatever happens from here is gravy!

So much damage control and the Rockets don't even know who their opponent is yet. :yaohappy:

KG215
04-30-2015, 12:08 AM
Rockets were beating the Mavs even when Parsons was healthy.:oldlol:
And they likely would've beat them if he played the whole series, but the rest what I posted still applies. That Mavs were a mess. Not only because of the Rondo fiasco, but because they played pretty average basketball for the last month or two of the season and they've been a terrible defensive team the entire series.

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2015, 12:18 AM
Eh, you can make a argument either way. Honestly, I'd probably still take Russ simply because he truly is the heart and soul of the team, or the "straw that stirs the drink." Durant is pretty clearly the team's best player when at the top of his game, but Russ is the team's energizer. I think alongside Durant's cool and calm demeanor, you need a player with Westbrook's limitless energy and relentless drive.

With that said, I'd probably rather have Harden if/when "bad" Westbrook, or "Westbrick" shows up and goes into hero ball mode. He doesn't show up nearly as often as his critics think, but Harden is definitely a more even-keeled player.
I think this year, Harden is proving he is > Westbrook.

This series, he's averaged 28.4/3.8/7/8 on 46.5% FG and .652 TS. Westbrook can make a lot of dumb plays late in the game, like chucking 3's when Morrow is on fire and wide open. Sure he's fearless, but I think Harden's maturity and discipline trumps Westbrooks fearlessness. Harden is the type of player that would let KD take the last shot of the game everytime. IMO, Harden playing point would be awesome. I mean he was able to get the 2nd seed this year with Dwight being out the bulk of the season. Honestly, I can't see Westbrook doing the same.

rezznor
04-30-2015, 12:27 AM
true. it's mostly this and other jabs that cuban has taken at the rockets organization and morey over the last few years. he seems to have a personal vendetta against morey. remember it was cuban who said morey just wanted to collect big names and doesn't care about chemistry...then he goes out and picks up rondo...

chandler parsons taking shots at the team that drafted him and after they did him a huge favor by letting him get his big contract early also rubbed many the wrong many. before that happened most people i knew wished him the best.

so all that along with all the fail predictions before the season started got rockets fans riled up and ready to take it out on cuban. it was pretty satisfying to watch all his moves blow up in his constantly constipated looking face.

as for the mavs players and fans themselves, i don't really mind them much. i'm actually in dallas almost every month visiting friends so it's fun to talk shit with each other. i'm even thinking of moving up there :oldlol:

COnDEMnED
04-30-2015, 01:07 AM
This thread has so much potential to be hilariously bumped.

Droid101
04-30-2015, 01:23 AM
Wasn't me.
Repped.

Balla_Status
04-30-2015, 03:33 AM
Key phrase was "good enough to stop them" which pretty much saves him.

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2015, 04:23 AM
How so? Cuban is out of the playoffs

COnDEMnED
05-05-2015, 02:04 AM
I stand by this. :roll:

305Baller
05-05-2015, 02:09 AM
A bit...Too soon.

jimmybball
05-05-2015, 02:15 AM
I stand by this. :roll:
:applause:

Hittin_Shots
05-05-2015, 03:08 AM
A bit...Too soon.

Clippers were gone in this thread though

UK2K
05-05-2015, 03:16 AM
I've had the Rockets going out in the second round all season, since opening day.

I even went to so far as to say I'd rather have had the Spurs advance because the Clips are a bad matchup for Houston.

Spurs m8
05-05-2015, 03:50 AM
I've had the Rockets going out in the second round all season, since opening day.

I even went to so far as to say I'd rather have had the Spurs advance because the Clips are a bad matchup for Houston.

Hows that MVP award going?

bballnoob1192
05-05-2015, 04:02 AM

lmfao at this defeatist mentality. is this how all houston and harden fans are? where are your cajones?

warriorfan
05-05-2015, 04:04 AM
lmfao at this defeatist mentality. is this how all houston and harden fans are? where are your cajones?

Can't hate on them for being realistic

UK2K
05-05-2015, 07:01 AM
Its the truth.

No matter how much ISH tries to turn the Rockets role players into superstars, they aren't. They're not very good. They weren't when they were picked up, they aren't now.

Some of us recognize that.

I'd love a finals appearance but, I won't be disappointed with a second round out either. To be one of the four best teams in the West is an accomplishment in itself.

StephHamann
05-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Its the truth.

No matter how much ISH tries to turn the Rockets role players into superstars, they aren't. They're not very good. They weren't when they were picked up, they aren't now.

Yeah Dwight really needs more help.

IncarceratedBob
05-05-2015, 12:50 PM
harden will never lead a team to the western conference finals. his style of play is conducive to nice stats, and winning meaningless games in the reg. season. even the MVP voters saw how much of a fraud mr. james is.

bballnoob1192
05-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Its the truth.

Some of us recognize that.

I'd love a finals appearance but, I won't be disappointed with a second round out either. To be one of the four best teams in the West is an accomplishment in itself.
http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/89c01320f2e011e49e19b953eebba297.webm
lol don't even blame the roleplayers plez when their "leader" and "mvp" was literally the first one that visibly quit at the end of the game. look at his body language how can the team play when their leader is shook. The saddest part is DH has the most heart on this team, and this was the same last year when they got their ass wooped by the blazers.