PDA

View Full Version : i might actually give lebron credit if he wins this year.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 02:35 PM
now he "only" has 1 other mvp caliber team mate

kobe might have won 2 without another guy like that. kyrie is obviously a top 5-6 player in the nba while gasol in 09 was around top 15+

but kobe did win 3 rings with shaq

and i count those titles. winning with 1 other guy isnt so bad. so i might actually be impressed if cleveland can get it done. even with an easy road to the finals

itel never compare to either of kobes 2009 or 2010 runs from the west without another mvp quality talent

but itel be worth something unlike his last 2. as if the lockout/ray allen shot werent enough of a problem

i also wont consider it a colluded ring since the one he rigged to get there is injured. kyrie was there already. so its just a ring chased title. which isnt the absolute worst thing

i figure this title could garner a 70% level prestige

much better than his first 2 titles. they were well under 50%

:cheers:

IncarceratedBob
04-29-2015, 02:37 PM
during the back 2 back laker rings pau gasol was a top 5 player and clearly the best big man in the league. he even made people think duncan was done after shitting in timmys mouth game after game after game.

DMV2
04-29-2015, 02:37 PM
I'll never give Kobe credit for that half-ass 2000 Finals ring.

Prometheus
04-29-2015, 02:38 PM
[Kyrie Irving is] mvp caliber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK2fNG26xFg

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 02:40 PM
during the back 2 back laker rings pau gasol was a top 5 player and clearly the best big man in the league. he even made people think duncan was done after shitting in timmys mouth game after game after game.

lol no

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 02:41 PM
I'll never give Kobe credit for that half-ass 2000 Finals ring.

its funny cause even kobes worst ring ( 2000 averaging 23ppg and 21ppg in the playoffs ) is basically the norm for prime duncan

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 02:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK2fNG26xFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXxt8hJbelo

its obvious kyrie is well on his way to taking over the cavs from lebron. if kyrie isnt an mvp quality player and on any given night we dont know whos team it is.. what does that say about lebron?

:lol

Prometheus
04-29-2015, 02:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXxt8hJbelo

its obvious kyrie is well on his way to taking over the cavs from lebron. if kyrie isnt an mvp quality player and on any given night we dont know whos team it is.. what does that say about lebron?

The best game of Kyrie's career is evidence that he's better and that the Cavs are his team?

You're smarter than that Kenny. I believe in you.

ImKobe
04-29-2015, 02:58 PM
Lebron right now has more help than Kobe did in 01 and 02, to be honest.

We're not even going to discuss 2008-10 :kobe:

Prometheus
04-29-2015, 03:08 PM

In 2001 and 2002, Kobe WAS the help.

ISHGoat
04-29-2015, 03:09 PM
Why do kobe stans hate stats and advanced metrics?

Imtheman
04-29-2015, 03:15 PM
lol no
Yes. I remember people saying Duncan was done. He's right.

Velocirap31
04-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Bosh was MVP caliber? Hell no, he's a borderline all star at his best. Lebron had a broken Wade and Bosh going 0/everything in game 7's. His team wasn't that good as evidenced this season, even with the addition of Dragic and Deng.

scm5
04-29-2015, 03:29 PM

There is a mental aspect to the game.

I'm all for advanced stats and will be the first to admit that no matter how you argue statistically, Kobe has nothing on Lebron. What Kobe brings to the table is something else that's hard to quantify, but is definitely there. Whether that makes him a better player than Lebron is what most people argue about, and could go either way.

The best way I can put it is, if you actually play basketball regularly you'll play against players that are relentless and can make tough shots after tough shot (Kobe). Somehow, it seems like each shot that player makes takes a toll on you. Like ****, how do you stop this mf.

Then you play against these players that just win game after game with their squad. They're clearly the best player on the team and make all the right plays, scores seemingly effortlessly.

When you talk about the best players on a particular court, that first guy will get the nod over the second guy I mentioned. I'm sure if you kept stats, the second guy would look better.

ImKobe
04-29-2015, 03:36 PM

Kobe led the most dominant Playoff team EVER in Winshares

suck on that, little bitch.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 03:36 PM

according to analytics bill russell is NOT a top 100 player all time

dh144498
04-29-2015, 03:37 PM

:roll:

Mr. Jabbar
04-29-2015, 03:38 PM
lebald has enough help and no excuses. :applause:

ImKobe
04-29-2015, 03:38 PM

using your alt to reply to yourself

how pathetic must your life be, you little slut.

Dizzle-2k7
04-29-2015, 03:39 PM
i agree with OP.. id be very impressed with Lebron if he won this year ..

dont get me wrong.. hes a fantastic player and top 15 all time.. but if his stans (kblaze, rba, meticode) want to be proven right when they compare him to MJ, he has to win this year

doubt it tho

Lensanity
04-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Lmao at Kobe only having 1 teammate. Ever heard of Andrew Bynum? And Gasol > Kyrie.

Oh yeah, and Phil Jackson, and Joe Crawford in game 7...

And 6-24 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Solefade
04-29-2015, 03:40 PM

:oldlol:

Cocaine80s
04-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Kyrie an mvp candidate? :oldlol:

ImKobe
04-29-2015, 03:47 PM
Lmao at Kobe only having 1 teammate. Ever heard of Andrew Bynum? And Gasol > Kyrie.

6/24 is one of the most iconic games of all-time, people remember this game as much as Jordan's Game 6.

dazzer87
04-29-2015, 03:49 PM

KG215
04-29-2015, 03:58 PM
its funny cause even kobes worst ring ( 2000 averaging 23ppg and 21ppg in the playoffs ) is basically the norm for prime duncan
Excellent point. And as we both know, scoring and completely and totally ignoring every other aspect of basketball is how you truly measure a player's impact.

Your argument techniques are damn near flawless.

lilandywiggins
04-29-2015, 04:00 PM
He'll have to earn it more, but it isn't like he is at some major disadvantage either.

ImKobe
04-29-2015, 04:01 PM

You have a lot of alts. :coleman:

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Excellent point. And as we both know scoring and the total ignorance of every other aspect of basketball is how you truly measure a player's impact.

Your argument techniques are damn near flawless.

KG215
04-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Kobe led the most dominant Playoff team EVER in Winshares

suck on that, little bitch.
Well, if that's how you want to play it, Gasol led the Lakers in: offensive winshares, defensive winshares, total winshares (obviously), and WS/48 in the 2010 playoffs.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 04:05 PM

this dude listed bynum as kobes help in 2009 and 2010

6ppg, 3rpg, 0apg playoff run in 2009 ( 6/4/0 finals )
8ppg, 6rpg, 0apg playoff run in 2010 ( 7/5/0 finals )

http://itsbizkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/tumblr_m1zohrjtjA1qc9n6mo1_500.png

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2015, 04:12 PM
Lol at Bosh and Love being MVP candidates. Neither has ever finished in the top 5 in voting once in their careers, and finished top 10 once. And I'm not saying Kyrie won't become one, but he sure hasn't been close to one so far in his career. And all 3 have had absolutely NO postseason success without LeBron

Real14
04-29-2015, 04:14 PM

Exactly. Is tha OP ok? Are you feeling well bro? Bron got all tha extry help he can get.

Megabox!
04-29-2015, 04:19 PM
:roll: ImKobe mad as f*ck, don't be mad your boy was 2nd fiddle to the Diesel

Prometheus
04-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Well, if that's how you want to play it, Gasol led the Lakers in: offensive winshares, defensive winshares, total winshares (obviously), and WS/48 in the 2010 playoffs.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/oooh.gif

Prometheus
04-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Exactly. Is tha OP ok? Are you feeling well bro? Bron got all tha extry help he can get.

OP is a kobe stan. Are you paying attention?

ShawkFactory
04-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Does OP just like being picked apart? Posting arguments so stupid that even an elementary school kid can destroy them.

:confusedshrug:

I don't get it.

Smoke117
04-29-2015, 05:06 PM

http://i42.tinypic.com/20tgsjc.gif

Hey Yo
04-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Cavs now have no chance to win the title this season. Nobody in the East does. Love going down has taken the excitement out of the playoffs and guarantee's a West team will win it all.

plowking
04-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Am I the only one that thinks current Gasol is probably as good or better than Kyrie, let alone 08/09 Gasol?

Dr Hawk
04-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Am I the only one that thinks current Gasol is probably as good or better than Kyrie, let alone 08/09 Gasol?

I would rather have 08/09/10 Gasol than Kyrie.

Not sure about current Pau. This Cavs need Kyrie's scoring

pauk
04-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Haha... if Lebron wins this year it will be the biggest example of "Winning a championship with the worst supporting cast" criteria in NBA history.... overachieving at its very finest....

Nobody has ever won with this little as it is now around Lebron, nobody.... he has Kyrie, but that team is not deep.... you look at any player who ever won a championship, all those teams were DEEP... that is what matters, not who your 2nd best guy is.... 10 guys averaging 10 ppg is better than 2 guys averaging 20 ppg and the rest zip....

..and no, Kobe has never won with this little, nowhere close... "1 MVP caliber".... lol.. first of all you will have to proven in that regard to be called "MVP caliber", he has been put in that situation many years to show his "MVP caliber" and it was nowhere close, ever since Lebron left Cavs have been struggling just to not be the worst team in the damn East, better yet try reaching the Playoffs, in the damn East... WITH Kyrie...

and thats the team Lebron is playing for now at this very moment...

AND, i would take prime Pau Gasol's overall (defensive/offensive) impact over current Kyrie ANY DAMN DAY....

No matter how great you think Kyrie is it doesnt matter jack squat when you look at everything else, this is nowhere close to a deep team.... Kobe has never won a championship or got to the Finals with such a poor supporting cast, his team was always deeper than this, from coaching to the last players, far deeper than this squad i can tell you that....

You should not just give Lebron credit if he manages to win with this squad.... you should give much more.... considering nobody ever won with such a poor supporting cast, why not even call him GOAT.... atm he has just Kyrie to help him, a young PG with fancy handles who chucks shots and has zero playoff experience.... and the rest, eh, dont want to hurt some Cavs fans feelings....

aj1987
04-29-2015, 06:06 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rekt!

Solefade
04-29-2015, 06:11 PM
kobe stans getting destroyed ITT daayyymn

pauk
04-29-2015, 06:37 PM
I would be absolutely surprised if Cavs pull this one of, to say the least. I would be kindof impressed if they get through the next two series without problems first of all.... I think Atlanta should be able to take them if they get to ECF... and this next series vs Bulls is very scary, maybe even more than Atlanta... because Rose/Noah are back healthy at the perfect time, with Rose/Noah playing/healthy this is the exact damn team that would have the best record in the NBA and Rose winning MVP.... Dont be fooled simply because Bulls/Atlanta didnt sweep their opponents, they are teams that in their favor matchup especially now with Cavs squad nicely...

Dont think Lebron will win this year, i know he wont, all i want to see from him is to simply play up to his standards, just be 27-7-7 Lebron.... control what he can control, his game... the rest is out of his hands... How well his teammates shoot, pass, dribble, rebound, defend, make decisions compared to the opponents.... out of his hands... The better team will always win... not the better player....

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 06:42 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rekt!

kobe had one of the top 5 all time playoff runs in 2001

averaging 29/7/6 in a 15-1 playoff run

co-lead dog. they should be co-mvps...

yall can talk shit about 1999-2000 all you want when kobe averaged prime tim duncan scoring numbers... i agree... prime duncan and 2000 kobe werent that great

but leave 2001 and 2002 out of it. those were historic runs for kobe and legit titles

plowking
04-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Haha... if Lebron wins this year it will be the biggest example of "Winning a championship with the worst supporting cast" criteria in NBA history.... overachieving at its very finest....

Nobody has ever won with this little as it is now around Lebron, nobody.... he has Kyrie, but that team is not deep.... you look at any player who ever won a championship, all those teams were DEEP... that is what matters, not who your 2nd best guy is.... 10 guys averaging 10 ppg is better than 2 guys averaging 20 ppg and the rest zip....

..and no, Kobe has never won with this little, nowhere close... "1 MVP caliber".... lol.. first of all you will have to proven in that regard to be called "MVP caliber", he has been put in that situation many years to show his "MVP caliber" and it was nowhere close, ever since Lebron left Cavs have been struggling just to not be the worst team in the damn East, better yet try reaching the Playoffs, in the damn East... WITH Kyrie...

and thats the team Lebron is playing for now at this very moment...

AND, i would take prime Pau Gasol's overall (defensive/offensive) impact over current Kyrie ANY DAMN DAY....

No matter how great you think Kyrie is it doesnt matter jack squat when you look at everything else, this nowhere close to a deep team.... Kobe has never won a championship or got to the Finals with such a poor supporting cast, his team was always DEEP, from coaching to the last players, far deeper than this squad i can tell you that....

You should not just give Lebron credit if he manages to win with this squad.... you should give much more.... considering nobody ever won with such a poor supporting cast, why not even call him GOAT.... atm he has just Kyrie to help him, a young PG with fancy handles who chucks shots and has zero playoff experience.... and the rest?

I thought this thread was dumb enough, but then this; particularly the bolded.

In what way is this the same team that Bron left? Go on and explain that. Go on. Kyrie is clearly a better player this season. They got JR who is a 6th man of the year candidate every damn year, and a 15ppg scorer. They got a decent big in Mozgov who can actually play some defense. Then they got one of the best defensive wings coming off the bench, letting Bron guard easier match ups on defense so he can have more energy on offense.

The only thing they don't have now is a bench due to Love getting injured and shifting everything around.

You freaking Lebron slut. Your posts are cringeworthy to read. Stop pretending to be some impartial know it all. You're just another f@g who likes Lebron, but won't admit it for whatever reason.

Budadiiii
04-29-2015, 06:58 PM
I won't.

I'll probably find some sort of loophole to troll.

Actually I could just pull the HGH card and say it doesn't count. That's what I do now anyway.

Prometheus
04-29-2015, 06:59 PM
I won't.

I'll probably find some sort of loophole to troll.

Actually I could just pull the HGH card and say it doesn't count. That's what I do now anyway.

You know... maybe I was wrong about you. Maybe you're not so bad after all.

Hey Yo
04-29-2015, 07:06 PM

In what way is this the same team that Bron left? Go on and explain that. Go on. Kyrie is clearly a better player this season. They got JR who is a 6th man of the year candidate every damn year, and a 15ppg scorer. They got a decent big in Mozgov who can actually play some defense. Then they got one of the best defensive wings coming off the bench, letting Bron guard easier match ups on defense so he can have more energy on offense.

The only thing they don't have now is a bench due to Love getting injured and shifting everything around.

You freaking Lebron slut. Your posts are cringeworthy to read. Stop pretending to be some impartial know it all. You're just another f@g who likes Lebron, but won't admit it for whatever reason.
J.R finished 2nd in 2008-09 and 5th in 09-10. Other than winning it in 2012-13 those are the only 2yrs he finished top 5 in voting.

Just wanted to point out the little exaggeration on your part

plowking
04-29-2015, 07:15 PM
J.R finished 2nd in 2008-09 and 5th in 09-10. Other than winning it in 2012-13 those are the only 2yrs he finished top 5 in voting.

Just wanted to point out the little exaggeration on your part

It isn't an exaggeration. Given he is put on a winning team, he is a 6th man candidate every year. Not his fault he played for the shitty Knicks.

KG215
04-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Haha...if Lebron wins this year it will be the biggest example of "Winning a championship with the worst supporting cast" criteria in NBA history.... overachieving at its very finest....Nobody has ever won with this little as it is now around Lebron, nobody....

:roll: :roll:

Nothing beats a good ole fashion hyperbolic post by pauk and griff to prop up their respective idol.

nzahir
04-29-2015, 07:26 PM
now he "only" has 1 other mvp caliber team mate

kobe might have won 2 without another guy like that. kyrie is obviously a top 5-6 player in the nba while gasol in 09 was around top 15+

but kobe did win 3 rings with shaq

and i count those titles. winning with 1 other guy isnt so bad. so i might actually be impressed if cleveland can get it done. even with an easy road to the finals

itel never compare to either of kobes 2009 or 2010 runs from the west without another mvp quality talent

but itel be worth something unlike his last 2. as if the lockout/ray allen shot werent enough of a problem

i also wont consider it a colluded ring since the one he rigged to get there is injured. kyrie was there already. so its just a ring chased title. which isnt the absolute worst thing

i figure this title could garner a 70% level prestige

much better than his first 2 titles. they were well under 50%

Lol at thinking kyrie is even top 10 now.
Not in order but who I have ahead of kyrie: Bron, Kd, AD, Cp3, Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Davis, Marc Gasol, Paul George is returns to how he was. Then its between kyrie, wall, demarcus, dwight(if healthy), and klay.

pauk
04-29-2015, 07:34 PM

In what way is this the same team that Bron left? Go on and explain that. Go on.

Clearly i should have been more specific in that post.

I didnt say/mean they are the same team that Lebron left lol, i said/meant they were a bad team since Lebron left to the day he returned.... and said/meant that they are pretty much the same team (2014, also a pretty bad team) now if you exclude Lebron/Love (certainly we can literally exclude him atm).... at the latter is where the "That is the team Lebron is playing for atm" is aimed at....

Kyrie is clearly a better player this season. They got JR who is a 6th man of the year candidate every damn year, and a 15ppg scorer. They got a decent big in Mozgov who can actually play some defense. Then they got one of the best defensive wings coming off the bench, letting Bron guard easier match ups on defense so he can have more energy on offense.

I didnt say he didnt have any help at all, these are not highschool players... but if he wins this championship, please go ahead and compare all those players (including coach) to any other superstars supporting cast who ever won a championship.....

If you think that is so dumb then lets create a hypothetical situation say where Cavs win this year.... now just give me any championship team in NBA history to compare that supporting cast to and i will show you what i said is not so dumb as you think.... any team...

Stuff are cringeworthy when they dont suit ones agenda or are heavily misinterpreted....

Being "impartial know it all", lol... i wish, being impartial is no problem, the know it all however is more difficult... i try.... and that i like Lebron's game has never been a secret or a denial, nor does it affect my impartiality/reason/ logic i think at least, i try to not let it, i gave up clowning around long time ago... that i dont stan/tard a team or a player helps me.... I just like great basketball and love discussing basketball, just like this one, right up until you showed your immaturity there at the end, but oh well its the internet, im sure you dont talk to people like that irl...

plowking
04-29-2015, 07:40 PM
Show you which championship team this Cavs team is better than in terms of talent?

07 Spurs, 06 Heat, 04 Pistons and probably equal with the 11 Mavs. All without K Love. But you knew that. You know what Hakeem did too. You just hyperbole constantly, and you actually start to believe the shit you type.

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 07:54 PM
I never gave Kobe any credit. I don't respect players who averaged 25 ppg on 41 FG% in the finals. - Kennethgriffinesque Posts.

pauk
04-29-2015, 08:08 PM
:roll: :roll:

Nothing beats a good ole fashion hyperbolic post by pauk and griff to prop up their respective idol.

Ah, good ole KG215 visit, where have you been man?

Anyways, for Kenneth, that is true... for me... not.. i know that even you know deep down inside the massive difference between him / somebody like him who like basketball only if it comes from one Player and despise if it comes from anywhere else (Budaddiii, Fudge, Joyner, 9erempire, Jabbar etc. etc. list is endless) and me....

I like Lebron's game, but that doesnt affect anything... this aint 2010 clowning...

Look, the things i say is things i seriously believe based on what i know & want to know and what i want to only know is only facts in all its context... thats why comments like yours are easy to retaliate....

So lets start, like i said to Plow, if you think that statement is "hyperbolic" / "dumb" / whatever, lets say Cavs win a championship (no Love), now just give me any team or superstars supporting cast in NBA history that ever won a championship to compare them to.... and i will show you why that statement is not so hyporbolic.... I will be very happy to oblige...

RedBlackAttack
04-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Ah, good ole KG215 visit, where have you been man?

Anyways, for Kenneth, that is true... for me... not.. i know that even you know deep down inside the massive difference between him / somebody like him who like basketball only if it comes from one Player and despise if it comes from anywhere else (Budaddiii, Fudge, Joyner, 9erempire, Jabbar etc. etc. list is endless) and me....

I like Lebron's game, but that doesnt affect anything... this aint 2010 clowning...

Look, the things i say is things i seriously believe based on what i know & want to know and what i want to only know is only facts in all its context... thats why comments like yours are easy to retaliate....

So lets start, like i said to Plow, if you think that statement is "hyperbolic" / "dumb" / whatever, lets say Cavs win a championship (no Love), now just give me any team or superstars supporting cast in NBA history that ever won a championship to compare them to.... and i will show you why that statement is not so hyporbolic.... I will be very happy to oblige...

FYP

pauk
04-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Show you which championship team this Cavs team is better than in terms of talent?

07 Spurs, 06 Heat, 04 Pistons and probably equal with the 11 Mavs. All without K Love. But you knew that. You know what Hakeem did too. You just hyperbole constantly, and you actually start to believe the shit you type.

Yes, this Cavs team... without Love... thats what im talking about, thats how Lebron will most likely be winning a championship this year afterall, if that miraculously happens (which i think it wont)....

Are you still sure those are your picks? You think 07 Spurs, 06 Heat, 04 Pistons, Hakeems championship teams and 11 Mavs were not better than this very current Cavs squad? Just checking.... because you are making this way to easy for me....

plowking
04-29-2015, 08:21 PM
Yes, this Cavs team... without Love... thats what im talking about, thats how Lebron will most likely be winning a championship this year afterall, if that miraculously happens (which i think it wont)....

Are you still sure those are your picks? You think 07 Spurs, 06 Heat, 04 Pistons, Hakeems championship teams and 11 Mavs were not better than this very current Cavs squad? Just checking.... because you are making this way to easy for me....

I'd love to see you downplay Lebron's supporting cast. Go ahead.

funnystuff
04-29-2015, 08:28 PM

Holy hell :roll: :roll:

Dro
04-29-2015, 08:30 PM
kyrie is obviously a top 5-6 player in the nba
Then I stopped reading....:confusedshrug:

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 08:30 PM
I never gave Kobe any credit. I don't respect players who averaged 25 ppg on 41 FG% in the finals. - Kennethgriffinesque Posts.

didnt lebron once average 22ppg on 35% in an nba finals

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 08:31 PM
didnt lebron once average 22ppg on 35% in an nba finals

22 yrs.old LeBron. I also gave Kobe a free pass in his first NBA finals appearance.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 08:32 PM
22 yrs.old LeBron. I also gave Kobe a free pass in his first NBA finals appearance.

then what happened in 2011

funnystuff
04-29-2015, 08:34 PM
Then I stopped reading....:confusedshrug:
Literally exactly when i read that i started scrolling

the_troof
04-29-2015, 08:44 PM

LOL @ Kyrie/Love being better then Prime Snaq
I have a lot more respect for Kobe then lebron but that statement is ludicrous

plowking
04-29-2015, 08:46 PM
then what happened in 2011

Same thing that happened in 6-24, only difference is the team was there to carry Kobe to victory.

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 08:49 PM
Same thing that happened in 6-24, only difference is the team was there to carry Kobe to victory.

or the 2004 NBA Finals.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 08:51 PM
so kyrie basically leads the cavs all year long
comes off allstar mvps/international mvps
drops nearly 60 points in a game
routinely outperforms lebron offensively.
has the best handles in the nba
is averaging 23/5/4 with 48% threes so far in the playoffs

but isnt close to being a top 5-6 player ?

hes basically 1-2 years away from demoting lebron to 2nd fiddle.

if kyrie is as bad as people think he is then lebron sucks

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 08:54 PM

2011 lebron averaged 17/7/6 in the nba finals
2010 kobe averaged 30/8/5 in the nba finals

only difference was team mates eh?

you mean when gasol averaged 20/10 while wade averaged 27/7/5

plowking
04-29-2015, 08:56 PM
pau basically leads the lakers all year long
plays better than kobe in international play
routinely outperforms kobe offensively.
more efficient than kobe offensively
has the best postgame in the nba
averages 19/12/4 in finals

Fixed for 2010.

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Kobe Bryant and LeBron James Finals Stats

Lebron James

27 games - 24.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 6.4 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.6 bpg, 3.8 tov, 46.3 FG%, 76.1 FT%, 54.6 TS%

Kobe Bryant

37 games - 25.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.1 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.9 bpg, 3.3 tov, 41.2 FG%, 84.8 FT%, 50.7 TS%

plowking
04-29-2015, 08:59 PM
2011 lebron averaged 17/7/6 in the nba finals
2010 kobe averaged 30/8/5 in the nba finals

only difference was team mates eh?

you mean when gasol averaged 20/10 while wade averaged 27/7/5

How in the hell do you round Kobe's numbers up nearly 2 whole numbers, while scaling down Bron a whole number?

I don't even care, since I only mentioned game 7, yet for some reason you brought up the whole series, but really? You aren't even going to try and put the actual facts on the table. This is why you lose this argument straight away. 3.9 getting scaled to 5, and 28.6 to 30? Jesus bro... :oldlol:

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Fixed for 2010.

pau basically leads the lakers all year long ( no mvp shares? kobe was 3rd )

plays better than kobe in international play ( kobe wrecked gasol in their gold medal game? )

routinely outperforms kobe offensively. ( kobe averaged 10 more ppg and was his teams leader in assists? )

more efficient than kobe offensively ( he should be hes 7 feet tall )

has the best postgame in the nba ( kobes one of the greatest post players of all time? so no lol.. only jordan/hakeem compare to his footwork/go to moves... )

averages 19/12/4 in finals ( kobe averaged 30/8/5 and won finals mvp )

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 09:02 PM
How in the hell do you round Kobe's numbers up nearly 2 whole numbers, while scaling down Bron a whole number?

I don't even care, since I only mentioned game 7, yet for some reason you brought up the whole series, but really? You aren't even going to try and put the actual facts on the table. This is why you lose this argument straight away. 3.9 getting scaled to 5, and 28.6 to 30? Jesus bro... :oldlol:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: The guy doesn't know how to count.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Kobe Bryant and LeBron James Finals Stats

Lebron James

27 games - 24.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 6.4 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.6 bpg, 3.8 tov, 46.3 FG%, 76.1 FT%, 54.6 TS%

Kobe Bryant

37 games - 25.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.1 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.9 bpg, 3.3 tov, 41.2 FG%, 84.8 FT%, 50.7 TS%

you forgot 2 for 5 and 5 for 7

most important stat

plowking
04-29-2015, 09:06 PM
( no mvp shares? kobe was 3rd )
( kobe wrecked gasol in their gold medal game? )
( kobe averaged 10 more ppg and was his teams leader in assists? )
( he should be hes 7 feet tall )
( kobes one of the greatest post players of all time? so no lol.. only jordan/hakeem compare to his footwork/go to moves... )
( kobe averaged 30/8/5 and won finals mvp )

Oh, right, so literally almost all of that applies to Bron/Kyrie as well, yet you push the BS.

And no, Kobe averaged far less than those numbers in the finals. :oldlol:

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Oh, right, so literally almost all of that applies to Bron/Kyrie as well, yet you push the BS.

And no, Kobe averaged far less than those numbers in the finals. :oldlol:

all i know for sure is kobe is finals mvp. if you wanna say a 2nd guy who had the win shares and didnt win finals mvp was the real mvp then so was kobe in 2001

either way it balances out

whats certain is that kobes 5 for 7. won 2 titles without a legendary sidekick

lebron is 2 for 5. won 1 fake title with a legendary sidekick. and ray allen gifted lebron his first real title with a legendary sidekick

any way you look at it. kobe is your daddy

plowking
04-29-2015, 09:15 PM
lebron is 2 for 5. won 1 fake title with a legendary sidekick. and ray allen gifted lebron his first real title with a legendary sidekick

I will give you this though.

Bron did win a title with a sidekick that is actually a better finals performer than Kobe. That is a fair amount of help.

But at the same time, Kobe was second fiddle for the first 3, so we don't count them. Kobe 2/7 and Bron 2/5 as the man. Titles while riding the championship cruise as a passenger don't count.

edrick
04-29-2015, 09:19 PM
I'd love to see you downplay Lebron's supporting cast. Go ahead.

The Cav's bench is dead last in ppg this year. Benches are extremely important, just look at the Spurs.

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 09:21 PM
41 FG% in the NBA Finals. That's turrible.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 09:26 PM
41 FG% in the NBA Finals. That's turrible.

you do realize youre fighting a massive building fire with a water gun right?

your attempt to combat 5 for 7 nba finals by saying lebrons 2 for 5 totals had a higher fg%?

yeah i'm sure kobe would gladly trade in his 3 extra rings for a few more fg% points

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 09:27 PM
you do realize youre fighting a massive building fire with a water gun right?

your attempt to combat 5 for 7 nba finals by saying lebrons 2 for 5 totals had a higher fg%?

yeah i'm sure kobe would gladly trade in his 3 extra rings for a few more fg% points

I am sure not.

4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP > 1x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 09:32 PM
I am sure not.

4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP > 1x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

this is true

but

5x NBA champion, and 1X NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP, and 5 for 7 in NBA finals > 1x lockout champion, 1x fluke shot champion, 4x NBA MVP, and 2xFinals MVP, and 2 for 5 in NBA finals

6 for 24
04-29-2015, 09:42 PM

Next to kennethgriffin, I am the biggest Kobe stan on here and I invented the most respected advanced metric used today: the PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)

KG215
04-29-2015, 10:10 PM
this is true

but

5x NBA champion, and 1X NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP, and 5 for 7 in NBA finals > 1x lockout champion, 1x fluke shot champion, 4x NBA MVP, and 2xFinals MVP, and 2 for 5 in NBA finals
So you're allowed to apply whatever bullshit degrading disclaimers you want to LeBron's titles? But if someone tries to degrade Kobe's 2000 championship, and use the stupid "three sidekick rings" argument for his first three, they don't apply? I'm not saying any of Kobe's first three rings should be taken lightly or disregarded, but you can't just add whatever denigrating disclaimers you want to LeBron's championships then just laugh/shrug it off when someone else does the same thing to Kobe's championships.

How can someone be this dense in their arguing? How can certain things apply to one side, no matter how ridiculous they are, but don't apply to the other side?

34-24 Footwork
04-29-2015, 10:14 PM
Lebron stans hijacking cleveland fans and holding them for ransom.

Lebron stans prematurely looking for someone to blame for Lebron's expected shortcomings this preseason. :lol

...and unfortunately, Love is out. Hope Cavs fans are smarter than this.

Megabox!
04-29-2015, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=6 for 24]Next to kennethgriffin, I am the biggest Kobe stan on here and I invented the most respected advanced metric used today: the PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)

aj1987
04-30-2015, 03:21 AM

averaging 29/7/6 in a 15-1 playoff run
Kobe's teammate had a better run than Kobe.

Shaq in the '01 PO's:
30.4 PPG 15.4 RPG 3.2 APG 0.4 SPG 2.4 BPG on 56.4% TS

Kobe in the '01 PO's:
29.4 PPG 7.3 RPG 6.1 APG 1.6 SPG 0.8 BPG on 55.5% TS

:oldlol: @ it being top 5 all time.

co-lead dog. they should be co-mvps...
Not when Kobe averaged 25 PPG on 50% TS and letting AI take a massive shit on him. Shaq averaged 33/16/5/3 on 58% TS.

yall can talk shit about 1999-2000 all you want when kobe averaged prime tim duncan scoring numbers... i agree... prime duncan and 2000 kobe werent that great
Because scoring is all that matters, right? Duncan was playing DPOY level defense and shutting down teams by himself.

but leave 2001 and 2002 out of it. those were historic runs for kobe and legit titles
For Kobe? Sure. All time historic? :oldlol:

SpaceJammeR
04-30-2015, 07:24 AM
why do you guys bother with these kobe stans.

NBASTATMAN
04-30-2015, 09:22 AM

ISHGoat
04-30-2015, 10:34 AM
My favourite part of kennth's gimmick is that he tries to consistently descredit lebrons two rings with these two unbelieveably retarded arguments:

- the regular season was shorter

- ray allen hit a buzzer beater

Kenneth, do you even think? You could literally go through every finals series/playoff series/nba game and make the same statements to discredit anyone.

Budadiiii
04-30-2015, 10:46 AM
My favourite part of kennth's gimmick is that he tries to consistently descredit lebrons two rings with these two unbelieveably retarded arguments:

- the regular season was shorter

- ray allen hit a buzzer beater

Kenneth, do you even think? You could literally go through every finals series/playoff series/nba game and make the same statements to discredit anyone.
Durant beat Spurs in 6

LeBron was seconds away from LOSING in 6 before Ray bailed him out

Context matters. LeBron's rings don't mean shit. Had he got called for a foul in game 2 of the 2012 NBA finals OKC goes up 2-0 and therefore goes on to win the series.

It's the worst non-call in NBA history.